Sept 2010 @Gamer Magazine Coupons ($130 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
My store got the new @Gamer magazines in today with some pretty good coupons. All coupons are good from 8/29 - 10/2.

:360: $15 off Splinter Cell Conviction
:360::ps3: $20 off Red Dead Redemption
:ds: $15 off Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
:psp: $20 off Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
:360::ps3: $15 off Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
:360::ps3: $20 off Final Fantasy XIII
:wii: $15 off Metroid: Other M
:360::ps3: $10 off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In order to use these, you have to purchase the book @ $5.99, and be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member (free). All coupons should be working correctly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
These coupons are decent at best, and thats IF you can stack them on a sale price...

But how about NO ONE buy or subscribe to this magazine and that may extend the life of our online gamers club coupons at least for a little while if not for good. I know if I had to choose between the two I'd say burn the magazine!

[quote name='nddave']Your complaining about free coupons (Hilarious). The coupons come FREE in the mag. The mag costs 5.99. I understand im stating the obvious[/QUOTE]

The mag is a piece of shit. So you are paying for a piece of shit...I understand I'm stating the obvious. Hilarious.

[quote name='genfuyung']The mag is a piece of shit. So you are paying for a piece of shit...I understand I'm stating the obvious. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

The quality of the mag is inconsequential. You pay 6 bucks, save 20 - you're up 14. It's worth it in my opinion.

I'll wait and grab the magazine if any of these games happen to go on sale on a given week. As they are there have been better deals on all of the games with coupons through other avenues if you really wanted it. If they drop a game by $10-20 on sale and then have a coupon for another $15-20 then it's worth picking up the magazine. As I've said before, I think I might end up getting the magazine 2 or 3 times, which I understand that might pay for the subscription, but I'm not convinced that these big coupons the first two issues will be ongoing or if they are the sucker bet to get you hooked early.

[quote name='genfuyung']The mag is a piece of shit. So you are paying for a piece of shit...I understand I'm stating the obvious. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate on why it is a POS rather than just mummbled garbage spew. Whatever.... Did you even get the first issue?

Please let there be a deal on Red Dead during the coupon. Would make up for missing out the $24 deal due to Gamestops pathetic website not being able to cope. Splinter cell for $25 is extremely tempting as well but I have got a BIG backlog and I am sure it will be less than $20 by black friday.

[quote name='bojay1997']that was probably the worst assembled and written magazine I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Worst. Episode. Ever.

lol wut?

The point of buying the magazine isn't the content. The point is to utilize the coupons to get a good deal on the game(s). If the math works out, it's a good deal. If not, don't buy it. No need for nerd rage about the content.

what's so hard about this: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MAGAZINE, DON'T BUY IT!!!

I realize this may be way over your heads... :roll:

Is Best Buy forcing you to subscribe?

The magazine is better than the Official Xbox Magazine - now that's a piece of crap.

(1) Game Informer
(2) EGM
(3) Official Playstation Magazine
(4) @Gamer
(5) Official Xbox Magazine

I haven't read a Gamepro in years, so I can't comment. But I never liked them.

P.S. - You people sound like a bunch of whiney babies

Dragon Quest IX seems like a deal to me, hopefully it will hit $30 this month.

There were some problems initially with the last set of coupons, and sale pricing - ex. Prince of Persia. Coupon did not work correctly initially, and then got fixed. So it seems BB intends the coupons to work in conjunction with sale prices.

I might get some flak for suggesting this, but I will anyways. The magazines are lying around the store. The coupon tears out pretty easily. Do with that what you will.

-

Didn't they just have a $20 off FFXIII coupon not too long ago?

If I could use my $5 RZ certificate to take the price of the magazine down to $.99 and one of the games the coupons give a discount on drops in price to near what the coupon takes off I might bite.

I subscribed just for the coupons. I just think of it as a $20 one year member membership for gaming discounts. The content is 'Ehh' but I have the internet if I want to read games I actually care about

I honestly don't understand what's up with all the bitching. It's not that much different then the ECA coupons we had to pay $20 a year for (Except the ECA was better,but still similar)

Thanks for the post. I'm in for Dragon Quest.

[quote name='Vap']I honestly don't understand what's up with all the bitching.[/QUOTE]

Gamers will bitch about everything.

EVERYTHING.

If you are in possession of one of these coupons, can you use it without being a member? I only ask because a friend of mine has them, but doesn't want to use the SC: Conviction coupon - which at $25, I would finally be willing to bite.

[quote name='emidas']If you are in possession of one of these coupons, can you use it without being a member? I only ask because a friend of mine has them, but doesn't want to use the SC: Conviction coupon - which at $25, I would finally be willing to bite.[/QUOTE]

I think you can, but Reward Zone is free anyways. So you can join, then start earning points for yourself.

i am not impressed with these coupons. if i want to buy a brand new game, the kmart deals are just as good and you dont have to pay 6 bucks to save some money.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Gamer's Club is just something you tack onto your Rewards membership. You can do it online.[/QUOTE]

Nowadays you have to spend $250 at Best Buy to get a $5 Reward Zone Certificate. But if you're in the Gamer's Club you also get a $5 RZC for every $150 you spend on games and accessories.

[EDIT] You actually get a $10 RZC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Curufinwe']Sign up as soon as possible.

Nowadays you have to spend $250 at Best Buy to get a $5 Reward Zone Certificate. But if you're in the Gamer's Club you also get a $5 RZC for every $150 you spend on games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty sweet deal. I never joined the RZ before because of the amount needed to gain any benefit. I'm a noob and didn't realize there was a Gamer's Club.

I signed up for Reward Zone in 2004 when they charged you $10 for the privilege.

But I think back then you only had to spend $125 or $150 at Best Buy to earn a $5 RZC, so it was still a good deal.

I'd like to remind people that the coupons did NOT work on sale items for a couple days after the coupons were active. Granted the coupons eventually did work, but that tells me that BB had to manually change it in their system first. Before anyone goes out of their way to get a copy, I'd wait for reports that the coupons work.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Sign up as soon as possible.

Nowadays you have to spend $250 at Best Buy to get a $5 Reward Zone Certificate. But if you're in the Gamer's Club you also get a $5 RZC for every $150 you spend on games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

You get 10.00 for every 150.00 you spend on games and accessories.

There's been alot of deals for DQ9 so $27.XX doesn't seem worth it, same with some of the other games, tax + the cost of the mag digs a bit too much into the actual discount IMO. The 1 year subscription might be a bit of a gamble too... maybe they've spoke to the contrary but I wouldn't be surprised if the coupons were just a start-up incentive, I really don't think I would want the magazine just for the writing, it's very... sterile.

Is there any confirmation either way yet that the gift card deal ($25 for 2 $39.99 games) stacks with these coupons?

If they don't stack, the only coupon worth a damn is the Other M, which isn't worth it with the $6 tag for the magazine.

[quote name='daminion']
I can't wait to watch the chaos when a title goes on sale during the coupon window and BestBuy refuses to honor the coupon on the Sale price -- a coupon that you paid for.
[/QUOTE]

sorry if this has already been addressed but does anyone know if you can use these coupons on weekly sale prices? i dont mean stacking onto another coupon such as the usual 10% RZ ones, but let's say MW2 goes on sale next week for $49.99, can i apply the $10 coupon and drop it it $39. if so then i think it might be worth picking up a copy of the mag and holding onto it. thanks.

[quote name='converse']I'll wait and grab the magazine if any of these games happen to go on sale on a given week. As they are there have been better deals on all of the games with coupons through other avenues if you really wanted it. If they drop a game by $10-20 on sale and then have a coupon for another $15-20 then it's worth picking up the magazine. As I've said before, I think I might end up getting the magazine 2 or 3 times, which I understand that might pay for the subscription, but I'm not convinced that these big coupons the first two issues will be ongoing or if they are the sucker bet to get you hooked early.[/QUOTE]

Issue 3 will have over $100 in coupons too!

It says in a few places in issue 1 that every issue is guaranteed to have at least $20 in coupons. I have a feeling they'll start dropping them as time goes on, depending on how subscription rates go. (if a ton subscribe, they'll drop, but if not they may keep them high just to try to entice people)

[quote name='Justin42']It says in a few places in issue 1 that every issue is guaranteed to have at least $20 in coupons. I have a feeling they'll start dropping them as time goes on, depending on how subscription rates go. (if a ton subscribe, they'll drop, but if not they may keep them high just to try to entice people)[/QUOTE]

the plan is to get 8 coupons per issue and get them to be as high as possible regardless of subscriber counts

[quote name='Jodou']I'd like to remind people that the coupons did NOT work on sale items for a couple days after the coupons were active. Granted the coupons eventually did work, but that tells me that BB had to manually change it in their system first. Before anyone goes out of their way to get a copy, I'd wait for reports that the coupons work.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good point, thanks for reminding us with the public service announcement.

Can you use these online? If so, using the SC: Conviction coupon in conjunction with its 19.99 sales price would be godly.

[quote name='emidas']Can you use these online? If so, using the SC: Conviction coupon in conjunction with its 19.99 sales price would be godly.[/QUOTE]

I Don't believe the coupons work online. However, BB should PM its own website. The problem would be to then to have a manager approve the PM w/the coupon. My guess, you get the "its on sale" bit. But you never know, and its certainly worth a shot.

With the first round of these coupons, they didn't work when the game went on sale. Later tho, it got fixed to work. So cross your fingers, maybe SC in store for $5? Definitely worth a pickup at that price!

-

[quote name='emidas']Can you use these online? If so, using the SC: Conviction coupon in conjunction with its 19.99 sales price would be godly.[/QUOTE]

Why would it not be on sale in store if its online?

While I understand BB's reasoning for making more money selling the magazines to get the coupons, what's to stop someone from just ripping the coupons out of the magazines there in the store w/ out having to spend $6? Aside from LP that is.

bread's done
Back