SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I have a 6 day weekend now just finished at work. As one of the select few in this thread with a job, hopefully I have a chance.

I'm buying a USA version because I doubt the U.K. Version from amazon U.K. Will ship

I might try to trade the extra for a nes classic

I have a 6 day weekend now just finished at work. As one of the select few in this thread with a job, hopefully I have a chance.
I wouldn't assume that most of the people here don't have a job. It's like the guy that judges the Nissan Rogue driver, who does not realize that's just his work vehicle and has a shiny brand new corvette in the garage. Lol

I can confirm that no one has yet to get a 100% correct score. Time is running out to claim that prize*

*No purchase required to enter, see the side package for details. The prize value is approximately $0.001. Only One (1) person can win the prize; the pride from being the first to answer 100%, a random quiz on the internet. Open to US residents only, grand prize winners will be required to pay all S&H for prizes won outside of the upper 48 states.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have not yet but you can sign up for notification when they will
I don't trust those notifications, there was something last year on amazon I signed up for I can't remember what tho. Never got a notification and when I went to check it was already sold out.

Quick question, anyone used the Amazon notification before, will it simply say "item in stock for preorder now" or will it give a time when it will go live like " will be in stock tomorrow noon pacific"

Knowing how cruel Nintendo can be, they probably ordered every USA Retailer to put up Pre-orders at the end of August 31st when Summer is over. Pretty much wasting the summer time of everyone willing to stay at home pressing F5 all day long. Not exactly a good way to spend summer time. I no longer regret spending the extra cash on the German Pre-order of the SNES Mini the other day on Amazon. I can rest knowing I will get one. 

I don't trust those notifications, there was something last year on amazon I signed up for I can't remember what tho. Never got a notification and when I went to check it was already sold out.
I'm 100% certain that if you rely on the Amazon or Best Buy notifications, you won't get your notification until an hour after it's sold out. And that's best case scenario.

Don't rely on those notifications. Either lurk here constantly or lurk somewhere like nowinstock.net if you're really hellbent on getting one. I would have never gotten an Amazon UK pre-order if I hadn't been lurking nowinstock while I was at "work".

Quick question, anyone used the Amazon notification before, will it simply say "item in stock for preorder now" or will it give a time when it will go live like " will be in stock tomorrow noon pacific"

Lol neither. It will send you an email several days after it was in stock which will be utterly useless. Amazon's in-stock notifications are completely useless for this sort of thing.

I can confirm that no one has yet to get a 100% correct score. Time is running out to claim that prize*

*No purchase required to enter, see the side package for details. The prize value is approximately $0.001. Only One (1) person can win the prize; the pride from being the first to answer 100%, a random quiz on the internet. Open to US residents only, grand prize winners will be required to pay all S&H for prizes won outside of the upper 48 states.
In other words,
Shipping kills it.

I signed up for a notification for the Amazon Link amiibo that just came out. I received my amiibo on Sunday. I never received a notification email.

If preorders dont go up tonight Im just gonna say fuck it and stick with my amazon uk preorder
Oh I may try GameStop brick and mortar, I'm guessing they get some and if you put down 10 or 20 bucks in cash that should secure a system, in fact I'll try calling tomorrow

Knowing how cruel Nintendo can be, they probably ordered every USA Retailer to put up Pre-orders at the end of August 31st when Summer is over. Pretty much wasting the summer time of everyone willing to stay at home pressing F5 all day long. Not exactly a good way to spend summer time. I no longer regret spending the extra cash on the German Pre-order of the SNES Mini the other day on Amazon. I can rest knowing I will get one.
Says who? Unless you live in Europe, that is.

If we all try camping this thread 24 hours a day waiting for Nintendo to put these up I think some of us will probably die lol

Oh I may try GameStop brick and mortar, I'm guessing they get some and if you put down 10 or 20 bucks in cash that should secure a system, in fact I'll try calling tomorrow
They will not do preorders, I guarantee it. And I guarantee if you aren't lined up at your GameStop by like 7-8 AM (they open at 10), you won't get one launch day from them.

I posted when the thread started, they have a call-list for the pre-orders for when the pre-orders go up at my local Gamestop.

I wouldn't expect anything else.

I posted when the thread started, they have a call-list for the pre-orders for when the pre-orders go up at my local Gamestop.

I wouldn't expect anything else.
Right that seems reasonable, you find out when they are doing pre orders and put ten dollars cash down to hold your preorder. So long as you pick it up within 48 hours of launch you will get your system

GS is going to be extremely ymmv on call lists I believe. The employees at the store by me told me they've been instructed not to answer questions about preorders or amounts of consoles they might get, and that there are no call lists. According to them the DM wants it to be random because it's fairer that way. Sigh.

At first I said screw it I ain't camping, but honestly, I'm wondering if doing that for 4-5 hours is a better use of my time versus checking - refreshing all these different pages, managing a Discord server, is worth it. 

TBH, camping sounds like a very appealing option to me right now. 

At first I said screw it I ain't camping, but honestly, I'm wondering if doing that for 4-5 hours is a better use of my time versus checking - refreshing all these different pages, managing a Discord server, is worth it.

Not getting one is more appealing. This system should be made so it is accesible to everyone. Someone put the Gordon Gekko speech from Wall Street. I believe greed, for lack of a better word, is "shit".

ymmv is better than nothing, will see what NYC game stops tell me tomorrow. Mind you, it's been ten years since I've gone to a GameStop but I doubt much has changed

Bored? take this SNES quiz:

1. What SNES game helped push the ESRB to be formed because of violence, blood and gore? (even though this was censored on SNES)

A. Grand Theft Auto
B. Mortal Kombat
C. Killer Instinct
D. Mario Kart
E. Doom

2. What is the first SNES game to get an official rating by the ESRB?

A. SimCity
B. F-Zero
C. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
D. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
E. Final Fantasy III

3. What game from the SNES Classic, is also soon to be available, on the XB1 and PS4?

A. Super Punch-Out
B. Donkey Kong Country
C. Super Metroid
D. Street Fighter(r) II Turbo
E. Mega Man(r) X

4. What Video Game system was born when Nintendo left a certain hardware manufacturer, and instead partnered with Phillips in pursuit of a CD based console (Phillips CDi)?

A. XBOX
B. Playstation
C. Dreamcast
D. Neo Geo Pocket
E. GameBoy

5. At what price did the Super Nintendo launch in the USA for? (inflation value today)

A. $99 ($189.55)
B. $129 ($246.98)
C. $149 ($285.28)
D. $199 ($381.01)
E. $399 ($763.93)

6. Approximately how many SNES games were released in North America (in retail with the Nintendo seal)?

A. 299 or less
B. 300-399
C. 400-499
D. 500-599
E. 600 or more

7. Which one of these, is NOT a peripheral for the SNES?

A. Fighter Stick
B. Super Scope
C. Power Glove
D. SNES Mouse
E. Batter Up Controller

8. What original GameBoy Game had a whole 8 different colors, all displayed at the same time, when played on the Super GameBoy?

A. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
B. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
C. Dr. Mario
D. Donkey Kong
E. Tetris

I'll post the answers in an hour or 2. (should help you guys kill some time.)

Please post your answers in a spoiler. Have fun :bouncy:

PS. some of these questions could be googled, but try to guess before checking online.
ANSWERS:

1. B. Mortal Kombat

2. A. SimCity

(although it has come to my attention that SimCity may have been tied with two other SNES games for first)

3. E. Mega Man(r) X (MegaMan X Collection)

4. B. Playstation

5. D. $199 ($381.01)

6. E. 600 or more (721 NA retail games!!)

7. C. Power Glove (this was a NES accessory)

8. D. Donkey Kong (Links Awakening was remade into a GameBoy Color game, but neither would display 8 colors on the Super GameBoy)

dracula & TheLegendofTyler tied for 1st place with 8/10 Congrats!

Camping out is fun! I've had so many fun memories of waiting in line for things. I'm in Minnesota though and a lot of things come out in those winter months so I'm glad that this one won't be too bad.

On the other end of the spectrum camping out for an Xbox 360 (before pre-orders and midnight openings were the norm) was one of he worst expieriences, due to the aforementioned cold and not being prepared.

But in the fall, waiting with friends or meeting new ones, this will be fun :). I'd rather get one online but camping is fun so long is there isn't any anxiety you won't get one.

The good thing is we have plenty of time to make those decisions. If you can't get one online, then camp out. Maybe that doesn't work either, then you can try to grab one from a future restock. It'll be ok guys *group hug*[attachment=26985:843f643b38158432ca8ece59bab5be32--pamela-martinez-geek-stuff.jpg]

I would never camp out at a store. I feel like with my luck there will be that one guy that just ruins it and acts obnoxious the entire time. He would also most likely be a Hanzo or Widowmaker main.

The good thing is we have plenty of time to make those decisions. If you can't get one online, then camp out. Maybe that doesn't work either, then you can try to grab one from a future restock. It'll be ok guys *group hug*
attachicon.gif
843f643b38158432ca8ece59bab5be32--pamela-martinez-geek-stuff.jpg
only tyler breeze could be so disinterested in a hug from bayley

It would be awesome if one of the admins would raffle one after. I am pretty sure some of us won't be lucky enough to get a system.

bread's done
Back