Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

Good deal at TRU for Swap Force starter sets. They're $32.49 and McDonalds has a $10 off coupon with their Skylanders Happy Meals. $22.49 sounds like a good deal to me finally to get Swap Force. 

Looks like TRU is getting a box in to be held for the 18th. Inside is a case of spring figures and this guy(he's fuzzy), but stores are receiving only one. Don't know what the deal is yet.
attachicon.gif
20140414_123542.jpg
Strange. I saw on darkspyro that they were being offered as a limited giveaway in Australia Targets. You had to spend $30 and enter for a chance to win one of 25 total. Apparently, it seems, there are more of them. Since they are one per store, will it be a crazy chase variant (that no one will see because the employees will buy them...not that I blame them), or is it a contest, or what?

BTW, was the fuzzy Trigger Happy inside the case as part of the assortment or was it just a box that included a separate case inside and the fuzzy Trigger Happy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange. I saw on darkspyro that they were being offered as a limited giveaway in Australia Targets. You had to spend $30 and enter for a chance to win one of 25 total. Apparently, it seems, there are more of them. Since they are one per store, will it be a crazy chase variant (that no one will see because the employees will buy them...not that I blame them), or is it a contest, or what?

BTW, was the fuzzy Trigger Happy inside the case as part of the assortment or was it just a box that included a separate case inside and the fuzzy Trigger Happy?
The case for the spring assortment was open in the box along with the figure. So at first glance it looks like it's just part of the assortment. The box was barely bigger than a standard case to hold the 13 figures. This fuzzy Trigger Happy does have a unique Skn.

The case for the spring assortment was open in the box along with the figure. So at first glance it looks like it's just part of the assortment. The box was barely bigger than a standard case to hold the 13 figures. This fuzzy Trigger Happy does have a unique Skn.
Thanks Prim my wife was able to score on this morning at the TRU by her moms house. It's a older smaller store and she was the only one there looking for it.

Thanks Prim my wife was able to score on this morning at the TRU by her moms house. It's a older smaller store and she was the only one there looking for it.
Aye, thanks prim4444! I, too, was able to get one. I, too, was the only one there looking, although it was a larger store.

Glad you were able to get it.  No one came looking at my store either.  It was still sitting on the peg when

one of my co workers ended up buying him when she took her lunch break at 12.

Stopped into a local ToysRUs around noon and didn't see it so I asked.  They let me know they had already sold it earlier in the morning.  This thing's gonna end up being really rare it would seem.

My wife actually got 2 at 2 different stores, had to ask for them to check the back though. Thanks for the heads up, my son was very excited to find him, especially after I kept telling him to not get your hopes up

Skylanders Trap Team has officially been announced.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2014/04/23/activision-announces-skylanders-trap-team/

Skylanders Trap Team will include more than 40 unique, “trappable” villains and and 60 new playable Skylanders. It will also fully support all existing Skylander characters. The game will be released on October 5th in North America for Nintendo’s Wii, Wii U and 3DS; Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and Sony’s PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Now for the consumer in me. 60?? 60 new characters? You've got to be kidding me. I think I'll end up buying only figures when they are on sale.

Glad some of you are still enjoying this. Phew looks like I made the right call backing off after Giants. Not dissing it at all, fun series but I regret the time and money I put into those figures. I still have to beat Giants on Hard and beat the first game all the way through. Can't say I'm a little envious though as some of the new figures look great, especially compared to the roster for the first two games.

TRU will have Doom Stone tomorrow.  My store received the cases today.  There should be plenty as he is 6 per case and there is no sale this week on figures.

There will be one day only deals for 6/14 that will be emailed on 6/13.  No idea on what kind of deals yet.

Also on 6/14, at store open, the first 50 people will receive a free Skylanders Mini. It does not mention that a purchase needs to be made.  I don't know what/which ones these are yet.

The project says first 50 people that go to the electronics section.  Some stores will probably just do the first 50 people in the store.  It will probably be up to each store to decide how they want to hand these out.

Here is the email that will be sent out tomorrow.

image0011.png

As far as the minis.  My store received Gill Runt, Eye Small, Barkley and Thumpling.

20140612_104754.jpg

For Trap team, does anyone know how much stuff we are required to buy for this or is it too early to tell? Is Gear Shift required, or is the trap team skylander that comes in the starter pack going to be enough to trap enemies... or do we have to have one trapper of each element much like swap force's one skylander per ability? Are the crystals going to be sold separately (either multiple in one pack or each one in a single pack), or are they going to be sold with the skylander...

For Trap team, does anyone know how much stuff we are required to buy for this or is it too early to tell? Is Gear Shift required, or is the trap team skylander that comes in the starter pack going to be enough to trap enemies... or do we have to have one trapper of each element much like swap force's one skylander per ability? Are the crystals going to be sold separately (either multiple in one pack or each one in a single pack), or are they going to be sold with the skylander...
As far as I know, there isn't much more information. They've always gave enough in the starter pack to get through the game, but to get everything in the game, you need to buy more. I'm sure it will be the same for Trap Team.

Next week at TRU(7/6 - 7/12),   50% any single Skylander figure with purchase of Jade Fire Kraken.

I know this thread is kinda of dead but I figured I would bump it for the notice.

TRU has seem to be getting in "Quick Draw Rattle Shake" as an exclusive character. This was a character that was only avaible before if you won him in the Frito Lay contest earlier this year.

I ended up winning four total and was able to dump them for $200+ to collectors I am so glad I did now.

So who is getting trap team, it came out today? This thread needs more activity, or else everyone on here hates skylanders.

So who is getting trap team, it came out today? This thread needs more activity, or else everyone on here hates skylanders.
Got it. Sorta. Went to TRU at midnight and got everything, but apparently grabbed the Wii version of the Dark Edition instead of the Wii U version. Didn't have the 3DS version in stock. So, I dropped about $450 on everything (including the exclusives at Walmart & Target) and can't even play it yet. :(

Can't you download the Wii U version for free since you bought the Wii version? Or is that only the regular Wii version?

Got it dark edition yesterday for the wii u.After GCU and $10 certificate came to $75.

Got Nitro Krypt King from Target,Gear Shift today from amazon pre order and son picked up an extra three pack of traps with his money from best buy when we picked up the dark edition.

I don't plan on getting anymore characters until good sales happen at best buy where i can use GCU.

Only exception i'd make is ones that are exclusives to certain stores like the nitro's at target and legendary at toysrus but even with those ones i plan on waiting for sales.

Hopefully black friday sales will be good again this year.

I preordered both the dark version and the regular starter kit version from amazon, and remember it saying you got a gearshift free with preorder, but all I got was an email from amazon for some shitty 10 dollar credit towards other figures.  Anyone else get anything like this?

I could be wrong but I dont think Amazon ever offered Gearshift for free. It had some confusing thing where it showed her on the page for the starter kit and said in order to get it you needed to preorder. It was never actually free with the starter kit though.

Can't you download the Wii U version for free since you bought the Wii version? Or is that only the regular Wii version?
Could - but I don't have the space on my Wii U and I really prefer to have the physical disk. One of those old fogies.

Wnt to TRU, picked up the Wave 2 stuff, swapped my Dark Wii version and picked up the 3DS version. Yay!

I got mine today, it's an awesome game, but as with all skylanders games don't buy it if you can't afford the figures.
I got my dark edition in today, told myself I wouldnt buy ANY extra guys or traps... Gonna be hard to do. So far it seems like the only guys worth buying are the trap masters though. The regular ones dont seem to do anything.

The regular skylanders don't do anything in this game, that is true. All other previous gimmicks are useless in this game, as well as making old skylanders feel basically useless.

You need one trap master for each element to open all the gates. Plus the 2 unknown elements.

You need one trap of each element as well, which is much less expensive than buying figures. You only need one trap for each element, you don't need to buy extra. All the traps do the same thing in the game, so it doesn't matter which one you get. There might also be 2 traps with the 2 new elements that you will need to get later on.

Hey guys!

So I am holding off on buying all the Skylander's Trap Team stuff. I am going to ask for it for Christmas, or at the very least wait for some good deals on the starter set. Since I haven't actually completed anything but the original I'm in know rush :p I am actually really behind on the game because I didn't follow any thing on it until I happened to see the display in Target a few weeks ago. I have been obsessed since. So, since I am still a few months out of getting my own, I have been living through others videos and such. 

Anyhow, my question for all of you is what you plan to do with the traps. I collected all of the power discs for Disney Infinity and regret that now, but I really like the traps and I want to collect all of them. I know the games come with the little cardboard holder, but I was curious if anyone came up with some great ideas to hold them. I know with the figures it was discovered to get the Stanley tool box and it works perfect for all my figures. Toy's R Us has their trap holder, which looks cool but is just cardboard, so I think it would be nice to have something a little better. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the game, can't wait to dive into it as well… guess I should get started on the old games ;-)

I am glad I got this one at launch as figure availability has been much better. I had issues with finding swap force figures around Xmas time and issues with stores not having what they advertised even within the first few hours of the first day of the sale.

I went to TRU and they had everything advertised and the deals went through perfectly. It's not as good as a target sale because of TRU markup but the selection is nowhere near as good at any other store. They have an amazingly huge selection of product. It will likely be a couple weeks before we see a wave 2 release at target here. Though the wave 2 trappers which are needed to play the game are definitely in short supply at TRU here and wildfire and gusto are very overstocked. I did not see Wallop anywhere but you can just as easily purchase head rush as your earth guy at TRU like I did. I only saw a couple of each wave 2 trapper with the space for them almost empty. The nitro krypt king is very easy to get at target however if you are looking for it, but be warned it's located up front on a register display, so don't make a beeline for the electronics then make the clerk go in the back to look for it like I did....

Well I bought into Skylanders and am very pleased.  Had some credit at the MS Store and picked up Swap Force and a bunch of figures for cheap on Xbox One.

I then found the 3DS Swap Force and Giants (portal owners pack) for cheap (under $10).  Also nabbed the PS3 Giants Portal Owners pack for $10.

Now I'm looking for Spyro's Adventure for a low price, preferably PS3.  I'll end up needing a portal working for Ps3 as well.  Pretty hard to find Spyro's Adventure complete for under $20, but I'm looking.  Also looking for Spyro's Adventure for 3DS.

Really cool that the 3DS Swap Force came with different figures than the console version.  If I get spyro's adventure for 3DS and a console I'll end up with 3 doubles.

Right now I have a double of Tree Rex (Giant) and Rattleshake if anyone wants to trade anything.

Any advice on how to grow a small (budget) collection would be appreciated.

Really cool that the 3DS Swap Force came with different figures than the console version. If I get spyro's adventure for 3DS and a console I'll end up with 3 doubles.
Not quite.

SSA Console comes with Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy.
SSA 3DS comes with Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Ignitor.

Only one duplicate, who is really a repaint.

Giants is the only game that really jerked 3DS owners around, giving them 2/3 of the same figures they got with the console version (and, of course, Battlegrounds, which also came with 2/3 of the console figures).

SSA was awesome, as all three figures were pretty unique (although one is a repaint, he played totally different in the 3DS version).

SWAP Force *tried* to do better, however, at launch, Nitro Magna Charge was a Target exclusive who came in a double pack with your choice of the same two figures that came in the 3DS version. If you didn't want him, then you were good, but getting him meant getting a duplicate - although they did later release a Nitro Magna Charge single pack, it was pretty limited.

Trap Team... ugh. No exclusive figure at all and, if you want to get everyone, you're going to double up on Barkley (which you probably already have if you have been getting everything since the beginning).

Any advice on how to grow a small (budget) collection would be appreciated.
Craigslist. Lots of people get into the game, amass a decent size collection, then want out.

Not quite.

SSA Console comes with Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy.
SSA 3DS comes with Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Ignitor.

Only one duplicate, who is really a repaint.

Giants is the only game that really jerked 3DS owners around, giving them 2/3 of the same figures they got with the console version (and, of course, Battlegrounds, which also came with 2/3 of the console figures).

SSA was awesome, as all three figures were pretty unique (although one is a repaint, he played totally different in the 3DS version).

SWAP Force *tried* to do better, however, at launch, Nitro Magna Charge was a Target exclusive who came in a double pack with your choice of the same two figures that came in the 3DS version. If you didn't want him, then you were good, but getting him meant getting a duplicate - although they did later release a Nitro Magna Charge single pack, it was pretty limited.

Trap Team... ugh. No exclusive figure at all and, if you want to get everyone, you're going to double up on Barkley (which you probably already have if you have been getting everything since the beginning).

Craigslist. Lots of people get into the game, amass a decent size collection, then want out.
Thanks for the info. I bought Stealth Elf in a pack so I'll have an extra. I think my extras will be Tree Rex, Rattle Shake, and Stealth Elf. I managed to get the 3DS and PS3 Giants portal owners packs for ~$1 each with some great deals.

New frito lay skylander game started today as well.

Can win High Five.

Same concept as before with firebone hotdog.

Call the # or download the app and scan the bag.

http://www.fritolaygiveaway.com/

Easiest way to do it is to download the app and then go the above link and scan the image on that page or better yet

just save that image to your computer and then you don't have to bother going to the website anymore.

New frito lay skylander game started today as well.

Can win High Five.

Same concept as before with firebone hotdog.

Call the # or download the app and scan the bag.

http://www.fritolaygiveaway.com/

Easiest way to do it is to download the app and then go the above link and scan the image on that page or better yet

just save that image to your computer and then you don't have to bother going to the website anymore.
Not to sound too stupid but what image do you scan?

bread's done
Back