Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']You bought it without knowing what it was, or about? :lol:

Well congrats, it is worth it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was more of a hack and slash like devil may cry or bayonetta, I was pleasantly surprised it was a third person zombie shooter...

I did my order via the link to best buy mobile and picked up my order the other day with the price auto-adjusting. 9.99 as expected. Thanks to those who put those links up and posted about the great price!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Yo Teddy,

What store did you find Shadow Of The Damned at. I've been looking for this.

Thanks much![/QUOTE]
Ship to store as reiterated by fellow CAG YBX87.

Like I mentioned to ya in the PM... I did see it used for $17.99 (12.99 after the gamer coupon). It is worth it. Did you go pick it up?

I might actually go buy a new copy just to gift to my brother. He would like this kind of game as well.

Those doing ship to store, obviously you pay the $13.99 up front. Then when picking up do you just get the $4 refund automatically or do you have to immediately return/rebuy when picking it up to get the difference? Just not sure the process

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Those doing ship to store, obviously you pay the $13.99 up front. Then when picking up do you just get the $4 refund automatically or do you have to immediately return/rebuy when picking it up to get the difference? Just not sure the process[/QUOTE]

You aren't actually charged until you pick the item up. The system auto adjusts to the $9.99 price as they are processing and closing the order out and there is no need to return/rebuy.

Wow...waited 2 weeks to find out they lost my game. Going to try reordering this once they refund my Paypal payment back.

I like BB's deals, but sometimes their shipping dept. really sucks.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Those doing ship to store, obviously you pay the $13.99 up front. Then when picking up do you just get the $4 refund automatically or do you have to immediately return/rebuy when picking it up to get the difference? Just not sure the process[/QUOTE]
It automatically got adjusted when I picked it up in store.

And when I go to my account to look up transactions at bestbuy.com, it even shows it there. I'm wondering for those that haven't picked it up yet, if the transaction information on the account already show it?

Thanks for the head's up saving $4 by doing ship to store. I was ready to pay $13.99+tax to have it delivered...but i drive by Best Buy on my way home from work every day...so saving $4 for a 5 minute detour is a no-brainer.

No problem dude, if you're referring to me. I am not the only one to confirm the price at pick up. I'm just one of the many that followed after that initial person to report the result.

This game is worth it at $20 even.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']You aren't actually charged until you pick the item up. The system auto adjusts to the $9.99 price as they are processing and closing the order out and there is no need to return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't charged through the website when ordering, why do you need to put in your CC info? Just need to show the same card when they ring you out in the store or something?

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']If you aren't charged through the website when ordering, why do you need to put in your CC info? Just need to show the same card when they ring you out in the store or something?[/QUOTE]

I noticed my card was actually charged as "pending" when I made the order.
Then, when I picked up. It was approved.. and they went ahead refund the difference so that the actual amount was 9.99 plus tax.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']If you aren't charged through the website when ordering, why do you need to put in your CC info? Just need to show the same card when they ring you out in the store or something?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is more like a hold on the method of payment.

And when you pick up they will ask for the card for verification. Harmless really.

Buy with confidence.

Gosh that was corny. Reminds me of eBay.

[quote name='cagfansub']I noticed my card was actually charged as "pending" when I made the order.
Then, when I picked up. It was approved.. and they went ahead refund the difference so that the actual amount was 9.99 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool. Well I can always just return it if it doesn't work out lol. Not that it isn't worth $14 it's just my backlog is huge

Thought I'd pop back up and let you all know I did pick the game up from the store today (used ship to store) and indeed it did only charge me $9.99. Excited to play it as I love Suda 51 games

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Thought I'd pop back up and let you all know I did pick the game up from the store today (used ship to store) and indeed it did only charge me $9.99. Excited to play it as I love Suda 51 games[/QUOTE]
Have fun dude. Great deal.

I'm glad I picked it up for $10... I'm about 5 hours in, and am probably 3/4 the way through on hard already.

I had an audio glitch where I had to quit and restart (PS3), and saw graphic glitches in a level last night. At times the controls are a bit wonky, but for the price its a great deal for the ride.

I still haven't started playing this again after playing it for 3-4 hours the one night when I first got it.:cry: Although it's a bit weird at times, I was enjoying it. I really need to stop playing BF 1943 for long enough to finish this up.

Exactly how to do get this to ship to store? I've been trying for a couple of days now and can't seem to get the option to do so. All I can select is direct In Store pick up, which since is a no go since no stores in the area have it.

Well, I just picked up my :360: Shadow Of The Damned, and likewise it rung up automatically as $10. However, the :360: El Shaddai I ordered with it oddly still rang up at $20. Suppose I might return it if they can't price match the drop from last month...strange that one would and not the other.

Amazing how they seem to keep pulling these games out of their.......off of their shelves, yet they take them off of their site.

bread's done
Back