Sept 2010 @Gamer Magazine Coupons ($130 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
My store got the new @Gamer magazines in today with some pretty good coupons. All coupons are good from 8/29 - 10/2.

:360: $15 off Splinter Cell Conviction
:360::ps3: $20 off Red Dead Redemption
:ds: $15 off Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
:psp: $20 off Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
:360::ps3: $15 off Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
:360::ps3: $20 off Final Fantasy XIII
:wii: $15 off Metroid: Other M
:360::ps3: $10 off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In order to use these, you have to purchase the book @ $5.99, and be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member (free). All coupons should be working correctly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maniac Mansion']While I understand BB's reasoning for making more money selling the magazines to get the coupons, what's to stop someone from just ripping the coupons out of the magazines there in the store w/ out having to spend $6? Aside from LP that is.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what LP means but what is to stop someone from ripping open a PC game box and taking the DVD inside?

Or, going to the book aisle and ripping out an article you like?

It is stealing, pure and simple. If you have no problem with doing that, by all means, go ahead.

[quote name='Zimmy']Not sure what LP means but what is to stop someone from ripping open a PC game box and taking the DVD inside?

It is stealing, pure and simple. If you have no problem with doing that, by all means, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I understand your point but absolutely no one is going to be "ripping out an article you like" from this mag in the past, present, near or far future.

[quote name='Zimmy']Not sure what LP means but what is to stop someone from ripping open a PC game box and taking the DVD inside?

It is stealing, pure and simple. If you have no problem with doing that, by all means, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

LP is Loss Prevention, i.e. the people who stop you from stealing.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']The people who got free games from BB better not be the same people complaining about them charging for this mag because it's your fault.[/QUOTE]
Lol, why? It's not our fault BB can't handle their own promotions competently. Hell, they didn't even have the magazine coupons working right the first couple of days.[quote name='ballbarfer']yeah that would be nice![/QUOTE]Oh, it's you. . .

[quote name='emidas']Can you use these online? If so, using the SC: Conviction coupon in conjunction with its 19.99 sales price would be godly.[/QUOTE]

Per back of the coupon "Not valid on sale prices and any other coupons or offers"

And they do price match their website

[quote name='v1510n']Per back of the coupon "Not valid on sale prices and any other coupons or offers" [/QUOTE]

Even though it states on the coupon not valid on sale items doesn't mean it doesn't work. The last edition of @Gamer coupons had Skate 3 and Prince of Persia coupons in it and they both worked on the game when it was on sale.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, why? It's not our fault BB can't handle their own promotions competently. Hell, they didn't even have the magazine coupons working right the first couple of days.Oh, it's you. . .[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter whose fault it is because the end result is the same. You can say it's Best Buy's fault till you're blue in the face but if people didn't take advantage of Best Buy's "mistakes" then they wouldn't be charging for coupons.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It doesn't matter whose fault it is because the end result is the same. You can say it's Best Buy's fault till you're blue in the face but if people didn't take advantage of Best Buy's "mistakes" then they wouldn't be charging for coupons.[/QUOTE]
Sure they would. The magazine is just another revenue stream for them and has probably been in the pipeline for a while. We still had some coupons for the RZGC on the website earlier in the month, so they're trying both methods to see which one produces more sales for the chain.

If they see the magazine taking off in single sales or subscriptions though, THEN I imagine the RZGC coupons will completely and totally dry up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sure they would. The magazine is just another revenue stream for them and has probably been in the pipeline for a while. We still had some coupons for the RZGC on the website earlier in the month, so they're trying both methods to see which one produces more sales for the chain.

If they see the magazine taking off in single sales or subscriptions though, THEN I imagine the RZGC coupons will completely and totally dry up.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is why nobody should be subscribing or buying this magazine.

All the people bitching in this thread should be forced to pay full MSRP for all games at all stores as karmic punishment for being so pathetic

[quote name='bleak']All the people bitching in this thread should be forced to pay full MSRP for all games at all stores as karmic punishment for being so pathetic[/QUOTE]

Hey look! It's the Karma Police! :twoguns:

:roll:

[quote name='confoosious'][/QUOTE]

Dang, mods have been utilizing the banhammer quite a bit recently. First Estebon, then Fire_Thief, and now confoosious? I must be missing all the CAG drama. :roll:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Dang, mods have been utilizing the banhammer quite a bit recently. First Estebon, then Fire_Thief, and now confoosious? I must be missing all the CAG drama. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I bet a lot of stuff gets deleted before I get to it in the morning. Sucks because it's great reading material to go with coffee.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It doesn't matter whose fault it is because the end result is the same. You can say it's Best Buy's fault till you're blue in the face but if people didn't take advantage of Best Buy's "mistakes" then they wouldn't be charging for coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I mean, without GameStop cheating them out of trade in dollars, they would have NEVER thought of doing used games. I mean, it's not like they're a huge comapny watching trends and looking for ways to maximize profits. And it's not like they have accountants working for them that can see that the margin on used game sales are huge. It's not like that at all. :roll:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yeah. I mean, without GameStop cheating them out of trade in dollars, they would have NEVER thought of doing used games. I mean, it's not like they're a huge comapny watching trends and looking for ways to maximize profits. And it's not like they have accountants working for them that can see that the margin on used game sales are huge. It's not like that at all. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Of course not! Their goal isn't to make as much profit per share. Their goal is to get back at those guys at CAG who happened to use a few coupons without buying something at full price when using them!

[quote name='bleak']All the people bitching in this thread should be forced to pay full MSRP for all games at all stores as karmic punishment for being so pathetic[/QUOTE]
I did that for years, then I found CAG about five years ago and if I've paid MSRP for maybe 6 games in those five years it's a miracle.

Most of those MSRP games were paid in full for by games I got cheap or free thanks to closely following CAG and exploiting the hell out of trade promos to make WAY more than I paid in most cases.

So in effect I didn't really pay MSRP in my eyes, even if it says I paid it on the receipt.;)

Being a CAG means you have to become a smart gamer and exploit every possibility to continue enjoying your chosen hobby with the least amount of money put out to do so.

You should be forced to pay twice MSRP, plus a 25% douche tax. Go play in your room, grown-ups are talking.

[quote name='its delicious']You should be forced to pay twice MSRP, plus a 25% douche tax. Go play in your room, grown-ups are talking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Hey look! It's the Karma Police! :twoguns:

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Here's the real trolls on this site....enuf said of this can we please get back on topic which is...we all know this mag sux but if we can get some good deals off it then we all win!

[quote name='MikePWV']Even though it states on the coupon not valid on sale items doesn't mean it doesn't work. The last edition of @Gamer coupons had Skate 3 and Prince of Persia coupons in it and they both worked on the game when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

Well, being someone who works at best buy I can tell you its not supposed to work that way, but you always occasionally get the retard cashiers and or people that don't care. I guess all I'm saying is, if you can't get both to work there is a reason why ;)

At Best Buy they have Splinter Cell Conviction for $20. But if you look at their Gamer magazine there is a $15 coupon that can be scanned toward the game. I bought my copy today for $5!!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']And I thought this had already been discussed in another topic.[/QUOTE]

This deal is worthy enough to have it's own thread, me thinks.

I wasn't aware the coupons worked with sale prices since last month each coupon itself stated right there it wouldn't. How or why did the entire company have to go in and manually switch it over to function against the printed stipulation, was that a misprint or what? Seriously, wtf? That makes no sense at all for something that lasts weeks at a time, it sounds like the employee above is stating that they weren't supposed to work in tandem, but Jodou states that shortly after they went live they fixed the system so that they did (meaning that corporate are the ones who allowed the stacking, not retard cashiers). I don't get it, was it a YMMV or complete overhaul? This precedent could be a deciding factor for those on the fence about an annual subscription, will these work with sales for 12 months or not?

Anyways, this is a pleasant surprise (the dollar amount of the coupons, because it stated at least $20 worth per issue total and this is far above that), but I'm not sure of the point of arguing about the mag's quality if it's no different than paying for ECA "to support the association and their selfless endeavors" when 98% of folks were paying for an Amazon discount membership in reality.

The mag is fluff or a decent read, you can decide, but if you were subscribing to a single sheet of paper with the coupons, the point of this thread would remain the same. As far as if this is a good deal or not, the quality of the mag should be inconsequential, but still up for debate as a separate point, I suppose. I found them to be too lenient and unreliable as a result, but I wasn't ready to start a petition, hate club or a magazine-bonfire over it.

Subscription, it'll cost you like $6 or something to buy the single issue. If you buy one might as well subscribe for the full year ($20). I'm thinking I'm gonna bite on the subscription now.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Sorry for asking a dumb question, but is this like a subscription Magazine or something? Or can you just grab one in store or something

[quote name='Donut2922']Never tried, but I'd imagine YMMV since it's supposed to be an incentive to purchase the actual magazine and it would be dependent on a clueless BB employee at the register.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess ill try that first ^_^. If it doesnt work ill just subscribe

Where do you buy it from in-store (the mag)? Customer service? My local BB's gaming section isn't that big, and when I went in yesterday didn't see any such magazines.

[quote name='its delicious']You should be forced to pay twice MSRP, plus a 25% douche tax. Go play in your room, grown-ups are talking.[/QUOTE]

touché

yeah I dont think coupons work on sale items. Had this issue multiple times with the reward zone coupons. Some people seem to get them to work somehow.

this has got to be ymmv. the coupons in the last issue worked on the retail price and not the sale price, unless they updated that or overrid it at the counter

As deejay stated, the coupons did stack with sale prices. Initially they didn't work correctly, but it was fixed in the system a day or two later and worked without any kind of override.

bread's done
Back