SNES game case project begins!!

Beautiful as always my friend. I like how you kept the original vertical layout and just added extra whitespace to fill out the cover to fit the Media shelving cases. I'll attach the logo and upload it for you.

I'm doing some more custom spines so they all match for my SNES games. If you want to see what they look like click here. I just make them and copy and paste them into an exsiting cover and assuming the cover is made properly (they all have been that I 've done so far), Photoshop will paste it right over the old spine (just centers the paste, but it works well).

If anyone is interested in doing the same thing, the photoshop file is here.

Let me know what you think.

daroga

That looks great daroga. Do you do that for the other projects as well like the N64 and the Genesis? I personally like to keep things as original as possible, but I like your Nintendo logo at the top.

Here's an old example spine layout that the Mayor and me are talking about for Super Famicom games. It just has the Super Famicom logo at the bottom centered to match the SNES spine style.

[quote name='Segafiend']That looks great daroga. Do you do that for the other projects as well like the N64 and the Genesis? I personally like to keep things as original as possible, but I like your Nintendo logo at the top.

Here's an old example spine layout that the Mayor and me are talking about for Super Famicom games. It just has the Super Famicom logo at the bottom centered to match the SNES spine style.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I wanted to do something a little different after I had the wildly varying looks of the GBA project. Check the N64 thread and help me figure out what the N64 spines should look like ;)

daroga

I personally prefer the original art/spines, but I can see the appeal of having a uniform look. Of course, my current gen PS2 and GCN games don't have a uniform look either...

Ok, I have aprrox. 50 cases from http://www.mediacases.com with the plastic sleeves I want to unload. I am selling them for $ .61 cents each plus what ever the shipping cost is to send to who buys them. Not making any money off this .61cents is the price that I paid for the cases and shipping to get to me. Private message me if anyone is interested. I can accept paypal and money orders

[quote name='ItoBandito']Ok, I have aprrox. 50 cases from http://www.mediacases.com with the plastic sleeves I want to unload. I am selling them for $ .61 cents each plus what ever the shipping cost is to send to who buys them. Not making any money off this .61cents is the price that I paid for the cases and shipping to get to me. Private message me if anyone is interested. I can accept paypal and money orders[/QUOTE]

PMed

These would make my collection look incredible. If anyone has extra cases and could print some covers for me, I will offer a reasonable premium (I'm also looking for N64 covers). PM me and we'll work something out.

I adapted some of my Super Famicom games into covers for the project, I just uploaded on Snackbar games ALTTP's Japanese cover, and will upload Mario RPG's and Super Metroid once I've finished them. I also made a custom cover for Super Street Fighter II, if I upload it will it be tagged as custom automatically?

[quote name='Backlash']Nice. Is there a cover for that bad boy?[/QUOTE]

Not made as far as I know, but then again, this project seems to have come to a screeching hault lately.

daroga

People are heading back to school and don't have time to create covers right now. It will pick back up once everyone is settled in.

[quote name='daroga']Overall a nice look, but they're way too small. Need to be 300 dpi, 3366 x 2100.

daroga[/QUOTE]

Imageshack is shrinking the file to make it less than 1024 kilobytes. Anybody know a free image hosting site that allows files larger than this? Anyway, I e-mailed them to Snowcone. Maybe he can have them up in the next couple of days at Snackbar.

Next on the list Mega Max X3 and Starfox.

I searched all over for decent scans of

Mega Man X2
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Return of the Jedi

if anybody has or can scan these boxes, I'll do my best to try to make the covers.

[quote name='kdunn77']Imageshack is shrinking the file to make it less than 1024 kilobytes. Anybody know a free image hosting site that allows files larger than this? Anyway, I e-mailed them to Snowcone. Maybe he can have them up in the next couple of days at Snackbar.

Next on the list Mega Max X3 and Starfox.

I searched all over for decent scans of

Mega Man X2
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Return of the Jedi

if anybody has or can scan these boxes, I'll do my best to try to make the covers.[/QUOTE]
I have one for Mario RPG but it's the Japanese box, and I also adapted it to a cover for this project but it's bigger than 1 MB, so my host won't let me upload it. I also adapted Zelda 3. Where can I upload them?

Anybody have any cases they can part with? I need about 15. If nobody has any I'll spring for the whole box of 100. If I do this is anyone interested in buying some cases off of me? I'm not looking to make money, just want to get rid of the extras and possibly help someone out. Send me a PM if interested in either. Thanks!

kdunn77 the Mario All-Starts one is great. It's the last one I needed since I never got a box with mine (free promo thing).

[quote name='cyrix`']do those media shelving have a part of the cover.[/QUOTE]

Uh, sorry don't understand the question. What do you mean?

like they have a little plastic cover over the case that you slide in the snes cover in rite? like the plastic clear part of a dvd case.

just asking cuz i got old game cases but they dont have these

[quote name='cyrix`']like they have a little plastic cover over the case that you slide in the snes cover in rite? like the plastic clear part of a dvd case.

just asking cuz i got old game cases but they dont have these[/QUOTE]Yeah they do, if they didn't, we wouldn't have these projects anyways.

I'm trying to start a selection of rarer SNES games but although I can find the carts, a mint box is very difficult. Hopefully, we can get some people with Chavez II, Fun 'n Games and Aero Fighters to help us out. In fact, it would be nice to find someone with the promotional insert that came with Donkey Kong Country Competition which displayed the rules and what not of the tournament.

[quote name='Picky']I'm trying to start a selection of rarer SNES games but although I can find the carts, a mint box is very difficult. Hopefully, we can get some people with Chavez II, Fun 'n Games and Aero Fighters to help us out. In fact, it would be nice to find someone with the promotional insert that came with Donkey Kong Country Competition which displayed the rules and what not of the tournament.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy just getting the boxes for the normal, popular games, much less the rare games. I think exactly half of my small collection (19 or 20 games) has covers right now.

Ok. I got my game cases in today and I have no idea where to put them all. I just got two game cartridges too: Pieces and Oscar. Now if only I knew someone who had the box.

Ok I just wanna get this right.

We buy these cases from a certain guy on a forum, then download the box covers from your site and make our own?

You can buy the cases directly from Media Shelving, but they come in lots of 100. So some people who bought 100 cases are selling off the extras.

Once you have however many cases you need, you download the jpg covers and print them on a nice laserjet (or inkjet if you must) on legal size paper. Trim off the extra white borders, slide the cover into the sleeve on the case, and you're done!

i dont get why people sell of some of there 100 cases...
don't you have more than one system with games (these fit all catridges) and aren't you going to buy more games???

[quote name='cyrix`']i dont get why people sell of some of there 100 cases...
don't you have more than one system with games (these fit all catridges) and aren't you going to buy more games???[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, but many of us don't own anywhere near 100 combined games for the systems these cases are useful for.

daroga

Exactly. I have about 20 SNES and 20 N64 games. I do need a few extra cases now for games I have bought since my initial case purchase (and games I know I want), but I don't need 60 more.

i guess me having 2 other brothers kinda helps the reasoning of why i have around 100 catridges...

Noooooooooo! We can't let the case project die, I still need scans for the back of Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Mega Man X2, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi. Someone please help with my obsession of repackaging old games!!!!!

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed that this died. I am willing to try to polish some covers up if people upload raw scans. In the meantime, I've tried to piece some covers together out of images from the internet, but they're always too small, low DPI, etc. I made one for Actraiser today. I'm gonna try to print it tomorrow and see how it does.

I have my first box scanned in. Not exactly sure if I followed the instructions correctly. If someone wants me to email it to them so they can make any last second changes if necessary, and then host it on their server, let me know.

The game is: Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1

[quote name='kdunn77']Noooooooooo! We can't let the case project die, I still need scans for the back of Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Mega Man X2, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi. Someone please help with my obsession of repackaging old games!!!!![/QUOTE]
If you want you can use the case I made for Super Mario RPG, but it's the Japanese version, which I uploaded on Snackbar Games:

http://www.snackbar-games.com/gbacovers.php

[quote name='RockinX']If you want you can use the case I made for Super Mario RPG, but it's the Japanese version, which I uploaded on Snackbar Games:

http://www.snackbar-games.com/gbacovers.php[/QUOTE]

I have that printed now, but I bought a crisp mint "for display only" box off of Ebay last night and will be completing a US version in the near future, I found a great front cover scan somewhere on the net about 2 month ago, so the "for display only" should not be a problem.

Now, what can we do for:

Mega Man X2
Super Mario World
Super Return of the Jedi ????????

It's tough, you really have got to have the box to scan. The only way to keep this going is for people with the boxes (mainly collectors) to volunteer to scan their boxes.

I made an Actraiser cover from small scans I found on the web, but it kind of sucks so I didn't even post it at snackbar. It's better than nothing, but of course it ended up a bit pixelated when I blew the images up 400%.

I've been on vacation forever so I've been out of the loop, but I'll be glad to fix up any boxes if people send me scans. BTW, Snackbar got a mention in EDGE magazine for their game box hosting. We might see a surge of interest. (If you don't read EDGE, get on it. It's the best game magazine there is. It comes from the UK)

[quote name='cyrix`']Pretty descent there besides the front cover being a whole different shade of black.[/QUOTE]

Can't tell the difference on the print, and that's where it counts.:bow:

bread's done
Back