Skies of Arcadia.. the worst game in existence?

I don't know why everyone bitches about the random encounters? They aren't really that much higher then every other RPG I've played, and I've played quite a few. It must be either the fact that you have to fight in the air ship (which is uncommon in other games, usually in vehicles you are safe) or people are confusing encounter rate with length of battles. The battles in this game take way longer then they need to due to having to watch the same crappy animations over and over. I swear, if I had to hear and watch that stupid pirate's wrath animation 1 more time I thought I was going to go nuts.

[quote name='jimbodan']The battles in this game take way longer then they need to due to having to watch the same crappy animations over and over. I swear, if I had to hear and watch that stupid pirate's wrath animation 1 more time I thought I was going to go nuts.[/quote]

Pretty sure in the DC version you can skip the flashing supermoves by pressing start when they perform it

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Jesus christ people, he's probably played alot more since JUNE, so stop posting about the OP.[/quote]

Just one more for the road.

I should shit on your pillowcase for that review!

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='jimbodan']The battles in this game take way longer then they need to due to having to watch the same crappy animations over and over. I swear, if I had to hear and watch that stupid pirate's wrath animation 1 more time I thought I was going to go nuts.[/quote]

Pretty sure in the DC version you can skip the flashing supermoves by pressing start when they perform it[/quote]

yeah, you're stuck watching the first few seconds though and I'm pretty sure you can't skip the magic spells and most enemies specials and magic

[quote name='eldad9']You suck*.

Some people rate the Dreamcast version on par with Grandia 2.

[/quote]

this game is better then Grandia2, don't agree with me even ask GamePro, they even said in one of their articles, but I have beaten this game 13-14 times and is my favorite game of all time,

I put in over 40 hours into the dreamcast version of this game and was willing to buy the Gamecube version to when my dreamcast dies.

OP, if you doin't like this game so much after only 3 hours, give it to me for free! I would be happy to give the gamecube version a good home. :)

This was one the the only RPGs I have ever liked alot AND Beat since most 99.9% of RPGs get so boring unlike this one.

ab-rise.gif

This thread was worthy of Gwave Wising? I think not.

I couldn't get into the game either, so don't feel too bad. I understand why people would like it so much.. It just never stuck with me.

[quote name='Clayface']this game is better then Grandia2, don't agree with me even ask GamePro, they even said in one of their articles, but I have beaten this game 13-14 times and is my favorite game of all time,[/QUOTE]

wow, how on earth did you find this thread?

Complete with "don't agree with me even ask GamePro" :lol:

Gamepro's reliability is about as good as asking the greeter at Wal-Mart if a game is good.

13-14 times? For this game? That's like 500 hours of playing. The game is fun, but I don't know if it's that fun.

I played it once, loved it, beat it, haven't touched it since. Probably will play through it again a second time someday but just haven't had the time with all of the newer games I have.

[quote name='The Crotch']If my level 15 Paladin casts Turn Undead, will this thread go away?[/quote]
Your Paladin has to be at least level 18 for Turn Undead to work on a thread this old.

You will never get a job as a game reviewer. The only way you can defend 3 hours of play is that the game had a barrage of bugs and crashes making it unplayable.

bread's done
Back