Select PS3 "Greatest Hits" Titles for $15 (PS AllStars, Sly Cooper) @ Best Buy

dvgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well there's a couple interesting games there, KZ3 and ICO collection. I'm just not sure about these prices, especially with the Killzone Collection out there.
That's a good price on the ICO collection but I would pass on KZ3 at that price point. Been available at other times and places for $15 and waiting for a good price on the trilogy myself.

I bought All Stars a few days ago for $19.99 but I lost my receipt.. can they still do a price adjustment? I also didn't use my Best Buy card.. I know I know :/
Did you have them do your Reward Zone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Must resist.  Must believe that many of these games are exactly the kind of games that will end up PS+ soon if they haven't already been there.  I bought discounted cards knowing it would be somewhat mandatory for the PS4, so now I need to get the full benefit out of those cards.  None of these are games I must play in the next few months.  Patience.

Heh, I just bought All Stars last week...looks like I'll be getting $5 back when I go in Tuesday to pick up Boardwalk Empire S3...

That's a good price on the ICO collection but I would pass on KZ3 at that price point. Been available at other times and places for $15 and waiting for a good price on the trilogy myself.

Did you have them do your Reward Zone?
Nope but I used a gift card.

Oh I'm even more mad at myself now. The TIV at BBY are still decent and could have happily unloaded the PS3 versions with the double credit while I was there yesterday.

Nope but I used a gift card.
Hmm, not sure but they might be able to look it up if you have the GC still.

Does anyone know if these copies of Twisted Metal come with the digital copy of Twisted Metal: Black or was that like a first-print run kind of thing?

Does anyone know if these copies of Twisted Metal come with the digital copy of Twisted Metal: Black or was that like a first-print run kind of thing?
I think it was a first print run only. I know the copy I got packed in with the white DS3 did not come with TM Black.

Just so everyone knows, $19.99 is the new MSRP for all these games. Every Best Buy should have 2 cardboard display stands full of these if not more. $14.99 is still a nice $5 off though.
I do know that I've been waiting for Twisted Metal for quite some time. For the longest time it refused to go below $29.99. $14.99 might be the best "readily available" deal so far on Twisted Metal.

Sly and God of War: Origins have definitely been this low before (maybe even as far back as 2 Christmas's ago). But I thought those games were actually getting sort of hard to find at one point? (GoW: Origins replaced by the full GoW collection). If there's a new display it's probably a reprint of all of these.

I do know that I've been waiting for Twisted Metal for quite some time. For the longest time it refused to go below $29.99. $14.99 might be the best "readily available" deal so far on Twisted Metal.

Sly and God of War: Origins have definitely been this low before (maybe even as far back as 2 Christmas's ago). But I thought those games were actually getting sort of hard to find at one point? (GoW: Origins replaced by the full GoW collection). If there's a new display it's probably a reprint of all of these.
That was the Sly collection (Sly Cooper 1-3), this is Sly Cooper 4, which only came out back in February or so at a MSRP of $40, and $20 is the new MSRP.

Sly Cooper just came out in February and that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I agree, don't bother with the KZ3. Look for the Trilogy instead. They should have just made the trilogy apart of this.

my best buy has zero copys of these games lol how can you start a sale like this and not have any copy in store  fuck it's just strange how fast cooper price has droped but to be honest i did not think it was a great sly game. 

my best buy has zero copys of these games lol how can you start a sale like this and not have any copy in store fuck it's just strange how fast cooper price has droped but to be honest i did not think it was a great sly game.
That's my single biggest issue with Best Buy (Frys.com is notorious for this as well).

They have a sale, and then INSTANTLY the item is not available. I could not get PS3 version of RE6 because of this. I'm debating whether to get the 360 version.

This was a chronic problem with the @GAMER coupons, and a big reason why I never even bothered signing up. Now that program seems to be going away. I wonder why. They seemed to want to use that process to clear out the last stock of certain games, but having printed coupons for limited stock items is about the dumbest thing ever

/rant

Sly is cross buy, if you are fast enough to resell on eBay you should be able to score a free vita version. I did it last time when Amazon had the $10 off. Their brand new BIN sits at $23.xx, so you should be able to sell at $20.

They have a sale, and then INSTANTLY the item is not available. I could not get PS3 version of RE6 because of this. I'm debating whether to get the 360 version. /rant
Best Buy has used Resident Evil 6 (PS3) for $8 this week, still showing available for shipping right now.

They also have the used versions of all these on-sale games for $13 this week, although some of them have online passes (Battle Royale, Twisted Metal, LBP Karting), DLC voucher (GT5 XL), or Vita cross-buy (Battle Royale, Sly 4) that you most likely won't get with used.

I had a bunch of these added in my cart but then realized that with MSRP drop to $20 and PS4/Black Friday incoming, I should just wait for $10 price point.

son of a ...I bought All Stars for $20 thinking it was  a sale and not a price drop.  Damnit!  BB doesnt have 30 day price adjustment for non-Silver anymore right?

Sly is cross buy, if you are fast enough to resell on eBay you should be able to score a free vita version. I did it last time when Amazon had the $10 off. Their brand new BIN sits at $23.xx, so you should be able to sell at $20.
good idea for alot of people that would work for someone that owns vita

Assuming that Sly 4 works the same way as PSABR, you insert the game and go to disc benefit (located above the game disc) and click on it. Then it will take you somewhere to claim your Vita version of the game which will be locked onto your account. Once that is done you can just sell Sly 4. You won't be needing the disc ever again if you plan on playing the Vita version.

Edit: Damn... 1 minute too slow.. if only I didn't write a long description.

Also, is $15 for Ico & Shadow a good deal? I hear the game hasn't aged well.
It's aged even better because the HD version of Shadow of the Colossus offers rock solid 30 FPS whereas the original wavered between 15 and 20 FPS during action scenes. The FPS boost is reason to enough to pick it up IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GLmE7ZBPE

Got a couple of Reward certs so I'll pick up Sly 4.

Best Buy has used Resident Evil 6 (PS3) for $8 this week, still showing available for shipping right now.

They also have the used versions of all these on-sale games for $13 this week, although some of them have online passes (Battle Royale, Twisted Metal, LBP Karting), DLC voucher (GT5 XL), or Vita cross-buy (Battle Royale, Sly 4) that you most likely won't get with used.

I had a bunch of these added in my cart but then realized that with MSRP drop to $20 and PS4/Black Friday incoming, I should just wait for $10 price point.
Same thing, I was just about to buy ICO/Shadow and then I noticed it said 19.99 was MSRP and decided to not buy it. I've eliminated most of my physical games in my backlog by playing them or (for the most part) deciding I'll just never play those games and sold them brand new before the prices all plummet to $1 PS2 type prices. That leave a ton of games in my backlog so I'm in no hurry to buy these games even though I heard they're good and have never played them. I'll hold for $10.

This price on Killzone 3 is laughable especially since the Trilogy was like $20 last fall at Gamestop. Really BB, should have that on sale here. I think Sly is the best deal here as the rest have been around these prices or cheaper before.
why dont you start naming all the games with "laughable" prices?

It's aged even better because the HD version of Shadow of the Colossus offers rock solid 30 FPS whereas the original wavered between 15 and 20 FPS during action scenes. The FPS boost is reason to enough to pick it up IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GLmE7ZBPE

Got a couple of Reward certs so I'll pick up Sly 4.
a lot of people actually think the low framerates added to the "charm" of the game and is a gamebreaker.

Am I better off getting and playing through the Sly trilogy before Sly 4?  I wish those trilogy/collections would drop from $20 every once in a while.  I've been wanting to pick up the Jak and Daxter collection along with the Sly Collection.  I never had a PS2.

my best buy has zero copys of these games lol how can you start a sale like this and not have any copy in store fuck it's just strange how fast cooper price has droped but to be honest i did not think it was a great sly game.
I cringed when I read this. Remember, this game was released with a $40 price tag.

Coming from someone who enjoyed the originals, Sly 4 is AMAZING. You would never know that someone other than Sucker Punch made this game; it is every bit as good as the originals, if not better. If you're looking for a revamp of the series then you might want to steer clear, but if you loved Sly and simply want more then this game is for you.

Sly fans... if you haven't already bought this game, you need to NOW. They did an amazing job and I would love to see them get the opportunity to make another Sly game in the future. This game is criminally overlooked.

Am I better off getting and playing through the Sly trilogy before Sly 4? I wish those trilogy/collections would drop from $20 every once in a while. I've been wanting to pick up the Jak and Daxter collection along with the Sly Collection. I never had a PS2.
There's a bit of history between the characters that connects the story lines. Personally I would play them in order. The collection has been on sale a handful of times. I was able to pick mine up from BBY for $12 last holiday season I believe, and I've seen it on sale at both Amazon and Walmart for around $10-15.

Being extremely cheap myself, I understand where you're coming from... but if you enjoy family-friendly platformers I don't think you'd be disappointed if you spent $20. I know I still would have been happy even if I paid twice as much.

Come on Amazon hurry up and match Sly 4.  :whee: 

Hoping to work an order with RE6 and a random blu-ray. 

Best Buy is all sold out of RE6, and I already burned all my rewardzone points on Twisted Metal. 

How is best buy for used games as far as the condition you usually get when ordering online? I've never tried them before.

I would prefer the PS3 version slightly if I could get it for $9.99, but for only $2 savings I would lean towards new even if it meant getting the 360 version. I rarely buy used games, I've done it through Gamefly a few times with hit or miss results (mostly good), but I was also going for alot more than $2 savings.

How is best buy for used games as far as the condition you usually get when ordering online? I've never tried them before.

I would prefer the PS3 version slightly if I could get it for $9.99, but for only $2 savings I would lean towards new even if it meant getting the 360 version. I rarely buy used games, I've done it through Gamefly a few times with hit or miss results (mostly good), but I was also going for alot more than $2 savings.
Large sample size (100+, mostly PS3 and some 360), my experience: the discs are almost always pristine due to their excellent resurfacing machines, the cases are are 80% new and clean, 19% normal wear and tear, 1% generic black DVD case (contrast with universally grimy and scuffed up Gamestop cases).

Box art and manual are entirely luck dependent. Around 90% for box art, 80% for manual for me overall, although I have had bad runs where everything was disc only. I'm a stickler for having the box art, don't care about the manual, but for only $7.xx with GCU, I was willing to take the shot this week. At that price it should be easy to dump to Gamestop for breakeven after 50% promo if it happens to be disc only. More than likely you'll have to do that anyway if you end up hating the game.

Picked up Sly 4, PlayStation All Stars and ICO/Shadow... Total came out too 48.76. Good deal IMO

KZ3 is $5 on clearance kmart
Use TRU b1g1 50% off for the same deals
Use the $10 off msrp coupons at bb to get the $10 bf prices anytime
And you guys are so late on ico/sotc these were $15-$20 via @gamer coupons maybe even 2 yrs ago with the same tivs

thanks OP!  I bought All Stars 3 weeks ago so was able to buy a copy today and return it with my old receipt.  Worked well since I had to  go to BB to trade in a Tomb Raider and return the All Stars Vita version I had accidentally ordered anyway.

bread's done
Back