Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

It's a much better cover, but the ESRB would have thrown a fit. :roll:

[quote name='Velo214']great game, just hard to get the puppeteer trophy. other than that, easy plat.
fun fun game. big boner and johnson and tell me this cover wouldn't have sold more copies...
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Velo214']great game, just hard to get the puppeteer trophy. other than that, easy plat.
fun fun game. big boner and johnson and tell me this cover wouldn't have sold more copies...
[/QUOTE]

I have never been so excited over an EA logo before :applause:

Edit: She looks eerily similar to someone I know

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']
Edit: She looks eerily similar to someone I know[/QUOTE] Not to sound rude but pics or GTFO.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Not to sound rude but pics or GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Haha, can't do it since I know her from a professional setting. Never saw her with minimal clothing as in the art cover though... I can wish can't I?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I know this deal is only for the PS3, but is either platform more superior than the other?[/QUOTE]
Digital Foundry recommends the PS3 version.

If you're looking for this for 360, and you don't care about used...and you're not sitting on a mountain of Best Buy credit, with Hastings 30% off you can get it for about the same price, around $11 including delivery.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I know this deal is only for the PS3, but is either platform more superior than the other?[/QUOTE]

You can find a very detailed comparison here.

Here's the conclusion they came to:
As for which version you should go for given the choice: both come recommended, each having its own plus points and minor issues. The additional texture clarity due to the use of better filtering on the PS3, along with improved assets streaming perhaps has more of a noticeable impact than the motion blur or the lighting advantages on 360. Performance however, favours Microsoft's console, although the differences in this respect didn't negatively affect the gameplay at all on PS3. In the final analysis, we find that the two are very close overall, but in the end the PS3 version comes across as being the slightly better of the two by a small margin.

This blows, there are 8 Best Buys within 25 minutes of me and they are all out of stock, assuming the store locator stock checker is accurate.

[quote name='RichterIX']This blows, there are 8 Best Buys within 25 minutes of me and they are all out of stock, assuming the store locator stock checker is accurate.[/QUOTE]
you may want to call/check for yourself. If stock is 3 or less, it'll show up as not available online.

[quote name='Brother Daz']you may want to call/check for yourself. If stock is 3 or less, it'll show up as not available online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check around. A lot of the Best Buys around me just search the website when you call to ask, which obviously doesn't do me any good. Maybe I'll try to have them check by SKU.

None in the western NC stores at all. The waynesville store guy checked. 8(

But they did have Kingdom of Amalur, so I used the magazine coupon to snag that for $10.

[quote name='gorilladust']The XBOX360 version rang up as 9.99 for me this morning. Still had a 59.99 price sticker though.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

:booty:[quote name='gorilladust']The XBOX360 version rang up as 9.99 for me this morning. Still had a 59.99 price sticker though.[/QUOTE]

I hope someone else can confirm this. Thanks though!

Well, none of my local stores have it in stock...however, they have the "ship to store" option, but it's still $19.99. Either way, I've been looking to pick this game up for awhile. If they don't honor the $9.99 price when I pick it up, $20 certainly isn't a bad deal either. Thanks OP.

X360 version rang up $9.99 automatically this morning same as PS3. This was at the Hollywood location La Brea/Santa Monica, consider it confirmed! Go get 'em

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep mine had it marked $9.99 on 360 also. Got it when I got Amalur. Sale tag marked clearance @ $9.99. Receipt shows it priced at $19.99 with $10 "clearance discount."

No ps3 version but saw 360 version in Tustin, CA marked as $15. Not sure if it would have scanned less but wasn't looking to buy it. It's near the front checkout not in gaming area.

Also got a 360 version for $9.99, they didn't have any PS3 versions and it looked like I got the last 360 copy. Tyson's Corner Best Buy in Vienna, VA.

Picked this up last week before I knew about the drop, PM'd it today when I picked up KoA. Essentially got Amalur free. Shadows of the Damned was well worth the $20 I originally paid, but it's a steal at $10

[quote name='Jack_Frost']...I want that japanese box art[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I have never been so excited over an EA logo before :applause:

[/QUOTE]

Who photochopped the US cover? ;)

Nabbed what appeared to be the last 360 copy (none for PS3) of this along with Jurassic Park & Alien Infestation DS all for $9.99 each (and marked as such on the shelf) at Arden location in Sacramento.

Got the last PS3 copy at my local store today. Online inventory said it was only available as 'ship to store' but there was one sitting on the shelf. The shelf divider had the $9.99 clearance price.

Don't know how YMMV this is but No More Heroes for the PS3 is also 7.50 after clearance. Picked up last one at my store but other may have the same deal.

[quote name='k1ngster']Are people finding these on the shelves?[/QUOTE]

Yep. My store has a small clearance section next to the gaming kiosk.

[quote name='tomwaits1']Got the last PS3 copy at my local store today. Online inventory said it was only available as 'ship to store' but there was one sitting on the shelf. The shelf divider had the $9.99 clearance price.[/QUOTE]
alright none at my store.. If I were to pay for "ship to store" would BB price adjust down from 20 to 10? Any1 experience this?

[quote name='k1ngster']alright none at my store.. If I were to pay for "ship to store" would BB price adjust down from 20 to 10? Any1 experience this?[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure that out. I know if the website price drops it will auto adjust when you pick it up. since this is not showing on the website, I am not sure it will auto adjust. (I know what the BB site says, but I am not sure if it will happen in the system).

The other part of the equation is if it would negate a $10 Gc for $50 order if the price changes in store.

I grabbed a PS3 copy a minute ago for $9.99, thanks OP. Locator also said it was unavailable, so check if you're curious. I also grabbed Jurassic Park on 360 $9.99.

[quote name='jubeininja69']went to my ghetto best buy and they didn't have any. so i stopped and got some mcdonalds. so i guess i didn't lose anything.[/QUOTE]
Haha, love the randomness.

was in montebello, ca best buy. no 360 copies. didn't check ps3.

rss showed they had one in glendora and 3 at pasadena. too lazy to drive

bread's done
Back