Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
just picked it up on ubishop.com...this was a great deal... the game isnt really worth 15 bucks.. i mean come on LOOK AT IT!!!.... LOOK AT IT!!

[quote name='integralsmatic']how did you pay? You will get it. I paid by paypal...so they usually take 24 hours to complete payment and then send out the code..[/QUOTE]

Your icon makes me sad...

[quote name='Karuto']I want to buy this, but I have no idea on how long the game is expected to be and what sort of replay value there is. I mean, $9 is nice and all, but if I am only going to be playing this once for like 5 hours, when a game like Castle Crashers is coming soon for around the same price but with a lot more added, it makes me question the sale. Any word on game length and if there will be any other game modes available?[/QUOTE]

no idea on game length, but i was lead to believe that each character has unique moves, so there might be some there.

what do this mean Extended Download Service (details)? $3.99 it was at checkout

[quote name='starmask2k3']what do this mean Extended Download Service (details)? $3.99 it was at checkout[/QUOTE]

That's usually like some "guarantee" that they won't take down the files and cut off your ability to re-download for X number of months or something like that. I can't see what it'd have to do with a PSN download code that you really only need to download once and becomes worthless after you've redeemed it. I'd love to know how many people actually pay that fee on this Scott Pilgrim code.

[quote name='hpv']That's usually like some "guarantee" that they won't take down the files and cut off your ability to re-download for X number of months or something like that. I can't see what it'd have to do with a PSN download code that you really only need to download once and becomes worthless after you've redeemed it. I'd love to know how many people actually pay that fee on this Scott Pilgrim code.[/QUOTE]

:cool: I didn't think it was possible for a retailer to put a warranty on a non-physical product, but Ubisoft has dared to dream the impossible dream. The reason why physical retailers push warranties so hard on products is that they make up a considerable profit margin for them that they rarely have to do a claim on. I'm not really sure what the benefit is here since once the code is redeemed on PSN, it is tied to your PSN account for the life of the account.

No real complaints though, I bought the code at $8.99 + tax and look forward to playing the game on 8/10/10. :)

[quote name='yarkitty123']Sorry OP, shipping killed it for me.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding right? How much can Ubi possibly charge for sending an email to you?

[quote name='Serpentor']I asked a question there...

Anyway, asking here again, does the PSN version has a Platinum Trophy? It's technically a $14.99 title...[/QUOTE]

No game has released at $14.99 with a platinum trophy.

[quote name='Serpentor']I asked a question there...

Anyway, asking here again, does the PSN version has a Platinum Trophy? It's technically a $14.99 title...[/QUOTE]

Um..not all $14.99 titles get a Platinum on PSN. Not sure why you think that is. There's only been a few exceptions. And its up to the developer. Just because its priced that way, it dont mean Devs have to include 40+ trophies and a platinum.

No game has released at $14.99 with a platinum trophy.

I believe there is a racing game on PSN that has a Platinum and its like $8. So again, that has more to do with the Dev then a requirement.

[quote name='wrencrest']FYI guys, but gametrailers says this game is going to retail for $9.99. Not $14.99.[/QUOTE]

They're basing that off of the ubishop pre-order price. They don't know what it'll cost on PSN. A lot of people have been saying the xbla version's going to cost 1200, and ubi did temporarily raise the price of the game to $15 on the ubishop which led people to think the $10 price was a mistake.

Ordered it yesterday, still no code. Friend of mine ordered it after me and got his code last night.

Not worried yet though, still plenty of time.

[quote name='doodofdoods']They're basing that off of the ubishop pre-order price. They don't know what it'll cost on PSN. A lot of people have been saying the xbla version's going to cost 1200, and ubi did temporarily raise the price of the game to $15 on the ubishop which led people to think the $10 price was a mistake.[/QUOTE]
You may be right and it doesnt matter in the long run, but if you go to the Ubistore...the only preorder bonus mentioned is the shirt. So I would agree with Gametrailers that it seems their price will be $9.99. Normally deals would state the price is temporary.

[quote name='darknight88']Um..not all $14.99 titles get a Platinum on PSN. Not sure why you think that is. There's only been a few exceptions. And its up to the developer. Just because its priced that way, it dont mean Devs have to include 40+ trophies and a platinum.

I believe there is a racing game on PSN that has a Platinum and its like $8. So again, that has more to do with the Dev then a requirement.[/QUOTE]

There have been no games released at $14.99 with a Platinum trophy. The cheapest one so far has been Trine at $19.99. Also, it's than. TH-A-N!

[quote name='hpv']No game has released at $14.99 with a platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]
1. Death Track: Resurrection is $14.99 and has a platinum trophy.
2. Anarchy: Rush Hour is $7.99 and has a platinum trophy.

[quote name='robodaddyo']1. Death Track: Resurrection is $14.99 and has a platinum trophy.
2. Anarchy: Rush Hour is $7.99 and has a platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, that's why i asked, but it looks like this beat'm up won't have a platinum. I'll pass, since the price with $1 off is 50 cents cheaper than what it will be anyway, i have to pay taxes (free t-shirt is for PS Home).

[quote name='Serpentor']Thank you, that's why i asked, but it looks like this beat'm up won't have a platinum. I'll pass, since the price with $1 off is 50 cents cheaper than what it will be anyway, i have to pay taxes (free t-shirt is for PS Home).[/QUOTE]

As of now the price is debatable but I'm leaning towards the retail price being $14.99 since it will sell for 1200 xbl point. Also, it show 14.99 a few times on the ubisoft store, but it's up to you if you feel it's worth it.

Ubisoft got yer money, now they don't got the codes. If you hear someone yelling outside your door about how he can't find you yet but he's searching and then hear a list of others also acknowledging and saying the same, then just know Ubisoft sent their assassination squad--the same one they based the Splinter Cell: Conviction thugs off of--to take care of you. Bullets are cheaper than codes.

Be careful, though, if you head for your window because you never know when someone might be projecting mission text on your building and guiding some fool--one whose daughter had an accident (maybe?) or perhaps one who speaks with a bad italian accent--to get you.

If it were me, I'd do the only thing that seems to be Ubi's weakness. Watch Avatar. They didn't know WHAT to do with that. Perhaps it'll daze and confuse their flunkies.

[quote name='robodaddyo']1. Death Track: Resurrection is $14.99 and has a platinum trophy.
2. Anarchy: Rush Hour is $7.99 and has a platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]

Thanx for proving my point and for a few others. Hate when ignorant idiots say crap...and that racing game is the one i was talking about :)

[quote name='Serpentor']Thank you, that's why i asked, but it looks like this beat'm up won't have a platinum. I'll pass, since the price with $1 off is 50 cents cheaper than what it will be anyway, i have to pay taxes (free t-shirt is for PS Home).[/QUOTE]

I love when trophy whoring gets in the way of playing games. "No Platinum? Well fuck that I'm not buying this game!". Not the first time I've seen you say something like this.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']STILL no code. :\ I just e-mailed them. We have time 'til the 10th, so I'm not TOO worried, but still...[/QUOTE]

What is the consumer support email?

[quote name='Gekkoton']What is the consumer support email?[/QUOTE]
https://shop.ubi.com/DRHM/servlet/C...playContactFormPage&SiteID=ubina&Locale=en_US

If that link doesn't work, go to ubishop.com, click on HELP, and then click on the link that says "Contact Customer Service."

So far, I'm not having much luck. They re-sent me my order confirmation, but that still didn't have the code. Then they sent me some other set of instructions not relevant to the situation. Hopefully this can be sorted out. Let me know if you have better luck.

Edit: Just got another reply that said the order is still processing and to wait two business days. Odd, but we'll see. Maybe it's because I paid through Paypal? Who knows. There's still time 'til the game hits, so I'll ride it out a few more days.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I love when trophy whoring gets in the way of playing games. "No Platinum? Well fuck that I'm not buying this game!". Not the first time I've seen you say something like this.[/QUOTE]

I agree - that is pretty dumb.

It's worse than achievement whoring because it focuses on a specific type of meaningless e-reward.

Bronze? No. Silver? No. Gold? Maybe. Platinum? Oh yeah, count me in. Double Myrrh? Faith +1.

I received a response to my support email (kinda snarky form letter about how the "code is in the order confirmation email") but it included the codes (which I had gotten in a followup a few hours after I sent the support message, so I wasn't sure if my email is what prompted that; guess not).

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']https://shop.ubi.com/DRHM/servlet/C...playContactFormPage&SiteID=ubina&Locale=en_US

If that link doesn't work, go to ubishop.com, click on HELP, and then click on the link that says "Contact Customer Service."

So far, I'm not having much luck. They re-sent me my order confirmation, but that still didn't have the code. Then they sent me some other set of instructions not relevant to the situation. Hopefully this can be sorted out. Let me know if you have better luck.

Edit: Just got another reply that said the order is still processing and to wait two business days. Odd, but we'll see. Maybe it's because I paid through Paypal? Who knows. There's still time 'til the game hits, so I'll ride it out a few more days.[/QUOTE]

Thank you , I just sent them an email, I will keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Owlmus']bought this two days ago havent gotten any code yet, just still processing or whatever. i used paypal too[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, only I paid with a credit card.

[quote name='leehom']ANyone know if you can redeem the codes now or do you have to wait until 8/10 to redeem them?[/QUOTE]

You have to wait. They are pretty clear on that.

Well this sucks. I still haven't received the codes and when I put my order number in, it says it doesn't exist and not found.

bread's done
Back