Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

Anyone else deal with motion sickness with this game? I think I am getting old... I also had the same issue with Dead Space 2, but Resident Evil 4 was fine. I give up, lol.

[quote name='pigeon12']Anyone else deal with motion sickness with this game? I think I am getting old... I also had the same issue with Dead Space 2, but Resident Evil 4 was fine. I give up, lol.[/QUOTE]
I wasnt able to find a copy at BBY today so I just ended up renting it from BBV. I actually did get a little motion sickness with it. Glad I ended up renting it and not buying it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wasnt able to find a copy at BBY today so I just ended up renting it from BBV. I actually did get a little motion sickness with it. Glad I ended up renting it and not buying it.[/QUOTE]

About how long does the game last? I skipped on Darkness 2 since it was extremely short.

[quote name='Romeo']About how long does the game last? I skipped on Darkness 2 since it was extremely short.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it's about 6-8 hours for a single playthrough. It may seem like a short game but there's not much filler and you're constantly moving through new areas. If you're an achievement whore you'll have to play through the game multiple times, once on each difficult.

[quote name='Thrinn']IIRC it's about 6-8 hours for a single playthrough. It may seem like a short game but there's not much filler and you're constantly moving through new areas. If you're an achievement whore you'll have to play through the game multiple times, once on each difficult.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Is rental the best option in your opinion?

[quote name='Scandal26']For those in the Fort Lauderdale area, the BB on University just south of I595 has two copies left. I just picked mine up. It's labelled $29.99 but rings up at $9.99.

BTW I had checked the BB by the Sawgrass Mills mall but they didn't have any. Hopefully this saves someone a trip.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info. Drove on up to that BB, snagged one.

[quote name='Romeo']About how long does the game last? I skipped on Darkness 2 since it was extremely short.[/QUOTE]

Rented it last year and it took me about 8 hrs on Normal. However, it is an awesome game. I'd definitely buy it to play again.

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you.

Is rental the best option in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

For most people, yeah. On the other hand I borrowed it from a friend, played through it almost three times, and liked it so much that I still ended up buying a copy. SotD is definitely an example of quality over quantity. The only problem is that you can't skip the numerous cutscenes.

No good at the Hartsdale, NY store. I've had my eye on this for a while and $10 was perfect but come to think of it, I haven't seen this for either platform at any of the nearby Best Buy stores in a while

[quote name='pigeon12']Anyone else deal with motion sickness with this game? I think I am getting old... I also had the same issue with Dead Space 2, but Resident Evil 4 was fine. I give up, lol.[/QUOTE]

Not motion sickness but I kept getting a really bad headache after playing for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. Same thing used to happen when I played GTA San Andreas.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol your link shows me the stock finder for KoA. gimme the one for sotd dammit[/QUOTE]

Didn't work at all for me, screen just goes blank after putting in my zip code.

no motion sickness with sotd, but dead space 2 (in particular the anti gravity) and 1st person shooters in general give me motion sickness. its slightly alleviated by sitting +10 feet away from the screen and avoid playing in the dark.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Not motion sickness but I kept getting a really bad headache after playing for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. Same thing used to happen when I played GTA San Andreas.[/QUOTE]

So out of curiosity... If I remember correctly it didn't get terrible reviews, but it certainly didn't get great reviews either. Why do those that love it think it's such a great game? It's supposed to be sort of like RE4/5 gameplay (better better?) mixed with a very vulgar but funny plot/dialog and tons of perverse gore?

Thanks! That worked... the first link didn't work and the SKU wouldn't work either so I thought they may have taken it off completely since it's on nationwide clearance.

Got one at my local store so looks like I'll be picking this up with KoA tomorrow! Now to decide what I want to trade in. Haven't beaten any of the games I'm playing right now but I think I can already tell there's a few I never will...

Thanks! That worked... the first link didn't work and the SKU wouldn't work either so I thought they may have taken it off completely since it's on nationwide clearance.

Got one at my local store so looks like I'll be picking this up with KoA tomorrow! Now to decide what I want to trade in. Haven't beaten any of the games I'm playing right now but I think I can already tell there's a few I never will...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8329496059&itemId=1579570&pageMode=searchmode

[quote name='georgebot84']Can someone tell me if there is only one default control scheme... i.e. R1 shoot L1 aim[/QUOTE]
Turned it on just to check for you and ended up beating it to answer your question no but what a damn awesome game if they make a 2 I will pay full price for it.

Haven't played this one, I don't remember any problems whatsoever with Dead Space 2 or RE 4.

It's very rare for me. But I've had it happen on a few games. Never with a 3rd person game though, only 1st person. I don't know exactly what triggers it either, must be some combination of bad framerate/blur effects/field of view that triggers it. :whistle2:&

for me it shows as "ship to store" for $19 if I order it and pick it up at the store will they change the price to $9.99?

Was waiting for a 360 copy to get to this price, but screw it I don't care about achievements THAT much. $10 new without having to burn a coupon anywhere is well worth it. Grabbed the last copy at my Best Buy a little while ago.

[quote name='theyell0w']Just picked up a copy from the Howell NJ store. About 2 copies left on a clearance rack near the video game section. Label says $29.99 with a 30% off sticker on the game. Rang up $9.99 with no problem. The Brick NJ store had no copies[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I hope they are still there tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='GUNNM']Turned it on just to check for you and ended up beating it to answer your question no but what a damn awesome game if they make a 2 I will pay full price for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking

just went to the store and they had 2 copies left. took one to the gaming cashier and he said all games are buy 2 get 1 free. so i went back and grabbed another copy for my friend with a copy rayman origin $20. when he ran everything up, the systen didn't take the b2g1 promo. he asked a manager to override. manager said she would just reduce 2 copies od shadow of the damn to $5 a piece. in the end, the receipt didn't have the b2g1 promo with prices for each game. i guess i can go back and return rayman to keep sotd at $5 each. :)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']just went to the store and they had 2 copies left. took one to the gaming cashier and he said all games are buy 2 get 1 free. so i went back and grabbed another copy for my friend with a copy rayman origin $20. when he ran everything up, the systen didn't take the b2g1 promo. he asked a manager to override. manager said she would just reduce 2 copies od shadow of the damn to $5 a piece. in the end, the receipt didn't have the b2g1 promo with prices for each game. i guess i can go back and return rayman to keep sotd at $5 each. :)[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have done that at my store. Both me and the employee had a brain fart (for lack of better term) and forgot it was 29.99 or more for the b2g1.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Jeez, South Florida CAGs coming out the woodwork for this one :D[/QUOTE]

What can I say, we like cheap games and cheap women :D

Thx for the heads up OP!! I sold this a while back for 18.90. The store tracker didn't show it in stock at my local BB, but I went up there anyway. They only had 1 PS3 copy, so I guess that's why it showed up "unavailable". The shelve said $19.99, but rang up for $10. :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So this isnt ymmv? Its $10 mostly everywhere now?[/QUOTE]

Seems like it is on clearance at every Best Buy when rung up. Was labeled 29.99 on shelf, but was 9.99 on register.

Decent game but not for everyone. Definitely worth $10.

I wish the game had a chapter select mode though... the second to the last level was awesome (or was it third to the last)?

My local store had one in RSS though it couldn't be found. A nearby store has a few copies. I'll probably just rent it since it's so short anyway.

great game, just hard to get the puppeteer trophy. other than that, easy plat.
fun fun game. big boner and johnson and tell me this cover wouldn't have sold more copies...

[quote name='Velo214']great game, just hard to get the puppeteer trophy. other than that, easy plat.
fun fun game. big boner and johnson and tell me this cover wouldn't have sold more copies...
[/QUOTE]
^ I'd tap dat.

edit: I picked up a copy as well. Thanks, OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one up earlier at the BB in Hiram, Ga. They had two left.

Played it for about an hour or so earlier... Really funny and solid gameplay, now I want Lollipop Chainsaw even more! :lol:

[quote name='DANIEL']are there anymore in the LBC area?[/QUOTE]

I was only able to find one at the Lakewood BB. Didn't get the check the others.

[quote name='Velo214']
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadboy']^ I'd tap dat.[/QUOTE]

And to think that he found her in a dumpster.:lol: Wish I was that lucky.;)

bread's done
Back