SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

I just picked this up last night for $53 at Costco (I missed out on the GS deal) and so far I love it! The Singstar online stuff is pretty slick, and I bought 11 songs last night and didn't have a single issue with the store. It took about 20 mins to download them all.

The one thing I don't understand is the availabilty of certain songs, or lack of. I would love to get Fix You by Coldplay, or Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz, as they were removed from the USA release. They should have these songs on the store!

[quote name='riggy469']I just picked this up last night for $53 at Costco (I missed out on the GS deal) and so far I love it! The Singstar online stuff is pretty slick, and I bought 11 songs last night and didn't have a single issue with the store. It took about 20 mins to download them all.

The one thing I don't understand is the availabilty of certain songs, or lack of. I would love to get Fix You by Coldplay, or Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz, as they were removed from the USA release. They should have these songs on the store![/QUOTE]It could have been a last minute licensing issue in the U.S. I remember that's what kind of held up the SingStar release in Europe. Thankfully the U.S. had to wait a few months for it, since it allowed the SingStar store to build (when it came out in Europe, there were only a few songs or so to download).

Not sure if people have seen (this is mostly Europe, but has many of the same songs) this:
http://singstargame.com/en-gb/Browse-Songs-Home/SingStore/?lang=EN&filter=

You can preview various songs online on that site.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Is anyone else finding that actually downloading the songs is much more difficult than actually buying them? I bought 30 last week, and its taken me an entire week to d/l 10 of them.
Its because the SINGSTAR server sucks so much.
Damn.
Still love the game though.[/quote]

Yeah, I downloaded around 10 songs last week and it took me quite a few hours on cable, not as bad as you but still slow. Sounds like it's gotten faster from the previous posts, though I haven't bought any songs recently to see.

Got around 9000 points on medium with Radiohead - Creep which was pretty cool, though it's not too hard of a song. Haven't tried hard yet, I think I need to work on medium a bit more.

Oh man, I'd been putting off buying Singstar for ps3 because I'd been having so much fun with vocals on rock band and had a lot of the old singstars...

And I made the mistake of looking at this thread and the DLC which I hadn't looked at yet.

SO MANY OF MY FAVORITE BANDS. Ash. Feeder. Editors. Idlewild. Kasabian. Stereophonics. ALKDJALJLKD.

I hadn't even realized. I figured those would be for european countries only seeing as some of the bands aren't even signed over here in the states. I would pay absolutely ludicrous amounts of money for those bands on Rock Band, but I might have to break down for singstar anyway!

Now I just don't know whether I should look into getting the UK version instead-- there's songs on the disc that I want from both the US and the UK versions!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I bought three songs yesterday and it took me around 5-10 minutes to download all.

That sucks to hear because when I bought 15 songs, it took me like an hour at the most to download all (I think). However, I have Verizon FiOS internet (which is pretty high speed).[/quote]
What is your speed according to your PS3? Mine usually runs at 53% because my PS3 is in the basement.
It's annoying because the PSN store works quickly but the Singstar server is brutal. I just need to find the right time. Once I found the right time and downloaded 5 songs in about 25 minutes. Which was wonderful.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It could have been a last minute licensing issue in the U.S. I remember that's what kind of held up the SingStar release in Europe. Thankfully the U.S. had to wait a few months for it, since it allowed the SingStar store to build (when it came out in Europe, there were only a few songs or so to download).

Not sure if people have seen (this is mostly Europe, but has many of the same songs) this:
http://singstargame.com/en-gb/Browse-Songs-Home/SingStore/?lang=EN&filter=

You can preview various songs online on that site.[/quote]
If you replace the gb in your link with us, the US store will appear even though it is not an option from any menu.
http://singstargame.com/en-us/Browse-Songs-Home/SingStore/

[quote name='jezebelseven']Oh man, I'd been putting off buying Singstar for ps3 because I'd been having so much fun with vocals on rock band and had a lot of the old singstars...

And I made the mistake of looking at this thread and the DLC which I hadn't looked at yet.

SO MANY OF MY FAVORITE BANDS. Ash. Feeder. Editors. Idlewild. Kasabian. Stereophonics. ALKDJALJLKD.

I hadn't even realized. I figured those would be for european countries only seeing as some of the bands aren't even signed over here in the states. I would pay absolutely ludicrous amounts of money for those bands on Rock Band, but I might have to break down for singstar anyway!

Now I just don't know whether I should look into getting the UK version instead-- there's songs on the disc that I want from both the US and the UK versions![/QUOTE]This link has the U.S. version:
http://singstargame.com/en-us/Browse-Songs-Home/SingStore/

Let me be honest, I use to play RB daily, but once I got SingStar, it took over (RB is still great, but since I prefer the music in SingStar, it's now what I play most). It's an excellent game, but in reality, there may be issues purchasing songs from Europe (you can have songs listed from all regions I believe, if you do the right searching, since I got Spanish and German songs to come up on the SingStar store).
[quote name='Azumangaman']What is your speed according to your PS3? Mine usually runs at 53% because my PS3 is in the basement.
It's annoying because the PSN store works quickly but the Singstar server is brutal. I just need to find the right time. Once I found the right time and downloaded 5 songs in about 25 minutes. Which was wonderful.[/QUOTE]I'll take a look, but part of the reason for the actual PS Store running quicker is that some data is cached to the HDD I believe (and your not really getting on some special server like SingStar store, could be wrong).

Well, my PS3 is hardwired though, since mine SKU lacks WiFi (which is one reason why I want a 40GB or another SKU for my next PS3). :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This link has the U.S. version:
http://singstargame.com/en-us/Browse-Songs-Home/SingStore/[/quote]

Thanks for that. There's still a good amount of tracks I want but I have to say I have MAJOR disappointment that these tracks are Euro/Uk only:
Blur - Girls and Boys
Coldplay - The Hardest Part
Coldplay - The Scientist
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Depeche Mode - Break the Silence
Idlewild - You Held the World in your Arms
Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
Men at work - Down Under
Placebo - Every you every me
silverchair - tomorrow
Travis - Sing

If I could find a way to get those I would be overjoyed. It especially breaks my heart for most of those because the band has other songs available for the US, just these select few (the select few I was more interested in!) don't appear to be. :(

That being said there are still at least 35 tracks to download that I'd personally call 'must haves' for myself. Compared to the 48 which I had picked out earlier going off the UK list. (Yes, I am a karaoke fiend.)

Has anyone purchased with success (ie been able to play) any of the european songs?

Let me be honest, I use to play RB daily, but once I got SingStar, it took over (RB is still great, but since I prefer the music in SingStar, it's now what I play most).

I think the reason RB has been my poison of choice is because it's perfect for both Adman and I-- He doesn't do the singing thing, so it meant we could play together and that any DLC purchased was useful for both of us, versus when I buy a singstar song all he gets is another song for me to sing and him to listen to.

Ugh the temptation, this game is going to make me broke even without some of those uk tracks. Really wish there was a way to import songs you've already got on the ps2 versions, I've got some of the UK and some of the US ones, stopped buying them when ps3 was announced...

Oh yeah, to let you know, I do believe we have gotten some of the U.K. tracks before after a while, so you'll never know. ;) We'll continue to update this thread. :D

I think I'm going to go pick up this game today, I got bored with Singstar Pop for PS2 and I want to sing new songs... how much space approximately does a downloadable song use on the hard drive?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I think I'm going to go pick up this game today, I got bored with Singstar Pop for PS2 and I want to sing new songs... how much space approximately does a downloadable song use on the hard drive?[/quote]70MB on average. I'd definitely recommend getting this, I went back to playing Pop last night and the new Singstar is a lot more visually appealing.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I think I'm going to go pick up this game today, I got bored with Singstar Pop for PS2 and I want to sing new songs... how much space approximately does a downloadable song use on the hard drive?[/QUOTE]This game is way better than the other SingStar's. The other ones, all you had were the default songs on the disk and that's it. This one, you get tons of downloads, and the SingStar community. Just watching SingStar community videos is worth it alone. Plus, you can watch my video. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This game is way better than the other SingStar's. The other ones, all you had were the default songs on the disk and that's it. This one, you get tons of downloads, and the SingStar community. Just watching SingStar community videos is worth it alone. Plus, you can watch my video. ;)[/QUOTE]
O rly?! :D

Haha, I went out to buy it today... I have yet to play it, but I know the first songs I'll download is Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart, MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This, and maybe a Coldplay song. :)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']O rly?! :D

Haha, I went out to buy it today... I have yet to play it, but I know the first songs I'll download is Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart, MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This, and maybe a Coldplay song. :)[/QUOTE]The only video of me up is singing R.E.M. "Losing My Religion". I plan to post videos after my trip of me singing "Vampires Are Alive" by DJ Bobo (this is the song, but not the real video), and others.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only video of me up is singing R.E.M. "Losing My Religion". I plan to post videos after my trip of me singing "Vampires Are Alive" by DJ Bobo (this is the song, but not the real video), and others.[/QUOTE]

I still need to buy myself a PS Eye... I've always been meaning to buy one, but I'm always forgetting to buy one when I'm out shopping. I guess I should be going the Amazon route and order one already! ;)

[quote name='Azumangaman']According to the Singstar Online Welcome screen, new songs are coming on the 27th. More Coldplay please?[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that today also. I'll be updating the OP probably over the weekend. Interested to see what we get.

On another note, I finally got my first singstar today (on east mind you). It was on Everybody Hurts - REM. :D

I got over 8000 points for the first time today, singing "Vampires Are Alive" by D.J. Bobo. :D I'll get more as I buy more music that suits me.

Haha, I was going through videos, and there was someone singing REM, "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me", and what his video was a broken Xbox 360, that was flashing the Red Ring of Death and the DVD drive kept ejecting over and over again. :lol:

Call me crazy, or insane... or whatever. But watching real people sing in front of their PS Eyes and making a show is something I want to do, and has inspired me to go and buy a PS Eye from Amazon... I really want to be known throughout the Singstar community... :whistle2:o:lol:

Yes, I want to be the ultimate Singstar singer... I may not be the best singer, but I WILL command and get your attention! :shock:

I will probably make a damn fool out of myself... but I don't care! I'm going to have fun! :D:twisted:

I've seen only a few comments of people having slow downloads... is the issue really not that wide spread? I have a cable modem... and the PS3 is hooked up over wifi. Downloads are taking like 40 mins a song. Several times the connection was lost while downloading the song and had to start over. At one point I finally had 8 songs downloaded. SingStar indicated I had 38 songs available yet only 31 songs were showing up to pick from. Where are the other 7 hiding? I'm in the process of downloading them again one at a time. Is anyone else going through this? If not what the heck is the secret?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Haha, I was going through videos, and there was someone singing REM, "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me", and what his video was a broken Xbox 360, that was flashing the Red Ring of Death and the DVD drive kept ejecting over and over again. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That was hilarious...but it was sung by The Culture Club.

My favorite still are the two kids (one baby and a little girl) playing Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart. The baby approaches the PS Eye while the girl tries her best not to laugh. How precious.

Do you need to buy the Singstar game in order to play the DLC songs? I think you do... but the cheapness in me want to make sure, i don't want to pay $40 for the game.

[quote name='Serpentor']Do you need to buy the Singstar game in order to play the DLC songs? I think you do... but the cheapness in me want to make sure, i don't want to pay $40 for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to buy the game in order to play DLC. DLC can only be found in SingStore and not on PSN. If you exit SingStar, you're dl will be halted but you can dl it at another time once you play the game again.

[quote name='evergoo']Yes, you have to buy the game in order to play DLC. DLC can only be found in SingStore and not on PSN. If you exit SingStar, you're dl will be halted but you can dl it at another time once you play the game again.[/quote]

i see, thanks! no wonder i don't see the songs... they are not on PSN! There's no deal on this game right now (talking about $30-ish), perhaps i will go for $40 with $5 coupon or something. I probably not gonna sing in front of the Eye, but hell, i want to see other people for sure!

[quote name='Serpentor']i see, thanks! no wonder i don't see the songs... they are not on PSN! There's no deal on this game right now (talking about $30-ish), perhaps i will go for $40 with $5 coupon or something. I probably not gonna sing in front of the Eye, but hell, i want to see other people for sure![/QUOTE]You need to buy the mics, if you do not have a PS2 SingStar. A PS3 SingStar disc is needed because some have no internet (or cannot pay online for songs) and it contains the SingStar community and such. IMO, $40 was worth it for me (I made a trade with a friend to get the mics and older SingStar game on PS2).

If you're a gamefly member they have it for 'Keep it' price of $32.99. I'm waiting for it to ship out for me so I can click Keep It!.

It doesn't come with the mics, but I have mine from the ps2 versions. And I'm assuming my eyetoy will work with it.

Not sure I'm brave enough to go on camera singing but I might give it a shot. I've had a few high scores on cyberscore.net's singstar charts so I shouldn't be too awful to listen to, at least...

reading everyone here talking about the game made me break down and buy it. i love this game, but the online videos, alone, make this game worth it. the dlc is great too, i hope that we get some of the better songs from europe soon.

does anyone know what song is in hd?

[quote name='bigdsinferno']reading everyone here talking about the game made me break down and buy it. i love this game, but the online videos, alone, make this game worth it. the dlc is great too, i hope that we get some of the better songs from europe soon.

does anyone know what song is in hd?[/QUOTE]

I know that one Editors song is in HD... Only HD song I've seen in the SingStore thus far.

The store was just updated with more songs. Since I got my haircut a few days ago and I just shaved, I'm going to make more videos. I'm debating what I'll sing to. So everyone can see my videos, I plan to take a few videos with my USB camera on my PC (In the same room as my PS3) and record me singing), then I'll upload to YouTube.

EDIT: I uploaded two new SingStar videos, for those on my buddy list.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The store was just updated with more songs. Since I got my haircut a few days ago and I just shaved, I'm going to make more videos. I'm debating what I'll sing to. So everyone can see my videos, I plan to take a few videos with my USB camera on my PC (In the same room as my PS3) and record me singing), then I'll upload to YouTube.

EDIT: I uploaded two new SingStar videos, for those on my buddy list.[/QUOTE]

Yay!

I'll be uploading a few videos of me singing when my PS Eye arrives to me... I think I'll do some Coldplay and The Killers. :D
For now... I think I'm gonna be watching me some Singstar vids online... ;)

New songs this week... it's pretty lame, I know. :cry:

Bros - "When Will I Be Famous?"
Duran Duran - "Wild Boys"
Editors - "The Racing Rats"
A Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran (So Far Away)"
Lily Allen - "Littlest Things"
Marit Bergman - "No Party"
Moloko - "Sing It Back"
Shayne Ward - "That's My Goal"
Supergrass - "Pumping On Your Stereo"
The Ting Tings - "That's Not My Name"
The Zutons - "Valerie"

Augh, not one song I care about. Duran Duran and Editors fans must totally dig Singstar though. Thanks for posting the list!

A Flock of Seagulls is a great addition. I came home for lunch today, and immediately ran very far away...

One of these days i will have to post some videos of myself being super awesome. hehe have already posted a few pics.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']
Supergrass - "Pumping On Your Stereo"[/QUOTE]

Yay that's one of the ones I wanted that wasn't available here but was in the UK! :D

And my copy has just shipped out from gamefly... woohoo!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I could have sworn I could access the Supergrass and Moloko songs last week. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Some songs were listed as new, but I saw them last week, such as "Complicated".

this new stuff let me down........
Question for y’all, how come some people who post vids have other songs?!
international versions?! those aren’t the PS2 discs are they?

Okay... this is frustrating. :shock:

How does one rap successfully in this game? I'm trying to do Faith No More's 'Epic', and I can't get the mic to properly register my rap. Halp! :cry:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Okay... this is frustrating. :shock:

How does one rap successfully in this game? I'm trying to do Faith No More's 'Epic', and I can't get the mic to properly register my rap. Halp! :cry:[/QUOTE]Just keep trying. It's actually kind of hard to do. Just keep practicing, because I've gotten much better. Just try to say the words ON target.

Got my copy today and proceeding to buy 18 songs, provided the damn store will allow me to connect...

edit: ljkldjsajsldjlsa it won't let me connect, it let me connect for ages while I was browsing songs, then finally when I logged out to put money in my e-wallet, I can't connect to the store for the life of me. Sony is holding my e-money hostage.

edit two: finally let me in after a few hours and they're downloading.

edit three: downloaded, yayyy! Now I just need to stop being scared to go on camera :x

All right, I used my Eyetoy to film me playing SingStar. My voice is crappy and the quality isn't the greatest, but I'll let you all see. It's me singing the short version of "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBxsGIb2-Y

That was mostly just a test video. It's far from being one of my favorite songs, I mostly did it since I knew everyone would laugh. :p I'll make more of other songs (I need to adjust volume, camera position, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I used my Eyetoy to film me playing SingStar. My voice is crappy and the quality isn't the greatest, but I'll let you all see. It's me singing the short version of "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne.

[/QUOTE]

*the ending* Noo, nooo, noooo! :rofl::lol:

Damn, now I'm gonna have to do 'I'm With You', to top your video... :razz:

OMG, you know netcasty, who post tons of videos on YouTube singing (like "SOS"), I found a video he had on My SingStar Online, and it was so funny. I made a comment on his profile. I so feel like adding him as a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back