Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

yeah thats why i asked because people have been reporting success with picking up orders after price drops. I guess i will know tommorrow

Went in to pick up El Shaddai yesterday and while looking for it I saw 1 copy of Shadow left for ps3 tagged at 9.99! I screamed inside in excitement. Strange cause I recall the item inventory showing unavailable for all the best buys near by, including that one.

[quote name='Evt']just ordered shadows of the damned (cant find it any where), online price happened to be 13.99...[/QUOTE]

It still shows $19.99 for me

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']It still shows $19.99 for me[/QUOTE]
well, I don't know what to say...
SotD.jpg

Yeah, I ordered one Ship-to-Store at the $13.99 price knowing that when I pick it up it'll be auto adjusted to $9.99. Not available anywhere around me so this was the next best thing...

Any deals on the 360 version? I hear the ps3 version had pretty rough tearing and some shadow bugs where as the 360 does not (but the 360 doesn't have as good AF). I can't decide which version ugh!

So for everyone asking if you order it online, whether you can get it adjusted in-store when you pick it up:

Since all the stores near me were out of stock, I tried a ship-to-store order 5 days ago, at $19.99, and I picked mine up just now, where it was automatically adjusted to $9.99 on the pickup receipt.

I just picked up a copy today at the Cumberland store in Smyrna Georgia. There is still one left and it is tagged at $9.99. They also had a LOTR Collector's edition for $39.99. and Saint's Row CE for $49.99 if anyone is interested.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks!:D

I checked more YouTube gameplay vids on this! This game looks like a MASTERPIECEEEEE!!!!!!!!:shock:[/QUOTE]
It's a fun if just a tad weird game.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Thanks a lot for the info. Drove on up to that BB, snagged one.[/QUOTE]
Glad I could help!

[quote name='narec']i should know the answer to this soon as i did an instore p.u. online order for 19.99 and my order is now ready. can't go to pu for a couple days though.
my "order will be ready soon" email said

Low price guarantee
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or gift card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.

so it seems like i should get the 9.99 price hopefully w/o having to do the hassle return/rebuy trick.[/QUOTE]

yo just a heads up man picked up my order which was originally 19.99 and the price changed to 9.99 when i picked it up so its a go

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I also ordered one for $13.99 on the PS3.

Hopefully when I go to pick it up it will be $9.99 instead![/QUOTE]

yeah it should but mine was xbox version so not sure about ps3. if it doesnt i guess you can ask them to rescan it to check the price.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']yeah it should but mine was xbox version so not sure about ps3. if it doesnt i guess you can ask them to rescan it to check the price.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Doesn't hurt to try right?

Good to hear your success. I'm so looking forward to this game at this price. Didn't think I'd be able to get it for this price for at least another year.

I'm liking the game but I payed $20 for it like 3 month ago for it... But I think it still worth $20 in my book. but if you can get it for $10 even better...

[quote name='KidSqueek']Any luck around West Covina, CA area?[/QUOTE]

i was at the glendora store about a week ago, i saw a ps3 version (didn't check how many)
i picked up what appeared to be the last 360 version

Got the "almost ready for pick up" email today.

I'm stoked for this game. Sorry to express my joy.

I checked a couple more stores today, and of course no stock.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']yo just a heads up man picked up my order which was originally 19.99 and the price changed to 9.99 when i picked it up so its a go[/QUOTE]

great, thanks for the update.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']yo just a heads up man picked up my order which was originally 19.99 and the price changed to 9.99 when i picked it up so its a go[/QUOTE]

same here. had a PS3 copy waiting for store pickup and finally got to BB on saturday. just told her i saw it for $9.99 and wanted to PM. she said no problem, canceled the online order and rescanned for the $9.99.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']same here. had a PS3 copy waiting for store pickup and finally got to BB on saturday. just told her i saw it for $9.99 and wanted to PM. she said no problem, canceled the online order and rescanned for the $9.99.[/QUOTE]
Nice. If I don't check out with my store pick up for 9.99, then I will ask for the PM.

Good approach.

[quote name='3rdbass']I just picked up a copy today at the Cumberland store in Smyrna Georgia. There is still one left and it is tagged at $9.99. They also had a LOTR Collector's edition for $39.99. and Saint's Row CE for $49.99 if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

If they cut those 2 CE prices in half, I'm all over each of them.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Got the "almost ready for pick up" email today.

I'm stoked for this game. Sorry to express my joy.

I checked a couple more stores today, and of course no stock.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email today! WOOP! I will be sure to make sure it's $9.99 when I go pick it up.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']same here. had a PS3 copy waiting for store pickup and finally got to BB on saturday. just told her i saw it for $9.99 and wanted to PM. she said no problem, canceled the online order and rescanned for the $9.99.[/QUOTE]

hoping i don't have to cancel the instore pu order and rebuy. accumulating my instore pu orders to get the $10 coupon after $50 instore pu online ordering.

[quote name='narec']hoping i don't have to cancel the instore pu order and rebuy. accumulating my instore pu orders to get the $10 coupon after $50 instore pu online ordering.[/QUOTE]

It must be "A" $50 or more purchase. Just making sure you don't think you can buy $10 here, $20 there.

Free $10 Savings Code

Spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, choose store pickup, and get a $10 savings code.

• Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
  • The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
  • Redeem your savings code in store or online.
  • Note: Not all products are available for store pickup. Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
blank.gif

Just got my PS3 copy.. Ordered to store at 19.99 on Sunday.. it auto price-adjusted to 9.99 during pick up and check out.

[quote name='cagfansub']Just got my PS3 copy.. Ordered to store at 19.99 on Sunday.. it auto price-adjusted to 9.99 during pick up and check out.[/QUOTE]
This is some good reoccurring evidence right ChunLiBarbie? :applause:

[quote name='jiggyteddy']This is some good reoccurring evidence right ChunLiBarbie? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Lol! It'll be even better when I get the pick up email AND have the game in my hands...in addition to the $9.99 price!:)

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Can anybody confirm the Xbox version is auto price adjusting down to 9.99 if you do ship to store?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing.

I took the bullet and ordered yesterday. Just received and e-mail stating that it's on the way to the store.
One of the fine prints on the e-mail was this.

Low Price Guarantee
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or gift card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.

Still shows up for ship to store on the PS3 version. Seems it is $13.99 and I'll find out when it arrives if they price adjust it to $9.99.

Just google "best buy sku 2480074"

Confirmed & double confirmed that both Xbox & PS3 versions will ring up $9.99 if you do ship to store. Price auto adjusts on pickup.
So does Jurassic Park on Xbox 360

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Confirmed & double confirmed that both Xbox & PS3 versions will ring up $9.99 if you do ship to store. Price auto adjusts on pickup.
So does Jurassic Park on Xbox 360[/QUOTE]
Great. I'm not so worried anymore.

Here is a question:
I paid with a gift card. Will I get credited back to that GC automatically? Or do they need to swipe it?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Great. I'm not so worried anymore.

Here is a question:
I paid with a gift card. Will I get credited back to that GC automatically? Or do they need to swipe it?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure they would just charge $9.99 to your GC & you will have any balance available on it after you pickup the game

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I am pretty sure they would just charge $9.99 to your GC & you will have any balance available on it after you pickup the game[/QUOTE]

don't you have to pay for the game first before they ship to store?

what about those that paid with paypal? do they refund the difference to your account?

others please free to chime in.

bread's done
Back