Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']PS Home still works?? Wow, I totally forgot that existed.

The game is supposed to retail for $14.99, so this is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

The game was just confirmed at $9.99 by Jeff Rubenstein of PlayStation on the PSN blog.

[quote name='Lord Humongous']The game was just confirmed at $9.99 by Jeff Rubenstein of PlayStation on the PSN blog.[/QUOTE]

Great! I hope they match the $10 price for the XBLA release as well.

Since it will be $9,99, it means I can wait for reviews! Or, wait to get my review copy, and pay nothing! Oh, the choices...

Still no code. Looks like my order was "unsubmitted" the following day, yet I've been charged for it. *Sigh* Sending yet another e-mail.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Still no code. Looks like my order was "unsubmitted" the following day, yet I've been charged for it. *Sigh* Sending yet another e-mail.[/QUOTE]
Same thing with my order, but I received the code a few days later. Just be patient.

I got my codes and you can't redeem them until they release on 8/10 and 8/12. BTW, for those of you not getting your codes. I am pretty sure they don't email the codes themselves. They email you saying your order is my ready or something like that and you can check the status by going to their findmyorder page. Once you look up your order the codes are listed under each item. I think the link is findmyorder.com or findyourorder.com I forget.

Well, this's turned into a classic clusterfuck on my end.

Emailed them, they said that the order had been submitted to the fulfiller and they had to wait for them, whoever the fuck that is. They said to wait 12-24 hours.

That was Monday.

I just emailed them again today demanding to get the codes and stating that if they're unable to process what I paid for that I would be forced to go through a chargeback.

All this to save a buck. Not worth it.

[quote name='Logain8955']Well, this's turned into a classic clusterfuck on my end.

Emailed them, they said that the order had been submitted to the fulfiller and they had to wait for them, whoever the fuck that is. They said to wait 12-24 hours.

That was Monday.

I just emailed them again today demanding to get the codes and stating that if they're unable to process what I paid for that I would be forced to go through a chargeback.

All this to save a buck. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I e-mailed them and they just replied with a copy of my original e-mail order with no codes. I just submitted another help request, hopefully this will make someone with 2 brain cells actually read the problem before responding with a form e-mail.

Clusterfuck is right.

I've been through the ringer. After several e-mails, they're now claiming I was never charged. I was, and showed them proof. Yet, all of a sudden, they "are unable to assist [me] with this issue at the Ubisoft Store." So, they passed the buck and directed me to http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

I tried that last night, and will supposedly hear back in one business day. We'll see what happens.

I hope I don't end up having to dispute this through Paypal.

Ugh!

Welp, count me among those who are yet to receive their code after the allotted waiting time. I shot off an email to customer support and now I'm awaiting a potentially effortless response.

I finally got the codes!!!! :D

I'm not sure if my query on the Ubi support site helped push that along (I never got an answer back from them), but whatever the case may be, I'm glad the codes eventually came.

Before that, the customer service for Digital River (who I e-mailed several times until they told me I should use the link above instead) was frustrating to deal with, but I'll at least give them credit for quick responses - in the middle of the night, no less. That's gotta count for something, I suppose. :)

When you place your initial order it specifically says it may take up to 72 hours to get your codes. Be patient, they will arrive. Ubisoft will email when they are available. Took me 2 and a half days but I did get the email and my codes.

[quote name='Lord Humongous']When you place your initial order it specifically says it may take up to 72 hours to get your codes. Be patient, they will arrive. Ubisoft will email when they are available. Took me 2 and a half days but I did get the email and my codes.[/QUOTE]

Well, it took me a lot longer than 72 hours + a frustrating cycle of e-mails. I suspect that's the case for a lot of people here. But I'm glad the codes eventually arrived.

[quote name='Lord Humongous']When you place your initial order it specifically says it may take up to 72 hours to get your codes. Be patient, they will arrive. Ubisoft will email when they are available. Took me 2 and a half days but I did get the email and my codes.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Monday, and still nothing as of today.
No rush, though, as the codes won't do me any good yet, but I will def start harassing them a couple of days prior to release date

EDIT: are they reading the thread???
Just got an email with the code for the game

I finally got my damn codes. They said they had to load more into the store to give out.

Read: Bullshit answer, but whatever, I got my stuff.

Anyone still having problems, just be stern. Don't go off spouting profanity, just stuff like "Please rectify this situation immediately, otherwise I'll be forced to recover my money through ".

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wish it was on amazon since I have $10 to spend.[/QUOTE]

Get it for Xbox so we can bash people together.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Get it for Xbox so we can bash people together.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait that long >_<

I might just double dip if it's that good though.

After my second e-mail to them, they said wait around 24 hours and it'd generate the codes. Thankfully, that worked, and I got my codes. All set for release date.

Hmmm strange when I bought mine last night the codes were right there on the invoice page. Also I got my email immediately after hitting the submit button.

Just went through checkout and at the last screen:

Save file Scott_Pilgrim_PSN_Redemption.txt to your Desktop. After saving, run the file to install your new software.
Serial Number: XXX-XXX-XXX
PSN (Electronic Download)
If you don't see your serial keys here, they will be sent to you within 72 hours. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for your purchase! Please keep your serial keys in a safe place, as you will be able to use them to redeem Scott Pilgrim on PSN on August 10, 2010, and the Sex Bob-omb t-shirt on PlayStation® Home on August 12, 2010.

So we get a PC Code and PSN Code? technically 2 games? Or is the code i got for PSN?

For people with problems regarding getting codes, I had the same issue, even after 4 days no e-mail had my codes so I went to:
www.findmyorder.com
And added my order # and Ubisoft password and it took me to a page that showed my codes.

Try that before e-mailing customer service.

I hope the Home shirt is worth something a bit down the road. I have no use for it, but if I can sell it to pay for some or all of the game this would be an even more awesome deal.

[quote name='Chocoburger']For people with problems regarding getting codes, I had the same issue, even after 4 days no e-mail had my codes so I went to:
www.findmyorder.com
And added my order # and Ubisoft password and it took me to a page that showed my codes.

Try that before e-mailing customer service.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the only way I found out about my code since I never received a code emailed by Ubisoft.

Got it, thanks OP. Great deal, only 8.99 in CA. My billing address is in VA, so not sure if that helped or made a difference. Once I clicked purchase, the page at UBI froze, but I got a confirmation email right away with the codes, so the purchase must have gone through. :) Again, great deal, thanks OP, and the CAG that gave us the 1.00 off code!!!

It's like River City Ransom/Simpsons game for the arcade. Look up some videos on youtube, so far it looks pretty sick.

Thanks OP! Was thinking about getting the game and the $8.99 price tag locked it in for me! I might just sell the Home t-shirt code for a few bucks.

[quote name='FusionHype']Thanks OP! Was thinking about getting the game and the $8.99 price tag locked it in for me! I might just sell the Home t-shirt code for a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

+1. Grabbed 2 copies (1 personal).

Just an FYI, Goozex has this thing listed at 900 points. At $8.99, it's a nice flip (and you can probably get rid of the extra shirt somewhere else)!

[quote name='FusionHype']It's like River City Ransom/Simpsons game for the arcade. Look up some videos on youtube, so far it looks pretty sick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sound about right. Some of my favorite games are in this genre. So this should be good! Getting new items from the stores and what not will add another level to this, so I am excited. Thanks again Op.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']+1. Grabbed 2 copies (1 personal).

Just an FYI, Goozex has this thing listed at 900 points. At $8.99, it's a nice flip (and you can probably get rid of the extra shirt somewhere else)![/QUOTE]

Also, there are no requests nor offers for Scott Pilgrim on Goozex. 900 points for a game that is going to cost anywhere from $10-$15 is crazy. No one is going to fall for that unless they don't seriously understand Goozex's system.

[quote name='Lukami']Why is XBLA version later than PSN??[/QUOTE]

I assuming Sony paid to make it exclusive to their system for 2 weeks; these timed exclusives are stupid... unless you legitimately need more time to work on one version, just release the damn game. The company may make some money to make a title exclusive for a while... but it doesn't make sense to inconvenience customers who want to play the game ASAP.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']+1. Grabbed 2 copies (1 personal).

Just an FYI, Goozex has this thing listed at 900 points. At $8.99, it's a nice flip (and you can probably get rid of the extra shirt somewhere else)![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cephiros']Also, there are no requests nor offers for Scott Pilgrim on Goozex. 900 points for a game that is going to cost anywhere from $10-$15 is crazy. No one is going to fall for that unless they don't seriously understand Goozex's system.[/QUOTE]

You'd think that, but I (as well as others) have traded codes anywhere from 250-800 Points. Some people on Goozex have points to burn and won't bat an eye shelling out 900 points for a $10 game. I personally know 3 people who do this (all 3 have no fewer than 15,000 points a piece at a time). Most people on Goozex aren't CAGs (nor math wizards) so to them, they see a game they like, they buy it (without any concern over price/points).

When the game is released (or a few days after) Goozex usually adjusts the price to something comparable (probably 500-600 points). Sometimes it takes a while before they adjust, so you have a very small window if you're trying to trade it for 900.

$8.99 for 600 points is still a nice deal (especially if you're trying to get a new release and need points). Even 500 points (which comes out to about $25-$30 on Goozex) is still a deal.

[quote name='Lukami']Why is XBLA version later than PSN??[/QUOTE]

It is a timed exclusive. Kind of like Episodes from Liberty City?

[quote name='Thomas96']That damn dollar off! Deal so sweet, its like dammit, buy the damn game. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Isn't the game going to be $14.99? So that's $6 off and a free avatar shirt (no big deal obviously). The $6 off is damn sweet though.

Edit:' Never mind. I just read the price is $9.99. Not sure why someone earlier in this thread said $14.99.

[quote name='SDC']It is a timed exclusive. Kind of like Episodes from Liberty City?[/QUOTE]
Please don't remind me of that. I would've never bought the 360 version had I known that from the beginning.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']You'd think that, but I (as well as others) have traded codes anywhere from 250-800 Points. Some people on Goozex have points to burn and won't bat an eye shelling out 900 points for a $10 game. I personally know 3 people who do this (all 3 have no fewer than 15,000 points a piece at a time). Most people on Goozex aren't CAGs (nor math wizards) so to them, they see a game they like, they buy it (without any concern over price/points).

When the game is released (or a few days after) Goozex usually adjusts the price to something comparable (probably 500-600 points). Sometimes it takes a while before they adjust, so you have a very small window if you're trying to trade it for 900.

$8.99 for 600 points is still a nice deal (especially if you're trying to get a new release and need points). Even 500 points (which comes out to about $25-$30 on Goozex) is still a deal.[/QUOTE]

That's very valid. There are many uses of Goozex. In the beginning of my use, I traded away most of my PS2 games and got alot of older 360 games for my new 360 back in 2007.

I used it again here and there when I trade away a newer game that I've beaten and most gotten older 360 games since I was robbed just before PAX Prime 2008.

However, there are power traders on there that have a huge stock pile of points either through gift card sales and general trading.

It's look like a good game and I'm hope the price is the same on XBL. I would love to have a Scott Pilgrim avatar t-shirt.

[quote name='Thomas96']I assuming Sony paid to make it exclusive to their system for 2 weeks; these timed exclusives are stupid... unless you legitimately need more time to work on one version, just release the damn game. The company may make some money to make a title exclusive for a while... but it doesn't make sense to inconvenience customers who want to play the game ASAP.[/QUOTE]

No it's because of the summer sale thing that XBL have. So it's actually just Microsoft not releasing it right away. It was on a Joystiq article.

bread's done
Back