Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

10/13

TRU - B1G1 40% all Skylander figures and accessories. This is a mix and match sale that includes all video games and all Disney Infinity figures and accessories.

For rewards members only: Free Special Edition Gill Grunt figure with total Swap Force purchase of $100 or more.($100 does not need to be purchased at one time) Expires 12/31/13.

Gill Grunt coupon will be emailed by 1/18/14 and expires 1/31/14
Alright, TRU. You win.

Hmm, that list mentions that some of those stores will be open at midnight, while others will open at 8 a.m. How do you tell which category each one belongs to? (without asking in each store).
I believe all stores should be open at 8, even if they are doing the midnight opening also.

Any idea what's going to be included in that?
This isn't official and is based entirely off of leaks from foreign web sites:

Fire Kraken

Boom Jet

Grilla Drilla

Night Shift

Scorp

Star Strike

Riptide

Twin Blade Chop Chop

Big Bang Trigger Happy

Anchors Away Gill Grunt

I held a Lightcore Hex in my hands for a second, didn't know they were street dated till the 13th so I couldn't walk out with it. This is the last Giant to get released correct?

Any idea if TRU will let you combine the " Frito Lay" $10 off coupon and their own 20% off coupon on a preordered starter pack?

I was at Target earlier today and again I found street dated merchandise, this time around they had all the Skylanders Swapforce out, as much as I wanted to stay away from the game the characters look pretty bad ass. Activision is going to knock it out of the park again, I don't know how long their streak can continue though. The figures look a lot more vibrant and look more well made than Skylander Giants ever did, I was pleasantly impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not getting them everything? What kind of uncle are you? ;)

I just published a survival guide for launch day which compiles all those checklists, coupons, exclusives, deals, and more.
I tend to get them each new Skylander. I've already reserved a Dark Edition starter pack, and I'm going to try to get them each of the exclusive variants. I'm trying to avoid getting the new poses and multiple versions of each figure, but when the releases slow down, I usually cave and get those too.

The free LC Hex and other character both require coupons. No promo attached to the starter sets in regards to those two items.
Ok cool so one receipt you can use the $10 off Frito Lay, the tru 20% off, plus the free LC Hex, and the bonus freebie character?

Quick question, on launch day tru will only have two legendary characters available correct? One swappable and one light core,

I am just worried that the promos for the free LC Hex and free $10.99 character will cancel out the 20% coupon
Is the offer for the free LC Hex and free $10.99 character still available? Just curious because I haven't heard of this one recently. Was this the free giants figure offer bonus with preorder from June?

Is the offer for the free LC Hex and free $10.99 character still available? Just curious because I haven't heard of this one recently. Was this the free giants figure offer bonus with preorder from June?
The free LC Hex is still available pretty much everywhere with a starter pack preorder. The other bonus free figure I heard about in a email they sent me a few months back but I never heard anything about it anywhere else. And for the life of me I can't find the email anywhere on my computer.

I was actually just coming to post on here if anybody knew how they were going to handle that promo.

Has anybody got any updates on how TRU is going to handle the other free figure they were promoting when you preordered a Swap Force Starter Pack? I remember getting an email about it awhile back and never saw it posted after that.

The free LC Hex is still available pretty much everywhere with a starter pack preorder. The other bonus free figure I heard about in a email they sent me a few months back but I never heard anything about it anywhere else. And for the life of me I can't find the email anywhere on my computer.

I was actually just coming to post on here if anybody knew how they were going to handle that promo.

Has anybody got any updates on how TRU is going to handle the other free figure they were promoting when you preordered a Swap Force Starter Pack? I remember getting an email about it awhile back and never saw it posted after that.
They're handling it sloppily. ;)

Outside of a very few select people, no one I know has been email the free figure coupon. I spent an hour on the phone with corporate last night and came to no resolution. I even have the original physical ad and both emails saved but 3 different reps couldn't find any of the materials I was referring to. I attempted to forward them the email but they apparently don't have that capability and wanted me to fax them the email.

Their final resolution was to have me talk to the local store manager. When I explained to him the situation he said just to bring in the ad and they would honor it. There's also a report on Reddit that a poster's local store would have the coupons on hand in order to honor the promotion.

tl;dr it's best to deal directly with your local TRU and see what they're doing to honor the free figure

Do we know the date when that email for the free bonus character was sent out? I searched all over my e-mails and I cant find it anywhere.

I ended up pre-ordering 4 different times to get the extra poster since it was only a $1.00 to pre-order. You would think I would have received at least one of these coupons since I do remember checking my email address on the touch pad each time.

The last time I pre-ordered a version was the 3DS version on 8/13/13 if that matters at all.

Emails were sent out on June 18th and Sept 17th. Unfortunately the promo wasn't running on 8/13 so you might be out of luck.

Oh I t

Emails were sent out on June 18th and Sept 17th. Unfortunately the promo wasn't running on 8/13 so you might be out of luck.
Oh I thought the promo ran during the whole pre-order period up to 9/21. I also pre-ordered three copies on the first day pre-orders were available which was like a week before June 18th when the first batch of e-mail were sent out.

When TRU did the Disney Infinity promo for a free pack of Power Discs with a starter pack pre-order that promo was available to everybody who pre-ordered not just during a certain window.

I've seen the TRU ad for this week, and no where on there does it state they are doing a B1G1 40% off. However, someone here said they were. What's the deal with that?

I've seen the TRU ad for this week, and no where on there does it state they are doing a B1G1 40% off. However, someone here said they were. What's the deal with that?
It's mix & match B1G1 40% for all video games, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity so it's not stated on the Skylanders page. I haven't seen the physical ad myself but I've seen others confirming that this is indeed what the ad says.

Had to go out anyway so I stopped at tru to ask about the promo and other skylander related launch issues and got four completely different answers from four different people.

New details about Gamestop's launch event.  I tried to post the image from the email, but CAG doesn't seem to like the extension.  :whistle2:(

It sounds like if you are a paid PUR member, you can enroll in the Skylanders Adventure Club, which gets you a free figure for every 6 you buy at GS.  According to their website:

"Free Skylanders Character* for every 6 you purchase
Updates on arrivals of new toys, money-saving offers, and cool tips and tricks
Ability to score and use your PowerUp Rewards points on Skylanders toys and save even more
More details to come!"

Also, the details on the email say the free figure comes in the form of a coupon which can be redeemed for a core Skylanders figure or figure of an equal or lesser value.

1378804_10151870473623672_524155467_n.jpg

Is there anywhere that tru's official coupon policy is printed? I was told today at my local store they won't take both a tru and a manufactures coupon on the same item. Was hoping to combine the Frito Lay $10 off and the 20% off tru coupons on a 3ds starter pack.

I just went to 3 Walmarts.  One made me wait for 30 minutes while they helped someone with a tablet.  One said they weren't allowed to sell them till the department manager gets there.  Two had absolutely no idea what Skylanders are and came back after 15 minutes in the back to tell me they didn't know where they were.  One actually told me they'll probably get them Monday *facepalm*.

I hate Walmart.

A little ticked off my TRU wouldn't even try both of my coupons on a starter pack so I passed on that. I did end up buying all four single swappable guys plus the legendary lightcore tru exclusive and three of the four new guys. I than ended up going to Walmart and I picked up a Enchanted Hoot Loop and plan on returning the regular version back to TRU.

I have to go this morning to pick up my dark edition preorder from GameStop also.

Picked up everything I wanted this morning.  There wasn't a single person even looking at anything related to Skylanders.   

Will open it with the little guy later.  Not a single review of the game.  I know they have their embargoes, but I hope it's not an indication of the actual game 'sucking' this year.

*Edit*  Seems like more of the same (after finishing the first level).  They have added more single 'core' characters than I would've expected, and then even more 'version 3' of the old characters (read money hungry Activision).  My kid seems to only care about the 'swap' characters, so if that's any indication, I think that's where most of our money will go.

Any word on which version is the best for this game, I plan on getting a starter pack when it gets cheaper, but I want the regular Wii version since I can put the nunchuck in my right hand so I want to know how gimped it is compared to the others before buying.

Preordered at Best Buy, and they didn't even put them out until I asked. Couldn't find their Light Core Hex figures, so they told me to pick out any other Skylander of choice. My son was very happy.

I just went to 3 Walmarts. One made me wait for 30 minutes while they helped someone with a tablet. One said they weren't allowed to sell them till the department manager gets there. Two had absolutely no idea what Skylanders are and came back after 15 minutes in the back to tell me they didn't know where they were. One actually told me they'll probably get them Monday *facepalm*.

I hate Walmart.
Wal-Mart was my first stop today since they opened first. They had no Skylanders on the shelf. I found a woman working there, she told me it wasn't' their department. When she tried to call the guy working over there, she told me she was going to punch him in the head because he is useless. He brought out one box of the triple pack, and said that was what they had. The woman went out back, and said shed found more. There was a full cart of Skylanders boxes, and I said I was looking for an Enchanted Hoot Loop, and they opened two of the boxes, and said, we didn't get it. I hate Wal-Mart too.

Read all the forums about people having lines. My gamestop didn't do a midnight release and there were two people out there this morning when I showed up 5 minutes til opening and one guy wasn't even there for Skylanders. Then I went to Best Buy across the street to use some of my reward zone coupons on some and they didn't even have the things out yet. 

I actually don't think I am going to bother purchasing anymore characters at all until after the holidays unless they are on sale.  I'm hoping someone has a sale on them around black friday somewhere.

bread's done
Back