Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='defpally']Well, honestly it may just be that your stores are slower to restock. My store went from zero to completely full in less than a week, and it wasn't like I was there when they opened every day. Just go by every so often and I am sure you will find some soon and avoid the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well don't forget the 15% off coupon you can use tomorrow that should help with the shipping

[quote name='sykotek']
Does anyone know a list of just the dragons? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Spyro - Magic
Whirlwind - Air
Zap - Water
Sunburn - Fire
Camo - Life
Drobot - Tech
Cynder - Undead
Bash - Earth

[quote name='Corvin']Spyro - Magic
Whirlwind - Air
Zap - Water
Sunburn - Fire
Camo - Life
Drobot - Tech
Cynder - Undead
Bash - Earth[/QUOTE]

@Corvin: Thanks for the reply and the convenient list! So, that means for now, I still need to find regular Bash and Drobot to be up to date.

Also, is Warnado a dragon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxC8vN1COO8

[quote name='sykotek']
SFdrb.jpg

I took this picture today...mid-to-late afternoon at a Toys R Us. Bad news for resellers, good for those of us who just want to play the game.

I didn't buy any, but I did pick up Whirlwind, Cynder, and Zap. I heard somewhere there was one dragon in each element.

Does anyone know a list of just the dragons? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Holy shit man, wish my local stores looked like that!

weird question: my son just opened a Cynder and he worked fine in the game (PS3) but when it came time to use him in the Web game, neither the code nor putting him on the portal worked. Both times we got an error message about the code being incorrect (even when we put the character on the portal).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Just picked up the ps3 starter pack for $42 brand new and the 3DS version (without figures) for $13 off of ebay. Then I went to Target and Walmart today and picked up Double Trouble and Dino-Rang. All in all I've spent $75 on this game and it hasn't even arrived yet... yikes.

tons of double trouble and drill sergeant at my local best buy. I wonder if the shortage is breaking.

My favorite character now is Prism Break.

Can you cheat with skylanders in the sense that let's say you have 2 Prism Breaks, could you load up Prism Break (level 10) and then play with it and when you're done a level, go back to sanctuary and save to a new virgin Prism Break and then both would be level 10? This would be on the 3ds since it doesn't require continuous presence on the portal to play.

I don't have two of anything to test.

I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure they are all individually tagged so that wouldn't work. I don't think I've ever seen anyone answer the question of whether you can play with 2 of the same figure at the same time. I assume you can do that since they encourage the whole "bring your figs to your friend's house" paradigm. Then of course that implies they are tracked separately.

[quote name='io']I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure they are all individually tagged so that wouldn't work. I don't think I've ever seen anyone answer the question of whether you can play with 2 of the same figure at the same time. I assume you can do that since they encourage the whole "bring your figs to your friend's house" paradigm. Then of course that implies they are tracked separately.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that makes sense on the console versions but the 3ds seems to do things differently. (It's kind of a pain in the ass to tell you the truth. I wish I could swap midstream like on the console.)

I suspected the RFID had a unique identifier but I wonder what would happen when you saved to a different one via the 3ds portal.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, that makes sense on the console versions but the 3ds seems to do things differently. (It's kind of a pain in the ass to tell you the truth. I wish I could swap midstream like on the console.)

I suspected the RFID had a unique identifier but I wonder what would happen when you saved to a different one via the 3ds portal.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the 3DS game, right. Well, I might just be able to check that out here as I currently have 2 Cynders. One is still sealed and has a wing broken off. I bought it back when they were rare and then found a non-broken one later. I was going to return it but I suppose I could try this test first.

So I should put on the high level one, then try to sync back to the new one? I've never actually synced anything from the 3DS one back to a figure so I'm not sure of the procedure there. Does it sync back when you talk to the crystal guy? I thought it removed the one you were currently using though?

If any CAG wants it of course let me know and I'll sell it at cost + shipping. The wing looks like it came out of the socket so it might simply just snap back in. I can't test that because I didn't want to open it in case I need to return it. Worst case it could be glued back in the socket with some super glue.

[quote name='io']Ah, the 3DS game, right. Well, I might just be able to check that out here as I currently have 2 Cynders. One is still sealed and has a wing broken off. I bought it back when they were rare and then found a non-broken one later. I was going to return it but I suppose I could try this test first.

So I should put on the high level one, then try to sync back to the new one? I've never actually synced anything from the 3DS one back to a figure so I'm not sure of the procedure there. Does it sync back when you talk to the crystal guy? I thought it removed the one you were currently using though?

If any CAG wants it of course let me know and I'll sell it at cost + shipping. The wing looks like it came out of the socket so it might simply just snap back in. I can't test that because I didn't want to open it in case I need to return it. Worst case it could be glued back in the socket with some super glue.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I assume that it stores the level attributes on the cart until you reuse that character. So if you load cynder, that figure never gets updated until you load cynder again later on.

So use the high level cynder, play a level, then switch out to another character. Then, switch back to virgin Cynder.

You might want to play a level with the other character first.

The 3DS game checks the skylanders in to the game and doesn't update their stats until you check them back into the game again. I would imagine it still uses the same RFIDs and would recognize that it's a different toy and start a fresh character.

As far as the home system goes- i can confirm that it can process 2 of the same toys at the same time and it doesn't get confused.

Yeah, the wing is loose in this one. But unlike with Hex, I think this can be snapped right back in with maybe some glue to make sure it stays. It isn't broken in half like that.

Hex has a weak point at the elbow of the arm holding the skull. My kids broke ours in the same place just during light play.

I'm beginning to think these skylanders figures aren't as rare as people are making them out to be. I went to TRU today and picked up a legendary happy trigger and the legendary 3 pack with bash, chop chop, and spyro. I also found a cynder and whirlwind no problem. I'm thinking I'll collect all the dragon ones + one or two other interesting ones I want and be done.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I'm beginning to think these skylanders figures aren't as rare as people are making them out to be. I went to TRU today and picked up a legendary happy trigger and the legendary 3 pack with bash, chop chop, and spyro. I also found a cynder and whirlwind no problem. I'm thinking I'll collect all the dragon ones + one or two other interesting ones I want and be done.[/QUOTE]

Um, it is kind of a big deal if you found Legendary Trigger Happy because that hasn't been seen in the U.S. yet. All the auctions last week were from Canada as I understand it.

And yeah, if you stumble in there when they just restocked then it will look like they are easy to find ;).

My wife was at TRU Sunday and they didn't have a single figure available.

Oh wow, had no clue. They actually had a bunch of legendary trigger happy - at least 10, if not more. This was at the Freehold, NJ TRU if anyone's interested.

I held off from buying any Skylanders for a little while so I could save up money for a Vita. Now I'm back into buying mode again. Yesterday I picked up a Chop Chop and today I picked up a Flameslinger. Now all I need is Cynder and Voodood and I have all of the currently released figures.

I bought a Chop Chop and Flameslinger last night as well, one at each of my Walmarts. My local one had one Flameslinger and one Whirlwind and that was it. The one further down the road had two Chop Chops, one Flameslinger and a Drill Sergeant. I went with Chop Chop just because he's badass-looking. Quite frankly, I hope they flood the market with these things before too long so I don't feel bad about opening and playing with them.

[quote name='Survivalism']Quite frankly, I hope they flood the market with these things before too long so I don't feel bad about opening and playing with them.[/QUOTE]

Lol, a part of me wants to keep them sealed in the plastic, but fuck it. I get more satisfaction with them out and displayed.

Tigger happy is the most annoying character.

Btw, what are people's favorite characters? I finally got Cynder and it's ok. I think I need to level up the alternate attack more. It's pretty weak at this point.

[quote name='confoosious']Tigger happy is the most annoying character.

Btw, what are people's favorite characters?[/QUOTE]

Trigger Happy.

Hope to have a Legendary Trigger Happy join him soon, but I'm not too worried if I can't find him right away.

I found a Drobot at the last Target I stopped by today. The TRUs in my area are all outta packs, so it's not likely I'll be able to get in on the starter pack deal they have going...which is kind of a bummer.

Instead of trying to collect them all, I'm just trying to get all the dragon-type characters, so out of the ones that are currently available, I think I'm really only missing Bash at this point from what I know.

I wiped my file and 3 starter characters and I'm working on my 2nd playthrough of Skylanders now. It's still fun. :)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not to fond of him either. I leveled up his "pot" and he's decent, but I think the other route would have been better. Fortunately the Legendary figs are a way around that without wiping them and starting over(or resorting to buying a complete duplicate).

[quote name='confoosious']
Btw, what are people's favorite characters? [/QUOTE]

Stealth Elf & Voodood are complete beasts leveled up. I've done every challenge available (released characters) for Stealth Elf and nearly all of them for Voodood. Steal Elf has a 98/100 speed. :lol:

[quote name='sykotek']
I wiped my file and 3 starter characters and I'm working on my 2nd playthrough of Skylanders now. It's still fun. :)[/QUOTE]

Why not just start a new save game? Without all the figs released, there's no way you have gotten 100% in-game completion(not achievements).

Talked the wife into hitting TRU this morning. She said they had about 20 Legendary Trigger Happy figures. Had her grab two.

That was easy enough thanks to WhatsYoFlava's heads up. Hopefully we'll get word on Dragon's Peak sometime soon since it's a March exclusive to TRU.

Btw, what are people's favorite characters? I finally got Cynder and it's ok. I think I need to level up the alternate attack more. It's pretty weak at this point.[/QUOTE]

My favorite is Ghost Roaster, followed by Drobot.

My least favorite is Wrecking Ball, followed by Eruptor.

The legendary characters I could care less about. I just want all of the characters, not their alternate colored counterparts too (even though I do have both Spyro and Dark Spyro...).

[quote name='FaintDeftone']
The legendary characters I could care less about. I just want all of the characters, not their alternate colored counterparts too (even though I do have both Spyro and Dark Spyro...).[/QUOTE]

I think they look cooler in game, but they should have done different molds for them not just a paint job.

Legendary Trigger Happy at least has "exclusive powers," whatever that means. Guess I'll find out later. :)

[quote name='Corvin']Why not just start a new save game? Without all the figs released, there's no way you have gotten 100% in-game completion(not achievements).[/QUOTE]
Well, I decided I'd reset my characters and try out their alternate skills. When I reset them, I noticed that their stats go back to as if they were brand new, but none of the treasure chests or legendary treasures had come back.

So, I figured I'd just start the whole game over and that way I'd get more money as I go through the entire game instead of grinding the same level over and over for money and exp. At least this way, I'd get to watch the cut scenes again and I'd be able to look for some of the assorted secrets which I missed the first time around.

I've already leveled up my 3 starter Skylanders and have been having a much easier time than the first time I played through the game, but have been having fun just the same.

Also, I change my mind about Trigger Happy being my favorite character, Gill Grunt's secondary path is much better and easier with the added benefit of having an infinite water supply.

[quote name='Corvin']Talked the wife into hitting TRU this morning. She said they had about 20 Legendary Trigger Happy figures. Had her grab two.

That was easy enough thanks to WhatsYoFlava's heads up. Hopefully we'll get word on Dragon's Peak sometime soon since it's a March exclusive to TRU.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know Dragon's peak was only at toyrus?!? Great, another one I will never see in store here because they never make it to the shelf

[quote name='jcmeadows']I didnt know Dragon's peak was only at toyrus?!? Great, another one I will never see in store here because they never make it to the shelf[/QUOTE]

One month exclusive.

[quote name='Corvin']One month exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Im kinda getting tired of the "only at this store" stuff. I just finally got the 3 pack from toy r us the other day and that because I only got lucky when they had them online 2 weeks ago for 5 mins. Guess it will take me another 4 months to get there trigger happy........

[quote name='sykotek']...good luck?[/QUOTE]

Nic... But $5 shipping!? Ack. It's bad enough they are $10. That makes it $15... I think I'll just take my chances on finding it in store tomorrow when I pass by there...

@io: $10 is pretty standard for TRU, that's $1 more than other retailers that actually get stock...and yea, the $5 shipping does suck, but I've easily spent well over $5 in gas taking random shots in the dark at various TRU stores looking for Skylanders.

I had just found out that it was posted online, so I figured I'd post the link here. Hopefully those looking for them here at least have the choice to get in on this too!

As for me, $5 shipping...screw it, I'm sleeping in today! :D

Yeah, thanks for posting that. I bit. Ordered two, one for a friend, so we could split shipping. Makes it much easier to bite.

[quote name='io']Nic... But $5 shipping!? Ack. It's bad enough they are $10. That makes it $15... I think I'll just take my chances on finding it in store tomorrow when I pass by there...[/QUOTE]

Try and find out when you get the TRU truck coming to the store, the TRU in my area are between Thursday and Friday. I went to a store yesterday and picked one up, they had 5-6 when I got there but I'm not really sure how many they started out with.

Decided to order a couple Legendary Trigger Happy. $25 including shipping. Just didn't know when I might get to our local TRUs and a must have for our collection.
Found some Cynders at Fred Meyer a couple weeks ago, and picked up 2 for my daughter's friends. We already have 2. Seems this is more of a chase figure as it appears only one is packed per box. Hence found 3 at Fred Meyer, but a load of other figures.
Still trying to get the Empire of Ice Adventure Pack. The only Skylander we don't have.

Kind of wish I had bought it now. I went to TRU today and they had about 10 total single packs (Wrecking Ball, Zap, etc) and the "helpful" employee there told me Legendary Trigger Happy usually just comes with the Starter Pack and she had never seen it in a single pack :roll:. So, yeah, so much for even finding out if they had gotten them at all.

I signed up for an email alert and I guess if they come back in stock I'll just buy one this time. But based on how they didn't tell me when the Legendary 3-pack came back in stock I'm assuming that won't work again either.

I'm still new to all of this, but do Skylanders figures get discontinued? Recently, I haven't seen much variety in single or 3 packs (on the rare occasions I have seen Skylanders available in stores).

Does anyone know if they still make some of the older 3 packs like Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash or are they only available as singles now (I've only seen Eruptor recently)?

I absolutely refuse to deal with the reseller market. Thanks!

Well see more of these in shelves in the next couple of months. Just have to be patient. eBay prices are going down for them which means more of them are entering the market but alot of people are still hunting them everyday so you won't see much of them just yet.

[quote name='sykotek']Does anyone know if they still make some of the older 3 packs like Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash or are they only available as singles now (I've only seen Eruptor recently)?[/QUOTE]

They certainly do make them - got lucky and picked this one up last week from GoHastings for MSRP - I also refuse to pay more than retail on them, and I won't do the retail markups, either.

Every other figure set I've gotten has been from Amazon, which came as a result of checking some bookmarks I made.

Just take a look every now and again and they'll show up, either as 3-packs or singles. They're out there.

For those who missed out last time, Legendary Trigger Happy is now available for in-store pickup, be sure to click "select a store" on the right and just punch in your Zip Code to see if there are any near you. Good luck!

[quote name='sykotek']For those who missed out last time, Legendary Trigger Happy is now available for in-store pickup, be sure to click "select a store" on the right and just punch in your Zip Code to see if there are any near you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just ordered one in a store by me. Going to ask my Mom to pick it up for me lmao (I'm 23 -_-)

[quote name='sykotek']For those who missed out last time, Legendary Trigger Happy is now available for in-store pickup, be sure to click "select a store" on the right and just punch in your Zip Code to see if there are any near you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up... but out of stock everywhere near me.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Thanks! Just ordered one in a store by me. Going to ask my Mom to pick it up for me lmao (I'm 23 -_-)[/QUOTE]
BWAHAHA! You're 23 years old and you're still playing with TOYS!?!

By the way...I'm 30...and they're for me. ;)

[quote name='sykotek']BWAHAHA! You're 23 years old and you're still playing with TOYS!?!

By the way...I'm 30...and they're for me. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, yes. I will never grow up!

What's funny is I showed my Mom the gun I got for the Move last week and she goes "Don't you have enough toys already?". Can't wait to see what she says when I send her to TRU and she gets this!

I usually pay her to do stuff for me though. I work 10 hours a day and just don't have the time.

EDIT:

Just won Whirlwind on EBay for $10+shipping. Bid $10 just to see what happened, no one else bid. Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but NO stores EVER have Skylanders in stock around me. Went to TRU ONCE because I took off from work and they had EVERYTHING. But that was when I wasn't into it and I picked up nothing :(

bread's done
Back