Skies of Arcadia.. the worst game in existence?

KH... Great?

It's official you've lost your fucking mind. If you can ignore all th ethings that were wrong with KH, then you should be able to over the the SINGLE fault of SOA:L (random encounters). Someone's playing favorites :evil:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']KH... Great?

It's official you've lost your shaq-fuing mind. If you can ignore all th ethings that were wrong with KH, then you should be able to over the the SINGLE fault of SOA:L (random encounters). Someone's playing favorites :evil:[/quote]

Well, that's not quite true. SOA:L does have it's faults (sound is a bit tiny, graphics, while nice and servicable, aren't up to par w/ other cube games, and the story does have its hakneyed moments), but that's why i love the game so much: despite it's faults it still blew me away. Same goes for KH. I loved it despites its annoying camera and stupid Water Kingdom.

man Skies of Arcadia has some mad tite graphics. what do u guys kno??

I think all games should have graphics like that, sweet and simple and gets the job done.

anyway I jus beat the game last nite!! look out for spoilers!

SPOILER!

dang Vyse is freakin PIMP! he makes like every battle ship on the planet his bytch. what a man what a man what a man what a mighty good man (he's a mighty mighty good man)

[quote name='kev']Grandia 2 is better I feel but Skies is fantastic nonetheless.[/quote]

I got both of them for presents the same Christmas, and I tell you what, it was a chore deciding which to play. I ended up playing Grandia 2 if I had just a little time to play, but if I was going to be playing for at least an hour or more, I'd play SoA. Both excellent games; yes, both somewhat derivative [then again, is there anything 'novel' anymore?] but they each did it so well.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']So, since no one has asked yet, how exactly do an A, B, C, and D equal an F?[/quote]

Damn, I can't believe everyone took that seriously, I'm about 95% sure the OP was trying to make a joke. No where did the OP say the final rating was an average of the grades, I think the "Overall: F this game" part was just the OP trying to think of a clever way of saying "fuck this game."

[quote name='zewone']Whatever happend to OkeSmokey? Did he get banned because of his liberal views? :D[/quote]

Maybe he's one of those I'll start a topic to piss people off them walk away and come back later to see how my masterful plan of chaos has prgoressed.

I played this game for 59 hours.
Thats how long it took me to beat it.
I agree- i wasnt all that impressed in the beginning, but man. The level design gets phenomenal. To me, thats the best part. The fights get good, u get some good shit, and the game gets way better as u start traveling more. Excellent game. Best 20$ ive ever spent on on a game.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='zewone']Whatever happend to OkeSmokey? Did he get banned because of his liberal views? :D[/quote]

Maybe he's one of those I'll start a topic to piss people off them walk away and come back later to see how my masterful plan of chaos has prgoressed.[/quote]

Well the topic was made in June and he hasn't posted since October. I thought maybe him using punqsux's bike with no seat as his avatar got him banned or something. Plus he said some crazy stuff about deadzone and Sneaky.

I don't see why so many people like this game, it's not that fun.

The graphics are outdated, but that doesn't matter, the gamepley is ok. Flying the ship is the best part of the game. But right when you are starting to have fun, getting use to the crappie controls of the boat, BOOM there is a pointless random battle.

I would give the game a C+ or B- if there were no random battles every 10 seconds, but there are and that takes a lot away from the game. It gets a D because of that.

This was my favorite DC title. I played it, beat it, and enjoyed every minute of it. I own it for the GC now. All RPGs pretty much start out slow. You have to give it a chance. The part of the game that comes to mind that I really enjoyed was when you get into your REAL battleship. Its a nasty beast that you continually uipgrade to blow the hell out of everthing.

I suggest you cool off with a game of Katamari Damacy, then pick up where you left off with a fresh outlook. ;)

I played this game for so long...just about to go to the final boss after completing 70% of the side quests....and my stupid sister erases my file on accident. Now I'll never find out how this ends without reading GameFaqs. Even then it wouldn't feel right.

Few games, let alone RPG's have seen me play them from start to finish. SOA has the priviledge of being a game I've played, beaten, and played/beaten again.

Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.

[quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,
give it to me! :shock:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,
give it to me! :shock:[/quote]
Its actually belongs to my "friend" so you'd have to ask him. Knowing him, he'd sell it to his dorky, RPG-freak videogame friends at 500 times what he paid for it.
:evil:

I would like to take all of the developers involved in the decision to make the encounter rate in SoA less than 4 seconds and put them in a locked, dark room and give each of them a baseball bat. Then, while playing SoA in an adjacent room, for every encounter I light a rabid rat's tail on fire and throw it into the room while screaming "Battle!".
Would be justice, I say.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,
Its actually belongs to my "friend" so you'd have to ask him. Knowing him, he'd sell it to his dorky, RPG-freak videogame friends at 500 times what he paid for it.
:evil:[/quote]

:lol: His friends are that dumb? Well good for him then, I actually already own a DC copy I just thought the post looked better taht way.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,

:lol: His friends are that dumb? Well good for him then, I actually already own a DC copy I just thought the post looked better taht way.[/quote]

Well, I slightly exaggerated on the cost, but yes, they are that dumb :). He got it at the CC $5 sale, and he would probably sell it to them for $20-$30, which is cheaper than any place here you could find it new. Did I mention they are dorks?

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,

:lol: His friends are that dumb? Well good for him then, I actually already own a DC copy I just thought the post looked better taht way.[/quote]

Well, I slightly exaggerated on the cost, but yes, they are that dumb :). He got it at the CC $5 sale, and he would probably sell it to them for $20-$30, which is cheaper than any place here you could find it new. Did I mention they are dorks?[/quote]

Yes you mentioned they are dorks, but being a dork I slightly resent thier inclusion. :wink:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,

Well, I slightly exaggerated on the cost, but yes, they are that dumb :). He got it at the CC $5 sale, and he would probably sell it to them for $20-$30, which is cheaper than any place here you could find it new. Did I mention they are dorks?[/quote]

Yes you mentioned they are dorks, but being a dork I slightly resent thier inclusion. :wink:[/quote]
I doubt you're anywhere near their levels. My then b/f and I unwillingly invited them to a party once, and they just sat there on the couch making everyone else feel dumb (which they do all the time). Then, they turned off the music, and turned the TV onto X-Play. Who's the dork now?

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,

Yes you mentioned they are dorks, but being a dork I slightly resent thier inclusion. :wink:[/quote]
I doubt you're anywhere near their levels. My then b/f and I unwillingly invited them to a party once, and they just sat there on the couch making everyone else feel dumb (which they do all the time). Then, they turned off the music, and turned the TV onto X-Play. Who's the dork now?[/quote]

Me! If I was there I would have started up an X-Play drinking game in the first 5 minutes. (j/k)

Actually that's pretty terrible well I'm glad your "friend" has such quality people to hang out with!

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']Is it turn-based, or an action-RPG? I have it sealed, but I'll probably get rid of it if its turn-based. Thanx.[/quote]

It's turn based,

I doubt you're anywhere near their levels. My then b/f and I unwillingly invited them to a party once, and they just sat there on the couch making everyone else feel dumb (which they do all the time). Then, they turned off the music, and turned the TV onto X-Play. Who's the dork now?[/quote]

Me! If I was there I would have started up an X-Play drinking game in the first 5 minutes. (j/k)

Actually that's pretty terrible well I'm glad your "friend" has such quality people to hang out with![/quote]
Well, they are the only people he knows in his neighborhood that are down with 4-player battles. They have their own controllers, and games, and we'll all play games together. That night, they just wouldn't leave, so they ended up getting invited to the party with us. It was pretty funny. My then b/f and I told them we were leaving, so we drove off, and they drove off right after us. We circled the block, and went right back to the party :)

[quote name='6669']
Well, they are the only people he knows in his neighborhood that are down with 4-player battles. They have their own controllers, and games, and we'll all play games together. That night, they just wouldn't leave, so they ended up getting invited to the party with us. It was pretty funny. My then b/f and I told them we were leaving, so we drove off, and they drove off right after us. We circled the block, and went right back to the party :)[/quote]

:rofl: That's really really funny but also oh so sad at the same time. :cry:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']
Well, they are the only people he knows in his neighborhood that are down with 4-player battles. They have their own controllers, and games, and we'll all play games together. That night, they just wouldn't leave, so they ended up getting invited to the party with us. It was pretty funny. My then b/f and I told them we were leaving, so we drove off, and they drove off right after us. We circled the block, and went right back to the party :)[/quote]

:rofl: That's really really funny but also oh so sad at the same time. :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, it was his idea. I didn't think he was serious when he said he was gonna turn right around. He's a funny guy. A cute funny guy :(

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']

:rofl: That's really really funny but also oh so sad at the same time. :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, it was his idea. I didn't think he was serious when he said he was gonna turn right around. He's a funny guy. A cute funny guy :([/quote]

:cry: sad, but time heals all wounds.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']

Yeah, it was his idea. I didn't think he was serious when he said he was gonna turn right around. He's a funny guy. A cute funny guy :([/quote]

:cry: sad, but time heals all wounds.[/quote]
Actually, I'm at his house right now, typing his report for him, while he plays Onimusha 3. He actually does all of my reports for me though.

Oh yeah, Skies is a bad game.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']

Actually, I'm at his house right now, typing his report for him, while he plays Onimusha 3. He actually does all of my reports for me though.

Oh yeah, Skies is a bad game.[/quote]

What you just opened it and played it? and I think on the reports thing your getting the raw end of the deal. :lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']

What you just opened it and played it? and I think on the reports thing your getting the raw end of the deal. :lol:[/quote]
I didn't actually open it, its my feeble attempt to stay on topic. I told him I'd do it for him, so he could take a break from all the work he's done on it and studying for finals. Also, it gave us an excuse to see each other.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669']

What you just opened it and played it? and I think on the reports thing your getting the raw end of the deal. :lol:[/quote]
I didn't actually open it, its my feeble attempt to stay on topic. I told him I'd do it for him, so he could take a break from all the work he's done on it and studying for finals. Also, it gave us an excuse to see each other.[/quote]

I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]
I'll let him know your interested. I have to get back to typing his report for him though. That whip really hurts :x

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]
I'll let him know your interested. I have to get back to typing his report for him though. That whip really hurts :x[/quote]

Whips often do! :lol: But really if he's got suckers for friend he should sell it off to them, money always leads so new shiny video games! =P~

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]
I'll let him know your interested. I have to get back to typing his report for him though. That whip really hurts :x[/quote]

Whips often do! :lol: But really if he's got suckers for friend he should sell it off to them, money always leads so new shiny video games! =P~[/quote]

Yeah, they'll probably pay at least $20 for it, even though they know he got it for $5. Or maybe they'll trade their Mario Kart DD for it. That would own, since its the only reason I like them being here. I'll tell him..OUCH!! Gotta get back to work :evil:

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]

Whips often do! :lol: But really if he's got suckers for friend he should sell it off to them, money always leads so new shiny video games! =P~[/quote]

Yeah, they'll probably pay at least $20 for it, even though they know he got it for $5. Or maybe they'll trade their Mario Kart DD for it. That would own, since its the only reason I like them being here. I'll tell him..OUCH!! Gotta get back to work :evil:[/quote]

Well if you got thier Mario Kart DD you could make them pay to come over. :twisted: Anyhow good luck on writting other peoples reports!

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]

Yeah, they'll probably pay at least $20 for it, even though they know he got it for $5. Or maybe they'll trade their Mario Kart DD for it. That would own, since its the only reason I like them being here. I'll tell him..OUCH!! Gotta get back to work :evil:[/quote]

Well if you got thier Mario Kart DD you could make them pay to come over. :twisted: Anyhow good luck on writting other peoples reports![/quote]
Then I wouldn't have to see them here. And I'm not writing it for him. Its already written, I'm just typing it for him. A bunch of stuff just has to be typed in, and I'm a better typer than he is. I don't know anything about circuits. He actually writes my reports for me, and gets A's everytime. So I guess its...OW! Back to work.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='6669'][quote name='zionoverfire']I see then, well I guess he should trade off Skies because its like Final Fantasy as far as the battle system and you get random encounters every 4 seconds.[/quote]

Well if you got thier Mario Kart DD you could make them pay to come over. :twisted: Anyhow good luck on writting other peoples reports![/quote]
Then I wouldn't have to see them here. And I'm not writing it for him. Its already written, I'm just typing it for him. A bunch of stuff just has to be typed in, and I'm a better typer than he is. I don't know anything about circuits. He actually writes my reports for me, and gets A's everytime. So I guess its...OW! Back to work.[/quote]

Yes but Dorks are much better company when they are paying you for it, besides you'd have to find other people who are available when ever you need them for 4 player, don't know to many non-dorks like that.

[quote name='Larsin']IMO SKA was probably the best RPG on the Dreamcast. Awsome game, just give it some time.[/quote]

When the only other one is Evolution, that's really not saying much.

j/k there were 3 including Gran. Maybe Record of Lodoss if you pushed it, I don't. Skies is a pretty cool game, and great if you're as done with Final Fantasy as I am.
P.S. Xenosaga is the lamest RPG I ever played. I think in the 80 hours the game takes to beat, you only actually play 3 of them. Now Galerian's Ash is where it's at, WOOT!

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']Overall : F this game[/quote]
This guy is smoking the crack rock. Give it TIME man![/quote]

I don't know, I would agree with the fella that gave it an F... I TRIED to like this game but never have I grown so bored and so apathetic toward a game as when I played SOA, (and I gave it a good 15 hours of 'trying' time.)

Actually being three hours into the game isn't an "excuse". I remember when the demo came out in the Official Dream Cast Mag (up till the first dungeon I believe). I just keep on playing it through and through. This was my first RPG... what a way to start. I'd say its in my personal top 10. And no, I'm not that young (19 actually), but Dreamcast started me on the path to hardcore gamerdom.

bread's done
Back