Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Blaster man']
Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that we will see half a dozen clones come out this holiday?[/QUOTE]

I'm still crossing my fingers for Activision to take the tech and apply it to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It'd be pretty bad-ass to switch out 4 marvel characters on the fly and it would open up that market to all the comic book people who im sure already have collective personalities.

[quote name='deantjeep']I just called and won too! I hope they make good on this promotion and send out the flocked Stump Smash. I got fooled also by the address question. I'm sure it will be fine.[/QUOTE]

I actually managed to say my address correctly and I sounded very clear on the recording so I should be fine as long as they actually send these out. I wouldn't care if I got a random skylander since I don't have any of them yet nor do I have the game yet but I will probably get it after the fad dies down.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm still crossing my fingers for Activision to take the tech and apply it to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It'd be pretty bad-ass to switch out 4 marvel characters on the fly and it would open up that market to all the comic book people who im sure already have collective personalities.[/QUOTE]

I would spend so much money on this if they did it. I love MUA and MUA2.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm still crossing my fingers for Activision to take the tech and apply it to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It'd be pretty bad-ass to switch out 4 marvel characters on the fly and it would open up that market to all the comic book people who im sure already have collective personalities.[/QUOTE]

That would be a licensing nightmare, I'm almost pretty sure Hasbro has the rights for the figures. Really great idea though, if they wanted to they can still market it towards kids using the Super Hero Squad.

Got an email update from amazon yesterday saying that camo and warnado should be delivered May 2nd.They should ship tomorrow.

Still no ship info on whamshell though.

Also i was in walmart today and me and my son were looking at skylanders and i happened to notice a 3DS starter pack that looked a little different.Someone had opened it and took out both dark spyro and ignitor and replaced them with trigger happy and ghost roaster.At first i thought maybe it was a screw up in the factory or something when they packaged them but i looked at the ends of the box and you could clearly see that it was opened and then taped shut again.

[quote name='skiizim']That would be a licensing nightmare, I'm almost pretty sure Hasbro has the rights for the figures. Really great idea though, if they wanted to they can still market it towards kids using the Super Hero Squad.[/QUOTE]

Activision put out a Crash Nitro Cart game in 2010...do they have the license for Crash bandicoot? That'd be a perfect franchise to revive with the Skylanders treatment.

[quote name='Blaster man']Do you guys think Skylanders just a fad or that it will be around a long time. My niece and nephew keep wanting these but I don't play it myself.
[/QUOTE]

This is the company that ran Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk into oblivion. I have zero doubt that Skylanders will be dead within three years.

Not that it does most of you guys any good, but I was thrilled to find an Eruptor, ChopChop, Bash, triple pack at an Albany, OR Gamestop. They had 1 more in stock. I'm three triple packs away from having all of those, then I don't have any of the adventure packs because I'm finally having a hard time convincing myself $20 for one guy and a new level is worth it. I've gone through $60 in GS giftcards, then about another $30 in cash.

Thankfully my son still loves this game (as do I) so I can justify the purchase as "toys for him". heh

went to TRU in Thousand Oaks, CA last saturday... single packs were priced at $10.99 while Triple Packs were $26.99!!! WTF!! That store is milking out this game hard!

Looking to get rid of a Pirate Seas pack (still sealed). Will ship it out for $20.00 even, since I don't want to deal with Ebay fees. pm me if interested.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']went to TRU in Thousand Oaks, CA last saturday... single packs were priced at $10.99 while Triple Packs were $26.99!!! WTF!! That store is milking out this game hard![/QUOTE]

That's still better than NY. Here, the singles are $11.49, and the triples are $28.99. Needless to say, I try and find my stuff elsewhere, unless it's exclusive to ToysRus.

Got a "Shipping Soon" notice from Amazon for Camo and Warnado, but still nothing from Amazon on the Wham Shell I placed in the same order. Hopefully soon, as that's the last one I need.

For those who are crying about how Skylanders has ruined Spyro...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/09/no-rest-for-the-wicked-ted-price-on-insomniacs-future/

And finally, for fun, Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventures. Why bother with all this social and mobile nonsense when we’ve already discovered the real future of gaming?

We have it at home. My kids are really into it.

It’s wild, right? I feel like Child Me’s mind would have exploded at the mere thought of it.

I’m really happy for the franchise, because – when we walked away from it years ago – I was disheartened by the follow-ups to the games we had made. And now, to see it back with a fairly innovative concept is really rewarding for those of us who were on the first three Spyros.

tl;dr version - the CEO of Insomniac thinks this is the best Spyro game since the ones they worked on.

My Best Buy on 290 got 2 of the Camo/Warnado/Ignitor 3-packs in stock so I bought one!

Anybody need an Ignitor? Ill sell him or trade for a Wham-Shell....

[quote name='confoosious']hey has anyone gotten their winning figure from frito lay?[/QUOTE]

I think it said to allowe 6-8 weeks for delivery if I remember correctly.

Got my Ignitor from Amazon so I need to return my Wal-Mart one, I assume everyone in here has been able to get one at this point. My Camo and Warnado from Amazon has shipped, too...just waiting on Wham Shell now, ordered at the same time as the other two off Amazon on April 18.

Camo and Warnado are "in-stock" using the wishlist glitch. Camo was about an hour ago and Warnado appeared just now. Had to stagger orders, didnt check the triple pack

Are my expectations too high?

I've now had three individual blister-packed Skylanders shipped to me.

Each one of these was shipped in a bubble mailer - and came smashed.

This seems like pretty poor service - but the fact that it's been done from three totally different sellers from three totally different services tells me that maybe I'm just expecting too much...

Ebayers? It's why I never bought anything outside an actual reputable store OR pay anything than MSRP. I patiently started with skylanders April 3 and now have all 36/36 skylanders. With legendary and no special colored ones.

Patience is key.

[quote name='UncleBob']Are my expectations too high?

This seems like pretty poor service - but the fact that it's been done from three totally different sellers from three totally different services tells me that maybe I'm just expecting too much...[/QUOTE]

All the ones I received from Amazon were in boxes and arrived in perfect condition...not that it matters since I'm going to open them anyway.

eBay and other third party sellers are always a gamble.

[quote name='superoreo']Ebayers? It's why I never bought anything outside an actual reputable store OR pay anything than MSRP. I patiently started with skylanders April 3 and now have all 36/36 skylanders. With legendary and no special colored ones.

Patience is key.[/QUOTE]

Based on your post, I am assuming that the only Skylander you don't have is Dark Spyro. I realize that there is no advantage to having Dark Spyro if you have Legendary Spyro, but he is, in fact, a unique character with unique stats. So, if you did buy regular Bash and regular Chop Chop, then I would assume you do care enough about getting all the unique characters, and Dark Spyro definitely is his own character.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Based on your post, I am assuming that the only Skylander you don't have is Dark Spyro. I realize that there is no advantage to having Dark Spyro if you have Legendary Spyro, but he is, in fact, a unique character with unique stats. So, if you did buy regular Bash and regular Chop Chop, then I would assume you do care enough about getting all the unique characters, and Dark Spyro definitely is his own character.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm waiting for a deal on the starter packs again so I can get the DS version. Good thing these things are always in stock

[quote name='UncleBob']Are my expectations too high?

This seems like pretty poor service - but the fact that it's been done from three totally different sellers from three totally different services tells me that maybe I'm just expecting too much...[/QUOTE]

I actually had a triple pack from Amazon (not a third party) show up in a box about 4" too small. SL packaging was bent and creased, it was crammed in there so tight I ended up ripping part of the Skylanders box to get it out. It was for my son, who doesn't care about the packaging condition cause he's going to tear into it anyway, but I was annoyed enough to write to Amazon and let them know I was pretty unimpressed. I was very pleased that I got a quick reply with an offer for a 50% refund. Worked out to be about $9 for a Double Trouble triple pack. Kid was happy, I was happy. Win-win.

[quote name='berzirk']I actually had a triple pack from Amazon (not a third party) show up in a box about 4" too small. SL packaging was bent and creased, it was crammed in there so tight I ended up ripping part of the Skylanders box to get it out. It was for my son, who doesn't care about the packaging condition cause he's going to tear into it anyway, but I was annoyed enough to write to Amazon and let them know I was pretty unimpressed. I was very pleased that I got a quick reply with an offer for a 50% refund. Worked out to be about $9 for a Double Trouble triple pack. Kid was happy, I was happy. Win-win.[/QUOTE]

Best way to pack the individuals 9x7x6 box bubblewrap figure put figure in box tape it all around done.

For the loose indviduals use a 6 cube box same method.

Also weighs under 10 ounces this way

[quote name='confoosious']plenty of camo and warnado right now on amazon.[/QUOTE]

"Plenty" is relative - they are OOS now.

I'm still waiting for my Wham-Shell order to ship from way back. But based on how little my kids played when Camo and Warnado showed up I'm in no hurry, though. They played the new chars for about 15 minutes and haven't been back on since. The fad is over (at least in my house ;)).

I knew these were coming soon (they've been that way in the PUR catalog for a few weeks now). But when did they actually go active? They are all sold out now.

The Silver Eruptor was a one-shot thing (they only had one) and was cheaper because the package was damaged.

I had enough points for one of the more expensive ones but I figured I wouldn't bother even if I was able to. They are worth maybe $75-$100 on eBay (before the release on PUR which will probably make them go down in value) and really that is about the value of that many points. I'd rather save my PUR points for other stuff I actually want instead of blowing them all on something I'd feel like I had to sell. Earlier I had used some on the Minecraft Creeper (17k points for something valued at $29.99 for example) that my son wanted.

Edit: Though it seems like a decent deal compared to the 21,600 point MS 1600 points cards (makes the Skylanders the equivalent of about $46). I'm more pissed that I missed out on the Pushmo codes PUR had, though. Yeah, I had a chance to get that but I just didn't get around to doing it - stupid.

lol... I wouldn't imagine GS to get very many in stock. It might explain why they have so many of those characters at the store level. Does anybody know how many gold/silver/clear get produced per x amount of cases?

oh hope GS has more up on their PUR. is there a list of tiv that GS gives for figures etc? I got some dupes that are still sealed but if I can just exchange them it would be better.

Unless you're a completionist I just don't get the point of wanting those. Unless you're hard up for money and willing to give up that many points to sell them on ebay. But I can't imagine someone who has 50K gamestop points hurting too much for money.

But then, there are plenty of people who don't get the point of collecting skylanders at all so I guess I'll try not to judge.

I'm really glad I just decided to stop checking this for a week. Because I clearly saved myself some trouble since Camo/Warnado/Wham Shell are still in low supply.

I'm starting to feel like spending this last $30 is a real chore.

[quote name='benjamouth']Was about to post this, still in-stock amazingly, just got one.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting because it was definitely OOS a few hours after WhatsYoFlava posted. They must have put more up.

Has anyone seen single packs of voodood?

I have never seen it on amazon yet or any site for that matter other then ebay.

He's the last one i need other then wham shell but i have the pre ordered from amazon so its a guarantee just don't know when yet.

bread's done
Back