SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Which ones?[/quote]Good Vibrations, something by the Vines and I forgot what else.

Does anybody know of any way to get songs off the UK store? I can add them to my cart, but beyond that there's no way to add funds.

Yeah really, as I would really like to download Poison by Alice Cooper. I don't see how foreign language songs are available in our store, but we can't download English songs that are only available in other regions.

On that note, Perro Traidor and Augen Auf are fun foreign language songs that I did download and try out.

finally got my copy in the mail today, and it does not seem to support my rockband mic.

how much are used mics at places like GS / GC?

[quote name='DeskLaser']On that note, Perro Traidor and Augen Auf are fun foreign language songs that I did download and try out.[/QUOTE]We downloaded 99 Luftballoons. Big mistake.

Finally played it. Sucks that I can only buy 15 songs at once, but I'm downloading 15 songs right now.

Took me a little time to get use to it on PS3, but I absolutely love it. Easier to sing to the songs compared to Karaoke Revolution.

Got my copy today and I've been spending all my time looking at community videos. Any find anything good out there?

I've seen CheapyD, Jeff Gerstmann, Lara Croft, a storm trooper, a ghostbuster, Jack Sparrow, and some other good videos.

Oh alright, the community features in this game a very interesting. Might just pick this one up (if I find a deal) but there's no way in hell I'm posting vids of myself singing :lol:

The only thing the online stuff needs is a quick search for the username listings and a favorites option, so you can save your favorites to view at any time.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Finally got it last night and it's awesome!

Also dropped $20 extra on dlc within an hour of playing. :cry:[/QUOTE]I dropped $22.35. Still playing it right now.

[quote name='CheapyD']Other singstarers please send me a friend invite!
"CheapyD"[/quote]

Done and done.

And man, some of you guys are rookies. I've spent over $50 already.

[quote name='terribledeli']Done and done.

And man, some of you guys are rookies. I've spent over $50 already.[/QUOTE]I'm trying to keep my spending as low as possible. If I didn't control myself, I would have spent over $70. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I've seen CheapyD, Jeff Gerstmann, Lara Croft, a storm trooper, a ghostbuster, Jack Sparrow, and some other good videos.[/QUOTE]

What about the 'ghoulies' puppet singing the Ramones?

Nice, my mics finally arrived and I got to fire this up (and download a few songs).

Sadly the Wikipedia link on page 1 includes songs that aren't available on the American singstore (perhaps it's listing the British or Euro singstore?) Anyway, no Depeche Mode and no Erasure, both of which I was looking to download.

Ah well, the interface is still quite awesome so I won't complain. Worth the wait!

[quote name='Cmoore58']amazon.com has them on sale for 32.99[/quote]

I saw that, and I have prime, but I'd feel like a schmuck paying $33 when there have been eye of judgement deals for the same price, albeit not in a long while.

[quote name='lbradeen']I saw that, and I have prime, but I'd feel like a schmuck paying $33 when there have been eye of judgement deals for the same price, albeit not in a long while.[/QUOTE]

I am just using my Xbox Live Vision Cam...a lot of cheap PC cameras should work too.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'll be getting this in about a half hour. I'm having a bunch of friends over too, so it should be a blast!!![/QUOTE]Just wanted to say, sorry, I got your Katamari invite on XBL, but could not play since I had a friend over keeping me busy (I was just showing him the game). I was suppose to put up my busy, but forgot.

Anyway, just played more SingStar today. I'm getting the hang of the best way to sing many of the songs, so I'm getting much better now. There's still a few songs I really want. I'm kind of struggling with the rap songs, but I'll figure it out.

I'm sooooo tempted to get this. My choir teacher wants me singing all summer to speed up the changing of my voice, so I have a good excuse for it.

I could use my sister's PS2 mics on it, right?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Correctamundo![/quote]

Guess I'll have to trade burnout into hastings and pick it up then!

Kinda pissed that we don't get radiohead though.

This game is terrific! My friends and I had a blast. I can't wait to buy a crapload of the DLC songs...
The List Of Songs I want looks like this:

Duran Duran- Rio
Duran Duran- Planet Earth
Duran Duran- Hungry Like The Wolf
Duran Duran- Is There Something I Should Know
Coldplay- Yellow
Coldplay- The Hardest Part (and all the other coldplay songs)
Corinne Bailey Rae- Like A Star
Corinne Bailey Rae- I'd Like To
Queen- Don't Stop Me Now
Billy Joel- Uptown Girl
Billy Joel- We Didn't Start The Fire
Billy Joel- Piano Man
The Clash- Should I Stay or Should I Go
Blu Cantrall- Hit 'Em Up Style
Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Boston- More Than A Feeling
The Dandy Warhols- We Used To Be Friends (VERONICA MARS THEME!!!)
Editors- Munich
Editors- Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors
The Fray- How To Save A Life
KT Tunstall- Suddenly I See
Whitney Houston- I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Spice Girls- Wannabe

[quote name='Azumangaman']This game is terrific! My friends and I had a blast. I can't wait to buy a crapload of the DLC songs...
The List Of Songs I want looks like this:

Duran Duran- Rio
Duran Duran- Planet Earth
Duran Duran- Hungry Like The Wolf
Duran Duran- Is There Something I Should Know
Coldplay- Yellow
Coldplay- The Hardest Part (and all the other coldplay songs)
Corinne Bailey Rae- Like A Star
Corinne Bailey Rae- I'd Like To
Queen- Don't Stop Me Now
Billy Joel- Uptown Girl
Billy Joel- We Didn't Start The Fire
Billy Joel- Piano Man
The Clash- Should I Stay or Should I Go
Blu Cantrall- Hit 'Em Up Style
Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Boston- More Than A Feeling
The Dandy Warhols- We Used To Be Friends (VERONICA MARS THEME!!!)
Editors- Munich
Editors- Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors
The Fray- How To Save A Life
KT Tunstall- Suddenly I See
Whitney Houston- I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Spice Girls- Wannabe[/QUOTE]It's funny because I bought the opposite Duran Duran songs (mostly because I played The Reflex and Ordinary World a lot on DDR games). ;)

Yeah, the game is terrific and glad to see more people taking notice with SingStar on PS3. :D

Just had to pop in here and let TMK and SB know that we fully expect you guys to upload uber-embarassing karaoke videos for all of CAG to see!!! Or at least Team MI..

Having a great time singing w/ my gf even though I always lose in battles. The online videos are also hilarious and adorable.

Being a bad lyricist, I'm still trying to adapt to the pitch being further away from the lyrics (unlike Rock Band).

Below are my quick impressions of each DLC song (top 5 in bold). I hope this helps others as well as encourage others to do the same.

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart (most emotional song I've played)
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (this song is obligatory for all)
Don McLean - American Pie (definitely my fave song; too bad it's a shortened version)
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds (another very emotional song; MV needs to be a live performance)
The Fray - How To Save A Life (same as above)
Len - Steal My Sunshine (broken down into male and female vocals; excellent for couples)
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This (entire song is in rap mode; soooo hard yet still fun)
Meredith Brooks - Bitch (chorus is very catchy)
Mr. Big - To Be With You (great song throughout)
Spice Girls - Wannabe (you might run out of breath; at least my gf and I did)

So, what songs does everyone have their top scores on? Mine are:

1. R.E.M. "Losing my Religion"
2. Blinx "All The Small Things"
3. Duran Duran "Ordinary World"
4. Duran Duran "The Reflex"
5. OutKast "Hey Ya"

I also did surprisingly good on Brittany Spears "Baby One More Time". :D

I wonder if there's an error on the SingStore list, since I do not see "Heaven Is a Place on Earth". I really want that song too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlgN5GJlTOE

Sadly haven't had too much time yet, but .....

Everybody Hurts - REM
She Cries Again - Beth Orton
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time

Top 3 songs scorewise.

To warn everyone, there seems to be an issue with the SingStar store freezing at times, where you have to power down your PS3 pressing the power button to reset the game (since you can't even press the PS Button). It has happened to me and others at the PS3 forums.

Finally some Avril!

Anyway (cough), I'll try and update the OP with all downloadable songs sometime in the future. Might take a while though!

EDIT: Full list of SingStore songs in the OP. I'll try and update on a regular basis.

damn I bet they'll never add people like Albert King, B.B. King and Z.Z. Hill.. damn I need a Singstar blues version... or perhaps rock band could add these guys.. one day.

played it for the first time last night. i went through a few of the songs that come with the game...

DMB - Crash
Killers - Mr. Brightside
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin

Crash was by far the easiest of the 3. Mr. Brightside and Don't Feel Like Dancin were tough as i didn't know all the words. i killed the falsetto in Don't Feel Like Dancin though :)

i downloaded 4 songs before i went to bed, but the GF was asleep and i didn't want to wake her when i was rocking out. i'll be give them a try tonight though...

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
David Bowie - Life On Mars?
Duran Duran - The Reflex
Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind

songs that i considered getting, but decided to pass on:

Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
David Lee Roth - Just A Gigolo - I Ain't Got Nobody
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Faith No More - Easy (if they had the Commodores' version i woulda pulled the trigger)
Fray, The - How To Save A Life
Golden Earring - Radar Love
KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
Radiohead - High And Dry
Toto - Hold The Line

like others have said, there's a potential to drop some coin on this DLC, so i have to try and keep my spending in check. there are several songs in the store that are available in the older games though, so i have them already, but i'd have to fire up the PS2 to play them. it'd be nice to have them all on the same game/system, but not enough to justify paying for them again.

i wonder if they're going to release more discs, or if everything will end up being DLC.

it's almost better that way, cause there's usually 5-10 songs on each disc that i have no desire to sing, so why pay $40 for the game when you can download 20 songs for less than that anyways.

i was disappointed that they never released a Singstar:Ballads for the PS2. i saw a British version, but it never made it to the States.

this game is awesome.
My current top three scores are for:

Joy Division: Love Will Tear Us Apart
Suede: Beautiful Ones
David Bowie: Life on Mars

I am almost there with Editors' "Munich"

Fun fun game. The wife and pals love battling each other. Finally, something we can all play!

Picked it up this morning. Enjoying it so far but wished there were more songs included from the get go. Hope those PSN cards come out soon

bread's done
Back