Sega Dreamcast Console - Amazon $120

[quote name='Otherguy676']yahoo ran an article recently about a lot of major retailers getting new Dreamcast stock that is actually selling well (msrp = $99). I dont think Sega is manufacturing again because they cut out the GD-Rom discs some years ago but this stock has to be coming from somewhere. And Sega has to be taking notice. Would it be a horrible idea for them to contract with PNT or Gamestop to sell some Dreamcast greatest hits games? I can't imagine the manufacturing costs would be high and the cost could be kept around $15. Just a thought of what may be a good idea that will never happen.[/QUOTE]

That would be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Isn't this just as good if not better deal than Thinkgeek or Gamequest when you count their shipping?

[quote name='ShinBattousai']What do you mean by member?[/QUOTE]
You need to sign up an account with them.

Rush 2049 was one of the coolest local 3-4 player games I've ever played. I'd play that for hours every week. We'd try to reach for the impossible coins as well as bash each other with the various weapons.

I found my dreamcast recently and low and behold the game that was inside the tray was soul calibur.

I have to give it up for the Dreamcast. I remember the first time I saw the football game for it and was blown away (it was in Bestbuy, and some dude walking buy asked who was playing because he thought it was an actual football game...blew Madden away at the time). Soul Calibur version here remains the best of the series. Do the old disc swap trick and play your imports. Innovative titles. Had several epic late night sessions playing Gauntlet with my nephew.

Luckily for me I scrounged up almost everygame for the system as it was going under and folks were abandoning and ignoring it in favor of the PS2.

How MS could be involved in something this innovative and elegant and then follow it up with the POS that was Xbox is beyond me (MS, along with Dreamworks, collaborated on this system).

XBOX a POS? More like the system that put Microsoft into the game industry, created the Halo franchise, and is the reason why the 360 is such a huge success.

Also the XBOX launched the best online gaming community, Xbox LIVE. Not to mention pioneered the use of hard drives in consoles to expedite loading (PS2 hard drive only did this for a few games).

[quote name='Danil ACE']the system that put Microsoft into the game industry, created the Halo franchise, and is the reason why the 360 is such a huge success.
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say MS created the Halo franchise. I thought they had basically taken it and forced it into a FPS as it was originally supposed to be RTS.

[quote name='Shady3011']I was planning on that with a bunch of fodder.[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

I'll have to try that pin technique to prevent my Dreamcast from resetting itself. That being said there are a lot of great Capcom games on the dreamcast that were never ported:

Power Stone 2
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
Plasma Sword

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I'll have to try that pin technique to prevent my Dreamcast from resetting itself. That being said there are a lot of great Capcom games on the dreamcast that were never ported:

Power Stone 2
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
Plasma Sword[/QUOTE]

There is a PS1 version of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure. Also, Power Stone 2 was in the PSP's Power Stone Collection.

[quote name='voidedx']Rush 2049 was one of the coolest local 3-4 player games I've ever played. I'd play that for hours every week. We'd try to reach for the impossible coins as well as bash each other with the various weapons.[/QUOTE]YES! Glad someone else enjoyed this game. Me and my friends pretty much ignored the main racing mode, and just played that stunt mode for hours on end.

I still gotta get my Dreamcast fixed though. It turns on and it can read discs and everything, but the controller ports seem to be blown out. The same thing happened to two PS1's that I had, shortly after I moved into my apartment... I think there was some bad electrical wiring in the room or something :whistle2:(

ah how i remember the dreamcast, remember babbages? I can remember it like it was yesterday, walking through the mall, going in babbages and what do i see the first minute i walk in the store? A dreamcast on display in a plastic bubble stand with sonic adventures on a 13" tv. Playing for an hour straight killing time.

bread's done
Back