Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Be happy you got that one dude. They are doing the right thing.

My TRU had no Lightning Rod or Zook at opening, only restocks.[/QUOTE]

Mine tried this but we pointed out the facebook said one of each character per person. So when they put it in the computer it allowed that.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Clearly you must be trolling.[/QUOTE]

My bad, they are back in stock now. Both the Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood pack and the Zap, Hex, Dino Rang pack. Just ordered both.

[quote name='BingoBrown']My bad, they are back in stock now. Both the Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood pack and the Zap, Hex, Dino Rang pack. Just ordered both.[/QUOTE]

No problem, glad you got them. Prism Break is the character my son has been begging me to find. Thanks for the comment about them as I never would have got them.

[quote name='hlb96']No problem, glad you got them. Prism Break is the character my son has been begging me to find. Thanks for the comment about them as I never would have got them.[/QUOTE]

I thought for sure you were trolling me, as you were able to order just minutes after it was showing "In Stock" for me but I was unable to add to cart. Amazon's system is weird sometimes.

The Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood pack is now showing as "In stock on March 24, 2012." They're running out quick. EDIT: And they're gone. EDIT: And back again, but probably not for long.

picked up bash and drobot at tru. they had whirlwind, stump smash, sonic boom, double trouble and voodood but i didnt need any of those. no prism break or terrafin tho...

Got to TRU early. Had a ton of figures, but not a whole lot of Zook/Lighting Rod. They weren't limiting anything, but it didn't appear anyone was hoarding.

They also had the Dragon's Peak playset - and had "pickup" tickets out for it. First person tried to go through the line with one - denied. Sad. Told us to come back Sunday for them. Ticked a lot of people off.

Got the two I needed, one I didn't need (packaged Ignitor), the two a co-worker needed (same two as I) and one another co-worker wanted (L-Trigger Happy). Fun fun.

Oh, man.... there were a number of people in line that "knew" all kinds of information. I wanted to correct them, but I bit my tongue, because I didn't want to be /that/ guy. For example, did you know that GameStop had all the "so-called exclusives" on Day 1, including the Walmart, Target and Legendaries? That was interesting news to me.

[quote name='Velo214']picked up bash and drobot at tru. they had whirlwind, stump smash, sonic boom, double trouble and voodood but i didnt need any of those. no prism break or terrafin tho...[/QUOTE]

Terrafin is only on the triple pack still, right? Saw one Monday at Target, maybe I should have picked it up.

I have an extra Zap I'm not sure what to do with.

Edit: Wonder if I have the receipt for it still...

[quote name='elessar123']Terrafin is only on the triple pack still, right? Saw one Monday at Target, maybe I should have picked it up.
[/QUOTE]

Correct. Terrafin only came with the Pirate's Cove Pack, which also came in the Best Buy Mega Pack they sold last year. That's how I got mine.

I haven't seen too many Pirate's Cover packs in my recent efforts. You probably should have gotten it. He's a great character.

I purchased mine today, I was the first and only one there at 9:10. I had my four year old with me so I had fun with her. It was a cluster when it opened though, it seemed they had things organized "if" there was a lot of people there but there was only 6 of there at opening for the Skylanders. Somebody found a Dragons Peak 3 pack but they were denied the purchase. I did manage to get one put on hold for me for Sunday morning!!

Went to tru around 1130 and they were mostly cleaned out. I got 1 legendary trigger happy. Not bad...im not running around like crazy looking for these but trying to decide if I want to get there early Sunday for the dragons peak. Guy said they got about 40 in. Still...what are they 25 plus tax now? That's a lot.

Stopped by a couple of TRU locations in the Dallas area today. Picked up Stump Smash, Stealth Elf, and Bash. Plenty of Drobot and Drill Sergeant in stock as well, but I passed. Didn't see any of the new figures, but it seems those sold out shortly after open today so that's not surprising.

Just came back from TRU...I decided to go check it out after all (couldn't sleep). I was the first in line in front of all the moms looking for figures for their kids.

I gotta say, it was a good thing I found that new Amazon 3 pack because my TRU had no Zooks or Lightning Rods at all. I also managed to offload my unopened Cynder single to one of the moms while waiting in line (she said that was the only one they were missing...they paid what I paid, I'm no scalper...her son was super stoked...also there weren't any Cynders at my TRU, so she lucked out big time otherwise she would've left absolutely empty handed).

When they opened, I spoke up and shut down some fools (3 scalpers, saw them try to buy multiple DPs afterwards) who showed up late and decided they were too good to stand in line and wanted to bum rush into TRU, felt good.

Managed to grab a Dragon's Peak in order to get them to hold it for me for Sunday (already knew it wouldn't scan) and I finally (yes!) got my Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3 pack! Bed time! Zzz...

My TRU experience

Store did a horrible job. Gave out tickets that read "Skylanders $9.99 Singles Only" before opening. Limit 1 figure per customer.

About 15 people in line. Mainly parents who brought their kids when they should be in school :applause:

All the figures were on this small table and sure enough, about 10 LRods, 10 Zooks, 2-3 Ignitors, and plenty of Stealth Elf, Bash, Drobot. No Dragon's Peak.

All the new figures were snatched up within seconds. Customers were grabbing like 3+ figures each including the kids even though they can only buy one. Most of them didn't even checkout because they knew about the limit. So I assumed they were gonna hide them somewhere in the store or try to convince the employees to lift the limit since there were no more customers in line for them.

All they had to do was have an employee hand out the figures chosen by the individual instead of just leaving them on the table...

I scored a couple Cynder, LRod, and Zook triple packs earlier so I didn't really need anything that was available. Needless to say, I'll be back on Sunday for Dragon's Peak

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']
About 15 people in line. Mainly parents who brought their kids when they should be in school :applause:
[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's a valuable lesson in free market economics, specifically in supply-and-demand. ;)

One would think I would be Skylander'd out after this morning, but at lunch I happened by a Gamestop and they had a fresh shipment of 3 packs in (the website has them too, but they do the random selection thing). Not the new one with Zook/Lightning Rod/Cynder, but they had the Flameslinger one, the Double Trouble one and the Wrecking Ball one, a couple of each. For those that are in the market for them they are $19.99 there and a good option to save a little if you missed out on the TRU event today and still need those.

It's a shame some of the TRU stuck to the one figure per person bit, but it is nice that they have apparently realized and started cracking down on mass purchase re-sellers, with multiple reports of the Ebayers/scammers being turned away. That's good news for everyone that is just trying to fill their collections. With strict limits they will stay on shelves much longer and help break the stranglehold the Ebayers have on the market.

I made friends with a few other parents this morning and traded numbers and lists, so if you need some that networking helps track down that last one or two you might be missing in your area. I don't mind if I lose out on one I need to another player or parent with a child that is going to enjoy it, but I for damn sure don't like getting left short by some skeevy dude that is going to try and turn a quick twenty on Ebay from a desperate parent.

TRU is giving a $5 gift card with purchase of any adventure or 3 pack next week. Hopefully this means that they will actually stock some inventory as they show every adventure pack in the ad.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU is giving a $5 gift card with purchase of any adventure or 3 pack next week. Hopefully this means that they will actually stock some inventory as they show every adventure pack in the ad.[/QUOTE]

So this should count with the sunburn ones on sunday?

[quote name='prim4444']TRU is giving a $5 gift card with purchase of any adventure or 3 pack next week. Hopefully this means that they will actually stock some inventory as they show every adventure pack in the ad.[/QUOTE]

They're $25 at TRU though, right? So essentially this brings them down to the same price as every other retailer?

Managed to nab a few at my TRU. Didn't get Zook, but managed Stealth Elf, Drobot, Ignitor, and Lightning Rod. Going on Friday as the manager said they were expecting more on Friday, and the Dragon's Peak goes on sale sunday. They weren't sure if they'd have the other two adventure packs(I need Empire of Ice), but if they got them, they're going out on Sunday.

The store wasn't too mobbed, and nobody was shoving people or anything. I wish I had gotten there prior to opening, as I would've got a Zook. Still, everyone was friendly and nobody was grabbing doubles. All in all, not too bad.

They lifted the one figure per customer thing as soon as everyone bought their single character. Needless to say, I went through the line twice. Once with lightning rod, then again for the re-stocks.

[quote name='BingoBrown']They're $25 at TRU though, right? So essentially this brings them down to the same price as every other retailer?[/QUOTE]

I think their $29 dollars actually im not sure. When i went to NYC it was 28.99 for the pirate seas. However when i got legendary 3 pack at TRU i was able to do store pickup and it charged me 24.99 so i dunno

The TRU in Media, PA had a few left but none of the new ones. Picked up a Bash and an Eruptor. There was a sign out saying 4 singles per person only.

I've followed this thread for a few pages now and not once does any one actually talk about the game:) it's all about the hunt huh

[quote name='shadowkast']I've followed this thread for a few pages now and not once does any one actually talk about the game:) it's all about the hunt huh[/QUOTE]

Game, what? Oh yeah, that! Last time I actually played it was like 2 months ago. My 4 year old plays daily though even he is starting to get tired of it. I just told him Lightning Rod and Zook are inbound and should be here Friday so that will probably fire him up a bit. But he's starting to want to move on to other games now and for like 2 1/2 months it was all Skylanders all the time.

So, yeah, Amazon actually shipped out that 3-pack immediately which is pretty nice. In the mean time, they have yet to ship the Prism Break 3-pack and a few of the single packs I ordered a couple of days ago. But that's OK - those are just for my nephew. This Zook/Lightning Rod 3-pack is for my kids so getting that fast is more important anyway.

[quote name='shadowkast']I've followed this thread for a few pages now and not once does any one actually talk about the game:) it's all about the hunt huh[/QUOTE]
I just found out about this site called DarkSpyro. It is a site entirely dedicated to talking about various Spyro games and they also have a dedicated Skylanders Message Board there.

The thing I feel about CAG is...they type of gamers that come here are usually ones focused on getting the best deals, so for me at least, it's kind of tough breaking out of that role of deal finder and talking about the games themselves. I don't feel like what I have to say about the game would be particularly interesting to anyone already playing it either.

I mean, Skylanders is pretty straightforward afterall...it's fun definitely, but I don't feel there's much to discuss. It'd probably be an entirely different dynamic on a dedicated Skylanders fansite.

Also, I feel like the general consensus in regards to Skylanders is that it has been pretty difficult for people to get figures, so I'm not surprised given all of the things I've mentioned above that the conversation tends to skew towards how to get figures or the physical collection aspect of it, etc.

You know, I was thinking of something.

Last week, TRU had advertised 25% off all Skylanders Figures.
Except they didn't have any on the shelf.

What they did have was a memo telling them to keep them in the back, not sell them, and tell customers that they'd be back in stock on 3/21 - after the sale is over.

So, basically, they advertised they were on sale, created an artificial out of stock with the purpose of bringing customers back into the store at a date when the sale was over.

hm.

[quote name='UncleBob']You know, I was thinking of something.

Last week, TRU had advertised 25% off all Skylanders Figures.
Except they didn't have any on the shelf.

What they did have was a memo telling them to keep them in the back, not sell them, and tell customers that they'd be back in stock on 3/21 - after the sale is over.

So, basically, they advertised they were on sale, created an artificial out of stock with the purpose of bringing customers back into the store at a date when the sale was over.

hm.[/QUOTE]

Add that to charging 11.49 for a single figure and 24.99 for a 3 pack/adventure pack and you got your self a really messed up situation

They are $11.49 here at the White Plains , NY store for a single. They were $9.99 for the longest time but it rose roughly 3 weeks ago and never dropped back down. Therefore i just basically sniped ebay auctions or tried to get ebay auctions where they were giving multiple figures. Worked pretty decent the only places i got figures were TRU, Ebay, and Amazon. I have not seen a single figure at gamestop, target, or walmart since i started helping my 12 yr old cousin out with this the week after xmas. Its like TRU gets all the figures and gamestop, target, and walmart get empty boxes or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crap... if the new pack is in the ad AND you get a gift card for buying it, that means a bunch of people are gonna be there Sunday. Oh well, I'll have coffee in one hand and my 3DS (w/ Skylanders, no less) in the other in line at 8AM.

Too late, Amazon is completely sold out of Adventure packs. Nothing to see here folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frakin' Amazon. I ordered Whirlwind Sunday night (with a new hedge trimmer, mine died) and every morning this week it said "Shipping Soon". Yesterday they shipped my hedge trimmer and tracking said ti was coming today. Whirlwind still said "shipping soon". I emailed Amazon and got a real quick - in lik e5 minutes - reply saying Whirlwind was back-ordered but she upgraded me to 2 day shipping and we would have it Monday. Only it is back-ordered and they don't know when they are getting them in. So either we're getting it Monday, or we aren't. In which case I'm returning my hedge trimmer and let Amazon eat the shipping on that sucker. Stupid Amazon, don't sell me stuff that's back-ordered and tell me it's "Shipping soon" for 3 days.

I know this isn't the trade forum, but it seems like a better place.

I have a spare Cynder (in hand), anyone want to trade a Stealth Elf for it ?

PM me if you do, thanks.

[quote name='benjamouth']I know this isn't the trade forum, but it seems like a better place.

I have a spare Cynder (in hand), anyone want to trade a Stealth Elf for it ?

PM me if you do, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, if you had said this Monday.

Just got an email from Wal-Mart saying they are sending me a free Skylander due to the Empire of Ice debacle back in Jan.

At the end of January, we reached out to let you know that a manufacturing shortage forced us to cancel your preorder(s) for the Skylanders Adventure Pack.

We know this was disappointing, so to show that we appreciate your interest in Skylanders and your choice to shop at Walmart, we've worked with our supplier to send you a free Skylanders Adventures action figure. (one figurine per affected customer)

We have sent the free action figure to the same delivery address as your original order, with no shipping charge and no purchase necessary. (Please note that this is not one of the figures from your original order.)

Your package should arrive within 10 days. You can track the delivery of your item by visiting the UPS Mail Innovations website and entering the following tracking number into their tracking system. Please allow up to 48 hours for them to include this order in their system.

[quote name='Corvin']Just got an email from Wal-Mart saying they are sending me a free Skylander due to the Empire of Ice debacle back in Jan.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Corvin']Just got an email from Wal-Mart saying they are sending me a free Skylander due to the Empire of Ice debacle back in Jan.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email....and I canceled my order way before walmart did to everyone.

bread's done
Back