SNES game case project begins!!

[quote name='billyG']ok I have one of yoshis island put together, but it is too large to put on image shack. also it might need a small amount of retouching..

Let me know what to do with the file.

If my paint shop pro job sucks i can just upload the box scans if you want.[/QUOTE]

I did Yoshi's Island already - see above. Though Snowcone still hasn't added it to the list.

My fault, it's not that I didn't see your post, it's that I totally forgot about it and was going by Snackbar's list.

[quote name='Backlash']How do you know?[/quote]

Nintendo logo on the bottom of the spine instead of the SNES circles.

MADE in MEXICO on back above nintendo logo

Full UPC # - The scan I used to make the original was from a presale box.

Animaniacs is done. http://rapidshare.de/files/14772398/animaniacs.jpg.html

[quote name='billyG']ok I have one of yoshis island put together, but it is too large to put on image shack. also it might need a small amount of retouching..

Let me know what to do with the file.

If my paint shop pro job sucks i can just upload the box scans if you want.[/QUOTE]

I'll do the editing on some of those if you can scan them. I'm really looking to do a Illusion of Gaia cover.

-----

my.php

This is a zip containing huge scans of certain areas on SNES boxes. I copy/paste these over the original cover scan to make sure the colors are solid and free of noise, and then delete the original area underneath. There's a TXT inside explaining how this is done. These are similar to the gameboy resources on Snackbar.

http://rapidshare.de/files/14117585/cover_resources.zip.html

I was just perusing the covers on Snackbar and realized that there are some crazy omissions from the list of printable SNES inserts. It is an absolute crime that there isn't a cover for either Super MarioWorld or Donkey Kong Country! Am I supposed to believe that no one out there has a nice, scannable box for either game? I have a decent one for DKC, but I possess no skill with Photoshop. Somebody else would have to touch it up. I'll have to see later if I can get my asstacular scanner up and running to get a high resolution scan of it.

[quote name='neschamp']I was just perusing the covers on Snackbar and realized that there are some crazy omissions from the list of printable SNES inserts. It is an absolute crime that there isn't a cover for either Super MarioWorld or Donkey Kong Country! Am I supposed to believe that no one out there has a nice, scannable box for either game? I have a decent one for DKC, but I possess no skill with Photoshop. Somebody else would have to touch it up. I'll have to see later if I can get my asstacular scanner up and running to get a high resolution scan of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been waiting for SMW forever. However, someone did make one for DKC - it was listed on page 1 or 2 of this thread, I think. If it's not at snackbar, I'll try to see if I have a copy locally somewhere. I do have it printed out and sitting on my shelf at home.

Edit: See post #9 of this thread. The link is still active. Someone just needs to submit it to snackbar and give SosTrooper the credit for the upload.

I typically try and upload covers everyday. Sometimes that doesn't happen due to my workload here at the office. A quick PM/email nudge is usually enough to get me to stop what I am doing and post them. We are creeping up on 1000 total covers. Nice job everyone.

I don't suppose anyone has been able to create a cover for Mortal Kombat 3...even a lower quality one? I've come to terms with the fact that most of my SNES collection will remain uncased, but it's driving me nuts to see cases for MK, MKII....then MK4. Anyone out there have a solution? Thanks!

there should be a thread that shows ebay auctions of any game boxes so if an individual is mad there isn't a scan they can just buy one themselves.

I uploaded the DKC from the first page and gave the dude credit. Now, this project needs a good kick in the ass, so I'm going to buy a bunch of cheap boxes off ebay. I'll also work on making a completion list.

I bought some of the cases you guys are using recentely from a fellow CAG, but I'm not sure who it was, and I'm looking for buy about 5-10 more of these cases, but I don't want to buy the 50 lot.

If there's anyone who can help me out and will send me some of there cases in exchage for $ or some trades, gimme a PM.

Thanks!

Ordered 5 complete games

-Fatal Fury
-Battleclash
-Metal Combat Falcon's Revenge
-Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
-Revolution X

It's not much, but it's a start. I'll work on trying to get a complete Breath of Fire II next.

And the completion list is almost complete. Basically just ripped off the N64 list (>_>)

Over at the n64 thread I have setup a gallery for final and raw covers. Snackbar already handles the final ones, so perhaps you will only use the raw part.

People who can use a scanner but not photoshop (like myself) will scan in their images and then upload them to the raw gallery. Then someone whose a little more savy w/photoshop can fix them.

the url for the snes cover site is
http://snes.ukbeats.com

In order to view files you can just browse, but if you want to upload you have to login (login in top right), the login and password are both snescovers

If you want to get a glimpse at how it looks you can check out the n64 gallery at http://n64.ukbeats.com

I don't have any snes games and probably won't be checking this thread too often, so if you need to contact me messaging me would be the best way if I haven't responded to a question or something in awhile.

Nate

Also, if you are viewing the images to edit make you sure you click on the thumbnail, and then click on that enlarged image again to make it even larger (the maximum size). Also, when uploading I suggest using the "form" tab; the other tabs are new with the gallery program (it's open source) and I'm guessing a little buggy.

Nate

Nate's gallery doesn't seem to be working for me, so I got a box.net account. I have the following raw scans uploaded. Hopefully, someone can make these into covers. If you need a rescan or anything, let me know.

Battleclash
Front
Back

Fatal Fury
Front
Back

Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
Front
Back

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
Front
Back

Revolution X
Front
Back

im sorry smmm, if i contact support at my hoster they'll just have me test it and it works fine (for me)... I've tried it with IE and firefox... odd... if someone else has trouble I can delete the gallery and reinstall it at all.. I'm sorry for the hassle, thanks for the scans, even though I'm not part of this project I still like knowing that if I ever want to collect snes I can use these scans =)

Nate

Revolution X will have to wait. The others have been completed.

http://www.box.net/public/kc94e2d5kq

I didn't upload them to Snackbar yet because I wanted to ask the people that download covers if the proportions for the spines I used (I had my N64 template as a reference) are correct. Oh, I'm a bit tired, I spent a lot of time doing these.

Really appreciate it. You rock, RockinX! SNES dimensions are in the first post, but I don't think they should be any different than the N64 dimensions, since they use the same case.

[quote name='SMMM'] I don't think they should be any different than the N64 dimensions, since they use the same case.[/QUOTE]
Hehe, the thing is that I didn't want to do it :p

Just completed the SNES completion list(basically ripped off the N64 one haha). Anyone know where I can host it?

This was posted in the N64 project - a lot of 286 SNES boxes!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/268-SUPER-NINTE...Z8277545473QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He has a few I need that I figured we'd never get, like Rampart and FIFA Soccer. If we could get a bunch of people to throw in a few bucks each and ship them to someone who would scan them in I'd certainly contribute some $$. I don't have time to scan them right now though.

Anyone else intersted in pooling our money? Anyone willing to scan them?

I'll definently be able to scan them. Maybe throw in $5-10(maybe more if I decided to sell some stuff)

And when we're done, we'd easily be able to resell them.

bread's done
Back