SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

I've been looking into a music / rhythm game and really wanted Rock Band, but you guys are making me think I should just go this route. I enjoy singing and only want Rock Band for the drums (I have Guitar Hero II for 360), but I have an electric drum kit already so I'm not sure I need all that setup.

I assume Singstar is a good party game? Also, do I need the PS Eye for the cam or can I use something different (like my XBox Cam) or original Eye Toy cam?

Since I was able to check friend's of friend's list, I saw Cheapy's video. ;) I enjoyed watching it.

I'll upload more videos which are more exciting (I was a bit serious with the one I uploaded).

What is everyone's overall thoughts of this game? Is it worth it? Any regrets?
I've been looking for a good karaoke game and this one seems right up my alley. I'm just looking for something that will be fun at parties or just to play on a weekend with my wife.

[quote name='CAG 79']What is everyone's overall thoughts of this game? Is it worth it? Any regrets?
I've been looking for a good karaoke game and this one seems right up my alley. I'm just looking for something that will be fun at parties or just to play on a weekend with my wife.[/QUOTE]IMO, this is the perfect one. Awesome online community, great music, and easy to get into especially if you love music.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']IMO, this is the perfect one. Awesome online community, great music, and easy to get into especially if you love music.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks.

Getting seriously aggravated with this game; the night I got it, I began downloading a bunch of tracks but didn't have time to finish. Since then, I have not been able to connect to the Singstar store, despite being able to log in as normal on PSN. Just repeated timeouts, with error codes like UE 2-10 and SS4. Anyone else encounter this?

As much as I love the songs available, I want to download new songs. I'm paying through my dads CC which is fine, but SingStar online is SO DAMN slow for me and freezes all the time. Its crazy.

As for highest score:

HARD:
Coldplay-Clocks

[quote name='Azumangaman']As much as I love the songs available, I want to download new songs. I'm paying through my dads CC which is fine, but SingStar online is SO DAMN slow for me and freezes all the time. Its crazy.

As for highest score:

HARD:
Coldplay-Clocks
6972[/QUOTE]Yeah, the online freezes at times, or else I have those times it will just keep loading (so I exit back to the main menu).

Yeah, there are a bunch of awesome songs. :D I hope you upload some songs you sung to (you can keep it to where only friends can hear it, which is what I do).

just got the game, I guess I should've read what songs were on the disk before I hit the store, I bought blind melon from the store! damn, thats a waste of $1.49. oh well. As for the game itself I'll wait til the mrs plays it to give the final rating but as of now, so far so good. The online videos are pretty funny as well.

[quote name='ZipGun47']Getting seriously aggravated with this game; the night I got it, I began downloading a bunch of tracks but didn't have time to finish. Since then, I have not been able to connect to the Singstar store, despite being able to log in as normal on PSN. Just repeated timeouts, with error codes like UE 2-10 and SS4. Anyone else encounter this?[/QUOTE]

Im having the same problem.

[quote name='CAG 79']Im having the same problem.[/QUOTE]I think there's a serious issue right now, because I had more issues today than usual. Maybe try back tomorrow.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, the online freezes at times, or else I have those times it will just keep loading (so I exit back to the main menu).

Yeah, there are a bunch of awesome songs. :D I hope you upload some songs you sung to (you can keep it to where only friends can hear it, which is what I do).[/quote]

Yeah, I uploaded Beautiful Day, Clocks and Back to Black. Its not my highest score Clocks performance though. And they're only audio.

And Mana, how do I view your performances? I don't know how to find any of my friends stuff...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah, I uploaded Beautiful Day, Clocks and Back to Black. Its not my highest score Clocks performance though. And they're only audio.

And Mana, how do I view your performances? I don't know how to find any of my friends stuff...[/QUOTE]Go under the SingStar community stuff, and say you want to view others in the SingStar community (forgot the exact name). Once you see a list of people, press triangle to view your friends. By doing so, you can view friends of friends stuff too.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I think there's a serious issue right now, because I had more issues today than usual. Maybe try back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I actually think it has to do with the wireless connection because once I plugged in the ethernet cable, I downloaded the songs without any problems or disconnects. Afterwards I went back to wireless and I connected just fine so it might have just been an issue with Singstar Store.

Edit: This game is awesome btw. Just what I was looking for.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I think there's a serious issue right now, because I had more issues today than usual. Maybe try back tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, last night the online was just junk. I tried to get some more songs and it wouldn't let me purchase. Previews took like minutes to come up too.

Doesn't seem to be all that much better right now. I signed in to PSN no problem, but if the login to Singstar works, it takes a few minutes...
I'll keep trying, because I really want to buy these songs.

[quote name='kleptoix']just got the game, I guess I should've read what songs were on the disk before I hit the store, I bought blind melon from the store! damn, thats a waste of $1.49. oh well. As for the game itself I'll wait til the mrs plays it to give the final rating but as of now, so far so good. The online videos are pretty funny as well.[/quote]It warns you if the song is on the disc :roll:

[quote name='TimPV3']It warns you if the song is on the disc :roll:[/QUOTE]

hmm, I must've missed the warning too. when and where do they warn you? damn I dont know what I was thinking. Should've just bought whitney houston! oh well, you live and learn.

So I just uploaded some videos and I have to say I LOVE this aspect of the game. I can't wait till I can convince more people to come over and play this. Rock band needs to get this feature!

Just got this game. Boy do I suck. Lol. Oh well. I'll see about trying to upload a video or two. I tried finding Cheapy but going through the list of C took forever so I gave up and just watch Mana.
Added a couple of videos and pictures. Damn I suck. Oh well. It's pretty fun, well worth the money. If anybody knows, how do you change your name for uploaded videos, from Player 1 Player 2?

anyone know where to get wireless microphones for this game?

it looks like they're using wireless microphones in the intro to the game, but a quick search at amazon turns up nothing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All microphones are wired right now. Making them wireless would increase costs right now.[/QUOTE]
thanks Mana, maybe with the next PS3 version that comes out they'll have them, but i doubt it.

it's stupid that they'd put that in the intro to the game when they're not even available.

According to js1 in the PSN Cards thread, it appears Meijer may have gotten them in; therefore, I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. If people have trouble finding them, I might be willing to help some out, but we'll see.

Ummm...I beginning to hate this game.
I love the actual game,
but the Singstore...
It hates me.
It won't let me download anything. It has froze EVERY single time (I've tried 30+ times).

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ummm...I beginning to hate this game.
I love the actual game,
but the Singstore...
It hates me.
It won't let me download anything. It has froze EVERY single time (I've tried 30+ times).[/QUOTE]Weird, because I don't seem to have issues anymore, but then again, I try not to stay long. I just try aiming for what I want and buy quickly.

it froze on me the first time i tried to access it, which was about 2 weeks ago. i then logged back in immediately after rebooting the system, and successfully downloaded 4 songs. i've only gone into the store once since then, about a week ago, and i had no problem browsing for about 5-10 minutes.

hopefully they get whatever issues they have cleared up, and you can start downloading songs, Azumangaman.

the only issue that i really had was that the downloads took FOREVER. it shouldn't take 45 minutes to download 4 songs.

Finally got to play this today since my PS3 arrived. Pretty fun game, downloaded 5 songs for now. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with slow downloads, was thinking it might be my end at first. Don't have any videos/pictures yet but feel free to add me!

I...
almost fell in love...
With the Singstar store.

I bought 9 songs.
None of them downloaded. They stopped downloading because there was an ENORMOUS thunderstorm.
Something really weird happened. The video just disappeared for the PS3. Everything is still plugged in and you can still hear everything. But no video. So I can't d/l the Singstar songs (they're in my Queue).

Oh well, I do have to study all week anyway (EXAMS!)

[quote name='Cmoore58']there are more songs in the singstar store there are now 239[/quote]

Yeah I just noticed today, so I'll update the OP soon.

Ok so I'm happy.
I managed to purchase 22 songs.
'Cept they're all downloading.
Is there any way to check the download progress?

It has said "1 0f 22" at the bottom of the screen for a while now...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that "the bottom of the screen" part is exactly where the progress shows :D
Its now 3 of 30 :p

I LOVE the Singstore. It works incredibly well now.
I also love Sing Star

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ok so I'm happy.
I managed to purchase 22 songs.
'Cept they're all downloading.
Is there any way to check the download progress?

It has said "1 0f 22" at the bottom of the screen for a while now...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that "the bottom of the screen" part is exactly where the progress shows :D
Its now 3 of 30 :p

I LOVE the Singstore. It works incredibly well now.
I also love Sing Star[/QUOTE]You buy WAY too many songs. :p But I can understand, because the music is so great in the game. Personally, I'm a big fan of more traditional music (which I normally hear on radio stations or music I grew up with) along with the music videos in the background, and it's what SingStar provides.

It was a buildup. And I had no idea so many great songs are in Singstar.
Only 5 downloaded, and Singstar was mad at me, I'll have to retry to d/l the rest of them.

I know there are some good songs in the list already but has anyone heard about us getting Crystal Kay to download? She's J-Pop but she IS a Sony artist and has some great songs.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']There seems to be a stealth update on the SingStar store. I say that because I noticed Avril Lavigne "Complicated" is up.[/QUOTE]

Both of her songs (Complicated and My Happy Ending) were up the day of the 6/13 update. I think some others were also new to the US Store but not listed as NEW b/c these songs were already up in Europe.

[quote name='evergoo']Both of her songs (Complicated and My Happy Ending) were up the day of the 6/13 update. I think some others were also new to the US Store but not listed as NEW b/c these songs were already up in Europe.[/QUOTE]Well, they were never up before in the U.S. store, since I don't look at new songs (I usually look at all songs). Kind of weird.

I still want to know what happened to "Heaven Is A Place On Earth", because I'd download that right now.

Are any of the videos in HD? Do they plan on releasing them in HD? Do other regions have different songs available that we don't?

[quote name='jazzman']Are any of the videos in HD? Do they plan on releasing them in HD? Do other regions have different songs available that we don't?[/QUOTE]One video is HD. I thought the main reason videos were not in HD was to save space, but I'm thinking many of the songs may not have a native HD video (due to being old).

[quote name='jazzman']Are any of the videos in HD? Do they plan on releasing them in HD? Do other regions have different songs available that we don't?[/quote]Oh yes. UK has atleast 40 songs on us, maybe more after the recent updates. Off the top of my head I can remember Alice Cooper and the Darkness.

Finally got the this - my second PS3 game! I am totally loving it. Buying the same song in Rock band and SingStar hurts a little, but it's nice to have the choice.

Does anyone know if any of the songs in the store are country or if we can expect country songs in the future? My mom wants me to get some songs she'd recognize.

Bought:

A-ha - "Take On Me"
Blue Öyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
The Clash - "Should I Stay Or Should I Go"
Elvis Presley - "Suspicious Minds"
David Bowie - Heroes
Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
Len - Summertime
MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
The Monkees - "Daydream Believer"
R.E.M. - "Stand"
Radiohead - Creep
Roy Orbison - "Oh, Pretty Woman"
Roy Orbison - Only the Lonely
Spice Girls - Wannabe

Want to Buy:

Buzzcocks - "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You shouldn't've)?"
Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Belinda Carlise - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Don McLean - American Pie
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Roy Orbison - Crying
Run DMC - It's Tricky
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Survivor - "Eye Of The Tiger"

Is anyone else finding that actually downloading the songs is much more difficult than actually buying them? I bought 30 last week, and its taken me an entire week to d/l 10 of them.
Its because the SINGSTAR server sucks so much.
Damn.
Still love the game though.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Is anyone else finding that actually downloading the songs is much more difficult than actually buying them? I bought 30 last week, and its taken me an entire week to d/l 10 of them.
Its because the SINGSTAR server sucks so much.
Damn.
Still love the game though.[/QUOTE]Well, I bought three songs yesterday and it took me around 5-10 minutes to download all.

That sucks to hear because when I bought 15 songs, it took me like an hour at the most to download all (I think). However, I have Verizon FiOS internet (which is pretty high speed).

bread's done
Back