Section 8 only 9.99 on PSN!

To add to questions: Is there any kind of (decent) single player component, or is this pretty strictly multi?

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Don't waste your money guys. This is like an ass of gigs, and the game is just straight garbage.[/QUOTE]

You just have to post negative things about a lot of things huh? But you come on the forums posting a crappy wii game for 30 dollars and call it a bargain

I played it before I'd pay 4.99 for it and maybe get some of my friends some game codes to play with. I only think I'd have fun playing with friends on this game.

Bought the game for $5! I've been interested in trying this game out for the longest time, and nows a better time then ever to play it, with it being cheap and all... That and trophies. Such a trophy whore... ;)

Wow thanks so much to Beane316 and OP for their post. Just picked this up, personally I really enjoy Section 8, I've had it on PC because of a sale on it at direct2drive for $12.50 a while a go, and I still feel it is worth that. But for $5 man thats a steal, I hope to see some more people playing that would be great!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Don't waste your money guys. This is like an ass of gigs, and the game is just straight garbage.[/QUOTE]
Isn't this coming from the same guy who bought and enjoyed that shitty Drake game for the old xbox for the same price? :lol:

Apparently it's not tooo terrible and was at one point a full retail price game for Xbox/PC?, then was $30 for PS3. So you can't beat $5 I guess.

Edit: I guess I'll try to game share it for a dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty iffy on it when I tried the 360 demo, but what they hey I'll give the PS3 demo a shot, 5 bucks is nothing.

[quote name='SDC']To add to questions: Is there any kind of (decent) single player component, or is this pretty strictly multi?[/QUOTE]

I bought it like a month ago when the price was $15 (darn wish I waited!), and I thought it was worth it. It does have single player (with a gold trophy if you beat it on hard), but it's pretty laughable. More like training for the online portion. The online multiplayer is pretty darn fun. Seriously, for $5, or even $10, this is a bargain. I don't know why the price is THAT low, but it's not a bad game at all.

Note: When trying to play online, select the "friends" portion, this loads a set of dedicated servers that actually have people playing. I've never loaded the game and not seen someone playing this in case anyone was wondering.

[quote name='petersa1d']Any of you guys know if you can gameshare this game?[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know once its finished downloading.

Someone on my list is going to grab it.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I'll let you know once its finished downloading.

Someone on my list is going to grab it.[/QUOTE]

Pardon my noobiness, but how do you share games?

I could be completely wrong in my assumptions here but wasn't this game either created by (some of) the folks behind Tribes/created in vain of Tribes? I only ask because it is pretty disgusting to think that a mock up/mild recreation to one of the greatest online PC multi player game (let alone one of the best games) of all time is not only so horrible but has it's named dragged through the mud for a miserable five spot. Seriously if this is what is going on that's just plain out ridiculously.

Now of course if I'm wrong... You can completely ignore this post.

[quote name='KneeKnee']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174965[/QUOTE]

Everybody should start sharing games for PSN. It's a great way to get everything you want and save money. Just make sure to do it with friends/CAGs you can trust.

If anyone has any questions ask or post in that thread and ask (after reading through the first post in that thread). A couple of weeks ago I was confused on how it all worked but it's really simple as can be.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I'll let you know once its finished downloading.

Someone on my list is going to grab it.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, thanks.

Downloading now 5 bucks is a decent deal. Since I dont do gamesharing. I like saving money but since I used to code for a living I like to support other developers.

At only 5 bones, I had to grab this. It's still got like 200mb to download, so I doubt I'll try it out tonight, but I've been on the fence for this game for a while. I felt like 10-15 would be a fair price for it, but kept telling myself that if it ever hit 5 I'd grab it, be it for clearance on the 360 version, or psn, thinking I'd never find it for that price, and thus save my money.

So, I'm half happy that I got the game for cheap, and half bummed that they called my bluff.

bread's done
Back