SNES Classic Discussion Thread

What's the best order to hit up stores with fallbacks on Friday?

Is the general thinking Walmart -> Best Buy -> Target -> Gamestop?

Kinda thinking I'll fallback to Gamestop from Target, anyone know if Target's going to cap the line?
What time can you go into Walmart and buy it? At midnight?

I just came to ask the same thing. Yeah; how does Walmart work for picking things up at midnight? Do you just hang out in the electronics section? Do they close and re-open? I honestly don't know.

Brickseek is back up and running.
It looks like stores have adjusted the on hand/saleable numbers down to 0 because almost every store that previously had the counts showing is at 0/0. I've even had employees tell me "we can't give out the inventory numbers on that item" when I provided them the DPCI, hell they wouldn't even play the "yes/no is it more than 100" game. Why so serious? In any case, I have the numbers for most of the locations within 25 miles of me and know which ones to hit in case I don't score one when they go on sale online at or around midnight tonight.

I did find one store with over 300 though...

On Hand Qty: 302
**Not For Sale Until 9/29**

Saleable Qty: 302

In stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came to ask the same thing. Yeah; how does Walmart work for picking things up at midnight? Do you just hang out in the electronics section? Do they close and re-open? I honestly don't know.
The way it worked for Switch at my local Walmart was people formed a line at the checkout counter in the electronics section. Close to midnight, they brought a rack to the counter with the consoles and started ringing people up at midnight. My local Walmart says they're doing the same thing for SNES Classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called my local 24 hour walmart and they said not at midnight, they will do it at 10am. 

hmm Why don't I believe him. Think i'll call again this evening.

I called my local 24 hour walmart and they said not at midnight, they will do it at 10am.
hmm Why don't I believe him. Think i'll call again this evening.
[emoji51] I checked with mine last week... I'd better call them today to confirm too.

My local Walmart opens at six -- I plan on getting there for 5. Brickseek is currently showing 40 in stock at that location. If that's accurate, it's much more than the 12 they had when the NES classic launched.

It looks like stores have adjusted the on hand/saleable numbers down to 0 because almost every store that previously had the counts showing is at 0/0. I've even had employees tell me "we can't give out the inventory numbers on that item" when I provided them the DPCI, hell they wouldn't even play the "yes/no is it more than 100" game. Why so serious? In any case, I have the numbers for most of the locations within 25 miles of me and know which ones to hit in case I don't score one when they go on sale online at or around midnight tonight.

I did find one store with over 300 though...

On Hand Qty: 302
**Not For Sale Until 9/29**

Saleable Qty: 302

In stock
Only two stores near me were listed with stock - one with 71 and one with 6. I have to think the one with 6 was an error, or that they will be receiving another shipment before tomorrow.

Also, there are some posts on Reddit about how Amazon hasn't even received the SNES Classic in its warehouses yet, so very few, if any, people who ordered it from Amazon will be getting it tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with Walmart in old bridge, NJ. Midnight at the customer service desk.

I’ll swing by at about 11. If it’s crazy, I’ll leave- if not then I’ll stick around.

Yeah; I thought my local Walmart was a 24-hour location, but looks like it closes at midnight. Guess I'll get there at 5.

Meijer and WM that are 24 hours will sell at midnight. Closest Meijer said they are getting 11. That sounds low. I will show up at 11 and try for one. There is a WM across the street and I will go there afterwards.

Amazon UK and Target orders finally dispatched/shipped. Contemplating whether to keep the EU one or not. If anyone was still interested in trading their NES for an EU SNES, I might be down to trade with you.

My friend and I both pre-ordered at Wal-Mart. He just got a shipping notice this morning with estimated delivery October 9. This is after they sent us both an email shortly after preordering that said ARRIVAL date 9/29. I have not received a ship notice and my order still says "preparing." I did my preorder before him lol. fucking Wal-Mart, at it again!

I'll just buy from Gamestop with trade credit. I wouldn't normally buy from Wal-Mart anyway. I only preordered there because I thought it might be my only chance to get one.

Contemplating cancelling my EU preorder from Amazon Germany.  I got a preorder at Gamestop and one of my best buy pre orders has shipped.  I don't think I need a Euro Snes other than to collect.

My friend and I both pre-ordered at Wal-Mart. He just got a shipping notice this morning with estimated delivery October 9. This is after they sent us both an email shortly after preordering that said ARRIVAL date 9/29. I have not received a ship notice and my order still says "preparing." I did my preorder before him lol. fucking Wal-Mart, at it again!

I'll just buy from Gamestop with trade credit. I wouldn't normally buy from Wal-Mart anyway. I only preordered there because I thought it might be my only chance to get one.
Yep, still waiting for mine to ship from Walmart. I actually got 2 orders in, one for shipping, one for store pickup. One is going to a buddy up in Canada, the other to a Best Buy clerk who I see nearly everytime I go to my store. She was telling me how she couldn't get a NES Classic and how even if she lined up on her day off, they wouldn't give her a SNES, customers first. I had ordered the spare Walmart one as a backup, and I'd rather give it away to a good home then just hock it on Ebay and be part of the problem.

Dang, can't cancel my amazon.de order because it's being prepared to ship.  I guess I will end up returning it or selling it to someone who misses out.

My Gamestop order's been shipped and should be arriving next Monday, Oct 2. My Amazon UK one was shipped and should be arriving Oct 15. I assume my Amazon JP one will ship on Oct 5 since that's the SFC Mini release date.

This morning, I called both Walmarts near me. One is doing a midnight release at the electronics counter. The other is not selling them until 10am tomorrow.
My local GameStop says I should be able to get one if I come in within thirty minutes of opening tomorrow morning. I'm planning to hit up Target in the same shopping center for 8am release, then head over to the line at GameStop. I may go nuts at hit up Walmart tonight. Between those three places, I hope to nab one. Was going to get two; picking one up for my friend, but he now says he can't afford it.

This morning, I called both Walmarts near me. One is doing a midnight release at the electronics counter. The other is not selling them until 10am tomorrow.
My local GameStop says I should be able to get one if I come in within thirty minutes of opening tomorrow morning. I'm planning to hit up Target in the same shopping center for 8am release, then head over to the line at GameStop. I may go nuts at hit up Walmart tonight. Between those three places, I hope to nab one. Was going to get two; picking one up for my friend, but he now says he can't afford it.

what state is this? the walmart that said 10am even though its 24 hours

According to Brickseek Walmart's around Baltimore showing from 16 to 50. Most stores about 30. While only 2 Target's showing stock and they each are around 35. 

Walmart also said they are selling at midnight. 

I have three Best Buy stores near me.  Did a pre-order for each store.  Got two ready for pick up statuses for tomorrow and one still processing.

From what I’ve seen on Reddit, people who had multiple being shipped to the same location had orders canceled. If you did ship to home for one and ship to store for another you’re fine.
That's because hoity-toity middle management employee types like to exert their minimal power whenever they're given the chance, and cancel multiple orders to the same person. Just like how you hear often stories about GS workers screwing with people's pre-orders and allotments. The best buy store employees are the ones that fill these in-store pickup orders from their already-allocated stock units to their store.
(The only thing I don't know is whether it's the merchandising team that fills in-store pickup orders, or whether its Operations (cashier or CS) or workers from the item's respective department. It should be a merch supervisor type person. (someone that wears black pants, from the warehouse.)

Anything coming directly from the warehouse to your home should be fine. I stick to max 3 on anything gaming related, even if its not part of the GCU discount. They never get cancelled. People who order more than 3 of anything occasionally get their club memberships revoked, get their orders cancelled, or else flagged by the system for ordering reseller quantities.

Best Buy Order for me has shipped and for me not going to get it until saturday according to shipping!!!! Co-workers have received confirmation that there pick ups are ready for tomorrow! can't wait!

Yep, still waiting for mine to ship from Walmart. I actually got 2 orders in, one for shipping, one for store pickup. One is going to a buddy up in Canada, the other to a Best Buy clerk who I see nearly everytime I go to my store. She was telling me how she couldn't get a NES Classic and how even if she lined up on her day off, they wouldn't give her a SNES, customers first. I had ordered the spare Walmart one as a backup, and I'd rather give it away to a good home then just hock it on Ebay and be part of the problem.
That B!$% is playing you. Using you for your precious snes classic....

Got my notice from Amazon.uk that my EU one has shipped & got my notice for instore pickup from BB for tomorrow to cover the one for my brother.  So with that all my bases that I had to are covered.  My niece already changed her mind on wanting one (the ungrateful little snot) so by the looks of it I'll have a extra for anyone who wants it.

At least this madness is over for me...well until the n64 classic is announced. :lol:

What's the best order to hit up stores with fallbacks on Friday?

Is the general thinking Walmart -> Best Buy -> Target -> Gamestop?

Kinda thinking I'll fallback to Gamestop from Target, anyone know if Target's going to cap the line?
You going for availability or ease of purchase

Can I get a ticket and come back at 10 am?

I was thinking Fred Meyers (PNW chain) and then Gamestop and target since the later two are super close
I know at Target last year, you had 30 minutes after the store opened to redeem your ticket for a system, else they sold it to someone else. As long as you're back by 10am you should be ok? Not sure about other stores though.

best buy sent a email, handing out tickets at 7 am at best buy stores for snes
disregard that. best buy will hand out tickets whenever they feel like it, which varies from store to store. some will do it at 7am and some will do it at 9:30.

It would be foolish to show up before 7am and wait in line for 3+ hours if they are really getting as many units as has been reported. (longer than that when they shuttle everyone single file through Solutions Central in order to try to get each customer to buy as much other shit as possible).

To everyone who has more than one preorder: I kind of hate you.  Just a little.

Meanwhile, I'm debating whether I want to hit Target at opening tomorrow morning, or just brave it once I get back from working (around 1:00).

bread's done
Back