SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Thank you. I installed the twitter app and created an account for the first time. I know I'm a little late to the game.

I set it up to get push notifications for his tweets. You're right it sucks I'll get like 20 notifications a day of nonsense, but just looking back at his recent tweets make me think that 1 out of every maybe 10 tweets is a good deal I would have been interested in buying. I check CAG only a small fraction of what I used to, so maybe I will keep with this system for price glitches and whatnot even after the SNES classic is released. Thanks again.
But it's worth it. Wario64's Twitter notifications are how I got my Best Buy and Amazon orders in. I've probably found another deal or two out of the feed in the past month too.

But it's worth it. Wario64's Twitter notifications are how I got my Best Buy and Amazon orders in. I've probably found another deal or two out of the feed in the past month too.
I've received about a dozen notifications since my last post. It still seems worth it to catch stuff like the Mario Rabbids Best Buy price glitch. I just hope he doesn't do these Ultraviolet giveaways and steam giveaways every night. I wish I could ignore just those.

He posted a lot of interesting stuff about Target in store inventory for the SNES classic. It sounds somewhat promising.

Unboxing videos have surfaced, along with video of the interface, and games in action. Looking good. USB port is the same as the NESC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unboxing videos have surfaced, along with video of the interface, and games in action. Looking good. USB port is the same as the NESC.
This is my favorite thing to come from the unboxing videos (so far):
https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/911406145197285376
My BB order is in the "preparing" stage
Same here. There's a pending charge on my card, too.

bb charge my card so it's preping

Amazon uk and de idk about fr about to be dispatch soon. so if I get my over seas snes I'm willing to trade it for a sealed nes classic

swih.gif

So these additional SNES means more family members to bring along when buying one on release date. =/

It's always lovely to see the family spanning 4 generations and seeing the process of devolution.

So these additional SNES means more family members to bring along when buying one on release date. =/

It's always lovely to see the family spanning 4 generations and seeing the process of devolution.
Lmao.

I'm gonna try Fred Meyers as they always have good stuff hidden away cuz nobdoy ever goes there. After bayonetta 2 had gone out of print or whatever, I was still able to find copies long after. Probably just show up halfway early. No way I would try my luck at best buy, walmart , or GameStop.

Do we know if there is space on the systems to add more emulated games, like on the nes classic?  I want to add a few games like chrono trigger, spike mcfang, legend of mystical ninja, the star wars games, super smash tv,  battletoads vs double dragon, tmnt, and whatever else I'm forgetting at the moment.

Cool case. I have the RDS cases for the NES Classic and Switch buy but this is a really cool case.[attachment=28090:DEB1C31B-4927-411C-8854-4230D54DD413.png]

Sorry everyone but in protest to how certain situations have been handled here on CAG lately I will not be posting Gamestop or Target SNES Classic stock sheets on CAG.

Sorry everyone but in protest to how certain situations have been handled here on CAG lately I will not be posting Gamestop or Target SNES Classic stock sheets on CAG.
Blast! I was counting on that!

I honestly don’t know how you previously tolerated all the same repeated requests over and over and over again during previous product launches. Such patience!

I just found out my local Target has 52. This shouldn’t be too difficult to pick up especially if you live in a smaller town. I’m still waiting to see how many Walmart is getting. I plan on waiting inside the store a few hours early.

Edit: Target now shows the “check back” message on Brickseek. If anyone was curious all stores in the search distance had at least 30 when I checked.

Blast! I was counting on that!

I honestly don’t know how you previously tolerated all the same repeated requests over and over and over again during previous product launches. Such patience!
It's not that I enjoy helping people here, just certain decisions and actions made recently by those in charge have caused this.

I don't blame you as I'm coming up on 10 years being here and I remember people saying the same back then. Most of the people that used to break deals here have moved to other sites or just on in general (from all I can tell even the verified vendors have left) so at least for me, the only reason to come here is for roundups of strictly gaming deals and finding glitches before they're killed. I got my NESC because of you and it was the first time in years this place was a true resource.

Both of my best buy orders are now preparing.  I'm going to keep one boxed for my kids when they get older.  I did the same with the Nes classic.  They should love it when they get a little older.

I went by Best Buy this morning. They confirmed they will be handing out tickets at 10am on the 29th. They said they will hold a console for each ticket until 1pm. At that point, it's open game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to work too and the wife says we don't have money, which we don't but I tried to explain I only have 1 shot and she doesn't seem to care. She stays home with the kids and happens to have to take one to school, so I'm trying to convince her to stop by some stores on the way back. Any ideas on how to do this? Lol

I have to work too and the wife says we don't have money, which we don't but I tried to explain I only have 1 shot and she doesn't seem to care. She stays home with the kids and happens to have to take one to school, so I'm trying to convince her to stop by some stores on the way back. Any ideas on how to do this? Lol
Get a new wife

Good for you!

I request one thing, make a spreadsheet with all the people pming you now so we can all ignore them!

Can't wait for Friday.  It's going to be easy to get one of these systems if you just go stand in line somewhere, or else get someone else to do it for you. But it's still going to be a total shitshow of people whining online.  People LOVE to complain about Nintendo.  You don't have to set an alarm or ask for a little help to do that!

tumblr_ow20ypviHJ1ree9kxo1_500.gif

Quick sell some stuff for the funds. That's what I had to do for this. I sold six Marvel Legends today for $110. Two of them are pretty rare too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for Friday. It's going to be easy to get one of these systems if you just go stand in line somewhere, or else get someone else to do it for you. But it's still going to be a total shitshow of people whining online. People LOVE to complain about Nintendo. You don't have to set an alarm or ask for a little help to do that!

tumblr_ow20ypviHJ1ree9kxo1_500.gif
I don't know where you live but people line up pretty deep in socal, the hype from the nes classic isn't going to help either.

I don't know where you live but people line up pretty deep in socal, the hype from the nes classic isn't going to help either.
yeah I hear you. I know cali is bad for long lines due to the densely populated areas. NYC is the same way. The majority of metropolitan areas are quite easy though due to having several options.

The nice thing is that you can line up at Walmart for midnight or whatever, then Target opens at 8am, and Best Buy opens at 10am. So there are contingency plans.

ask for some help on here if you need it.

Sorry to go off topic but what's up with all the repros on eBay. I looked up some games and was astounded to see all the Chinese knock off games. They look pretty damn legit, almost scared to get anything second hand now.

Apparently my first Best Buy order is “out for delivery” today, my second one has not shipped yet, though.

Edit: oh wait, I’m an idiot. 2nd one is in-store pickup

Decided to cancel my Amazon Germany order. About $120, got it as a back up and I think this will be available enough that if I need a second I could get one with a little effort.

Got my Game UK confirmation just now and canceled my Amazon France order. Now I can skip the craziness on Friday. Well worth the premium imo. 

BB order shipped via fedex, but scheduled for friday delivery.

These are going to be like super mario all stars limited edition Wii, where people are going to have 10 of them in their closets before they realize they are not that hard to get anymore.

My Target order arrival date switched from Oct 11th to Sept 29th.

Just this week Target sent me a new Target credit card with a new number. I know as soon as I activate it, it will cancel my open SNES order because I ordered it with the old card. The last time they sent me a new card and I activated it, my online preorders immediately got cancelled. I'm just hoping everything works out well if I just don't activate it until after my SNES order arrives. Just the fact that they sent me the new card this week makes my conspiracy theory mind think that they want me to fuck up my SNES classic order. ;)

I didn't ask for it, but they switched me from a regular Target card that can only be used at Target to a regular Mastercard that can be used anywhere. I guess they like earning interest payments from me.
I also got a new card, but it was a few weeks back. I've ignored it and my order is currently in status "preparing to ship" expected to arrive thurs sept 28.

I used the old card in store yesterday just fine, however I just tried to order something online and it failed saying problem with payment, call the number on the back of card. :shock: So close, but maybe it will still ship. :pray: But no temp charge yet, so it will probably fail. :bomb: :wall:

bread's done
Back