Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='etcrane']Hi Prim, any chance you noticed if Prism Break was in any of those shipments your store received?[/QUOTE]

Nope. My store has the following two assortments.

Bash, Whirlwind, Eruptor, Sonic Boom, Stump Smash & Drobot

Bash, Stealth Elf, Lightning Rod, Zook, Ignitor & Sonic Boom.

Called my store and they told me they have no skylanders in yet. They told me they are hoping they are on the truck that comes in tonight. I was also told the limit was 1 of each figure per guest.

[quote name='prim4444']Nope. My store has the following two assortments.

Bash, Whirlwind, Eruptor, Sonic Boom, Stump Smash & Drobot

Bash, Stealth Elf, Lightning Rod, Zook, Ignitor & Sonic Boom.[/QUOTE]

Darn, looks like Prism Break might be discontinued until that new light-up version is released later this year. It's disappointing that Activision is playing games with the stock they're providing. I get not being able to keep up with demand, but they should at least be shipping all the characters given the popularity of the game and the 'gotta catch em all' mentality it perpetuates.

How is Bash and Sonic Boom?
Zook and Eruptor looks meh and not sure about Lightning Rod. My son has the others that prim4444 posted.
My son has been begging me to find Prism Break, but I can not find him anywhere.

I guess I will get in this order: Bash, Sonic Boom and possibly Lightning Rod (if my store has them).

[quote name='prim4444']They will not be available tomorrow. They will be available starting on the 25th.

There is a street date attached to the Dragon's Peak pack, even if a store were to put them out, the register won't allow them to be sold.

Also, my store got an additional shipment today with the cases that included Lightning Rod and Zook. Just to give you an idea, you're looking at a 2:1 ratio on cases without/with Lightning Rod/Zook.[/QUOTE]I highly doubt that since there are several Dragon's peak on eBay already.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I highly doubt that since there are several Dragon's peak on eBay already.[/QUOTE]

Probably fell off the back of the truck.

[quote name='hlb96'] I was also told the limit was 1 of each figure per guest.[/QUOTE]

I really hope this is true and the stores will follow it. I really don't want to have to fight an El hoardo tomorrow.

[quote name='hlb96']Called my store and they told me they have no skylanders in yet. They told me they are hoping they are on the truck that comes in tonight. I was also told the limit was 1 of each figure per guest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I really hope this is true and the stores will follow it. I really don't want to have to fight an El hoardo tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So here is the rundown on what is supposed to happen tomorrow morning. These are the guidelines set by corporate. I know there will be a few stores that will not follow this and probably sell the figures at will.

Tickets are to be handed out to guests that are waiting before the store opens.

Guests then can turn in the ticket for only 1 single figure.

Once all tickets have been turned in, stores can sell the remaining figures how they see fit. It will be up to the store now at this point if they decide to impose any limits for the remainder of the product.

Wish the TRU sale included the expansions, Empire of Ice seems far more challenging to find than most of the individual figures, in my area at least.

[quote name='prim4444']So here is the rundown on what is supposed to happen tomorrow morning. These are the guidelines set by corporate. I know there will be a few stores that will not follow this and probably sell the figures at will.

Tickets are to be handed out to guests that are waiting before the store opens.

Guests then can turn in the ticket for only 1 single figure.

Once all tickets have been turned in, stores can sell the remaining figures how they see fit. It will be up to the store now at this point if they decide to impose any limits for the remainder of the product.[/QUOTE]

So is it 1 per character per person or 1 single Skylander per person? I'm only wanting Lightning Rod and Zook (and the Dragon's Peak if they sell it) so if it's only one total per person, there's a chance I'll be screwed out of one of them.

[quote name='etcrane']My kingdom for a Prism Break ;-p[/QUOTE]

Your kingdom is worth $19.99 with 2 more figures. Amazon Go go go!!

[quote name='malalrd']Your kingdom is worth $19.99 with 2 more figures. Amazon Go go go!![/QUOTE]

Wow, that was fast - OOS already.

However, Cynder is back!

So went to Frys. Had like 10 Chop Chops, voodudes, Drill Seargants, flame archer, and cynders.

It was quite a site. May have grabbed 2 extras cynders, an extra voodude and Drill Sergant.

Dont judge me.

[quote name='malalrd']Your kingdom is worth $19.99 with 2 more figures. Amazon Go go go!![/QUOTE]

You rock, they came back in to stock as of right now ... also have the hex 3 pack

[quote name='sykotek']Looks like I'm gonna be sleeping in this morning. Good luck everyone![/QUOTE]

You are a life saver! I kind of gave up on going there not knowing for sure if they would have these new ones and not sure how many other people would be there. Not to mention the 40 mile round trip on $4+ gas and wasting time, etc... Although I don't get Ignitor this way, I get 2 of the 3 I need all while only spending the same as 2 singles at TRU. Plus I have Amazon credit to burn. Now, hopefully these ship and it isn't some sort of glitch!

Yay for being up late playing Mass Effect 3 and for the game needing me to put in disc 2 so early (so that I went in my office and checked CAG at this odd hour)!

And for those hesitant to click on it, it is the Cynder/Zook/Lightning Rod 3-pack for $19.99 at Amazon!

Damn Central time zone, I was in bed and missed out. I really need to find Prism Break. Anyone gets an extra and wants to hook me up send me a PM.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']So is it 1 per character per person or 1 single Skylander per person? I'm only wanting Lightning Rod and Zook (and the Dragon's Peak if they sell it) so if it's only one total per person, there's a chance I'll be screwed out of one of them.[/QUOTE]

It's one per figure not one total. Outside the store right now and just asked an employee. He said buying a few is fine, but no duplicates.

[quote name='defpally']It's one per figure not one total. Outside the store right now and just asked an employee. He said buying a few is fine, but no duplicates.[/QUOTE]

Better than nothing. Glad to see they're taking some steps.

[quote name='phattyphat69']Thanks for the heads-up! Picked up the pack and now I can avoid Toys-R-Us craziness today.[/QUOTE]
lol- 1 hour later and these are up for $150. I hate people.

[quote name='Plinko']Better than nothing. Glad to see they're taking some steps.[/QUOTE]

It's perfectly reasonable. It limits those that will clear the shelves for ebaying but lets those of us that just want to fill their kid's collections buy reasonable amounts.

[quote name='nbballard']lol- 1 hour later and these are up for $150. I hate people.[/QUOTE]

Check back on this as usually amazon puts them up in intervals so it may come back in stock later on today.

[quote name='defpally']It's perfectly reasonable. It limits those that will clear the shelves for ebaying but lets those of us that just want to fill their kid's collections buy reasonable amounts.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I may have sounded a bit negative but I wasn't trying to be.

I'm really glad to see they're doing something about it.

This is getting crazy @ $150 the morning the pack goes on sale!
My TRU had signs up yesterday about the new packs and all they could provide was that they had the dragon's peak pack and alot of singles. Hopefully when i get off work they will have some.

Yeah I can't get there till 4.30pm, wondering if it's worth it.

It's on the way to the gym so I'll probably go anyway, glad I managed to get 2 triple packs from Amazon this morning.

Well I went and picked up a few including Lightning Rod and Zook, they had a ton of each separated into bins and they formed a line, asked what you wanted from the list, rang it up and off you went. No chaos whatsoever, everyone in line seemed to be buying for their kids, practically everyone had a list with them of what they needed. No Stump Smash though sadly, even though he was listed earlier on here. Fairly moderate line of about 20 people or so, I would imagine everyone got what they wanted. They let you buy a maximum of one of each, glad they have finally taken steps against re-sellers.

They had Dragon's Peak but they cannot sell it, the computer prevents it until 3/25. No way to override it. They had a ton of them, probably 40 plus. They also had a few of the previous three adventure packs.

[quote name='defpally']Well I went and picked up a few including Lightning Rod and Zook, they had a ton of each separated into bins and they formed a line, asked what you wanted from the list, rang it up and off you went. No chaos whatsoever, everyone in line seemed to be buying for their kids, practically everyone had a list with them of what they needed. No Stump Smash though sadly, even though he was listed earlier on here. Fairly moderate line of about 20 people or so, I would imagine everyone got what they wanted. They let you buy a maximum of one of each, glad they have finally taken steps against re-sellers.

They had Dragon's Peak but they cannot sell it, the computer prevents it until 3/25. No way to override it. They had a ton of them, probably 40 plus. They also had a few of the previous three adventure packs.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, wonder how those Ebay resellers got theirs...

[quote name='defpally']Well I went and picked up a few including Lightning Rod and Zook, they had a ton of each separated into bins and they formed a line, asked what you wanted from the list, rang it up and off you went. No chaos whatsoever, everyone in line seemed to be buying for their kids, practically everyone had a list with them of what they needed. No Stump Smash though sadly, even though he was listed earlier on here. Fairly moderate line of about 20 people or so, I would imagine everyone got what they wanted. They let you buy a maximum of one of each, glad they have finally taken steps against re-sellers.

They had Dragon's Peak but they cannot sell it, the computer prevents it until 3/25. No way to override it. They had a ton of them, probably 40 plus. They also had a few of the previous three adventure packs.[/QUOTE]

so when you left was there much stock left on the shelves? I'm debating driving to TRU.

Exactly what I saw too. Lightning Rod sold out at the Marketplace Mall TRU in Rochester. The also had Legendary Trigger Happy but no one seemed to be buying him. I was looking for the TRU exclusive Legendary 3-Pack but it wasn't in. I was told to check back on Sunday.

How early did you show up if I might ask? I'm on Pacific time, so TRU doesn't open for another 2hours and 20min... Wondering when I should head over as I only need the new figures...

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, wonder how those Ebay resellers got theirs...[/QUOTE]

Probably stolen from the stock room or through an inside connection. The computer absolutely would not let them sell it, they even tried to override because they were under the impression they could sell it. If someone has it they didn't buy it through normal channels at TRU.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']How early did you show up if I might ask? I'm on Pacific time, so TRU doesn't open for another 2hours and 20min... Wondering when I should head over as I only need the new figures...[/QUOTE]
I'd say a line of 25 people or more at 5 minutes to open with 10 more showing up just prior to opening. They handed out single character vouchers as we walked in, and also had separate vouchers for Legendary Trigger Happy. No one was interested in Legendary Trigger Happy where I was.

Me and one other guy there at 1005 am or so plenty of sunburns but again Sunday they put my name on a list to guarantee one so me and that guy were the first two so well get it must of been 100 boxes with random figures took them a long time to get to two lighting rods and two zooms but they found them and me and this guy both got it. Kind of hilarous though this guy brought a box cutter with him and was helping gge employees cut open the boxes I was surprised they let him do that

I got there 1.5 hours early and was first in line at a normally pretty busy TRU in a prominent location. It was another 30 minutes till someone else showed up. Maybe 20-25 people by the time they opened.

I just found out someone I know who was a bit back in the line just missed out on Lightning Rod and Zook, so apparently those were sold out by then.

They had no stock on the shelves, everything was in bins behind the counter. Had one ringing up and one person gathering what you wanted from the list. They had probably a doxen or so of each, maybe more of Legendary TH, Lightning Rod, Zook, Drobot, Stealth Elf, Bash and a couple others. They also had a few Hex and 1 or 2 of the first three adventure packs. The manager was there and managed the line and answered questions, all in all they had it set up very orderly with a single file line.

I saw almost all parents and only a few people that I thought were likely re-sellers. We all had lists of what our kids needed and before they opened an employee came out and told us what they had so you could know what to get when you got in. I took a little longer because they hadn't figured out the Dragon's Peak thing yet, but they did open doors about 5 minutes early.

The people that wanted Dragon's Peak the manager took their names and labelled one for you that you can come buy on Sunday at opening since they mistakenly told us we could buy it in the line.

not many people at my TRU when I got there, but I did see a couple of shady individuals trying to buy baskets of Zook and Lightning Rod, and TRU gave them the no thank you! Was glad to see they were enforcing the 'one of each sku per customer' rule at my TRU. Picked up Zook and Lightning Rod "for my kids", grabbed AC:Revelations for 35 while I was there (they still have the AC1 packin for ps3) very good lunch break.

[quote name='loafing...']not many people at my TRU when I got there, but I did see a couple of shady individuals trying to buy baskets of Zook and Lightning Rod, and TRU gave them the no thank you! Was glad to see they were enforcing the 'one of each sku per customer' rule at my TRU. Picked up Zook and Lightning Rod "for my kids", grabbed AC:Revelations for 35 while I was there (they still have the AC1 packin for ps3) very good lunch break.[/QUOTE]

How did they respond? I hope this policy remains on Skylanders there for the foreseeable future. I wasn't there long enough to see the few that were obviously not there for their kids (or look like they were fans themselves) get to the register and ask for multiples. I hope they start getting the hint.

I have to admit Lightning Rod is for me, I've wanted him since I first saw the game! My son will like him (but he likes them all!). There is no shame in my game :lol:. The other three I bought (Bash, Drobot and Zook) and Dragon's Peak on Sunday are all his (well eventually, since we dole them out only for special occasions).

Wow - nothing for me but some old single character packs. I arrived at about 10:10 at the Edina, MN store. It wasn't very busy. The dude working the counter said they got very few Lightning Rods and Zooks, they went quickly, and that's it. I called two other local Minneapolis/St. Paul stores, but got the same story. Dammit - I was like five minutes from getting that three-pack on Amazon, this morning, too!

The Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood triple pack is showing as In Stock on Amazon, but I can't add it to my cart. Says it's "no longer available" when I try.

[quote name='BingoBrown']The Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood triple pack is showing as In Stock on Amazon, but I can't add it to my cart. Says it's "no longer available" when I try.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just placed my order.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up one of each of the new ones.
The new clearance items were a bust...
Only thing I saw was a rewrapped Heavy Rain. The manager of the Rzone noticed the wrap looked odd, so he opened it. It had been rewrapped, and a blank cd was inside. Glad she was nice enough to notice before I could purchase it.

[quote name='hlb96']TRU limited 1 figure only per person. Very aggrevated, got lightning rod.[/QUOTE]

Be happy you got that one dude. They are doing the right thing.

My TRU had no Lightning Rod or Zook at opening, only restocks.

bread's done
Back