Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $44.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='Chronis']I thought all American Nocturnes had the soundtrack....[/QUOTE]

No, only the initial run did. After Atlus saw the huge demand, they decided to print a second run without the soundtrack.

well...there is some meaning to Limited Edition-if they'll just run reprints whenver they feel there's a demand, it defeats the purposes of calling something LE (and I think it's clear to everybody their production cost for a game is virtually nothing-it's pretty much like printing money if there's a demand)

But man, I think I'll go in on it-I've got the DDS 1 and 2, but didn't play them yet.

Oh.... i see..... *prances my mint with-soundtrack copy around the topic*

But now that that's out of the way, i do have a question for anyone with DDS1. Did the discs come in different cases than normal PS2 games?

[quote name='Chronis']But now that that's out of the way, i do have a question for anyone with DDS1. Did the discs come in different cases than normal PS2 games?[/quote]

My copy of DDS1 did not have the soundtrack, but as far as I know the soundtrack for that one came in a paper sleeve.

[quote name='fairtrade']My copy of DDS1 did not have the soundtrack, but as far as I know the soundtrack for that one came in a paper sleeve.[/quote]

Alright, thanks for that. I ended up buying the box used at GS and both games came in non-PS2 cases and I was confused about it since both were the same case.

Lucky! I've been looking for a copy of that damn soundtrack to complete my set for ages now. I couldn't resist, though, everything else was minty and it was only $13 from Game Crazy w/ MVP.

:O $13!? I paid like $40 for mine at GS. And it wasn't very minty. The outer sleeve has been defiled by a bunch of old EB stickers. The DDS disc didn't come with cover slip (thought it wasn't something that a cheapass couldn't fix with the help of the internet). And there is a few creases on both the outer sleev and the inner dual case box thingy.

You can ask Atlus for outer cardboard sleeve, outer case, cover, and soundtrack. Only thing they didnt give me was the manual.

[quote name='Chronis']:O $13!? I paid like $40 for mine at GS. And it wasn't very minty. The outer sleeve has been defiled by a bunch of old EB stickers. The DDS disc didn't come with cover slip (thought it wasn't something that a cheapass couldn't fix with the help of the internet). And there is a few creases on both the outer sleev and the inner dual case box thingy.[/quote]

If you can find a new one at GC I believe they are $18.

[quote name='DrNo888']You can ask Atlus for outer cardboard sleeve, outer case, cover, and soundtrack. Only thing they didnt give me was the manual.[/quote]

:O I'll definitely try that! thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Chronis']:O I'll definitely try that! thanks for the tip.[/quote]

I asked about this recently and was told they no longer have any inserts or manuals in stock.

Just got a reply from Atlus that answers many of the burning questions...

"That is indeed a legit reprint of Nocturne. The soundtrack isn’t included in the reprint though. And no, we don’t have any spare soundtracks here to give/sell you. Be sure to pick up Persona 3: FES this month too! Unless you like waiting for these reprints to come along once in a blue moon."

[quote name='onikage']I asked about this recently and was told they no longer have any inserts or manuals in stock.[/QUOTE]

Just for Nocturne or in general? I could use replacement covers for a couple of my Atlus titles, has anyone else had experience asking them for replacements?

About 2 weeks ago I asked for manual/insert for my copy of Nocturne, they asked for my shipping address. Of course I have yet to receive it, but I guess it probably is like anything, depends who opts to answer you since the response on the topic on various threads seems like either or is the response people got.

[quote name='rainking187']Just for Nocturne or in general? I could use replacement covers for a couple of my Atlus titles, has anyone else had experience asking them for replacements?[/quote]

They don't offer those anymore. They ran out and don't have a deal with the outsource they were getting them from at this time.

Hmm..Atlus is in a general good mood lately reprinting "rare" games. Glad I still have my Nocturne w/ soundtrack the day it came out, as I'd be a little sad that they're not reprinting the soundtrack again. I'm betting that an amazon reprint is gonna happen. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness was OOS in most stores except Amazon, which had them backordered for 2-3 months before shipping again. Maybe Amazon paid Atlus, a huge sum of money to get the game reprinted soon. I guess it's the waiting game.

you know what? i think most of these atlus games were released with possible reprints in mind. that's why initial runs are in a deluxe package or come with a soundtrack or etc etc, so that early fans/collectors/hoarders will be slightly less pissed if a reprint was ever released. i mean, isn't that the excuse they gave in the press release for fes? "blah blah blah, fes will not come with the artbook blah blah, so the first release of persona 3 still has some comparative worth, please don't be too pissed, blah blah"

anyway, i like atlus, and collector's prices aren't really their fault, but i can't help but feel a bit of pity (and laughter) for one of my friends who bought persona 3 for 80 bucks on ebay just a couple weeks before fes was announced...ouch.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just got a reply from Atlus that answers many of the burning questions...

"
That is indeed a legit reprint of Nocturne. The soundtrack isn’t included in the reprint though. And no, we don’t have any spare soundtracks here to give/sell you. Be sure to pick up Persona 3: FES this month too! Unless you like waiting for these reprints to come along once in a blue moon."[/quote]

Fixed that for you since it was impossible to read before. This e-mail doesn't actually confirm that a reprint is on the way. It strongly hints to it though.

[quote name='Shady3011']Fixed that for you since it was impossible to read before. This e-mail doesn't actually confirm that a reprint is on the way. It strongly hints to it though.[/quote]

you can't read blue font? .....

anyways the first sentence confirms a reprint....

Now if this is an exclusive play-asia deal or if its heading to Amazon.com soon we will have to wait and see. I doubt it will head to stores, but its possible.

[quote name='Edward Sechs']Anyone think this will lower the value for the nocturne with soundtrack copies?[/quote]

Indeed. That's why people are now putting their copies with the soundtrack on eBay.

Well, it'll be interesting to see how much this reprint negatively affects LE copies with the OST. I mean, FF7 had a bunch of reprints and they still go for a fairly hefty sum. I think the value of the LE Nocturne, and probably even the ones without the soundtrack, will climb back up after a while. If the word keeps spreading in the future, then the new gamers will want to play this also, and it will always have a demand it can't meet.

[quote name='RSGames']Indeed. That's why people are now putting their copies with the soundtrack on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Actually no, the game with soundtrack still fetches $100 + . just quickly checked ebay and most Nocturne prices are in the range of 55-70, "NEW", but w/out the soundtrack.

[quote name='Nakilos']About 2 weeks ago I asked for manual/insert for my copy of Nocturne, they asked for my shipping address. Of course I have yet to receive it, but I guess it probably is like anything, depends who opts to answer you since the response on the topic on various threads seems like either or is the response people got.[/quote]

I asked about 2-3 weeks ago as well and was told they didn't have any :whistle2:(

edit: wow its lucky I already have a copy of the soundtrack...

I've seen new persona 3 back in stock at gamestop. I was looking for it for months and nada, now that they have FES coming it mysteriously shows back in stock at gamestop. what a bunch of bastards.

[quote name='RSGames']The prices have already dropped.

This auction ended for a new copy with soundtrack ended for $91.10

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-Shin-Megami-Nocturne-Sealed_W0QQitemZ250234561845

This guy pulled his down.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/shin-megami-nocturne-new-rare-sealed_W0QQitemZ330228149120[/QUOTE]

Hmm..yeah. they're going down, slowly though. I'll doubt it'll go down radically. Only cuz the ebayers will realize the reprinted game comes with no soundtrack and thus increase the price. Watch after a couple of days, for the price to fluctuate, but the soundtrack game will be 80-100.

[quote name='Shady3011']Fixed that for you since it was impossible to read before. This e-mail doesn't actually confirm that a reprint is on the way. It strongly hints to it though.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean... how doesn't it confirm a reprint? They said it was a legit reprint.

[quote name='Vinny']Not sure what you mean... how doesn't it confirm a reprint? They said it was a legit reprint.[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to a reprint in North America. That Atlus newsletter didn't state that the game will be reprinted for North America, I believe. The guy who wrote the letter, just asked Atlus about the play-asia copies.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I think he was referring to a reprint in North America. That Atlus newsletter didn't state that the game will be reprinted for North America, I believe. The guy who wrote the letter, just asked Atlus about the play-asia copies.[/QUOTE]

The copy that P-A is selling is NTSC U/C... that's the format used for all of North America. Regardless of where it's reprinted or by whom, it's pretty clear that the game's been reprinted.:)

I hope they managed to get new copies from somewhere and it's not a reprint...I just canceled my order of FES to pick this up >_>

Is there anyway to cancel an order that I ordered via credit card?

Oh what the deuce, I just spent $80 on this game! I swear, this happens to me every time that I take the plunge on a rare game. I even told my friends, "watch, they'll reprint Nocturne a week after I buy it".

Atlus, I demand that you reprint DDS1 as compensation. Bonus points if you reprint the two-pack with DDS2.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, don't be. It's probably THE most kickass PS2 RPG out there, with deep gameplay, an intriguing storyline, and an incredibly atmospheric world. And come on, when are you ever going to see it this cheap again? Sure, it's not for everyone (it's a difficult game, for one, and the dungeons might frustrate some with their complicated designs), but if you don't like it, you can always resell it for a higher price.

[quote name='Lion Rocker']Oh what the deuce, I just spent $80 on this game! I swear, this happens to me every time that I take the plunge on a rare game. I even told my friends, "watch, they'll reprint Nocturne a week after I buy it".

Atlus, I demand that you reprint DDS1 as compensation. Bonus points if you reprint the two-pack with DDS2.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, don't be. It's probably THE most kickass PS2 RPG out there, with deep gameplay, an intriguing storyline, and an incredibly atmospheric world. And come on, when are you ever going to see it this cheap again? Sure, it's not for everyone (it's a difficult game, for one, and the dungeons might frustrate some with their complicated designs), but if you don't like it, you can always resell it for a higher price.[/QUOTE]

this IS Cheapass gamer. Everyone (guilty) seems to be waiting for amazon in case they start supplying this game as well. Suspicion is that they might have this game for a tad bit cheaper than play-asia, + free shipping.

[quote name='razgriz417']Wow, I'm so ready to bite on this. Amazon please confirm soon so you can take my money......[/quote]

i know!! hurry up amazon!!!

[quote name='Chronis']Well, it'll be interesting to see how much this reprint negatively affects LE copies with the OST. I mean, FF7 had a bunch of reprints and they still go for a fairly hefty sum. I think the value of the LE Nocturne, and probably even the ones without the soundtrack, will climb back up after a while. If the word keeps spreading in the future, then the new gamers will want to play this also, and it will always have a demand it can't meet.[/QUOTE]

well it took a while for Persona 2 to go up after the reprint, and even than it is nowhere close to what it cost before the reprint.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']this IS Cheapass gamer. Everyone (guilty) seems to be waiting for amazon in case they start supplying this game as well. Suspicion is that they might have this game for a tad bit cheaper than play-asia, + free shipping.[/QUOTE]

You guys aren't the only ones... after selling through 10 within an hour, that seller on Ebay has only sold 3 (1 at best offer) in the past 12 hours.:lol:

Regardless of whether or not Amazon gets them, I'm guessing prices in general will come down because nobody seems to want anymore at $70.

Damnit...The $70 copy I bought on amazon should be on its way to my house now (bought it on friday night thinking that it was a once in a lifetime deal finding a copy of that game sealed below $100). That, and I bought a pretty decent used copy sans soundtrack from GS last month for their asking price of $60 considering it was still hard to find at a good price last month.

Hmm...what to do. Return the copy I bought and order from P-A and wait for it in the mail or wait for amazon to possibly stock copies of the reprint. Or, just suck it up consdering I'll have the game new and recoup some of my losses selling my used copy on ebay.

This reprint definitely came out of left field...who would've known....

[quote name='argyle']I've been saying this for years - the fact that Konami hasn't put it up on the PSN store yet is crazy to me, I mean, what would that cost them? Heck, or make it the pre-order bonus for the next Suikoden. Would any RPG fan NOT buy Suikoden VI if they were guaranteed a copy of Suikoden II with it?[/quote]

not very likely. konami hasnt even localized the psp remake of suikoden 1 and 2 anywhere other than japan.

This was some kind of GameCrazy dropped straight out of a Twilight Zone episode. They actually had 2 copies of the boxed LE version which they let me scavenge to make one nice copy. And the next week I went back and got a copy of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 boxed, complete, and in minty shape for $4 as part of a classic plastic buy. I should go back by there sometime to see if they have anything else good, but it's too far to drive over there on a regular basis.

Then again I am looking for my $20 copy of House of the Dead 2-3 while it's on sale, so I might have to stop by there again...

[quote name='Chronis']:O $13!? I paid like $40 for mine at GS. And it wasn't very minty. The outer sleeve has been defiled by a bunch of old EB stickers. The DDS disc didn't come with cover slip (thought it wasn't something that a cheapass couldn't fix with the help of the internet). And there is a few creases on both the outer sleev and the inner dual case box thingy.[/quote]

Could someone tell how paying with play-asia works? Cause i ordered from them yesterday, and this morning it showed it took the money out of my bank account, but now the money for the game is back in there. wtf... When i check my status on paly-asia, it says,
Preparing order

Your payment has been cleared and we are preparing your order now. In most cases your order will be dispatched within the mentioned "ETA" as shown in your order details page. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your order has been sent out.

So far Ive gotten 0 emails from this site, even to say i ordered the game or welcome to there site, etc. Do they not take your money out till it sent or what? :roll:

I may bite on this, simply because the soundtrack isn't a high priority for me. Sometime later down the line I may replace it with the LE, but this'll work for now.

A good thing I got the Nocturne soundtrack disc . For those that have the soundtrack, you can print out the soundtrack cover arts from their website.

http://www.atlus.com/smt/downloads.html

Although I would probably take it to one of the print shops to get a nice pretty print on the glossy paper. Or better yet, I might just put it in my empty 2 disc PS2 case with the game when I get it.

bread's done
Back