SF4 CE 360 - in Stock at Amazon (PS3 version sold out)

[quote name='jacknicklson']doodofdoods was probably trying to check how many they had and the 360 version has the HD movie on a 360 game disc so it will only play in an Xbox[/quote]

Yea that's what I did. I ordered 1 and it still allowed me to add 3 to my cart, so that number just meant Amazon didn't want people ordering 50 of them in one order.

Good to know about the Xbox CE, I was torn between the two but sided with the PS3 version mostly for the Ryu figure.

These collectors/limited editions are rarely ever limited..the only time I see them being limited is when they release the numbers of how many are being made/sold...Last one I can think of was the Mana Khemia Scholarship Edition which was limited to 1,000...IMO I'll be able to find this in 6months in gs used (the real question is whether or not they accept it without all the extra stuff) or popping up randomly at different sites periodically...

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']These collectors/limited editions are rarely ever limited..the only time I see them being limited is when they release the numbers of how many are being made/sold...Last one I can think of was the Mana Khemia Scholarship Edition which was limited to 1,000...IMO I'll be able to find this in 6months in gs used (the real question is whether or not they accept it without all the extra stuff) or popping up randomly at different sites periodically...[/QUOTE]

You don't get anything extra for turning in the LE content at GS, thus most people keep it.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']These collectors/limited editions are rarely ever limited..the only time I see them being limited is when they release the numbers of how many are being made/sold...Last one I can think of was the Mana Khemia Scholarship Edition which was limited to 1,000...IMO I'll be able to find this in 6months in gs used (the real question is whether or not they accept it without all the extra stuff) or popping up randomly at different sites periodically...[/quote]

They'll accept it without the extra stuff. They'll accept it disc only.

They won't have a separate SKU for the Collector's Edition unless the disc itself is different (has more content on the game disc). And this one does not.

[quote name='leesiulung']You don't get anything extra for turning in the LE content at GS, thus most people keep it.[/quote]

Thanks for the response also GuardianE

ahh,thats for the info...that sucks,but hopefully capcom will pull a halo3 Leg. Ed.and make so many that the market will be flooded for years,or at least pull an atlus and re-release it (like atlus did with all the hard to find games like Disgaea,Nocturne,DDS,etc.)

Either way I'll either wait till I can get the PS3 CE for alot cheaper that it is now,or not get SF4 at all...No plans on playing it online which is the bulk of the game,so I don't feel I'll be missing too much if I dont get it.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']These collectors/limited editions are rarely ever limited..the only time I see them being limited is when they release the numbers of how many are being made/sold...Last one I can think of was the Mana Khemia Scholarship Edition which was limited to 1,000...IMO I'll be able to find this in 6months in gs used (the real question is whether or not they accept it without all the extra stuff) or popping up randomly at different sites periodically...[/QUOTE]

Good luck trying to get a Bioshock or Tales of Vesperia LE

[quote name='62t']Good luck trying to get a Bioshock or Tales of Vesperia LE[/quote]

If I recall corretly both of those were through Gamestop only...Bioshock being pre-order through gamestop only and Tales being pre-order at gamestop online only....SF4 CE is/was available at every major B & M and all video game e-retailers....See a difference??

[quote name='62t']Good luck trying to get a Bioshock or Tales of Vesperia LE[/quote]

Tales of Vesperia is going for around $80 on ebay. Bioshock still fetches over $100 if you have the toy with it.

Tales LE was available everywhere as well. I bought it at Amazon.

and the PS3 version of SF4 CE is showing as in stock for me through Amazon right now.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']If I recall corretly both of those were through Gamestop only...Bioshock being pre-order through gamestop only and Tales being pre-order at gamestop online only....SF4 CE is/was available at every major B & M and all video game e-retailers....See a difference??[/quote]Tales was also available through Amazon.

Fair enough,but I'll take my chances and hope for the best...There are so many sites/stores this can end up popping up at that I honestly think it'll be closer to how MGS4 LE ending up selling than bioshock/Tales...well at least I hope so...

[quote name='scsg75']and the PS3 version of SF4 CE is showing as in stock for me through Amazon right now.[/quote]

Not anymore.

Funny since I was looking at both this morning and only other sellers had them for a lot more. I got a kick noticing the price for the 360 CE dropped back to retail from other sellers.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Fair enough,but I'll take my chances and hope for the best...There are so many sites/stores this can end up popping up at that I honestly think it'll be closer to how MGS4 LE ending up selling than bioshock/Tales...well at least I hope so...[/QUOTE]

yeah, the MGS4 LE apparently was a 1/3 of the sales at GameStop for this game....

IS the Sf4 CE even rare? I see them in stores around here, plus I see them on eBay for basically retail (shipped) at times.

[quote name='GuardianE']http://cgi.ebay.com/Street-Fighter-IV-4-Collectors-Edition-PS3-Limited_W0QQitemZ320343882733QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item320343882733&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Not sure where you're seeing them for retail.[/quote]

Stores around here have a few copies.

Plus he didn't make much money on that.

The one collectors will be gunning for is the UK LE (like MGS 4), since it comes with both figurines.

edit: Just looked at Guardian's old auction, last one went for 90 something. With fees thats not even a profit really.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dhuk']Stores around here have a few copies.

Plus he didn't make much money on that.

The one collectors will be gunning for is the UK LE (like MGS 4), since it comes with both figurines.

edit: Just looked at Guardian's old auction, last one went for 90 something. With fees thats not even a profit really.[/quote]

That's not really the point if you look at it from the perspective of the buyer. The buyer still has to pay a premium to get a copy.

So is it true that there are more Xbox CEs than PS3 CEs? I too, didn't find the Xbox CE rare, but can't find the PS3 CE anywhere (well, GSs have them, but reserved and still are :shock: !!! I thought the reservation thing is over after 48 hours, but apparently not).

[quote name='distgfx']Damn they're fast, PS3 version already shipped with FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Mine just says shipping soon and that I can no longer cancel or make changes to my order.

Rats, I missed the PS3 version--maybe they had some cancelations or something. Gratz to those that got in on one.

[quote name='koji126']Mine just says shipping soon and that I can no longer cancel or make changes to my order.[/QUOTE]

Same here, which is annoying since I have prime and it should have shipped out by now...

[quote name='prateeko']Same here, which is annoying since I have prime and it should have shipped out by now...[/quote]

It ships out via UPS for you then, yea? Mine shipped via USPS.

[quote name='Serpentor']So is it true that there are more Xbox CEs than PS3 CEs? I too, didn't find the Xbox CE rare, but can't find the PS3 CE anywhere (well, GSs have them, but reserved and still are :shock: !!! I thought the reservation thing is over after 48 hours, but apparently not).[/QUOTE]

no, I just think more people are buying the PS3 version cause its always ranked ahead of the 360 on Amazon

Damn and I already bought the regular version.

I wish the 360 version at least came with a Ken figurine, then I'd totally get it.

[quote name='Caliburn']I swear. This will be the last game I purchase at retail price for some time.[/quote]

I agree its just too good to pass up and wait for a price drop.

I hope all the hoarders that got in the PS3 CE don't get shit for it. There are certain douchebags at slickdeals bragging about ordering 10 + copies and how they're going to resell them while honest SF fans are once again left in the dust.

[quote name='maximus101']I hope all the hoarders that got in the PS3 CE don't get shit for it. There are certain douchebags at slickdeals bragging about ordering 10 + copies and how they're going to resell them while honest SF fans are once again left in the dust.[/QUOTE]

If you look on ebay, all those horders will be stuck selling at a loss. lol... I have seen them all come down and now range in $95-$110, which means there is no profit after s&h and fees.

I even saw one that went for $66+$4 s&h, I wonder what happened?

[quote name='leesiulung']If you look on ebay, all those horders will be stuck selling at a loss. lol... I have seen them all come down and now range in $95-$110, which means there is no profit after s&h and fees.

I even saw one that went for $66+$4 s&h, I wonder what happened?[/QUOTE]

I hope that's true. I wouldn't doubt some lurkers that come to CAG got in on the hoarding action as well. Capcom, you better not fuck up the RE5 release like you did with SF!

[quote name='maximus101']I hope that's true. I wouldn't doubt some lurkers that come to CAG got in on the hoarding action as well. Capcom, you better not fuck up the RE5 release like you did with SF![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't doubt it and I personally know someone that sort of did that (who am I kidding, he did it and ordered 5) with the recent availability of the game on amazon.com. I don't think he will make money though. For me, most of the time it isn't worth the effort for a measly $10-15 profit.

You would have to sell a lot of these to make it worthwhile....

If you guys really want a PS3 CE, just order it from Gamestop's website.
Sure, there's a $5 shipping fee, but it's available.

[quote name='BackInBlack']damn missed the ps3 CE...[/quote]

I don't understand why so many people missed getting the PS3 CE version. Amazon.com had it for a good 2 months for pre-order along with the $70 / 80 fighting sticks...

Even if Deep discount screw you over, you still had a few days after the release date to order the CE on amazon.com :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand why so many people missed getting the PS3 CE version. Amazon.com had it for a good 2 months for pre-order along with the $70 / 80 fighting sticks...

Even if Deep discount screw you over, you still had a few days after the release date to order the CE on amazon.com :roll:[/quote]

I'm sorry that i changed my mind last week? I picked up the regular 360 version, and also would like to get the PS3 CE to justify having it on PS3 as well, somehow.

bread's done
Back