Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

Back to the topic....

SOTC and SOCOM 3 were both heavily re-stocked at my Best Buy in their original packaging. Had the little white price tag holder pulled, and a blank one in its place. Probably about 10 of each. Had them price checked and $39.99 for both, same with Hot Shots PSP.

Circuit City, same deal, except there was no SOTC.

Gamestop said they didn't know about the GH. Douches.

So, will probably have to wait until Sunday if you want any of those games with the GGC goodness.

[quote name='bstan21']Back to the topic....

SOTC and SOCOM 3 were both heavily re-stocked at my Best Buy in their original packaging. Had the little white price tag holder pulled, and a blank one in its place. Probably about 10 of each. Had them price checked and $39.99 for both, same with Hot Shots PSP.

So, will probably have to wait until Sunday if you want any of those games with the GGC goodness.[/QUOTE]

There's been experience with the 2/$30 GH games, that if you can prove to them that a title qualifies as GH, then you get the deal. YMMV, of course.

That said, you could always point them to this for the PSP games.
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/344

[quote name='bstan21']Back to the topic....

So, will probably have to wait until Sunday if you want any of those games with the GGC goodness.[/quote]

Can you buy the game with original packaging, if you prefer, and price adjust later with receipt?

If SotC had had Link in it, I would have run away faster. Then again, I thought OoT was overrated.

SotC just seemed dull and repetitive. I never got past colossus 2 or 3...

[quote name='RollingSkull']If SotC had had Link in it, I would have run away faster. Then again, I thought OoT was overrated.

SotC just seemed dull and repetitive. I never got past colossus 2 or 3...[/quote]

OoT overrated!?!! I challenge you to a duel!

[quote name='super_nerd']OoT overrated!?!! I challenge you to a duel![/quote]
ooooooooooh, don't we all wish somehow we can duel against fellow CAG members online.

[quote name='super_nerd']OoT overrated!?!! I challenge you to a duel![/quote]

Very well then! HAVE AT THEE! RAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH! LEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYY JEEEEENNNNNNKIIIINNNNNSSS!

Ahem, this griping isn't to say that I begrudge you all for liking SotC or OoT, I can certainly see others liking it. I just don't and wanna make my opinions known for intelligent purchasing decisions to be made.

Is Jak X good? Ratchet Deadlocked?

so just to get this straight....SotC is definitely going to be a greatest hits starting sunday right? and it will be available for purchase at CC or/and BB?

Anyone knows how long the price adjustment is good for? I picked up 2 games with hope for price adjustment last Sunday. Hopefully, by next monday, I can walk in get the difference in amount back...

[quote name='codeninja']Anyone knows how long the price adjustment is good for? I picked up 2 games with hope for price adjustment last Sunday. Hopefully, by next monday, I can walk in get the difference in amount back...[/quote] Depends on the store. BB and CC allow price adjustment with 30 days of purchase. Target is 2 weeks (not 100% sure) unless you buy a new one and return it with the old receipt, then it's 90 days.

[quote name='codeninja']Anyone knows how long the price adjustment is good for? I picked up 2 games with hope for price adjustment last Sunday. Hopefully, by next monday, I can walk in get the difference in amount back...[/quote]

Safe to say at least within 2 wk after purchase, unopened of course. Whatever it says on the receipt, I think it's 30 days unopened.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so just to get this straight....SotC is definitely going to be a greatest hits starting sunday right? and it will be available for purchase at CC or/and BB?[/quote]

I thought it already is GH in CC, I saw the kiosk just past sunday.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I thought it already is GH in CC, I saw the kiosk just past sunday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, with a full price tag at some stores still. Go figure that one out.

I picked up MK: shaolin monks, tekken 5, and battlefront 2 for $19.99 each. I also picked up Deadlocked, SotC, and Sly 3 for $39.99. Since circuit city will price match their own prices within 30 days (including the additional 10% off difference), I should be getting the $19.99 games for $14.49 after the 2 for $30 sale and the $39.99 games for around $12.49. If the games don't go to greatest hits by next week, I still have another 3 weeks until they do. I recommend purchasing the games you want now (especially those that are still not priced at GH prices) since you will get a bigger discount and you won't have to worry about the ugly GH packaging. Hope this helps someone!

[quote name='ShaneAugustine']I picked up MK: shaolin monks, tekken 5, and battlefront 2 for $19.99 each. I also picked up Deadlocked, SotC, and Sly 3 for $39.99. Since circuit city will price match their own prices within 30 days (including the additional 10% off difference), I should be getting the $19.99 games for $14.49 after the 2 for $30 sale and the $39.99 games for around $12.49. If the games don't go to greatest hits by next week, I still have another 3 weeks until they do. I recommend purchasing the games you want now (especially those that are still not priced at GH prices) since you will get a bigger discount and you won't have to worry about the ugly GH packaging. Hope this helps someone![/quote]

I think I'll do that. Not to mention you avoid the risk of getting to the store too late and not finding a copy of whatever game...

Can I buy a $40 game and a $20 game and have them later price adjust it to be 2 for $30 at CC??? I hate it when you go to customer serv. and they give you this confused look like you just handed them some Calculus...

Hmm, SotC going to GH... so that's why someone sold it to me 21 bucks? :lol: I of course bought it. It is the same price though more or less, and I got it black label, so its still a good deal.

I hope Jak X becomes a GH, for I can see more people online.:) I just really like the game and would love to see more play online (hopefully buddies of mine pick it up, and get a headset).

I will buy SotC at GH price. I already own Ratchet Deadlocked, Jax X, and Sly 3.

[quote name='aoLat']STOP! You're encouraging him![/quote]

You know, I also thought Phoenix Wright was overat-- *Is shot*

Kidding. ;)

[quote name='pop311']How would I price match a game at CC when the game was originally bought at Best Buy?[/quote]

With receipt and game packaging at hand.

They've pulled the SotC's off the shelves... I've been to both BB and CC looking for a copy, but they're all gone. I guess they'll be shipping in new versions (w/ GH label) soon... just sucks, since I wanted to pick it up early. CC told me the game wasn't in their system... (is it getting a new SKU or something, or was that employee an idiot?)

[quote name='iceblast21']They've pulled the SotC's off the shelves... I've been to both BB and CC looking for a copy, but they're all gone. I guess they'll be shipping in new versions (w/ GH label) soon... just sucks, since I wanted to pick it up early. CC told me the game wasn't in their system... (is it getting a new SKU or something, or was that employee an idiot?)[/QUOTE]

It's not listed on their website, but it'd be in their system... at least, I didn't have a problem when I bought the black label version earlier this week. Be sure to check behind games for the black label version rather than just glancing at the shelves... CC is notorious for being unorganized around here so if it's the same where you are, you might get lucky.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Can someone tell me why some prefer not to have GH label on the case? is it about re-sale value?[/QUOTE]

me personally, I just like to have the original thing, but also I think the greatest hits labels look ugly. So yeah, I'm superficial.

[quote name='iceblast21']They've pulled the SotC's off the shelves... I've been to both BB and CC looking for a copy, but they're all gone. I guess they'll be shipping in new versions (w/ GH label) soon... just sucks, since I wanted to pick it up early. CC told me the game wasn't in their system... (is it getting a new SKU or something, or was that employee an idiot?)[/quote]
Normally, if they pull games, it's to put the red GH stickers on the shrinkwrap, since it would make no sense for them to pull inventory and ship it back to their distributor when it's sellable inventory.

I'd expect those copies to have red stickers on the shrinkwrap, like the GH versions, though they won't have it under the shrink. I picked up a few GH-priced games this way, and the red sticker was just on the shrink.

[quote name='shrike4242']Normally, if they pull games, it's to put the red GH stickers on the shrinkwrap, since it would make no sense for them to pull inventory and ship it back to their distributor when it's sellable inventory.

I'd expect those copies to have red stickers on the shrinkwrap, like the GH versions, though they won't have it under the shrink. I picked up a few GH-priced games this way, and the red sticker was just on the shrink.[/quote]

I agree, I saw some GH stick label on the shrinkwraps of some other GH titles in BB before. I believe the UPC is the same, no point of not selling them.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I agree, I saw some GH stick label on the shrinkwraps of some other GH titles in BB before. I believe the UPC is the same, no point of not selling them.[/QUOTE]

Yup -- Neither BB or CC send back games (that would be just darn silly!) -- If they're pulling 'em, it's to put the GH stickers on them.

[quote name='Sonichigh']Picked up SOTC non-GH and ready to price match it tomorrow at CC[/quote]

Smart move,

you know, it's really annoying how in every forum the OP almost always trys to cover their ass by saying something like "if this is already here, please delete this post" or "i searched first and didn't find anything like this". jesus christ, stop being a bunch of wusses everyone, almost everyone does this

Well I picked up a copy of SotC at Target today. Strangely it was the only title not pulled off the shelves... I've never pricematched at Target before, do I need to bring the game and receipt or can I just bring the receipt?

That's weird... So why pull the games off the shelves at all?!?! Seems like it would be easier to walk around and smack the sticker on. Either the game is completely sold out suddenly (which I doubt), or they pulled the game off the shelves. The weirder part is that I've seen the other recently price-dropped games. Just no SotC. Dammit.

Was at Best Buy today and saw Battlefront II with the GH sticker on the plastic. None of the other drops were either missing, labeled, or replaced. I'll be checking prices tomorrow though, and if it goes down, I'll be at Best Buy so fast..

[quote name='Kerig']Those are some deep thoughts coming from a 14-year-old. :applause: :lol:

Just to add my $.02, SoTC is the worst-looking GH cover in the history of GH. The obtrusive red completely ruins the artistic monochrome look they achieved so well.[/QUOTE]
It truly does - which is why I decided to spend a little more and buy a copy on ebay now, rather than risk not being able to find an original copy when it's a GH. I planned to do it at BB, but they haven't had the game in stock for a few weeks, so I doubted they'd have any non-GH ones. Also, Jak X still has a pretty active online community, or at least it did a month or so ago when I last played it.

If you read the ad for Target and CC from Speedy, the price won't drop til 8/6, guys. So I'd hold on to the copy if you bought it, and price adjust later after 8/6. Probably BB will have similar ad.

hmmm, the guy at the local gamestop said they would drop in August (so yeah, 8/6 would work) but I had hoped it would be for August 1st. If they don't drop till 8/6, can we still 2 for 30? I don't think that sale is going to be going on then.

[quote name='Zmonkay']hmmm, the guy at the local gamestop said they would drop in August (so yeah, 8/6 would work) but I had hoped it would be for August 1st. If they don't drop till 8/6, can we still 2 for 30? I don't think that sale is going to be going on then.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's not... looks like the PSP games are fair game, but out of luck on the PS2 ones...

bread's done
Back