Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='darkasian']Went to Target for the Jade Flashwing(which is different in game) and was hit with the the "do not sell until 3/17/13".[/QUOTE]

Yep, that went into effect this morning. They cannot sell them at all anymore until then. They have two weekly ads coming out with Jade Flashwing highlighted and I guess they were afraid all of the stock was going to be depleted before that. The online tracker is also disabled. Too many people having them pull the boxes out of the back.

But don't worry, come 3/17 they will have plenty to put out and all stores will have them in good numbers, so it won't be a guessing game anymore.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I found a Ninjini at Best Buy today. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Found 4 at gs this morning. I already have her so I didn't buy any. Just a heads up for those looking.

[quote name='defpally']Yep, that went into effect this morning. They cannot sell them at all anymore until then. They have two weekly ads coming out with Jade Flashwing highlighted and I guess they were afraid all of the stock was going to be depleted before that. The online tracker is also disabled. Too many people having them pull the boxes out of the back.

But don't worry, come 3/17 they will have plenty to put out and all stores will have them in good numbers, so it won't be a guessing game anymore.[/QUOTE]

What I've found even more interesting is that most local stores (NYC Queens and Long Island) have tons of regular Flashwings. More so, than any other single skylander. I wonder if some stores got their orders filled with the wrong figures (regular instead of Jade over the last week).

Finally tried Hot Dog out. He's one ragin' little pup, that's for sure. Decent speed and he's probably one of the few characters who I actually like to use all three of his attacks. Most of them in my opinion only have one or two good moves with the other two or one being crap. Really glad I decided to get him.

[quote name='dragonjud']What I've found even more interesting is that most local stores (NYC Queens and Long Island) have tons of regular Flashwings. More so, than any other single skylander. I wonder if some stores got their orders filled with the wrong figures (regular instead of Jade over the last week).[/QUOTE]

No, Flashwing has just come 2 per box for the past 2 waves and most kids have no interest in her. Sproket and Flashwing in particular languish on the shelves everywhere I go. The interest in Jade is from the collectors and the people that want it because it is supposedly "exclusive" and "limited". Those tags seem to draw the inner hoarder out in people.

Jade Flashwing comes in cases of 12 of just her and says exactly what it is on the sides. No way it would be confused with the standard case assortment which usually has 10 different figures.

The reality is that both Molten Hot Dog and Jade Flashwing will be/are exceedingly easy to find. Target doesn't keep their exclusives as long or order as many as Walmart, but if you want one you should have no trouble finding one on the 17th for the next month or so. Walmart, on the other hand, we will still be seeing Molten Hot Dogs on the shelves when Swap Force is in full swing.

[quote name='Navex']Finally tried Hot Dog out. He's one ragin' little pup, that's for sure. Decent speed and he's probably one of the few characters who I actually like to use all three of his attacks. Most of them in my opinion only have one or two good moves with the other two or one being crap. Really glad I decided to get him.[/QUOTE]

Hot Dog is great fun, but he is a glass cannon. Lowest armor and not many hit points. Best used with a friend playing a good sturdy character tanking for you or power up using Heroic Challenges.

Who can argue with a dog that leaves flaming bags of dog poo everywhere using an ability called "Ding Dong Ditch"? Almost as funny as Terrafin humming the Jaws theme while he land sharks bad guys.

[quote name='ajh2298']Saw some "Sunburn" and "Slam Bam" adventure packs from the first game at my local Walmart for $19.99. Does anybody know off-hand if these got a reprint or something?[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I need to check my walmart since I can't find those in my area.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I should wait for next week to buy the legendary chill then?[/QUOTE]

Saturday morning at TRU opening. I believe they have held some/all for a Hot Toy Alert (an email they send out you can sign up for on their site) for then. Or you can pre-order now on the TRU site (I think it ships a little later than that).

Now that I got Ninjini (my first Skylander), I think it's time for me to finally get the game. I've been thinking about getting the Wii U or Xbox 360 version. I know the Wii U uses the gamepad, but is there any advantage to having the Xbox 360 version?

[quote name='prim4444']B1G1 50% all Skylanders figures & accessories next week at TRU[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this? I've tried to find confirmation and haven't seen it anywhere else?

[quote name='obidawsn']Where do you see this? I've tried to find confirmation and haven't seen it anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Prim works for ToysRus. No need to check or confirm with anybody else.

[quote name='defpally']Saturday morning at TRU opening. I believe they have held some/all for a Hot Toy Alert (an email they send out you can sign up for on their site) for then. Or you can pre-order now on the TRU site (I think it ships a little later than that).[/QUOTE]

Is it specifically labeled Hot Toy Alert? Thanks for the heads up though.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Now that I got Ninjini (my first Skylander), I think it's time for me to finally get the game. I've been thinking about getting the Wii U or Xbox 360 version. I know the Wii U uses the gamepad, but is there any advantage to having the Xbox 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Wii U = Gamepad, 360 = Achievements. There is no online co-op or other differentiator from what I've seen.

Stopped by Gamestop for something else, and the kid noticed that the series 2 versions of Spyro and Wrecking ball were on the wall. They must've been recently released...

Oh, and the local ToysRus removed all Legendary Chills from the floor. It was a bid odd, since they were all there yesterday, but they must be saving them for the 'hot toy' email prim mentioned.

[quote name='dragonjud']Stopped by Gamestop for something else, and the kid noticed that the series 2 versions of Spyro and Wrecking ball were on the wall. They must've been recently released...

Oh, and the local ToysRus removed all Legendary Chills from the floor. It was a bid odd, since they were all there yesterday, but they must be saving them for the 'hot toy' email prim mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention the email, Have not seen anything in the system about one being sent out yet. I do know all Legendary figures as of the 5th were supposed to be pulled off the floor for sale on the 9th.

If there is going to be a HTA, TRU royally screwed themselves this time as I'm sure many stores (mine included) sold out of all our legendary stock this past weekend as there was no hold date of the boxes.

Edit - No HTA for LLC Chill. Official word from corporate is she was pulled in anticipation of next weeks ad since she is pictured. Some stores may have recieved wave 4 singles today as those are now shipping out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 25 a piece a horrible price for the adventure packs or are they worth it? I was going to get the three -darklight crypt for 75 shipped on ebay. I just got into them a month ago and they don't sell these anywhere in my area it seems.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Is 25 a piece a horrible price for the adventure packs or are they worth it? I was going to get the three -darklight crypt for 75 shipped on ebay. I just got into them a month ago and they don't sell these anywhere in my area it seems.[/QUOTE]

Not horrible at all, $5 over retail. Also from my experience from selling them, it costs about $7-8 just to ship them.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Is 25 a piece a horrible price for the adventure packs or are they worth it? I was going to get the three -darklight crypt for 75 shipped on ebay. I just got into them a month ago and they don't sell these anywhere in my area it seems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $75 shipped isn't bad. That isn't really $5 over retail, even, since many places sell them for $25 retail now (though originally, like a year ago, they were $20). And like Brother Daz says, they will have to spend nearly $10 shipping them since they will be at least in the 1-2 lb range (and possibly over 2lbs when all packed up together) and have to go via Priority mail which can get pricey depending on distance.

I was able to snag Ninjini late last night at Fred Meyer. It appeared they were just putting them out at 10pm when I went in on an emergency run to get more Diet Coke for the family ;). Not only that, but they had a 15% off video game accessories coupon so I got it for $12.74.

[quote name='io']I was able to snag Ninjini late last night at Fred Meyer. It appeared they were just putting them out at 10pm when I went in on an emergency run to get more Diet Coke for the family ;). Not only that, but they had a 15% off video game accessories coupon so I got it for $12.74.[/QUOTE]

The local Smith's Marketplace (i.e. Utah's rebranded Fred Meyer) had a bunch out on display today.

20130308_165855_zps7ebfbd65.jpg

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not horrible at all, $5 over retail. Also from my experience from selling them, it costs about $7-8 just to ship them.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. Went ahead and bought all three. Too bad I all ready have two of the characters series 2 version but I want the levels and extra stuff that comes with them.

I have a question more for the Skylander game players and not collectors. I went through all of my sons guys yesterday to see what he still needed to see what we could get him for his easter basket. And the only four guys he does not have covered in "Giants" by either a Series One or Two guy are four of the "Lightcore" guys. He is still missing Lightcore Chill, LC Hex, LC Pop Fizz, and LC Shroomboom. Now with the regular guys are we really missing out of too much if I dont get the Series Two versions of them?

These are some of the Series Two guys we still would need but we do have them covered by Series One versions.

Spyro
Wrecking Ball
Hex
Drill Sgt.
Double Trouble
Whirlwind
Sonic Boom
Trigger Happy
Stealth Elf
Prisim Break
Drobot
Eruptor
Zook
Stump Smash
Bash

No, unless you are a collector you do not need Series 2 if you have Series 1. Series 2 gives you one extra power up and you can switch power up paths, but that is it. You can always reset a Series 1 figure if you wanted to switch paths (just have to re-level them up) and the extra power varies from nice to forgettable. If your goal is simply to play the game as all of the different characters you can skip the variants/reposes.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Fail! Tried to buy Jade Flashwing and was denied.[/QUOTE]

You will not be successful until March 17th. As of last Tuesday they were locked out in the system. They have a weekly ad highlighting them and realized they don't want to be sold out.

More n00b clarification: I have the original Skylanders but not Giants (yet) but I probably will eventually. So, I have two sets of questions:

I'm not looking to be completist with the figures as that might drag on the budget. However, I would like to play all of the game- which, IIRC, means I want to have one of all 8 elements, correct. Is that true? And is that true of Giants, too?

Currently, I have 7 elements covered from the original series but am missing an undead character. To get the 8th, do I have to get a series 1? Or could I get a lightcore Hex from series 2 and play it on both Skylanders and Giants since the character is in Skylanders? Or is there some sort of compatibility chart somewhere?

SI

Yes, you could get a lightcore hex. Even though the package says lightcores are not compatible, I've got the lightcore drobot and he shows up just fine in the original game.

Your best course would probably be to get the Giants Starter Pack. It has Series 2 Cynder, an Undead that will work in both games. A second starter pack sounds wasteful, but it is a far better deal and it goes on sale more often.

From youtube, it looks like you can use 2 portals together side by side. One powered on and the other not. SO you can use your wireless one with no batteries. So if you want to keep your Skylander Giants in box and play two of them or even the three pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2QYtLZR98

I might pick up another one if I can find it on the cheap.

Thanks, all!

I would like to go with the Lightcore Hex to get something oddball.

However, getting a starter is a really good idea. I remember I picked my original Skylanders set when places were starting to clearance them out for $30 so if I could latch onto the same and just wait until it starts dropping. Or I could find one of the exclusive starter packs like the WalMart one with the glow in the dark.

Is the idea the same in Giants: if you want to play all of the areas, just make sure you have all 8 elements covered? Or is there something else to look out for?

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Thanks, all!

I would like to go with the Lightcore Hex to get something oddball.

However, getting a starter is a really good idea. I remember I picked my original Skylanders set when places were starting to clearance them out for $30 so if I could latch onto the same and just wait until it starts dropping. Or I could find one of the exclusive starter packs like the WalMart one with the glow in the dark.

Is the idea the same in Giants: if you want to play all of the areas, just make sure you have all 8 elements covered? Or is there something else to look out for?

SI[/QUOTE]

You only need one of each element, one being a giant to access all areas.

Was able to pick up two Legendary Lightcore Chills at my local TRU this morning. They were also putting out the Legendary 3 Packs and Legendary Bouncers but no Legendary Stealth Elfs. That was the other guy I wanted to buy to take advantage of the B1G1 50% sale they were having. I would have also settled for a Lightcore shroomboom but they didnt have him either. Will return the extra Chill or see if my wife's aunt would want to buy it for their child since they live out of the wat of a TRU.

Does anybody know when the Lightcore versions of Pop Fizz and Hex will be released?

Ended up going to a different TRU later in the day and finding a LC Shroomboom and Legendary LC Chill so I just bought them there. I also did find a Voodood (first time I have seen him in the wild) on the shelf so I got that with a Series Two Stealth Elf since thats one of my sons favorite guys. Now if I could only find a Boomer I would be happy.

Also went back to my local Walmart that had the "Sunburn" and "Slam-Bam" adventure pack and they were gone but they did have some of the "Terrafin" ones this time.

[quote name='spamfree2']From youtube, it looks like you can use 2 portals together side by side. One powered on and the other not. SO you can use your wireless one with no batteries. So if you want to keep your Skylander Giants in box and play two of them or even the three pack.

I might pick up another one if I can find it on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that doesn't have to so wih the fact that the other character is just near the powered portal? My son had those issues all the time when he (or our 2 yo) accidentally knocks a Skylander near the portal and it picks it up. One time he even left his case next to the portal and it picked it up. You don't have to have the figure actually on the portal.

Found a Jade Flashwing in Target this morning but the register stopped the sale? Not supposed to be out until 3/18? Had not heard about this previously...

They had several Legendary Chills at my TRU, last night. They said they started with 40 (I assume on Saturday...not really sure). It was the only thing they had, though, that I really wanted to pick up. They had a lightcore Shroomboom, but I've seen him around and not one of the hot items I'm willing to splurge on, right now, for my son's Easter and birthday gifts. They said they were getting another truck on Thursday, so I went ahead and picked up a Legendary Chill and the Shroomboom, just in case, and hope to go back and exchange if they have anything when I go back tomorrow.

If anyone is bored and wants to add pictures to the OP so I know what everyone is looking for, it could help.

I took a few vacation days off to do chores and clean up the house a bit and ran into a store that had what looked like a glow in the dark (all one color, that weird off-yellow color that typically glows in the dark) of some bird thing and a sort red (possibly transparent) drill dude. (I have no idea what the names are).

I left them because i couldn't read through 40 pages of posts on my phone to see if anyone mentioned wanting them. While I realize that all of you thread regulars know what you're looking for, I do like to help out when i see something. And while i play this stupid game with my boyfriend once every three months or so, i have no idea who's who. ( >_

My wife and son are still playing Spyros Adventure, but we are piecing together Giants for his birthday in July.

Picked up a portal owners pack for $30 from Target last month, picked up Thumpback last week, and got Ninjini from Target Monday. They had about 5 or 6 my wife said, expected some long hunt, but we got it the first try!

Next she wants to get Granite Crusher, then Eye Brawl, and whichever giants after that. Only planning on getting all the Giants and a few other characters, maybe some S2 releases of ones we didnt get for Spyros Adventure.

[quote name='guinaevere']If anyone is bored and wants to add pictures to the OP so I know what everyone is looking for, it could help.

I took a few vacation days off to do chores and clean up the house a bit and ran into a store that had what looked like a glow in the dark (all one color, that weird off-yellow color that typically glows in the dark) of some bird thing and a sort red (possibly transparent) drill dude. (I have no idea what the names are).

I left them because i couldn't read through 40 pages of posts on my phone to see if anyone mentioned wanting them. While I realize that all of you thread regulars know what you're looking for, I do like to help out when i see something. And while i play this stupid game with my boyfriend once every three months or so, i have no idea who's who. ( >_

[quote name='Only One Haze']Next she wants to get Granite Crusher, then Eye Brawl, and whichever giants after that. Only planning on getting all the Giants and a few other characters, maybe some S2 releases of ones we didnt get for Spyros Adventure.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath for Granite Crusher. I'm not even sure they're still available. I could be wrong, though, but I've never seen one, and I'm thinking I read elsewhere that they weren't available any more. The regular Crusher can be found, though. Swarm and Bouncer can be found for $10 each on Amazon, right now. Since Bouncer is becoming harder to find in the stores (at least in my area) and Swarm is starting to disappear (I think it's because the new ones are coming out, so not as many, if any at all, of those 2 are being shipped out), it might be a good idea to go ahead and pick them up at that price. Glad you picked up Ninjini, as that's the hardest one to find, at the moment. Hot Head, Thumpback and Eye Brawl were hard to find over the last couple of months, but are starting to hang around quite a bit.

In my neck of the woods, all I see is Swarm. I have yet to see a Granite Crusher. I guess I got started to late in the game for it. For those wanting S2 lightcore figurines, Best Buy and Amazon have those for cheap. Cheaper than regular priced core S2 figurines.

Pretty sure our Target still had some Granite Crushers. We've been pretty lucky as we have seen just about all of the Giants in our local stores. Will have to check out Amazon for the $10 Swarm and Bouncer though, thanks!

bread's done
Back