Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

[quote name='Zaku77']Does anyone know how to check online if they have the PS3 one in stock? The website only shows used, and I would love to grab a PS3 copy to swap with Volcom.[/QUOTE]
Hope you find one in your area that would be awesome :)

I picked up one for each system.. already had it for PS3 so got it for resale or hooking someone up on here.. There's more for each system here..

And for those of you stating a short game timeand no replay value.. obviously aren't an achievement or trophy person. You have to beat the game on easy medium and hard to get each trophy or ach.. the game is awesome and the hardest level is definitely harder.. I've played it through and gotten every trophy .. picked up the xbox version for my godson today.. have one ps3 version left

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I picked up one for each system.. already had it for PS3 so got it for resale or hooking someone up on here.. There's more for each system here..

And for those of you stating a short game timeand no replay value.. obviously aren't an achievement or trophy person. You have to beat the game on easy medium and hard to get each trophy or ach.. the game is awesome and the hardest level is definitely harder.. I've played it through and gotten every trophy .. picked up the xbox version for my godson today.. have one ps3 version left[/QUOTE]

I love achievements but I won't play a game several times through when nothing is added or carries over.

Got this today, along with NMH and KoA.

btw, for the people wondering about the $7.50 NMH, I got it for $15. I'm not sure how that one person was able to get it for $7.50, but maybe it was just clearanced an extra 50%.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Anyone know if I did a ship to store, than did a return/rebuy it would ring up at the $9.99 price??[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on doing a return/rebuy on a store pickup order when I get there on Saturday. If for some reason I can't, I'll just return it. I'd say give it a go.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I picked up one for each system.. already had it for PS3 so got it for resale or hooking someone up on here.. There's more for each system here..

And for those of you stating a short game timeand no replay value.. obviously aren't an achievement or trophy person. You have to beat the game on easy medium and hard to get each trophy or ach.. the game is awesome and the hardest level is definitely harder.. I've played it through and gotten every trophy .. picked up the xbox version for my godson today.. have one ps3 version left[/QUOTE]

Can you hook me up with i will pay the shipping, i been looking all over the place all i find is the xbox 360 one

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Anyone know if I did a ship to store, than did a return/rebuy it would ring up at the $9.99 price??[/QUOTE]
I'm trying this...will post back and let you know.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']I'm trying this...will post back and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Post back here if it does dude (assuming you were just gonna pm the guy). None of the shops near me have the game... or any of the other ones dropped in price :/

[quote name='Kakdum']Post back here if it does dude (assuming you were just gonna pm the guy). None of the shops near me have the game... or any of the other ones dropped in price :/[/QUOTE]
I slightly misunderstood the other post. I found a store that did have a one in stock, so I did in-store pickup, not site-to-store.

When I got there, I mentioned that it is supposed to ring up at $9.99 in-store. Basically, they had to cancel my in-store pickup order and let me re-buy it at the lower price. (I got a cancellation e-mail confirmation for the "other" order right away.)

They did say it would take seven days for the money from the "original" order to be credited back to me, in case that's an issue for anyone.

I can't say for sure, but I assume site-to-store orders would work the same way.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']I slightly misunderstood the other post. I found a store that did have a one in stock, so I did in-store pickup, not site-to-store.

When I got there, I mentioned that it is supposed to ring up at $9.99 in-store. Basically, they had to cancel my in-store pickup order and let me re-buy it at the lower price. (I got a cancellation e-mail confirmation for the "other" order right away.)

They did say it would take seven days for the money from the "original" order to be credited back to me, in case that's an issue for anyone.

I can't say for sure, but I assume site-to-store orders would work the same way.[/QUOTE]

I have one set up for in-store pickup, but won't be able to get it until Saturday, but good to know you didn't have any issues. Since it's being clearanced out, I don't assume anyone should have issues getting the $9.99 price if they do ship to store and do a return/rebuy in a few days

Some of the games I picked up during Buy 2 Get 1 Deal.
Can I do a price match on the ones from BTGO deal if the price differenced item was the one charged?

[quote name='volcomsd615']Can you hook me up with i will pay the shipping, i been looking all over the place all i find is the xbox 360 one[/QUOTE]
yea man fellow cag i'll do that for shipping and cost of the bubble package which is only a dollar or two ..pm me.. anyone else want one? I'll go back and check stock tomorrow

[quote name='MR_E']
But, ya, here's shadows of the damned: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/b/product/detail.jsp?skuId=2480074[/QUOTE]

i've been to my local store a few times and all they had is preowned but the above search tool said there was some available at the store anyways. so I submitted my order online and I just got an email saying the game is shipping to the store. my online order was for the old $20 price but i'm hoping it will be adjusted to $10 when i p/u.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']I have one set up for in-store pickup, but won't be able to get it until Saturday, but good to know you didn't have any issues. Since it's being clearanced out, I don't assume anyone should have issues getting the $9.99 price if they do ship to store and do a return/rebuy in a few days[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. interesting idea. Since the online price is 19.99, just order it, pay it ahead of time. Then, pick up at store, the return/rebuy, get $10 back.

I knew the store by me had one copy of this for the 360 and it was still there when I stopped by after work. All in all, today I spent $35 at Best Buy and got SotD, NFS The Run, + the new Hellyeah and Tremonti albums. That's a good haul for $35!

My local store is still showing in stock for this game. Luckily I'm headed that way tomorrow so I can snag a copy, since I missed out on the NFS: The Run deal cuz all three local stores showed unavailable.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My local store is still showing in stock for this game. Luckily I'm headed that way tomorrow so I can snag a copy, since I missed out on the NFS: The Run deal cuz all three local stores showed unavailable.[/QUOTE]

DC had three Sunday, two when I left.

[quote name='Romeo']DC had three Sunday, two when I left.[/QUOTE]
I picked up the second to last copy and left behind the last one for whoever wants it. I also noticed Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon(2-3 copies) for $10 and I don't know if it was a lone copy of El Shaddai behind it or not, but there was another $10 clearance title behind that game.

The gaming supervisor verified for me that there IS going to be some sort of gaming clearance starting on the 22nd or so too.:D I really wish we'd get an advance list of some sort.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up the second to last copy and left behind the last one for whoever wants it. I also noticed Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon(2-3 copies) for $10 and I don't know if it was a lone copy of El Shaddai behind it or not, but there was another $10 clearance title behind that game.

The gaming supervisor verified for me that there IS going to be some sort of gaming clearance starting on the 22nd or so too.:D I really wish we'd get an advance list of some sort.[/QUOTE]

Did you go today? I assume you talked to David. I'll verify later if there is a clearance soon and see if so what's going on.

Damn it. Went to the Fordham store in the Bronx, and they had one... USED.

$17.99?!?!?! I almost used my $5 @Gamer coupon on it... but decided not to. Just on principle. I cannot pay more for a used copy when the new one is cheaper. Just can't.

So the hunt continues for this game... I've hit all the Manhattan stores for this, and no dice.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Damn it. Went to the Fordham store in the Bronx, and they had one... USED.

$17.99?!?!?! I almost used my $5 @Gamer coupon on it... but decided not to. Just on principle. I cannot pay more for a used copy when the new one is cheaper. Just can't.

So the hunt continues for this game... I've hit all the Manhattan stores for this, and no dice.[/QUOTE]

Checked all the stores in the Queens area as well as Yonkers, Hartsdale, and Mt. Vernon. No luck at all :whistle2:(

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Checked all the stores in the Queens area as well as Yonkers, Hartsdale, and Mt. Vernon. No luck at all :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Thank you kind sir for that update. I'm assuming you physically went to all those stores to check? I only ask because you cannot trust the online stock data. That is why I actually went to all those locations. Today it was 98 in the Fordham area!

Now I guess all that is left is to check a couple of Brooklyn stores next time I'm out there.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thank you kind sir for that update. I'm assuming you physically went to all those stores to check? I only ask because you cannot trust the online stock data. That is why I actually went to all those locations. Today it was 98 in the Fordham area!

Now I guess all that is left is to check a couple of Brooklyn stores next time I'm out there.[/QUOTE]

The Bay Pkwy store doesn't have any in case you were thinking of heading there.

Found one yesterday at my local BB. It was hidden in one of the shelves filled with games marked $19.99. All these games were sorted in no particular order so it was just pure luck lol. Not sure if they had more but online did say "in stock". This is in Valencia, CA. Thanks OP.

None at either asheville stores today. One did have a lone collectors edition of skyrim for $59.95 though.

[quote name='lRolLlLilN']Found one yesterday at my local BB. It was hidden in one of the shelves filled with games marked $19.99. All these games were sorted in no particular order so it was just pure luck lol. Not sure if they had more but online did say "in stock". This is in Valencia, CA. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I should pay attention to that next time. The first store I went to that said it was available didn't have it in the main game aisle.

[quote name='TheHelix']I should pay attention to that next time. The first store I went to that said it was available didn't have it in the main game aisle.[/QUOTE]
With these kinda sales if it says in stock you should check EVERYWHERE in gaming, including behind other games, since some folks think it's ok to hide shit in different sections.:bomb::roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With these kinda sales if it says in stock you should check EVERYWHERE in gaming, including behind other games, since some folks think it's ok to hide shit in different sections.:bomb::roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah sometimes I forget about that. Maybe I should check the washers too lol :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With these kinda sales if it says in stock you should check EVERYWHERE in gaming, including behind other games, since some folks think it's ok to hide shit in different sections.:bomb::roll:[/QUOTE]
That's what I normally do. Pull out each stack and read the spines of the cases.

I cannot find this on xbox anywhere. I have been traveling this week and been in multiple best buys - everyone has it on ps3 (went ahead and bought one) but I can't believe there isn't a single xbox version to be found.

well, if anybody's having trouble finding a ps3 version and can get it on xbox, i'll be glad to swap with you.

[quote name='boogie4114']The Bay Pkwy store doesn't have any in case you were thinking of heading there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude. That was actually one of the first ones that came to mind in BK.

So this was tagged as a clearance item @ my local BB, picked it up for 360 for $9.99, they did not have it on PS3 though. Also picked up Agarest of War Zero Collectors Edition for $19.99, also tagged as Clearance.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I cannot find this on xbox anywhere. I have been traveling this week and been in multiple best buys - everyone has it on ps3 (went ahead and bought one) but I can't believe there isn't a single xbox version to be found.

well, if anybody's having trouble finding a ps3 version and can get it on xbox, i'll be glad to swap with you.[/QUOTE]

if you are somehow near Racine WI, it still is available for store pickup there

[quote name='xgamer']So this was tagged as a clearance item @ my local BB, picked it up for 360 for $9.99, they did not have it on PS3 though. Also picked up Agarest of War Zero Collectors Edition for $19.99, also tagged as Clearance.[/QUOTE]

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

if you are somehow near Racine WI, it still is available for store pickup there
That would be a little bit over a 1,500 mile drive for me. I really want a copy for xbox, but I'm not sure I want one that badly....

I started playing this game this morning and I said I was only going to play it for an hour or so. I ended up playing for over two hours and having an absolute blast with it.

It's a fun, fun title(if not just a tad weird/freaky). Well worth $10.

Hopefully BB continues the 50% extra promo after this Saturday in the event I haven't finished it yet, so it becomes essentially a $1.20 rental for me.;)

so if i did an order for instore pick up for this game and it shows 19.99 on my order when i pick it up will it be the 9.99 price?

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so if i did an order for instore pick up for this game and it shows 19.99 on my order when i pick it up will it be the 9.99 price?[/QUOTE]

No?

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so if i did an order for instore pick up for this game and it shows 19.99 on my order when i pick it up will it be the 9.99 price?[/QUOTE]

i should know the answer to this soon as i did an instore p.u. online order for 19.99 and my order is now ready. can't go to pu for a couple days though.
my "order will be ready soon" email said

Low price guarantee
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or gift card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.

so it seems like i should get the 9.99 price hopefully w/o having to do the hassle return/rebuy trick.

bread's done
Back