Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

After acquiring an Xbox One Dark Edition at the Microsoft Store during their promo for the Kaos Trap, I come across 3 Kaos traps at the Walmart by my job. I picked all 3 up because of nephews and friend's kids, and maybe I'll take back this Dark Edition. Dark Edition Kaos Trap is light years better looking than the individual Kaos trap though.

Probably sit on them for nephews, and upcoming friend's kids birthdays. I checked out my local Craigslist, and people are asking $50 for them. So tempted to make a low ball post just to mess with them. Bought the 360 Starter pack originally for my son, not thinking about the Kaos trap then. Now with a Dark Edition on the One, and my son saying he thinks the Ultimate Kaos Trap is sweeter as of this morning, I might have one extra Kaos trap. Key word is, "might", so don't hold me to any spares for my fellow cags.

Sitting on Kaos until I see my son's next report card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

So I finally got my Skylanders Trap Team… of course I haven't played it yet because I still have to finish the others… I know, I know, but my backlog is huge and I am lucky to game at all anymore.

Now, I am the type person that tends to run out and buy everything if I am going to try and collect it because I always fear everything will be sold out. After 3 previous versions of Skylander's coming out and everything getting deeply discounted down the road, I finally decided I was in no rush for Trap Team. I would ask for it for Christmas, what I got great, what I didn't I could pick up as I went. I was actually looking forward to going out and grabbing a few traps to complete my collection. However, after the holidays I quickly discovered that traps were becoming rare. Now, I know that always happens after the holidays and some time later we will see more come in stock. But the stores around me are literally cleaned out, since Christmas I have been looking, the only thing I can find is water traps, I can't even get the light and dark expansion packs in my area. But, I am willing to wait, I am in no rush and probably won't start the game for a year anyway. I was prepared to collect slowly. 

Anyway, I don't know why I must always ramble. I have a few questions for the Skylander's experts and I am hoping you all have more of an idea than I do:

1. I got the trap holder for Christmas as well. I really like how it holds everything and I have every intention of filling it. It holds 46 traps, but I am having  a really hard time finding out how many total traps will be released. Is that enough to hold every trap that will be released, like all the variants and stuff as well, or would there be more traps than that available and I can kind of skip some of the ones I don't like as well?

2. Is there anywhere that I can find a complete list of all the traps that will be released? I made up my own list from what I could find online, but I know there is a lot missing, so I would love to have one that shows everything so I know what I am looking for. 

3. The question that I am sure everyone is asking.. will there be more Kaos traps released? I didn't think much of not being able to find him because I figure I would get him down the road, but I read online that they are not going to be making anymore, is this really the case? I can't bring myself to spend the prices people are asking online, would love to have it but that is crazy. I have about six people in my area that has been watching for the trap to be released because I knew he would be popular, I have been watching the stores and online as well and have yet to actually see him for sale. I had no trouble finding the E3 trap when that was released, but Kaos doesn't seem to want to come here. So I figure I would check to see if anyone knows because I am constantly checking for him and it would be nice to know if I even have a chance. 

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

This game is the biggest pain to find all the items for. First of all the light and dark packs are available at Amazon, along with blastermind whom you need to unlock the magic gates in your game. You also only need one of each element trap, as you can switch out characters in the traps. The retail stores in my area have been utterly useless for sticking anything other than wave 1 for this game. If this happens with the next skylanders game I will not buy it at all. If I cannot get everything in wave 1 next time or wave 1 with 1-2 things missing. I have no issue with spending money on this game but I have major issues with how the products are being stocked in this area.

I have never seen the kaos trap in stock, I shop at stores 2-3 times per week and I was at target within one hour of this game's release and I have never seen a kaos trap. Thankfully I bought the dark edition.

This game is the biggest pain to find all the items for. First of all the light and dark packs are available at Amazon, along with blastermind whom you need to unlock the magic gates in your game. You also only need one of each element trap, as you can switch out characters in the traps. The retail stores in my area have been utterly useless for sticking anything other than wave 1 for this game. If this happens with the next skylanders game I will not buy it at all. If I cannot get everything in wave 1 next time or wave 1 with 1-2 things missing. I have no issue with spending money on this game but I have major issues with how the products are being stocked in this area.

I have never seen the kaos trap in stock, I shop at stores 2-3 times per week and I was at target within one hour of this game's release and I have never seen a kaos trap. Thankfully I bought the dark edition.
This is the exact same issue I have. I was contemplating the dark edition, but decided I would just get the regular, thinking Kaos would be available outside of the dark edition. Between the six people I have checking the stores in my area on a regular basis no one has seen the trap outside of the set.

I am fine if I just have to wait a little longer to get everything since I won't be playing for a while, but if what I read online is true and they are done making him I will be upset. But still, I know a lot of people want to play it now and it is crazy they can't really finish the game because of the release schedule.

It's one thing if they want to have all the add-ons for the game. Gamers are not forced to buy the game or the extras, so complaining about how much money it can cost is kind of silly in my opinion. But for people wanting to actually put their money into it, not being able to buy the stuff you want is crazy.

I found a Kaos trap at the Best Buy I work today. Wasn't there when I worked Monday so must of just came in.
I'm hopeful they will be coming back. I did some looking around online after I read that they weren't making anymore. So what I found makes it seem like they are still being made, just very low quantities. A store will get a shipment of one case of traps that contains 24, random variety apparently. Each case will contain two Kaos traps. Larger stores will get two cases in. Between people that actually want the trap and resellers, 2-4 will not last long.

Right around the holidays my stores basically had nothing left, when I went to the store they would have only a few water traps left, if anything. Now this past week my Gamestop restocked for Skylander's day and then Target got a new shipment in as well. Best Buy and Walmart are still very low. But I am hopeful that with the holiday rush ending hopefully they will last a little longer so I can snag one. I literally have 7 people locally watching every store in the area and I have people spread across the country and Canada watching for it. This past week I have been watching daily and searching the sites and stuff. I finally managed to get the adventure packs, one in store and one I had to order online and I still can't find the expansion packs in my area anywhere. So for whatever reason it just seems like my area, even though it is pretty large, doesn't get much supply.

Hopefully things will start to show up, because I would really like to finish my collection. Stores in my area always seem to be behind, which is ok as long as I get it :p I am tempted to trade my E3 life trap for Kaos, but I suppose I should wait a little longer to see what happens.

None of my stores have seen a kaos trap or the dark and light packs. I am not sure why they wouldn't make more of them, it doesn't benefit activision at all as the scalpers are just buying them all up and selling them for 700% profit with none of the money going into activision's pocket. This also makes people like me angry at them so if they pull a similar stunt with next years game I will not be buying it. Complaining about the money this costs is silly as you say but for those who want to throw money at it we can't since nothing is in stock. Ideally they should have one kaos trap on the shelves for every starter pack, it's an easy extra 5.99 in the pocket of activision for something that really should have come with the starter.

I ordered my light and dark packs from Amazon and GameStop they took forever to get here but I got them. If I didn't order online I would not have gotten them

None of my stores have seen a kaos trap or the dark and light packs. I am not sure why they wouldn't make more of them, it doesn't benefit activision at all as the scalpers are just buying them all up and selling them for 700% profit with none of the money going into activision's pocket. This also makes people like me angry at them so if they pull a similar stunt with next years game I will not be buying it. Complaining about the money this costs is silly as you say but for those who want to throw money at it we can't since nothing is in stock. Ideally they should have one kaos trap on the shelves for every starter pack, it's an easy extra 5.99 in the pocket of activision for something that really should have come with the starter.
I completely agree. It doesn't do Activision any good for the resellers to take advantage of consumers this way. If anything, like you said, it is upsetting the consumer and turning them away from future games. I have probably spent nearly $1000 on Skylanders since it came out, nothing to Activision, but still a decent junk for one little game franchise. Plus I have got a lot of other people addicted that have spent quite a bit.

I'm sure they don't want to have the surplus after Trap Team like they typically do, but not having enough for the average consumer is definitely a step in the wrong direction. It is a problem, in my opinion, when a consumer that wants to put money into something can't. The fact that I have yet to see half of the products in person is also an issue.

I just really hope this is mostly from the holidays and we will start to see the supply meet the demand.

Unless your kid is a hardcore skylanders addict most parents are unwilling to make multiple trips to stores to track down a needed figure. If it's not in stock when the kid comes to the store to get it with their gift card then the sale is lost and the money is spent on something else.

Also releasing the needed packs at one store 4 days before Christmas leaving parents scrambling is not a good business practice, many kids look forward to these things with all their heart and soul, and dashing kids hopes for the holidays does not sit well with me. Especially in my area where there is nothing for kids to do but get in trouble, skylanders and video games give them something to look forward to in a city of nothing.

I just went to TRU, no light and dark packs still... I am sure I will never see these in my area until at least summer, fortunately I got them by ordering online.

I did not have any issue with getting figures for swap force so I am not sure what happened with this game. It seems like activision's business practices turned to nothing but greed with this game. I took down my positive review at Amazon and left a scathing one for this game.

Found a Kaos trap in the wild at Best Buy yesterday. It was just sitting there like at 1PM.
That's fantastic. Fingers crossed they are becoming more common. I checked online and a Best Buy that is about an hour away got both expansion packs in, so I'm hoping mine gets them and possibly some Kaos as well.

I have now added a friend that works at Best Buy and one at Gamestop to the roster of people watching for Kaos :p I may end up with 100 by the time this is all done… not that that would be a bad thing.

I was able to find a Kaos trap at my Best Buy yesterday.  From what a GS employee told me, they were expecting a shipment of a single Kaos trap as well sometime this week.

This is great to see. Definitely a turn in the right direction. 

I just hope my area actually sees it once. I don't know why they never seem to get things around here, its not a small area. But, since I do have people all over looking I am hopeful I will have one soon.

Thanks for positing your findings!

I was super excited this morning when I checked Gamestops product locator and for the first time this year stores showed up that were not 50+ miles away. The problem was I was still working and couldn't leave for a few hours and none of the stores had availability near where I knew people. 

Needless to say it made for a very long day, but I was excited to still see stock as I was leaving to go get it. So I get to the Gamestop that showed availability, which is not the one that I typically go to. I first checked the traps myself and don't see anything. I wasn't surprised at all, it is exactly what I was expecting. Before I left I thought it best I just checkout make sure they don't keep them in back or something, with the amount of reselling I figure they may want to limit how many people buy. 

I ask the employee and he informed me that they were out of basically everything because they just had the Skylander's day. So I told him that I had seen on the website that they were showing availability and they hadn't since last year. He was surprised and said he needed to check his system because he did get an order in today and hadn't gone through it, so it could be in there. For the first time in my hunt for Kaos I was slightly excited I may get him. I figure while he is still popular my best chance of getting him would be for him to still be in the box in the back or something. 

The guy checked the system and looked through what was supposed to be in the order, listed off the traps he received but said there were no Kaos traps included. It seemed odd to me so I asked him why it would show up online as them having stock when it didn't arrive. He didn't seem to know why that would happen and simply offered check what other stores in the area had them in stock. I even asked if he would be able to check the box just in case it came in and just wasn't showing up, but he claimed that wouldn't happen. It seems kind of odd to me and the site still shows that they have stock, but there was nothing left I could do. I am used to leaving stores with Kaos, I expect that now, but I felt really defeated when I left the store today. I still think he is there and something was off. I am gonna see if I can have a friend swing by tomorrow to see if they get the same answer. 

Since I was out I stopped by my Gamestop as well. Of course no Kaos but I talked with the owner that said they did in fact get one in today, but it sold out within 5 minutes. He said they have been getting them in every few days, which hadn't been happening. So more signs that we will see more supply. He wasn't willing to hold one, so I am still in the same boat, but I guess it is good knowing more are out there. 

I do possibly have an Ultimate Kaos coming though. A friend went out of town, one that happens to be helping me find Kaos. They found the Dark Edition for PS4 at Best Buy and have it on hold to pickup tomorrow. With GCU it will be $60, which I would be fine with. Problem is I don't have a PS4, but another friend does that purchased Trap Team. They haven't opened it, but it is past the return time, so we have to see if we can get that returned and then they are going to let me have the Kaos. They still want one and I still would like to have the regular one after looking this hard for it, so the hunt will continue!

So yeah, that is my experience today with the "increased supply" of Kaos traps :p

EDIT - I had someone go to the same Gamestop I had checked and they were still told the same thing. The site still shows availability though.

Can't you order online with store pickup, or is that option not available for the kaos trap. I have had this issue with other items at GS and from what others have said it basically means that the employees are either holding the items for themselves or secretly holding them for friends etc...

Can't you order online with store pickup, or is that option not available for the kaos trap. I have had this issue with other items at GS and from what others have said it basically means that the employees are either holding the items for themselves or secretly holding them for friends etc...
I got into it with a GS manager that opened up a box of Skylanders and out popped out a Gold Chop Chop. He tried to be sneaky but I told him I wanted it, he was hesitant and tried to give me a sob story about his "son" but I threatened to call the DM and still have it.

Yeah, the Kaos trap had such low availability that they won't hold it… I think they just took the option away because it will sell no matter what so they don't need to do the extra work. Plus, I have noticed that when they get down to like one on hand they won't hold because it is likely not there anymore anyway. 

I still think it was fishy, especially how long it showed on the website before it went away, but nothing I can do about it now. 

Fortunately, my friend and I were able to grab two of the bundles that they finally made available Friday afternoon. We will probably get duplicates of the extra traps, but hopefully they can be returned. Plus, my friend that found the Dark Edition was able to pick it up. So by next Friday I should have my hands on a  Kaos and an Ultimate Kaos. I am so excited, after all this time to not only have one, but two. 

I have still been watching all the sites to see how the availability is… I just can't let it go :p I also found out I let a rare Skylander on the shelf because I was so focused on Kaos. The Valentines Pop Fizz was just hanging out at Best Buy and I didn't think much of it. All well, I am still thrilled to have Kaos in my collection!

From what I have been reading on a couple of Skylanders pages the Kaos Trap will be a little more common once Wave 4 hits.

And also TRU will be getting an exclusive Tussle Sprout trap on 3/2 and there will also be some Easter egg packed guys and at least one trap like last year.

So my regular and dark edition Kaos have finally made it to me. It was so amazing to actually have him in hand finally! 

My friend and I did the Gamestop bundle like I had mentioned, surprisingly she got a brand new magic trap and they let her exchange the duplicates in store with no hassle. So that went smoother than planned!

Meanwhile, my areas supply has still been horrible. Now that we are finally done finding Kaos, the person that helped us find it wants to find one too. They are now interested in Skylanders and want to have Kaos after all that work. So the search continues and the supply is not increasing. I am still watching for the expansion packs and they have yet to touch the shelves in my local stores.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing what you have heard and your experiences!

Ok so please forgive me as this might be a stupid question but how do you play 2 players on Trap Team? My son watches these "Skylanders Boy And Girl" videos on YouTube but I can't figure out how to do it. If I set 2 characters on the portal, it tells me there are too many skylanders on the portal. What am I missing here??

Ok so please forgive me as this might be a stupid question but how do you play 2 players on Trap Team? My son watches these "Skylanders Boy And Girl" videos on YouTube but I can't figure out how to do it. If I set 2 characters on the portal, it tells me there are too many skylanders on the portal. What am I missing here??
I know on the 360 you first hit "A" on the second controller before you put the second Skylander on the portal.

No supply here either where I live, no light or dark packs... Just nothing. GameStop schedules these "skylanders days" and I have yet to see them actually get a shipment in for one of these days.

No supply here either where I live, no light or dark packs... Just nothing. GameStop schedules these "skylanders days" and I have yet to see them actually get a shipment in for one of these days.
That is the same thing for my area. I haven't seen half of the items that have been released so far. The Gamestops are the same way. They advertise these big Skylanders days but they never get stock in. They always say they will be, but when I get there they have nothing.

I watch some of the channels online and while they sometimes have to look for something, they have a lot more stock and variety than I have ever seen in my area.

Found 2 chaos traps today at bestbuy. Both were not in the regular skylanders section with everything else.

They were in an area where they seem to keep excess stuff that doesn't fit on the shelf.The were way at the top almost

missed them if i wouldn't have done a double take.The peg they were on wasn't even labeled and it was above the gaming sections

laptop that was sitting out on a table. Also say extra trapmaster figures and even a few amiibos sitting up around that area as well.

[attachment=12102:SpringTimeSet-1024x625.png]

Here is a pic of the 3 special Easter Egg packaged guys for this year. I think the release date is 3/2 at TRU and I am not 100% sure if the earth trap is the one that includes a variant of Tussle Sprout or not.

bread's done
Back