Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

If your CC has the standee . It clearly says that it it 19.99 under the Greatest Hits banner with all the images of the games posted. They will possibly pricematch it for that price making it eligible for the 2 for $30 deal. It is YMMV though.

[quote name='Zmonkay']hmmm, the guy at the local gamestop said they would drop in August (so yeah, 8/6 would work) but I had hoped it would be for August 1st. If they don't drop till 8/6, can we still 2 for 30? I don't think that sale is going to be going on then.[/quote]

So, does anyone have the official word whether Shadow of the Colossus is $19.99 this week or next? My closest Circuit City is 90 minutes away. I don't want to make that trap today unless I'm certain the price has dropped. Thanks.

I just came back from CC and bought 6 games for 2 for $30. Shadow of the Collossus was on a huge stand with Jak III, Sly Cooper, Jak X, etc. saying $19.99 each. I didn't pick it up though because they are all BLACK LABELS. Yes its weird, but I got into the PS2 gaming scene late and so all my games are Greatest Hits. I don't want black labels lol.

[quote name='DealHunter']So, does anyone have the official word whether Shadow of the Colossus is $19.99 this week or next? My closest Circuit City is 90 minutes away. I don't want to make that trap today unless I'm certain the price has dropped. Thanks.[/quote]

8/6

[quote name='icecubedx5']I just came back from CC and bought 6 games for 2 for $30. Shadow of the Collossus was on a huge stand with Jak III, Sly Cooper, Jak X, etc. saying $19.99 each. I didn't pick it up though because they are all BLACK LABELS. Yes its weird, but I got into the PS2 gaming scene late and so all my games are Greatest Hits. I don't want black labels lol.[/quote]

There are some people who don't want GH red label either, lol.

I hid a black label SotC at Best Buy behind some Need For Speed games. I had a dream last night that a friend and I went there and they got rid of all their PS2 games and I was pissed. >_>

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I hid a black label SotC at Best Buy behind some Need For Speed games. I had a dream last night that a friend and I went there and they got rid of all their PS2 games and I was pissed. >_>[/quote]nice dream.:lol:

[quote name='icecubedx5']I just came back from CC and bought 6 games for 2 for $30. Shadow of the Collossus was on a huge stand with Jak III, Sly Cooper, Jak X, etc. saying $19.99 each. I didn't pick it up though because they are all BLACK LABELS. Yes its weird, but I got into the PS2 gaming scene late and so all my games are Greatest Hits. I don't want black labels lol.[/quote]

You are missing out on a lot of good games if you only buy GH ones.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I hid a black label SotC at Best Buy behind some Need For Speed games. I had a dream last night that a friend and I went there and they got rid of all their PS2 games and I was pissed. >_>[/quote]

LOL, you know you're too into SotC when you have dreams like that. You're a true CAG, even when you're sleeping.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']So CC has it before 8/6 for 19.99? ANd 2 for 30 is going on now?Man, This is becoming a job!:D When I know Ill head there today.[/quote]

I don't know about CC has it before 8/6, I only saw them in kiosk of GH. Maybe we can get lucky if CC employees don't know about the 8/6 official date. =P

[quote name='DealHunter']So, does anyone have the official word whether Shadow of the Colossus is $19.99 this week or next? My closest Circuit City is 90 minutes away. I don't want to make that trap today unless I'm certain the price has dropped. Thanks.[/quote]

so you are going to spend $10 in gas each way to get it? not to bash you or anything, but that just doesnt make any sense. Arnt there any stores or a mall closer to you? or you can buy it somewhere online and save the gas money and the 3 hours of driving.

[quote name='nativetongue88']so you are going to spend $10 in gas each way to get it? not to bash you or anything, but that just doesnt make any sense. Arnt there any stores or a mall closer to you? or you can buy it somewhere online and save the gas money and the 3 hours of driving.[/quote]

I agree, if you can wait, I am sure you can order it online on Amazon later on when the price drops with free shipping over $25, or Overstock.com for cheaper shipping.

If you can't and love the game so much, I guess you can drive down there on 8/6 and try your luck getting one. Definitely not worth it to drive there twice for price adjustment if you live that far away.

[quote name='nativetongue88']so you are going to spend $10 in gas each way to get it? not to bash you or anything, but that just doesnt make any sense. Arnt there any stores or a mall closer to you? or you can buy it somewhere online and save the gas money and the 3 hours of driving.[/QUOTE]

The only other option is a WalMart which is 30 minutes away. But, last time I was there they were out of Shadow of Colossus. The closest Circuit City is located next to the closest mall. Secondly, the Circuit City 2 for $19.99 PC game deal this week is the real reason I want to make the trip. Shadow of the Colossus is icing on the cake. It sucks living deep in the boonies. Asking a girl out to the movies means an hour drive.*S*

From what I'm reading some Circuit Cities have the Shadow of Colossus price drop today and some don't. Sucks that I can never get through on my local Circuit City's line.

Ratchet Deadlocked or Sly 3? I heard both werent as good as the earlier games in their series, so...which is the more enjoyable game?

[quote name='whoknows']Ratchet Deadlocked or Sly 3? I heard both werent as good as the earlier games in their series, so...which is the more enjoyable game?[/QUOTE]

Never played Deadlocked, but Sly 2 is much, much better than Sly 3

[quote name='ne2eire']Never played Deadlocked, but Sly 2 is much, much better than Sly 3[/QUOTE]

ya, sly 3 was a big dissapointment to me. good thing I rented and didn't buy

[quote name='TehTriggerman']So If one buys the game now to avoid the red label , When the price adjustment comes, do you just bring in the reciept and the game (unopened) ?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to just bring in the receipt and say "Yo, fix it" and they'll do it.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']So If one buys the game now to avoid the red label , When the price adjustment comes, do you just bring in the reciept and the game (unopened) ?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm going to do. The guy at Toys R Us said when they drop SotC to greatest hits (which is the same time everyone else gets theirs), I just have to bring in the game sealed and the receipt and they'll refund the difference, but they won't give a % off the difference like Best Buy and Circuit City do.

Fine with me I really wanted a black label SotC since ICO is one of my favorite games.

$20 for a black label is ok

The new GH games were still regularly priced at my CC (I'm guessing until Tuesday (8/1)). Picked up Mega Man X Collection (PS2) and Paper Mario (GC) as part of the 2 for $30 deal.

I think they're also clearancing the orange Nintendo GC controllers. I got the last one on display for $11.96.

[quote name='ne2eire']Thats what I'm going to do. The guy at Toys R Us said when they drop SotC to greatest hits (which is the same time everyone else gets theirs), I just have to bring in the game sealed and the receipt and they'll refund the difference, but they won't give a % off the difference like Best Buy and Circuit City do.

Fine with me I really wanted a black label SotC since ICO is one of my favorite games.

$20 for a black label is ok[/QUOTE]

I really want to get this for $15 tops so I'll prob. wait it out and see if I can nab it at BB using a GGC. Black label ain't worth $5 -- I don't care how ugly it looks -- $5 doesn't drop from the sky

[quote name='spamfree2']If your CC has the standee . It clearly says that it it 19.99 under the Greatest Hits banner with all the images of the games posted. They will possibly pricematch it for that price making it eligible for the 2 for $30 deal. It is YMMV though.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, last time I was there, they were in a standee, but it didn't mention GH. Hopefully when I go to return or PM them, they will be in the standee saying they are 20 bucks so I can 2 for 30 them. If not, they're goin back, and I'll have to try and find the black label versions during the next B2G1 at Gamestop.

I just came back from CC, trying to get SotC. Sotc and the other games were in a standee that clearly said Greatest Hits games and listed the price at $19.99; it even had pictures of all of them with the red Greatest Hits labels on them. SotC rang up in the system for $39.99, and the woman working the videogame section said it should be $19.99, but the woman at customer service wouldn't adjust the price because it didn't have the Greatest Hits label at the top, even though it's the same game. She said that if I had a copy with the red label so she could scan it and compare the bar code to the one with the black label, she could pricematch it. Of course, if they had a copy with the Greatest Hits label in stock, the price would be correct in the system and I wouldn't have to do that in the first place.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I just came back from CC, trying to get SotC. Sotc and the other games were in a standee that clearly said Greatest Hits games and listed the price at $19.99; it even had pictures of all of them with the red Greatest Hits labels on them. SotC rang up in the system for $39.99, and the woman working the videogame section said it should be $19.99, but the woman at customer service wouldn't adjust the price because it didn't have the Greatest Hits label at the top, even though it's the same game. She said that if I had a copy with the red label so she could scan it and compare the bar code to the one with the black label, she could pricematch it. Of course, if they had a copy with the Greatest Hits label in stock, the price would be correct in the system and I wouldn't have to do that in the first place.[/quote]

That's what I meant when I said official price adjustment date is after 8/6, as shown in Speedy's ad. I doubt that'll update the price in system til then. It's a hit or miss if you try to price adjust til 8/6.

Well..Curiosity got the best of me And I ended up going to CC. While I was there looking, I ran in Mr. Jack SQUAT. I went back to BB and got it (with PS2 5 Coupon) and will wait for adjustment. I also found Trauma Center For DS and picked that up too. ALso looking forward to picking up SOCOM III when I adjust the price. BB had ALOT ..They might have to slap stickers on em.

Guess this is a YMMV deal, I went to my local CC and they gave me Ratchet:Deadlocked for the GH price since they did have it advertised in the standee... unfortunately, they didn't have SotC in stock. I got it with another $19.99 game for the 2 for $30 deal.

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']the CC ad doesnt have SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS as a part of their 2 for $30 deal[/QUOTE]

Because it's still $40 in their system

Should officially be a greatest hits on Tuesday

well, they had the standee saying they are 19.99, and the guy called his manager, but the manager said since they didn't have the red GH label, they weren't supposed to be the ones on sale. Oh well, mebbe later in the week they will drop. It's still bogus that they wouldn't honor the advertised price though.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I don't get it either, but GH version has a different UPC than original, go figure.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they do the sticker thing at my BB. GH rarely have a different UPC from the original, unless the content has changed (Midnight Club 3, DMC 3).

I got Ratchet: Deadlocked and Battlefront 2. Battlefront 2 was ok for the 2 for $30 deal but Ratchet rang as 39.99. I pointed to the picture in the kiosk with the new GH titles and a customer service person adjusted the price to 19.99.

She still didn't want to put Ratchet in the 2 for $30 deal because "It didn't qualify". I said that according to the ad it did qualify but she insisted that it did not. At the end, the manager put the price manually at 15.00 for each game.

I guess this new GH batch is still YMMV for the 2 for $30 thing. :cry:

On my trip to CC, I found a non-GH Ratchet Deadlocked for 39.99. They had the GH stand with it on the side. I asked the manager if they would let it go for 19.99 since it was advertised on the side of the stand at that price. He was very nice and said that it okay. Yay! =D

So, moral is, always ask. You never know who's behind the counter and how they are feeling. =)

Sale is also all week, and they said they get new shipments in all the time (that stand also had a bunch of other titles I wanted on the side, but no luck. Contents were pretty sorry at the time I was there).

I'm sure all of you know this already, but I've just looked at the BB site and they have SotC (GH) for $19.99, with a GGC or the $5 off coupon, you can get it for $15.

I brought in my CC receipt and told the clerk that BB was selling it for $19.99. I told them I didn't have an ad but it says so on their website. I got the price adjustment! Triumphant!

ok, I just played the E3 2005 demo of SOC, and I have to ask...

is the framerate that bad in the actual game? (I was pulling about 20-25 FPS) in the game, it moved like a N64 Zelda game.

How hard is the game? I got to the first Giant, and he stepped on me pretty quick. I took damage just being near his stomp :(
I didn't get a chance to shoot him in the eye (that's where my sword shine is pointing).

Finally, what's all the fuss? I didn't enjoy the demo too much...

In case anyone is looking in the south bay area, I saw 5 copies left of the original print at bestbuy in Sunnyvale on El Camino. There were none available at the CircuitCity just up the street. I got it for $15 + tax after the $5 coupon at BB.

jarvis. I just picked up Shadow Of The Colossue at BB in Sunnyvale so they now have 2 copies less than what you saw. One for me and one for my friend.

I didn't use the $5 coupon as I was able to get them to price match th 2 for $30 CC ad after the clerk checked with her manager. The game rang up for 19.99 so the whole process was pretty easy. I just love it when they don't call the store to check availability on games.

There are still at least 2 copies left along with the original non-GH Sly 3 and SOCOM III games. I'm sure Deadlocked and Jak are there as well.

Tonight I price adjusted my SotC and got 15.89 back in cash..Which I then went and grabbed a copy of SOCOM III and With my $5 off BB coupon walked away with a penny in change. Or something like that :cool:

got SOTC for $15 using the scanned PSU coupon at the Best Buy in the Simi Valley Town Center. They had about 5 black labels left. wewt

A couple of weeks ago I was at best buy and they only had 1 SotC left. I was worried they would be out of the non-gh versions when I went there today. But they got another shipment in right before it went greatest hits (a bunch of 'em). Picked one up for $16.00 after GGC and taxes.

[quote name='joserjerr']jarvis. I just picked up Shadow Of The Colossue at BB in Sunnyvale so they now have 2 copies less than what you saw. One for me and one for my friend.

I didn't use the $5 coupon as I was able to get them to price match th 2 for $30 CC ad after the clerk checked with her manager. The game rang up for 19.99 so the whole process was pretty easy. I just love it when they don't call the store to check availability on games.

There are still at least 2 copies left along with the original non-GH Sly 3 and SOCOM III games. I'm sure Deadlocked and Jak are there as well.[/quote]

thanks for saying sotc. i completely forgot to mention what game it was.

The lower prices are now in effect at Target and Best Buy as of Monday. I saw all of them clearly marked at $19.99 on the shelf and picked up Shadow of the Colossus for $15 after GCC. And like everyone else is posting, Circuit City hasn't adjusted the prices yet as of Monday. Toys'R'Us didn't have any of the games in stock, so I don't know if they adjusted yet.

bread's done
Back