SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

Yes! My PS Eye has finally arrived! :D
I'm gonna upload some vids of yours truly, belting out the ballads in a Singstar game near you tonight! :lol:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just uploaded several SingStar videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgG4wgYKbmE (Hold On)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUk4NYzxwc (All The Small Things)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG38GH8TG2A (Torn)

I sung to "Summertime", but I felt it sucked too bad to post it (I may eventually just for the heck of it.

EDIT: I uploaded Summertime. Finally Vampires Are Alive Uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyt7H2hjxVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJ8PkBk4U8 (Summertime)[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha I wish I had the balls to put my vids up like that. But sadly I dont.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just uploaded several SingStar videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgG4wgYKbmE (Hold On)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUk4NYzxwc (All The Small Things)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG38GH8TG2A (Torn)

I sung to "Summertime", but I felt it sucked too bad to post it (I may eventually just for the heck of it.

EDIT: I uploaded Summertime. Finally Vampires Are Alive Uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyt7H2hjxVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJ8PkBk4U8 (Summertime)[/quote]

:applause:

tmkbl3.jpg

For some reason I thought it was hilarious when you looked back here.
Reminded me of the dramatic prairie dog I think... I need some free time... making a dramatic TMK gif would be AWESOME!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I've just uploaded 3 videos of me singing the biggest pop hits onto my profile online... Enjoy! :D[/QUOTE]I saw them. I need to rate them the next time I get on. I'll upload more videos some time.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Hahahahahaha I wish I had the balls to put my vids up like that. But sadly I dont.[/QUOTE]I definitely do. I don't care what anyone says, since I LOVE SingStar. :D

Hey Double D, there's a .gif floating around CAG of that one video.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/braxor/thtmkshoulder.gif

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I saw them. I need to rate them the next time I get on. I'll upload more videos some time.

I definitely do. I don't care what anyone says, since I LOVE SingStar. :D

Hey Double D, there's a .gif floating around CAG of that one video.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/braxor/thtmkshoulder.gif[/quote]
Sweet...
I was thinking of making it a little differently. I may still do that when I get some free time.

Oh yeah Freaky or anyone else wanting to find netcasty, check the SingStar Hall of Fame section online, and one of the first videos around when the 4/5 rating starts is him. Basically, he's on page 4 of the videos.

I have some videos I want to upload but they bother me because my glasses get way glare-y from my tv. Can't find a way to fix that other than just turning my TV off which, well, I can still get awesome scores but it serves little purpose.

Hmmm.

[quote name='jezebelseven']I have some videos I want to upload but they bother me because my glasses get way glare-y from my tv. Can't find a way to fix that other than just turning my TV off which, well, I can still get awesome scores but it serves little purpose.

Hmmm.[/QUOTE]Well, videos just show you, not the TV screen, so people may not notice.

Did you create your My SingStar Profile, because I didn't see it listed?

[quote name='jezebelseven']I have some videos I want to upload but they bother me because my glasses get way glare-y from my tv. Can't find a way to fix that other than just turning my TV off which, well, I can still get awesome scores but it serves little purpose.

Hmmm.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't it be easier to take your glasses off?

[quote name='pete5883']Wouldn't it be easier to take your glasses off?[/QUOTE]For some people, it may be too hard to see without them. :p

Some may have saw, in the CAG Chat, I played some SingStar.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']For some people, it may be too hard to see without them. :p

Some may have saw, in the CAG Chat, I played some SingStar.[/QUOTE]

A little of column a, a little of column b. I'm just a hair off legally blind in my left eye but I have lyrics memorized for nearly all the songs I play anyhoo, but I'm also way too attached to my glasses to take them off and let people see me without them. I'm weird like that.

My profile is up, a few audios uploaded and a profile pic... dunno why it's not showing up for you, Mana!

[quote name='jezebelseven']A little of column a, a little of column b. I'm just a hair off legally blind in my left eye but I have lyrics memorized for nearly all the songs I play anyhoo, but I'm also way too attached to my glasses to take them off and let people see me without them. I'm weird like that.

My profile is up, a few audios uploaded and a profile pic... dunno why it's not showing up for you, Mana![/QUOTE]I saw your profile now. I rated your video too. ;)

I uploaded two more videos into YouTube, but I'm going to post them in my blog first.

I just got this game, and all I get is feedback... it's been a pretty useless so far. Also, I hate that you have to look in two places when singing, one for the words, and the other for the pitch. In Rock Band the pitch is right on top of the lyric, and the mic has noise reduction. This game sucks.

The Singing in SingStar games has always been different. I actually prefer it over the other methods because it's a lot easier to follow the songs. I mean, you can't HUM a song to win, you actually have to know the words a bit and time it right, which is what I like.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I love this game.
That is all.[/QUOTE]You should read my SingStar blog entry Azu. ;)

Yeah, I gotta say the same thing to. SingStar is the game I've had the most fun with all year. Singing is fun, viewing videos is fun, and even previewing various music is fun.

I want some more Jamiroquai.

BTW, whatever happened to the 50+ songs a month that Sony had promised. I really hope Thursdays update has something enticing to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jazzman']I want some more Jamiroquai.

BTW, whatever happened to the 50+ songs a month that Sony had promised. I really hope Thursdays update has something enticing to purchase.[/QUOTE]Uh, songs aren't exactly updated with the PS Store. There's actually 50+ songs per month, but there's one flaw with the logic, it includes ALL regions (some songs are region locked due to licensing and language barriers, like we wouldn't get a Spanish or German song).

This is what the U.K. is getting. We might get some of the songs and some others:
In English:

Blue - "One Love"
Blur - "Coffee & TV"
Cindy Lauper – “She Bop”
Coldplay - "Fix You"
Culture Club – “Karma Chameleon”
David Bowie - "Absolute Beginners"
Franz Ferdinand – “Do You Wanna”
Franz Ferdinand – “Take Me Out”
Hanna Pakarinen - "Leave Me Alone"
Hard-Fi - "Cash Machine"
Hot Chip – “Over And Over”
OutKast - "Hey Ya!"
Placebo - "Nancy Boy"
Sanna Nielsen - "Empty Room"
Saybia - "The Day After Tomorrow"
Suede – “Beautiful Ones”
Sunrise Ave - "Fairytale Gone Bad"
The Magic Numbers – “This Is A Song”
The Offspring - "Self-Esteem"
The Rasmus - "Chill"
The Rasmus - "In My Life"
The Rasmus - "No Fear"
The Rasmus - "Shot"
The Stone Roses - "She Bangs The Drums"
The Ting Tings - "Great DJ"
The Wombats - "Backfire At The Disco"

In Finnish:

Indica - "Ikuinen Virta"
Kotiteollisuus - "Helvetistä Itään"
Kotiteollisuus - "Tämän Taivaan Alla"

In French:

Luke - "Hasta siempre"
Tina Arena - "Aller plus haut"

In German:

Falco - "Out Of The Dark"
Helge Schneider - "Käsebrot"
Jumpy & Mungo Jerry - "In Der Winterzeit"

In Italian:

Anna Oxa - "Senza Pietà"
Velvet - "Funzioni Primarie"

In Portuguese:

Da Weasel - "Dialectos da Ternura"

In Swedish:

Barbados - "Världen Utanför"
Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - "Vem É Dé Du Vill Ha"
Roger Pontare - "När Vindarna Viskar Mitt Namn"
Sanna Nielsen - "Empty Room"
Euro PS3 forums

Let me say, some of these are Volume 1 songs because Europe just got Volume 2. And there's a good chance we'll get some songs the U.K. already has. I just posted this because we may get something from it.

I just posted what I saw U.K. was getting. Sometimes, we get a few songs they do, along with others they might have already gotten. Once I see the news, I'll post.

it seems like there's a lot of songs in the singstore that were on the PS2 games. which is great if you only have the PS3 version, but since i have the older versions it kinda sucks when an update contains a handful of songs that i technically already have.

[quote name='bendeco45']it seems like there's a lot of songs in the singstore that were on the PS2 games. which is great if you only have the PS3 version, but since i have the older versions it kinda sucks when an update contains a handful of songs that i technically already have.[/QUOTE]I kind of disagree there, since I actually want to see more PS2 songs on PS3, yet I'm seeing mostly newer songs update (It seems like we get 1-2 PS2 songs max per update). But I dunno, that's how I see it.

At least it isn't like KR: American Idol Encore, which ONLY adds old music.

Wonder what were getting...
Just a note: the more people playing the better. I've had a few parties and we Singstarred for HOURS. TONS of fun.

This is todays update y'all...me thinks.

Blue - One Love
Blur - Coffee & TV
Coldplay - Fix You
Hanna Pakarien - Leave Me Alone
The Offspring - Self-Esteem
The Rasmus - Chill
The Rasmus - In My Life
The Rasmus - No Fear
The Rasmus - Shot
Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
Sunrise Ave - Fairytale Gone Bad
The Ting Tings - Great DJ
The Wombats - Backfire At The Disco

...well, at least we have more Coldplay! :D

Sweet. That Coffee & TV video was great, I'll probably end up getting that.

I'll have to check the rest out. More Ting Tings is good.

Edit: I can't really complain although being British I think I'm more into what they do put up, but like Rock Band I don't like most of the stuff they put up but at least they do put up stuff regularly.

[quote name='mykevermin']Does any region have "Girls & Boys"?[/QUOTE]

is there a way to get it from another region anyhow? these updates are awful. i wish the dlc wasn't all so UK focused. I haven't heard of 75% of the artists on the online store and about 90% of the artists i do know, i wouldn't want anyhow.

yeah - I'm a bit disappointed in the updates. Wish is was more "US-centric" songs. But at least they are updating regularly with a good amount of songs each time so I can't really complain. I think I've bought like 10 or 15 songs now so there's still plenty more I'd like to get that are already available.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']This is todays update y'all...me thinks.

Blur - Coffee & TV
Coldplay - Fix You
The Wombats - Backfire At The Disco
[/QUOTE]

YES YES YES WOMBATS ARE LOVE :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Still want Girls & Boys (UK does have it, myke), too, but I'm ridiculously happy for the wombats to come over here!

[quote name='bigdsinferno']is there a way to get it from another region anyhow? these updates are awful. i wish the dlc wasn't all so UK focused. I haven't heard of 75% of the artists on the online store and about 90% of the artists i do know, i wouldn't want anyhow.[/QUOTE]I started watching videos and learned more about music that way. The game is more European centric, which explains why we get music for them mostly (SingStar is gaining popularity here, but still far from being Europe level).

I heard that songs by Queen, there does seem to be problems licensing it for the states.

More The Ting Tings is great to hear. :D

Has anyone had SingStar Store issues lately? I try logging on, and either I can't get online, or everything moves at a crawl. It worked fine for me, for a while.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'm not playing Singstar again until they release I Believe in a Thing Called Love in the states. fuck the UK.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer that song to be on Rock Band but I sure would enjoy singing falsetto.

I wouldn't point the finger at the Brits...unless they're making all the US' decisions.

And why does Rock Band consistently deliver whereas SingStar fails to grab my attention for the last 2 months (I have ~15 DLC)? They should at least release new songs every week because waiting 2 weeks for crappy songs is very disappointing.

[quote name='evergoo']I'd prefer that song to be on Rock Band but I sure would enjoy singing falsetto.

I wouldn't point the finger at the Brits...unless they're making all the US' decisions.

And why does Rock Band consistently deliver whereas SingStar fails to grab my attention for the last 2 months (I have ~15 DLC)? They should at least release new songs every week because waiting 2 weeks for crappy songs is very disappointing.[/QUOTE]I'm kind of the opposite. SingStar continues keeping me more interested since I just haven't found the DLC in Rock Band to be very appealing (still love the game and the music on the disc, but I really struggle finding music I like, but then again I'm not really big into most rock music (I like Pop, R&B, Rap, Duet, etc.)). With SingStar, I'm still far from downloading all the songs I like, and I've downloaded like 23 songs before.

The big difference is SingStar mostly gets European songs since the game is made in Europe (I mean, SCEE London is putting this together, SCEA really doesn't have the influence), while RB mostly gets U.S. since it was made in the U.S. Many songs I like on SingStar, I actually never heard of. I just watched all the preview videos and actually found pretty good songs that way.

We should all be lucky we are getting an update every two weeks, because when SingStar came out at the end of last year in Europe, there was ZERO updates for months and very little added. Didn't start picking it up until a month or two before the U.S. release.

Singstar needs to hurry it up with the song downloads. I would like it if they did 3 high profile songs a week like Rock Band. Most of the songs that come out from week to week are pretty obscure.

[quote name='jling84']Singstar needs to hurry it up with the song downloads. I would like it if they did 3 high profile songs a week like Rock Band. Most of the songs that come out from week to week are pretty obscure.[/QUOTE]I know there's some songs they have had issues with licensing here (like Queen for an example). But like I said, the music does come from the choice of SCEE London.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Does Gamestop take Singstar and the two mics for trade-in?[/QUOTE]Yes they do, because I've seen used SingStar mics before.

Also, I'll admit that I never heard of DJ BoBo for an example, but when I saw the video to 'Vampires are alive", I thought it seemed quite interesting so I purchased it. It ended up being one of my favorite songs too. Many songs I like have come that way.

I've been pretty happy with the selection so far. Lets remember it's only been a month so far. Comparing it to Rock Band isn't really completely fair right now, although I'll say this .... if I wasn't in a game-sharing group I wouldn't have bought even half the stuff I have for rockband.

Here's a question though, for all those who say the selection is thin. What do you guys want to see on there?

bread's done
Back