SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

[quote name='StrandedBrit']English tracklist for Euro store :whistle2:[/quote]

Just got my Singstar in the mail yesterday and have yet to take it out for a testdrive...definitely need to add those Duran Duran, New Order, and Nick Cave tracks to my want list.

Nice.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']English tracklist for Euro store :whistle2:

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer
En Vogue - ‘My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It)
Gorillaz - 19-2000
Gossip - Listen Up!
Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Kylie Minogue - Where The Wild Roses Grow
New Order - Blue Monday 88
Pendulum - Granite
Pretenders - Brass In Pocket
Spandau Ballet - Gold
Twisted Sister - We’re Not Gonna Take It
The Stranglers - Peaches
The Vines - Ride
[/QUOTE]

I hope we get Twisted Sister. I'd wish for Gorillaz too but that's not going to happen. Pretenders and The Vines might be alright.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Anyone checked the singstore yet today?!?!?!?[/quote]

Just checked (through my PSP no less!). The US store still has only the last update listed (Foreigner, Toni Braxton, etc.).

Come to think of it doesn't it usually update on Friday?

Update: The store says "The next Singstore update for U.S. and Canada is on the 21st of August"

Maybe it will be a big one. (Don't get your hopes up!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 21st update better be massive or at least have an awesome selection. I wish SCEA would realize that most of us are dying to purchase new songs.

lame. so much for every 2 weeks. i bet it's just a normal sized update on the 21st. i'm not sure why they'd skip a week when it seems like it'd be relatively easy for them to roll out songs that were on the PS2 singstars. of course then i'd bitch about how they're giving me content i already have :)

Here's the songlist for the U.K. this time (we will probably get most of the songs). This comes from the GAF SingStar thread (credit goes to Tntnnbltn):
• Billy Joel - "River of Dreams" (1993, Sony BMG. Youtube)
• Britney Spears - "Overprotected" (2001, Sony BMG. YouTube)
• Cheap Trick - "I Want You To Want Me" (1977, Sony BMG)
• Daniel Powter - "Bad Day" (2005, Sony BMG in Europe / Warner in the US.)
• David Bowie - "Jean Genie" (1972, Sony BMG. YouTube)
• Evermore - "It's Too Late" (2004, Warner.)
• Five Star - "System Addict" (1985, RCA/Tent Recordings. Youtube)
• HIM - "And Love Said No" (2004, Warner.)
• Jamiroquai - "Alright" (1996, Sony BMG. )
• Jesus Jones - "Right Here, Right Now" (1991, EMI. Youtube)
• Levellers - "What A Beautiful Day" (Either 1997, Warner or the 2007 re-release, Eagle Records.)
• Panic! At The Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (2006, Fueled by Ramen. )
• Sister Sledge - "He's The Greatest Dancer" (1979, Warner. Youtube)
• Tina Turner - "What's Love Got To Do With It?" (1984, EMI. Youtube)

I can say I want:
Billy Joel - "River of Dreams"
Britney Spears - "Overprotected"
Jesus Jones - "Right Here, Right Now"
Sister Sledge - "He's The Greatest Dancer"
Tina Turner - "What's Love Got To Do With It?"

Looks like you'll be able to rip your PS2 version songs into the PS3 soon.

Tearing a page straight out of the Rock Band 2 playbook, Sony announced a new service – to be made available through a firmware update – that will allow folks to essentially rip the tracks from PS2 versions of SingStar onto the PS3. IGN gives us a play-by-play of the service: "Just throw in the PS2 disc and you can grab the tracks!" Epic! We're curious about the details: What's to prevent you from borrowing or renting games? Will this work on all PS2 versions of SingStar? Will this work on all PS3s (even those without PS2 backwards compatibility)? Is this enough to compete with Lips' play-your-own-music functionality? More as we know it.

SingStar Disney on PS2. :D

I have a soft spot for Disney and I love SingStar.
[quote name='StrandedBrit']Also from Leipzig ..... Michael Jackson confirmed for Vol 3! (At least in Europe).[/QUOTE]
I think we'll start seeing Michael Jackson songs in the SingStar store once it comes, meaning it has cleared licensing to get him.

Bad news is it's more of a disc swapping method actually, it seems:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/singstar-firmware-upgrade-will-allow-ripping-of-ps2-tracks-onto/

But, if it still keeps the PS3 interface I'm happy (since it imports tracks).

Here's more news:

U.S. Store Update for Tomorrow:
US songs from previous European updates
• Billy Joel - "River of Dreams"
• Britney Spears - "Overprotected"
• Cheap Trick - "I Want You To Want Me"
• Daniel Powter - "Bad Day"
• David Bowie - "Jean Genie"
• Duran Duran - "Save A Prayer"
• En Vogue - "'My Lovin' (You’re Never Gonna Get It)"
• Evermore - "It's Too Late"
• Five Star - "System Addict"
• Gorillaz - "19-2000"
• HIM - "And Love Said No"
• Jamiroquai - "Alright"
• Jesus Jones - "Right Here, Right Now"
• Levellers - "What A Beautiful Day"
• Men At Work - "Who Can It Be Now"
• Pretenders - "Brass In Pocket"
• Spandau Ballet - "Gold"
• Pendulum - "Granite"
• Saybia - "The Day After Tomorrow"
• Sister Sledge - "He's The Greatest Dancer"
• Tina Turner - "What's Love Got To Do With It?"
• Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It"
• The Vines - "Ride"

Songs released in Europe but not in US
• Gossip - "Listen Up!"
• Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Kylie Minogue - "Where The Wild Roses Grow"
• New Order - "Blue Monday 88"
• Panic! At The Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"
• The Stranglers - "Peaches"
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/900/900244p1.html

Volume 2 Official Songlist for U.S.
IGN also revealed the US SingStar Vol 2 tracklist, releasing in October.
• Aerosmith - "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)"
• Bad English - "When I See You Smile"
• Bobby Brown - "My Prerogative"
• Boys Like Girls - "Hero/Heroine"
• The Bravery - "Believe"
• The Cure - "Pictures of You"
• Elton John & Kiki Dee - "Don't Go breaking My Heart"
• Eminem - "Without Me"
• Gavin DeGraw - "In Love With A Girl"
• Gnarls Barkley - "Run (I'm A Natural Disaster)"
• Gold Frapp - "Happiness"
• The Killers - "When You Were Young"
• Lit - "Miserable"
• The Mamas & The Papas - "California Dreamin'"
• Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten"
• The Offspring - "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)"
• Panic! At The Disco - "Nine In The Afternoon"
• Paramore - "CrushCrushCrush"
• Phantom Planet - "California"
• P!nk - "Just Like A Pill"
• The Police - "Don't Stand So Close To Me"
• The Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
• Radiohead - "Street Spirit"
• Rise Against - "Prayer Of The Refugee"
• Sara Bareilles - "Love Song"
• The Shins - "New Slang"
• Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"
• Weezer - "Beverly Hills"
• Yael Naim - "New Soul"
• Young M.C. - "Bust A Move"

Volume 3: U.K.:
SingStar Vol 3 -- UK Tracklist
• Aerosmith – Cryin'
• Amy McDonald – This is the Life
• Barry Manilow – Copacabana
• David Bowie – Space Oddity
• Deep Blue Something – Breakfast at Tiffanys
• Dizzee Rascal ft. Calvin Harris & Chrome – Dance Wiv Me
• Fergie -Big Girls Don't Cry
• Gwen Stefani ft Akon – The Sweet Escape
• Kate Bush – Babooshka
• Leo Sayer – You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
• Lionel Richie - All Night Long
• Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
• Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder – Ebony & Ivory
• Queen – Killer Queen
• Sara Bareille – Love Song
• Take That – Could it Be Magic
• Texas – Say What You Want
• Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson – The Way I Are
• Timbaland ft. OneRepublic – Apologize
• The Ting Tings – Shut Up and Let Me Go
There will be two queen packs for Europe. Hopefully we get them one day stateside.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=219049

[quote name='NamPaehc']Looks like you'll be able to rip your PS2 version songs into the PS3 soon.[/QUOTE]

that is awesome. one of my biggest complaints is that with the weekly updates they usually stuff a few songs in there that i already have on the PS2 versions. if you could rip them into the PS3 version it would be great to have them all in one place. i might need to get a bigger hard drive for that though. hopefully it doesn't require the BC though. *fingers crossed*

also, does anyone know if they're going to release the volume 2 songs as individually downloadable songs in the singstore? there's a handful of songs on there that i'd like, but there's also a handful of songs on there that i could care less about. it would probably be cheaper to get the 10 songs i want off the singstore instead of buying the entire disc.

*edit* just read Mana's link, and that's still pretty cool, i have all 5 PS2 games, so it's no big whoop for me. i'm happy that they will support it irregardless of whether or not your have a PS3 with BC. hopefully the PS3 version will still store the high scores and such, although i can't imagine it wouldn't. when is this patch supposed to come out? i didn't see it in the article, unless i completely missed it.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh damn....I want vol.2 just because it has Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) on it.[/QUOTE]It seems like it may have trophies too. ;) And oh course all of the downloaded songs will work with it too. :D

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/21/singstar-volume-2-coming-to-america-features-trophies/

[quote name='bendeco45']that is awesome. one of my biggest complaints is that with the weekly updates they usually stuff a few songs in there that i already have on the PS2 versions. if you could rip them into the PS3 version it would be great to have them all in one place. i might need to get a bigger hard drive for that though. hopefully it doesn't require the BC though. *fingers crossed*

also, does anyone know if they're going to release the volume 2 songs as individually downloadable songs in the singstore? there's a handful of songs on there that i'd like, but there's also a handful of songs on there that i could care less about. it would probably be cheaper to get the 10 songs i want off the singstore instead of buying the entire disc.

*edit* just read Mana's link, and that's still pretty cool, i have all 5 PS2 games, so it's no big whoop for me. i'm happy that they will support it irregardless of whether or not your have a PS3 with BC. hopefully the PS3 version will still store the high scores and such, although i can't imagine it wouldn't. when is this patch supposed to come out? i didn't see it in the article, unless i completely missed it.[/QUOTE]
The PS Blog posted a article trying to help the confusion:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/21/how-it-works-singstar-ps2-ps3-compatibility/

When looking at the comments, here's what was said by an SCEA rep
Unfortunately it won’t be possible to upload any saved media for PS2 songs because of licensing restrictions.

In doing this feature we thought the most important point was being able to play all of the songs from your SingStar collection regardless of whether they’re from PS2 or PS3.

We added to the PS3 SingStar game ‘engine’ the ability to read and decode the tracks from a SingStar disc for PS2. Keeping it within the PS3 game also means you can still play your downloaded tracks.

If Vol 3 stays intact for the US next year, that will officially be the best disc of the three so far in my eyes. Some big guns on that one.

I'll update the OP later tonight.

EDIT: I really hope they update SingStar as a whole with trophies, because after reading that tracklist for vol 2 I'm really considering cancelling my pre-order (only a couple of songs I like).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']If Vol 3 stays intact for the US next year, that will officially be the best disc of the three so far in my eyes. Some big guns on that one.

I'll update the OP later tonight.

EDIT: I really hope they update SingStar as a whole with trophies, because after reading that tracklist for vol 2 I'm really considering cancelling my pre-order (only a couple of songs I like).[/QUOTE]Some songs might appear in the SingStar store from Volume 2 (but no guarantee). The main purpose of the Volumes is to serve as a retail presence for those who lack internet connection.

I want Eminem, so I'm buying it (and some of its features). Volume 1 isn't getting trophies though. ALL future SingStar games are.

EDIT: PS3 Fanboy had it wrong, trophy support is coming next year to SingStar.
Trophy support is coming early next year.

There's an update on Thursday, according to the SingStar Fan Group on Facebook
Hi All

We are planning to release a small patch/online enhancement on Thursday. This will be free of charge and available when you logo on, on Thursday.

- We've fixed small online image problem which currently affects some thumbnail images
- You will be able to use a playlist of imported tracks as menu music for SingStar. Access these via your personal song collection saved in the Music folder of the Home menu on your PS3.

Love SingStar Team

This is the songlist I'm hearing around that Europe gets on September 4th, 2008 (in English):
• Chumbawamba - "Tubthumping"
• Fine Young Cannibals - "She Drives Me Crazy"
• Jamiroquai - "Virtual Insanity"
• Natalia - "Fragile Not Broken"
• Natalia - "I Survived You"
• Natalia - "I Want You Back"
• Natalia - "I've Only Begun To Fight"
• Natalia - "Shelter"
• One Love Family - "Reggae Music"
• Simple Plan - "Shut Up!"
• Sister Sledge - "Lost In Music"
• Starship - "We Built This City"
• The Flaming Lips - "Race For The Prize"
• X-wife - "Ping Pong"
• You Am I - "Berlin Chair"
• You Am I - "Purple Sneakers"

"She Drives Me Crazy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wzi-kTVOI

"Tubthumping"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4iU0yx9GY

"We Built This City"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxGGckAc1rs

Singstar 2 has a good number of songs that interest me. 3 to a lesser extent, at least as far as what will be released for UK.

wow - I'm surprised - I'm actually excited about some of those potential songs for the latest update. Flaming Lips!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm getting pissed.
I just can't download the songs. I have about 20 that I SPENT MONEY ON and can't use yet.[/quote]What's going wrong?

It appears that Europe itself didn't get the firmware update, so there must have been some last minute problem.

Oh yeah, full Volume 3 tracklist for Europe (from the SingStar Facebook group):
Aerosmith------------------------------------------------Cryin'
Amy McDonald------------------------------------------This Is The Life
Barry Manilow-------------------------------------------Copacabana
Coldplay--------------------------------------------------Viva La Vida
David Bowie----------------------------------------------Space Oddity
Deep Blue Something-----------------------------------Breakfast At Tiffany's
Dizzee Rascal (feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome)-------Dance Wiv Me
Fall Out Boy --------------------------------------------This Aint A Scene…It's An Arms Race
Feargal Sharkey-----------------------------------------A Good Heart
Fergie-----------------------------------------------------Big Girls Don't Cry
Gwen Stefani feat Akon------------------------------- The Sweet Escape
Happy Mondays-----------------------------------------Kinky Afro
Heaven 17-----------------------------------------------Temptation
K.D. Lang------------------------------------------------ Constant Craving
Kate Bush------------------------------------------------Babooshka
Leo Sayer------------------------------------------------You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
Lionel Richie----------------------------------------------All Night Long
Michael Jackson------------------------------------------Billie Jean
Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder---------------------Ebony & Ivory
Queen-----------------------------------------------------Killer Queen
Sara Bareilles---------------------------------------------Love Song
Smashing Pumpkins--------------------------------------1979
Take That-------------------------------------------------Could It Be Magic
Texas------------------------------------------------------Say What You Want
The Communards----------------------------------------Never Can Say Good-bye
The Ting Tings--------------------------------------------Shut Up And Let Me Go
Timbaland feat Keri Hilson -----------------------------The Way I Are
Timbaland feat One Republic--------------------------Apologize
Transvision Vamp----------------------------------------Baby I Don't Care
Vampire Weekend----------------------------------------Oxford Comma
[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm getting pissed.
I just can't download the songs. I have about 20 that I SPENT MONEY ON and can't use yet.[/QUOTE]
Did you try again later, because as long as you paid for them, they are on a list.

Alrighty folks, I'm new to the forums so be gentle! :)

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm wondering if it's possible to clear all of the high-score data that is saved on my singstar charts (I've got the first version on PS3) without losing all of the songs that I've bought from the Singstore?

I can't see the option anywhere in the menus?

Or, is it possible to remove certain peoples scores from the charts?!?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer me some sort of advice!!

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, ABBA and Universal Music Announce Collaboration on SingStar®

SingStar® ABBA Available For This Christmas, Exclusively on PlayStation®

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced a collaboration with ABBA to bring the band’s best loved tracks to SingStar for both PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3. Owners of either system will now be able to sing along with some of the most iconic pop tracks of all time including ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘Gimme Gimme Gimme’, ‘Waterloo’ and ‘Dancing Queen’.

SingStar ABBA is being developed in full collaboration with ABBA and Universal Music Group in Sweden, which manages the rights to the ABBA brand. The terms of the agreement include a window of exclusivity for disc-based PlayStation titles until December 2009.

ABBA’s recordings have sold an estimated 370 million units worldwide. Their 1992 album, “Gold,” is one of the most popular albums of all time, with sales of 26 million copies.

The SingStar agreement comes as the music of ABBA enjoys a renewed surge of popularity worldwide, sparked by the huge success of the film, “Mamma Mia!” Global sales of the soundtrack album, released by Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, are now approaching 3 million.

“We are thrilled to be collaborating with ABBA to bring their tracks to SingStar this Christmas,” said David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “The popularity of this iconic band continues year after year, and we know SingStar fans will be delighted to add this selection of classics tracks to their SingStar collection.”

Lucian Grainge, Chairman/CEO of Universal Music Group International, commented: “ABBA have joined that elite club of musicians and artists whose popularity only grows with time, as new generations enjoy some of the most memorable music ever made. SingStar ABBA will have the world singing along again.”

SingStar ABBA is the perfect soundtrack to any party, guaranteed to get pop lovers of all ages on their feet when it is released this winter in PAL territories and the US.
n24142965352_1261994_9158.jpg

Pretty cool news it's coming to the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REElUors1pQ

[quote name='The Mana Knight']SingStar ABBA is the perfect soundtrack to any party, guaranteed to get pop lovers of all ages on their feet when it is released this winter in PAL territories and the US.[/quote]

I'm excited about this.

Except, I think that means I'm gay. Any tips on how to break that news to my wife? :shock: a wonderful husband. (With thanks to StrandedBrit!)

What you're meant to do is tell your wife about it, have her get excited for it, buy it 'for her' and then you're in business.

You can now edit your message and no one will be the wiser. :lol:

[quote name='StrandedBrit']What you're meant to do is tell your wife about it, have her get excited for it, buy it 'for her' and then you're in business.

You can now edit your message and no one will be the wiser. :lol:[/quote]

Ahhh. Gotcha. ;)

is this just going to be 30 ABBA songs? I mean I like ABBA and all but 5 songs would have been enough. Wish this was DLC instead

Update for 9/10/08 :whistle2:

Fine Young Canibals - She Drives Me Crazy
Flaming Lips, The - Race For The Prize
Natalia - Fragile Not Broken
Natalia - I Survived You
Natalia - Shelter
Natalia - I've Only Begun To Fight
Natalia - I Want You Back
One Love Family - Reggae Music
Simple Plan - Shut Up!
Sister Sledge - Lost In Music
X-Wife - Ping Pong
You Am I - Berlin Chair
You Am I - Purple Sneakers

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Update for 9/10/08 :whistle2:[/quote]

Wow...that's weak. :cry:

In for Flaming Lips (and counting the days until Rock Band 2 comes out).

Yeah, I know that the Singstar songs you purchase are on a list. I've attempted to d/l them around 10-15 times and I've only been able to actually download 12 of the 30.
Its very frustrating.

Songs for the 18th, posted on GAF. Like usual, no guarantee we will get every song, and no guarantee when we'll get them:
* Annie - "My Heartbeat"
* Bros - "I Owe You Nothing"
* Earth Wind & Fire - "Boogie Wonderland"
* Five - "Everybody Get Up"
* Freemasons - "When You Touch Me"
* Goldfrapp - "Ooh La La"
* Judas Priest - "Breaking The Law"
* Kim Wilde - "Kids In America"
* Mark Ronson feat. Phantom Planet - "Just"
* Motorpsycho - "The Other Fool"
* Naughty By Nature - "O.P.P."
* Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "The Ship Song"
* Ryan Cabrera - "On The Way Down"
* Savage Garden – “To the Moon and Back”
* Seal - "Kiss From A Rose"
* Simple Plan - "Welcome To My Life"
* Soulwax - "Caramel"
* The Pigeon Detectives - "This Is An Emergency"
* The Poodles - "Raise The Banner"
* Toploader - "Dancing In The Moonlight"
GAF Post

If Naughty By Nature "O.P.P." makes it over, I'm going insane. I really love that song. I'd love for "Hip Hop Hooray" to also arrive one day.

bread's done
Back