Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

My Target had the Jolly Bumble Blast on the floor today, the system would not let them sell it though. The system said it was not releasing until 12/8, so it looks like they will be available Sunday at Target.
It seems all retailers will have them. We have ours in stock waiting.

My Frito Lay Fright Rider was delivered today.

Any idea if there will be another promo?
Quick Draw Rattle Shake promo is going on right now. I mailed in for codes and after about 20 I still haven't won. I won about 5 Halloween Fright Riders in the final weeks of the promo. I might send in for more or hold the ones I have now to try then.

JAlbertL said:
Quick Draw Rattle Shake promo is going on right now. I mailed in for codes and after about 20 I still haven't won. I won about 5 Halloween Fright Riders in the final weeks of the promo. I might send in for more or hold the ones I have now to try then.
You know you can use the same code over and over as long as you are using different e-mail addresses. It just limits you to one entry per day per e-mail. I have won four of these using the same code that somebody on facebook gave me.

You know you can use the same code over and over as long as you are using different e-mail addresses. It just limits you to one entry per day per e-mail. I have won four of these using the same code that somebody on facebook gave me.
That's good to know. That's a lot of Frito Lay chips to eat!

Nope, didnt know about that one. I'll have to see if i can hunt down a code.
Here are 3 codes you can use.

35W12610481

3AB13030103

4AB12970016

I used all these myself over and over again without any issues.

I already won the limit of 4 for my household so i am done playing.

You just blew my mind right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Jolly Bumble Blast at Target today with gift cards, but there were none on the shelf,but they had them in the back and brought it out. Target's store inventory seems actually accurate and I think this is the first time ever that a retail store actually had something in the back that I am looking for.

I didn't even know this figure was coming but I was in Best Buy and my son spotted it right away even though we just started playing Swap Force the other day (and didn't have the regular Bumble Blast). Then I noticed the B2G1, which I also wasn't aware of before.

Unfortunately they had nothing that I didn't get from the BF sales besides the new Pop Fizz. So I just bought that and 2 Jolly Bumble Blast. I assumed it was a Best Buy exclusive but I guess not.

FYI, it does appear differently in the game. I know not all of the special ones do so it was nice to see this one look like the figure.

As for the Frito-Lay thing I didn't know it was so easy to win. I've been throwing away the codes since I didn't want to enter some little-to-no chance to win online sweeps thing. But I just found another and will give it a try.

:lol:, OK... So I have a Frito-Lay pack right here with Rattle Shake on the front. It says the code is on the front and shows where (near his tail). I have no code there at all!

I didn't even know this figure was coming but I was in Best Buy and my son spotted it right away even though we just started playing Swap Force the other day (and didn't have the regular Bumble Blast). Then I noticed the B2G1, which I also wasn't aware of before.

Unfortunately they had nothing that I didn't get from the BF sales besides the new Pop Fizz. So I just bought that and 2 Jolly Bumble Blast. I assumed it was a Best Buy exclusive but I guess not.

FYI, it does appear differently in the game. I know not all of the special ones do so it was nice to see this one look like the figure.

As for the Frito-Lay thing I didn't know it was so easy to win. I've been throwing away the codes since I didn't want to enter some little-to-no chance to win online sweeps thing. But I just found another and will give it a try.

:lol:, OK... So I have a Frito-Lay pack right here with Rattle Shake on the front. It says the code is on the front and shows where (near his tail). I have no code there at all!
Yeah I had that problem too. Just look for the set of 11 numbers.

I don't know how you guys are winning. I've tried about eight times a day for about five days and haven't won once.

JAlbertL said:
Yeah I had that problem too. Just look for the set of 11 numbers.

I don't know how you guys are winning. I've tried about eight times a day for about five days and haven't won once.
I looked all over it - no numbers whatsoever. But I just used the ones poster earlier and gave it about 10 tries - no luck of course.

I was going to ask - they actually send you something via the email then, eh? Sometimes on these things you can just use fake emails since the "winning" screen has its own address entry thing.

Also, Best Buy has a bunch of games on sale for 360/PS3. There's a thread here on CAG but the OP didn't bother to list the Skylanders Giants backpack that is on sale for $4.99. GCU works on it too - makes it $3.99! I got one for my 6 year-old for Christmas. Maybe we can keep our overflow Skylanders in it. We were using a medium sized tote but all the Swap Force stuff I bought won't fit in there ;).

Edit: There's also a lunch box for $1.99 and Gnarly Tree Rex is $7.99. GCU applies to those as well!

Io, thanks for the update! I'll have to check out the backpack and getting Gnarly Rex for $7.99 is great since that's pretty much TRU's B1G1 free deal. Does he offer something different than her counterpart in the starter set?

Edit: Too bad he's not available for in store pick up by me. I might swing by and see if he's still in stock though and get a price match there or at TRU

I wish I had known about more of the Frito Lay promotions. I would have loved to have gotten the Skylander Sidekicks for my son. Hopefully there will be more in the future.

I haven't seen any SSA stuff at Target since last year. TRU had them for $10 a couple times in the last few weeks, though (once the day before Thanksgiving and for a few days early the next week). No Boomer 3-packs, though (despite some people saying they saw them right before Thanksgiving). I even saw unopened cases and looked in them, along with looking in unopened cases of SSA singles. Although they could have had more cases as the only thing I saw worth getting in the singles was Wham Shell (which I already had so I left) and a couple days later I saw a Voodood hanging on the peg. They acted like they weren't going to put any out because their pegs were already full (mostly of Whirlwinds and other common to find Skylanders), but I guess they did.

I should have known it wasn't all of them as they were supposed to get Legendary 3-packs in and I didn't see them in their stack of boxes, but when I went back, I saw a case of them on the top shelf, unopened. I was told they were getting them in on the truck, because I was trying to get in on the B1G1 free deal (making them $10 for 2 3-packs/adventure packs) and they went in-stock for pickup online, but I didn't see them when I got there. I barely ended up missing out on the B1G1, though. I found out that if you order in store from the website you can get free shipping. So I went into the store (as the Legendary 3-pack and Empire of Ice that I was needing were both showing in stock for shipping) to order them. When I got there, the Legendary 3-pack was OOS. I was then told they were coming in that night on the truck. The sale was supposed to end that night, but the guy told me that they should go in-stock as soon as they accept the manifest of the truck, so I should be able to do an in-store pickup that night and he gave me a free shipping code for the Empire of Ice (since it was shipping only). It didn't go in-stock until a little before 6 AM the next morning. The B1G1 deal was still active, so I went through checkout, and before I could checkout completely the second item went to $5 instead of free. I went back to my cart and saw the B1G1 free was still showing as a promotion. I took a screen grab and contacted customer service. At that point, I went back to my cart and it had kicked out the second item. I tried adding it back in, but it showed up as $10 and the B1G1 free promo was gone. CS wouldn't do anything about it and said that they had no way of me sending them the screenshot. I ended up just going into the store and picking up Empire of Ice for $10. Still a decent deal, but no where near as good as getting it and a Legendary 3-pack for that price.

I found some of the 3 packs from the original skylanders game on clearance at Target, keep your eyes posted.
How much? I picked up most of the 3 packs and adventure packs for $10 or less (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) at Toys R Us the last couple of weeks.

Sure would be nice to get Boomer and Wham Shell for cost.

I haven't won any rattle shake yet, and I play 4x a day, oh well I still have plenty of time to try and win.

If anyone is looking for Wham shell I know there is a lightcore version that is out soon which I will be buying provided I can find it.

Prim, do you have any information about the wave 3 release? There's been a lot of confusion on when. I wasn't sure if you've seen any boxes labeled with street dates or any other information come your way.

Prim, do you have any information about the wave 3 release? There's been a lot of confusion on when. I wasn't sure if you've seen any boxes labeled with street dates or any other information come your way.
The core singles have been sitting in stores with a 12/22 hold date. No info yet on the swappers.

The core singles have been sitting in stores with a 12/22 hold date. No info yet on the swappers.
Thanks so much. People in another forum have been arguing about it over and over. Some were coming on saying their TRU stores were saying 12/22, but no one would believe it, especially after a trusted Target employee said they were getting them first on 12/29. I figured if we could trust anyone from TRU, it would be you.

The Target guy to which you are referring is talking about just the three new swappers.  prim is talking about just the singles at TRU.

The Target guy to which you are referring is talking about just the three new swappers. prim is talking about just the singles at TRU.
He's talked about both, but it's causing a lot of confusion. The guy from Target did say the core Skylanders were coming a few days before Christmas and the swappers would come the next week. But a lot of people are not believing that TRU will get any before Christmas because the guy from Target keeps saying they're getting wave 3 before anyone else. The 12/22 for core Skylanders seems to still fit with what he's saying, but Target isn't the first to get them. We'll just have to wait and see about the swappers. I wanted to get confirmation from someone we knew we could count on.

No, he has only said they will be getting the Swappers first at Target before anywhere else.  He said the singles would be available before Christmas, but made no mention of them getting it first before TRU, only that Target may get them before Christmas.  TRU almost always gets it all first, but with guessing what he does at Target, I can imagine there is some sort of deal in place with Activision and Target concerning just the swappers that he knows about but cannot give specifics.  It is likely mentioned in the 12/29 Target ad.

Has there been any info on which Skylanders are in wave 3?
Singles Core:

Dune Bug

Smolderdash

Phantom Cynder

Horn Blast Whirlwind

Hyper Beam Prism Break

Swapper:

Rubble Rouser

Stink Bomb

Spy Rise

Lightcore:

Wham Shell

Countdown

Other:

Arkeyhan Crossbow Battle Pack (Grim Creeper, Thorn Horn Camo)

Sheep Wreck Island (Wind Up)

Most of them are already out in other regions (Europe, Australia) and can even be ordered.

Swappers are on sale at Target buy one get one 50% off. Its a good deal, the ad they printed was a bit misleading, but when I went to the store today they were on sale. The sale only applies to the single pack $14.99 swap force characters.

TRU today only has Giants figures as Buy 1 Get 1 Free. This also applies though to Jolly Bumble & Legendary Zoo Lou. You can add him in your cart and get two for the price of one. Not sure if it'll apply to other Swap Force characters in store, but that's all I see online that qualify.

TRU today only has Giants figures as Buy 1 Get 1 Free. This also applies though to Jolly Bumble & Legendary Zoo Lou. You can add him in your cart and get two for the price of one. Not sure if it'll apply to other Swap Force characters in store, but that's all I see online that qualify.
Interesting. Those were the two I happened to get because the regular corelanders aren't able to be purchased for store pickup (being that they are all the same SKU). Someone else said they had an issue with getting the sale to work with the ones they were trying to get. I was surprised to find that they were available for shipping (as most other corelanders I looked at weren't), but I didn't see it until this morning, so I couldn't fully test it. Countdown was listed as Buy 1 Get 1 Free, but regular Zoo Lou wasn't (those were the two the other person was trying to get). I tested two Giants figures (Legendary Stealth Elf and Shroomboom) just to test if the promotion was still running (as it typically gets shut down early the next morning, so I had a little time) and they still worked. I then went back to add Countdown and Legendary Zoo Lou, but Countdown had the B1G1 removed from his page. I say they were in the process of taking the promotion off when I was checking. I'm just happy to get Jolly Bumble Legendary Zoo Lou. Neither of those characters enthused me, but my son and I like collecting the variant versions of figures over the regular and I know that Jolly Bumble was on his wish list. I had seen it in the store, but just didn't have the money. My mom decided she wanted to get him something a little extra for Christmas (although she's bought quite a bit already for him) and said she would get him the Jolly Bumble when I told her about the sale as it was too good of a deal to pass up. I figured that although Jolly Bumble was plentiful, right now, and we were trying to limit the amount our kids were getting for Christmas (mostly because of how much they already have that's in the way and to teach them that Christmas was about giving and not receiving), that he would be hard to find once we got a bit past the holidays (at least by the time we got to my son's birthday in May). Plus the holiday theme made it seem strange if you didn't get him before or for Christmas, especially waiting all the way until May. :)

Yeah, I picked up a lot of Skylanders Giants figures and Disney Infinity figures this year on sale - plus a lot of other items over the last year. We don't have Swap Force yet - trying to pace him one Skylanders series per year and he's a year behind. I'll be giving him Jolly Bumble next year for Christmas and I use the other figures throughout the year for good behavior rewards/grades. I try to not spoil my kids, but I seemingly always do for Christmas

It seems like people are starting to receive the glow in the dark rattle shake figures now.

I've seen people post on the official skylanders facebook page showing they got them and also they are all over ebay now and they are not the "pre order" auctions either they are item in hand.

Remember that this is the last week to enter Frito Lay's Glow in the Dark Rattleshake contest. Ends December 31st. I forgot about it and won one last night, after a little bit of work, so keep on trying! 

Anyone have any luck with wave 3?  I saw the TRU email that makes it sound like they have them first, but I have no TRUs near me, so I'm waiting on Target, BB, Wal-Mart, to get them in.

Anyone have any luck with wave 3? I saw the TRU email that makes it sound like they have them first, but I have no TRUs near me, so I'm waiting on Target, BB, Wal-Mart, to get them in.
Yeah, I went and got them at TRU last Saturday night. You can get them from the website right now if you aren't near one, and if you get all five of them it'll be free shipping. Probably not the best way if you keep them packaged, TRU is known to use padded envelopes instead of boxes at times, though.

Haven't seen any wave 3 at Target here.. TRU not close enough, hopefully they will have some after Xmas as I might be able to make it out there then.

So do all of the Skylanders from Spyro's Adventure work in Swap Force?  I want to know if the games "stack" - I know the porrtals aren't going to work with a later game but does everything in Adventure work in Giants and does everything in both Adventure and Giants work in Swap Force?

My son has about 20 original Skylanders and I'm hoping they aren't useless...

All characters are forward compatible. Even the portals are partially - the Spyro Adventure and Giants work with either game. The Swap Force one is required for the Swap characters.

Anyone know when the new Hot Dog swap force version would be available? That is the one Skylanders that my niece and nephews has been requesting every year for there Birthday but I never been able to find him. But this year I might be able to come through for them if I search for him early.

bread's done
Back