Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

I don't know about the Swap Force version, but my local TRU store had singles of the Giants version of Hot Dog on the pegs just yesterday, so he's around. 

Wife got me Swapforce for PS4, does anyone know if it works with remote play on vita? Then I might finally get one.

Has anyone seen wave 3 yet? Target advertised "new skylanders swap force" characters in the ad but when I went to the store there were none, and they were completely out of swappers. Though they had some other figures, but just the same ones that are everywhere. Hopefully Toys R Us has them when I go on New Year's day.

Has anyone seen wave 3 yet? Target advertised "new skylanders swap force" characters in the ad but when I went to the store there were none, and they were completely out of swappers. Though they had some other figures, but just the same ones that are everywhere. Hopefully Toys R Us has them when I go on New Year's day.
I was able to pick up Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, and Spy Rise at my Target on Friday afternoon. If your store put them out early, that would explain why they didn't have them today.

I did stop by a TRU today since they had Dune Bug pictured in their flyer. No luck there. The only one that looked new to me was a Phantom (I think) Cynder.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the other person mentioned Target put them on the floor early. So, they were sold out (in some cases) before the flyer was ever distributed. They were not street dated, and in the rush of making sales, they were just put on the floor early. Of course, nobody bothered to look in the weekly flyer...

According to most reports, they were either put out early or not put out at all. Target seems to be bad at putting out Skylanders stock. A lot of people just asked an employee if they had any more. Depending on the employee, you might just get what you want. Some had employees who would just say "no" without even looking, some would come back with 1 or 2 new Skylanders (where is the rest of the case I wonder), but still others were lucky to get an employee to bring them out.

According to most reports, they were either put out early or not put out at all. Target seems to be bad at putting out Skylanders stock. A lot of people just asked an employee if they had any more. Depending on the employee, you might just get what you want. Some had employees who would just say "no" without even looking, some would come back with 1 or 2 new Skylanders (where is the rest of the case I wonder), but still others were lucky to get an employee to bring them out.
Blame the system, not the employee. All these figures have the same DPCI...so there's zero incentive for the employee to go open 5 boxes just to see if one of them contains the one that you want. I know...it's retarded, but not the employee's fault.

Curious if Frito Lay will have another Skylanders promo. I was able to get 4 Rattle Shakes for myself/family plus I was able to get an extra two for friends of mine's kids. I missed out on the sidekicks and wish I had known about them last year. 

Curious if Frito Lay will have another Skylanders promo. I was able to get 4 Rattle Shakes for myself/family plus I was able to get an extra two for friends of mine's kids. I missed out on the sidekicks and wish I had known about them last year.
I've got a spare sealed Thumpling if you wouldn't mind trading for a spare Rattle Shake (assuming you have one).

Blame the system, not the employee. All these figures have the same DPCI...so there's zero incentive for the employee to go open 5 boxes just to see if one of them contains the one that you want. I know...it's retarded, but not the employee's fault.
I would party agree with you, but that's how it is. I used to work retail at a toy store and if someone asked me if we had any more, I would check. Granted, we had a small store and I usually knew what we had in stock. I normally just ask if they have any more. If they say "no", then I don't push it. I did go to TRU right before Black Friday and they had some new SSA cases unopened sitting there ready to be stocked. I asked about them. They gladly opened them, but I didn't find anything. I thanked them for opening them and said "I guess you have to open them, anyway". They then said they weren't going to open them or put them out because they had so many out, even though they had tons of empty space. They eventually ended up with boxes on the top shelf stacked almost to the ceiling. It seems they must have finally pulled them all down in the last few days, as they were all gone, yesterday. I didn't see that they put them out, though, and their huge, front display of Skylanders is practically empty (which is sad when it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door).

Me and my son were also shutout at Target at opening on Sunday for the three new swappable guys. I asked them to check in the back and the Target CSR flat out said no and walked away.

What sucks the most is my son still has his Xmas money to spend on them. In a month when these start showing up other places he will be broke and it will be my job to buy them than.

We walked into Target this afternoon and they had many of all three of the new wave swapables. My son only had enough money for one, so after an agonizing 30 minutes he walked out with Rubble Rouser.

Ok, I went to TRU today, they had a massive selection of skylanders, but it seems lots of the same figures over and over, though they do have a very big selection compared to target. I have a gift card so I would like to conserve that for what I really need to complete these games.

Does anyone know when these figures are coming out...

Lightcore Wham Shell

Sheep Wreck Island adventure pack

Trap Shadow

No sight of Stink Bomb at TRU or Target, and this figure is needed to unlock part of the swap force game (along with trap shadow so its either or on those), now I am not there in the game yet so there is no hurry but it would be nice if the required figures to unlock everything were available so that kids could buy them with their Christmas money.

Some kids have probably gotten far enough in swap force to already require the extra figures so as you said it would I know activision probably wants kids to come back with their parents after the Xmas money is gone which is probably the point of holding back some figures, that are needed to unlock stuff in the game.

SaraAB said:
No sight of Stink Bomb at TRU or Target, and this figure is needed to unlock part of the swap force game (along with trap shadow so its either or on those), now I am not there in the game yet so there is no hurry but it would be nice if the required figures to unlock everything were available so that kids could buy them with their Christmas money.

Some kids have probably gotten far enough in swap force to already require the extra figures so as you said it would I know activision probably wants kids to come back with their parents after the Xmas money is gone which is probably the point of holding back some figures, that are needed to unlock stuff in the game.
We hit one of the locked out areas pretty early in the game ourselves. It would have been nice to have one then - oh well...

Though of course as with all Skylanders games the locked out areas are completely optional and not needed to finish the game nor even to get the platinum trophy. So while it would have been nice for them to have one of each available early on, it wasn't necessary. In fact, getting back to those locked areas might be incentive for people to pick up a new figure and play the game some more.

Ok, I went to TRU today, they had a massive selection of skylanders, but it seems lots of the same figures over and over, though they do have a very big selection compared to target. I have a gift card so I would like to conserve that for what I really need to complete these games.

Does anyone know when these figures are coming out...

Lightcore Wham Shell

Sheep Wreck Island adventure pack

Trap Shadow

Stink Bomb isn't at TRU yet, just Target. He will probably drop in there in the next couple of weeks and be much easier to acquire. IMHO, he is the best of the three new ones.

Sheep Wreck Island and LC Wham Shell are both Wave 3 and should be out soon. Sheep Wreck might be some sort of store exclusive or something but nothing is known yet. If you really want them, you can get them on Amazon.de (Germany) or Amazon.it (Italy). The prices they have are in Euros, but you can use your Amazon.com account to order and ordering from the US actually subtracts out the VAT. You will need to factor in a small currency conversion charge for your credit card and the going exchange rate. The cheapest International shipping isn't free (no matter how much you order) but it isn't very much (only a few dollars) - it takes about a week once shipped, unless it gets randomly held by customs. All in all, you can get them now for a only few dollars more than what you would otherwise pay at TRU with sales tax. Sheep Wreck Island is really fun, and Wind Up is a great, unique character.

Wave 3 also has LC Countdown and Arkeyan Crossbow Battle Pack (with Series 2 Camo and non-LC Grim Creeper) which should be out soon or can be ordered internationally right now.

Trap Shadow, he is either Wave 4 (probably March) or Wave 5 (April or May). He along with Doom Stone and Freeze Blade are the only remaining non-variant swappers, but no one knows which wave they will be in. You also have Fryno, Punk Shock, Scratch as well as Series 2 Jet Vac and Series 2 Hot Dog for those later waves. And then there are also some variants unaccounted for, Enchanted LC Star Strike, Nitro Freeze Blade, Jade Fire Kraken, Kickoff Countdown and Springtime Trigger Happy that should be out sometime in the Spring/Summer.

I had picked up copies of Skylanders last year. (lots of sales to take advantage of) But I never bothered to actually try any of them. I was able to get Spyro's Adventure for the 360, Giants for the PS3, and Swapforce for the PS4. I also got a handful of individual characters, mainly to cover the various elemental alignments.

For various reasons, I actually went to the trouble of breaking all of these copies and characters out over the holidays, and gave the game a try. While a bit on the simple side, I did find the overall experience rather appealing. I don't think I'm going to go out of my way to collect all of the figurines, but I will likely grab a few extras the next time I see them on sale.

Try to play them in order.  Not for the story, which is fairly basic unless you are 7 - but the improvements make it hard to go back.  In Giants they streamlined a lot, including making many of the intermissions skippable, and the touchy jump pads were improved.  In Swap Force, particularly on your PS4 the graphics are leagues better and make it harder to play the old ones, not to mention the added ability to jump.  Jumping changes everything.

The story in the first is pretty much oh lets go look for the next level of this thing we need, oh it's a new friend that helps us in the next level get that thing.  Times eight.

Giants adds a good bit of humor, less two levels then switch settings, more bosses.  Chaos is actually a great deal more funny in this one.

Swap Force (from what I have seen thus far), gets rid of many of the generic "friends" and focuses on a new, more interesting set of characters - except Flynn and Chaos, which are great.  Patrick Warburton really gets to open it up in this one.  Both the Adventure Packs involve really funny things happening to him (and both have actual bosses, unlike the original Adventure Packs).  I still laugh when I see the original reveal trailer for Swap Force - "this diaper is filled with EEEEVVVIIILLLL!".

I have a TRU gift card planned for the Sheep battle pack, given how many Tower of Time's they had at TRU I would expect it to show up there first. TRU is actually the worst place to buy skylanders since they overcharge by a dollar or 2 for Skylanders (and almost everything else in the store). Despite my complaints they continue to get away with charging over MSRP for popular products. I guess price matching might be possible though to get rid of that extra dollar or 2 upcharge for shopping there. THe only reason I am even shopping there is that I have a giftcard I won in a contest. I was amazed at the large selection though, as Target has almost nothing compared to them and Walmart's electronics department is still pretty much wiped clean from the holiday rush.

defpally said:
Swap Force (from what I have seen thus far), gets rid of many of the generic "friends" and focuses on a new, more interesting set of characters - except Flynn and Chaos, which are great. Patrick Warburton really gets to open it up in this one. Both the Adventure Packs involve really funny things happening to him (and both have actual bosses, unlike the original Adventure Packs). I still laugh when I see the original reveal trailer for Swap Force - "this diaper is filled with EEEEVVVIIILLLL!".
It's Kaos ;).

We'll have to try the Tower of Time tomorrow. I picked that up mostly because my son wanted Pop Thorn but we haven't touched the level yet.

And yeah, good ol' Puddy. He does like every voice for everything nowadays. It is kind of ridiculous (though he is funny).

So we're almost done with the main game. How hard is it on "nightmare"? I see that there are difficulty-themed trophies this time. And I also see that the completion percentage on nightmare is very, very low.

Yeah my bad on the spelling.

Puddy's voice is perfect for Flynn, just the right mix of confidence, pompous and moron.  He did awesome in the short lived live action version of The Tick.

I haven't played on Nightmare, I play only with my son, almost never solo.  It's "our game", he also doesn't play it with friends prior to getting the game so he didn't spoil our play through.  We are only a few levels in (we did the Adventure Packs early) because they also got Mario 3d World and his younger brother is playing the heck of Disney Infinity (and he likes that too).  We love it, but the holidays have been pretty hectic.

I haven't cared much for the TRU price gouging, even though I've bought most of our Skylanders from there (mostly due to sales and getting Legendaries). But they will price match online competitors (including Amazon), so you don't need to worry about another store having them in their sale ad. But since TRU has sales all the time, I'm not sure how that will work (if you can price match and get the B1G1 40% off). I doubt it would work, but it might be worth asking. They might price match the 1st one and give you the second one at 40% their price.

As for Stink Bomb's ability, I know there is a Swap Zone in the second level that requires it, so it's not that far into the game. But, as others have said, it's not needed to finish the game. It is an incentive to get the character later and go back and play the game, again, which I kind of like.

Target online is showing a release of 1-31 for stink bomb so maybe its still coming, they appear to have restocked on the swappers but just the same ones that are everywhere. Other than that haven't seen wave 3 in any store around here and they are not showing up on the major online shopping sites as being available.

I actually saw Stink Bomb, Spy Rise, and Rubble Rouser at Target. Picked up Stink Bomb. Kid's been bugging me for him like crazy.

The price on that (third-party) Amazon bundle I linked to has already dropped to $120 which indicates to me the figures are more available though not quite commonly available yet..

So what exactly is out in this wave? Are there 3 new swappables (like in that bundle)? I was hoping to get them via a Best Buy B2G1 with GCU discount on top. So not only do I have to wait for them to be common, but in stock for shipping from Best Buy during a B2G1 sale ;). Problem is, we are pretty much done with the game except for the couple of Spy-power swap zones we can't yet unlock. So I'll be tempted to get at least one of them ASAP.

the 3 new swappables from wave 3 and both new adventure/battle packs as well as dunebug are available from amazon now.

Of course all of them are sold out but keep an eye out as they are going in and out of stock. I was just able to get stink bomb and dune bug about 20 minutes ago and stink bomb only stayed in stock for 6 minutes before selling out.

I used zoolert and signed up to get a text when any of them came in stock.That is the only way i knew stinkbomb was available.If it wasn't for that i would have never known as i don't check amazon but maybe 2-3 times a day.

The price on that (third-party) Amazon bundle I linked to has already dropped to $120 which indicates to me the figures are more available though not quite commonly available yet..

So what exactly is out in this wave? Are there 3 new swappables (like in that bundle)? I was hoping to get them via a Best Buy B2G1 with GCU discount on top. So not only do I have to wait for them to be common, but in stock for shipping from Best Buy during a B2G1 sale ;). Problem is, we are pretty much done with the game except for the couple of Spy-power swap zones we can't yet unlock. So I'll be tempted to get at least one of them ASAP.
The 3 new swappers (Stink Bomb (which has your sneak ability you need), Rubble Rouser (the first Earth Swapper for those who care), and Spy Rise), Arkeyan Crossbow (the new Battle pack that comes with Grim Creeper and S2 Camo), Sheep Wreck Island (the new Adventure pack that comes with Wind-Up), Lightcore Countown, and Lightcore Wham-Shell. Dune Bug, non-lightcore Smolderdash, Phantom Cynder, Hyper Beam Prism Break, and Horn Blast Whirlwind are also included but have been at TRU since before Christmas.

That package deal you posted is ridiculous. TRU has been getting the 3 new Swappers in and selling them 3 for $35. I believe some people have even been ordering them from overseas for much cheaper than that package deal.

Hah - so Wind-Up is only in an Adventure pack, eh? Of course we found the soul gem for that one and the kids want it. Sneaky Activision...

As for that package deal, well, that is just from third-party sellers trying to profit off the temporary scarcity of the 3 figures. I would expect that to drop to retail or less or simply disappear from Amazon fairly soon.

I have to review what I bought before Christmas (I didn't give them all to the kids). I think I bought lightcore Smolderdash and regular Countdown already. We'll probably want to get the 3 swappables, Dune Bug, and the Sheep Wreck pack I guess.

960x170_skylandersdayoffer.jpg

I'm going because I want Mini Jini! (I wonder if they'll actually have any Mini Jinis)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/SkylandersDayJan/default.aspx

Hah - so Wind-Up is only in an Adventure pack, eh? Of course we found the soul gem for that one and the kids want it. Sneaky Activision...

As for that package deal, well, that is just from third-party sellers trying to profit off the temporary scarcity of the 3 figures. I would expect that to drop to retail or less or simply disappear from Amazon fairly soon.

I have to review what I bought before Christmas (I didn't give them all to the kids). I think I bought lightcore Smolderdash and regular Countdown already. We'll probably want to get the 3 swappables, Dune Bug, and the Sheep Wreck pack I guess.
Wind Up is an awesome character with a very unique feel. You have to keep him "wound up" to do his attacks. He has a little meter showing his wind status, the more he is wound, the faster he moves and attacks. Run out and you cannot move or attack. Overwind and he freaks out with a big spin out attack that does great AoE damage, but leaves him completely un-wound and vulnerable. You have to plan out when to wind so you don't end up out of wind in the heat of battle and vulnerable.

Also, Sheep Wreck Island is really long and a great level. Overall that Adventure Pack is a great choice. If you cannot justify getting all of Wave 3, I'd put that pack at the top of your list, with Stink Bomb an easy second (he plays like a cooler Stealth Elf, which is already a great character). Spy Rise third. The rest of Wave 3 is pretty standard, Dune Bug is just ok, but the figure is great with the color shift paint. Grilla Drilla is a much better choice for a "Dig" swapper than Rubble Rouser. The rest you can stick with previously released characters.

the 3 new swappables from wave 3 and both new adventure/battle packs as well as dunebug are available from amazon now.

Of course all of them are sold out but keep an eye out as they are going in and out of stock. I was just able to get stink bomb and dune bug about 20 minutes ago and stink bomb only stayed in stock for 6 minutes before selling out.

I used zoolert and signed up to get a text when any of them came in stock.That is the only way i knew stinkbomb was available.If it wasn't for that i would have never known as i don't check amazon but maybe 2-3 times a day.

I saw everything at TRU, still managing to stay away from buying into the figs.

Got the three new swappables today at the same TRU that said they didn't get them in. Asked the girl in electronic and she said they had them out since yesterday. She said the people at the front desk always say no when people call about Skylander shipments, because they don't want to have to look for you. Top-notch customer service at this store let me tell you. I passed on the Sheep Wreck Island since there was no sale on them and now I am kind of regretting it. Just have the odd feeling that it might be Swap Force version of Darklight Crypt.

p.s.

I did see something weird at my store Spyro Adventure related they had 4+ of the three packs with Boomer, VooDood, and Prism Break. This was the first time I have ever seen these in the wild. I thought about picking up a couple to E-bay but it seems the market has dried up on stuff related to the first game unless its a variant of some kind.

I saw a loose dinorang too, to go along with the ones you mentioned.
Dino Rang is easy to find, now. TRU got an exclusive re-release of them. At my store, they had several unopened cases of them right before Christmas. They were $5, yesterday, too. I already had him and the rest of the SSA that they had, though. Still looking for that Boomer.

So the other day I took the time to pop every single Skylander we had on the portal. I have 75 Skylanders registered in Swap Force now ;).

I have a few other variants I could try as well that I have still sealed - might as well put them on as well to add to the count (though I'm not sure if things like Blue Bash would increment the count or just change Bash to "special").

So the other day I took the time to pop every single Skylander we had on the portal. I have 75 Skylanders registered in Swap Force now ;).

I have a few other variants I could try as well that I have still sealed - might as well put them on as well to add to the count (though I'm not sure if things like Blue Bash would increment the count or just change Bash to "special").
I should do this. If only I could just drop the giant-ass tupperware container they're all in on the portal...

Went back and got the next to last Sheep Wreck Island at my store. So as far as I am concerned I am done buying for this game until the last three swappables are released.

We decided at the last minute just to give my son the Dark Starter Pack, Tower of Time, Swapables, and the other two legendary guys for Xmas.  So we have probably have like 10 guys we need to return to TRU still since I am trying to curb my spending on the game this time around. We still have 10-12 "SSA" and "Giants" guys unopened in his rewards box from last year. Hopefully when he out grows the game we are able to recoup some of our money that we put into it. Hell I still have like 4-5 Skylander related items I would like to dump on E-Bay put it seems the values are all down.

Found a way to use the "Sky Diamond" in Woodburrow to get easy money for upgrades. I spent most of yesterday using it to upgrade most of my sons Swap Force guys. Feel like a big loser wasting my day off doing it.

Found a way to use the "Sky Diamond" in Woodburrow to get easy money for upgrades. I spent most of yesterday using it to upgrade most of my sons Swap Force guys. Feel like a big loser wasting my day off doing it.
Well, think of how your son will appreciate what you've done. If he doesn't care, then yes, you've wasted your day. ;-)

The original adventure packs and three packs from SSA are $9.99 again at TRU again. I should go back to see if those Boomer three packs are still there.

bread's done
Back