So, do you act like yourself on message boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
A lot of people actually pretend to be someone they are not on message boards, moreso than one might imagine.

Like guys pretend to be girls, and vise versa, and people take on completely radical personalities.

So, are you really the person you are when you are posting?

Of course not.

In real life, I can fly as well. And see through walls. I have no need for those skills on the interwebs.

I have a few different personalities in real life, so...

Yes, I am the person I am when I'm posting. how could I not be?
[/oooohhhh deep]

Good lord, keep your series of questions consistent. I read the title and my answer was "yes", then I saw the poll question was worded oddly and required me to say "no". Then yet again you ask the question at the end of your post that illicits a "yes" response. Quit fucking up my groove.

Im in prison with a life sentence for murdering 30 people and I just stabbed someone for chewing to loudly at dinner, but online Im a real swell guy.

[quote name='Diiz']Good lord, keep your series of questions consistent. I read the title and my answer was "yes", then I saw the poll question was worded oddly and required me to say "no". Then yet again you ask the question at the end of your post that illicits a "yes" response. Quit fucking up my groove.[/quote]

Crap I did the same thing :(

Believe it or not, I am actually not a crazy guy who has conspiracy theories and shit. I think it's kinda fun pretending to be someone I am not online.

Although, I am a bit of an X-Files fan, and I do have a bi-sexual girlfreind* who smoked weed (but recently quit), and I did work at Food Lion (and all related stories were true). But other than that, everything else about me is a lie.

Actually, I find it kind of boring pretending now, so I am going to be myself. Well, some of the time. I from now on will be half me and half quackzilla, by decree of the official order of me.

*actually, she won't admit it, but I think any girl who says she prefers sex with women but wants to marry a man is a lesbian in denial. I don't know why but I find crazy to be an attractive trait, which is why any and all relationships are pretty much doomed from the start. haha, but that crazy bitch is HOT!

AND NO I AM NOT HIGH RIGHT NOW!
...I am drunk :)
I seriously need to cut off my internet connection when I am about to become intoxicated, when I am drunk or high I tell people things that would better be kept secret.

[quote name='Diiz']Good lord, keep your series of questions consistent. I read the title and my answer was "yes", then I saw the poll question was worded oddly and required me to say "no". Then yet again you ask the question at the end of your post that illicits a "yes" response. Quit fucking up my groove.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I guess I was had as well. answered "yes" to the poll thinking it was the same question.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Believe it or not, I am actually not a crazy guy who has conspiracy theories and shit. I think it's kinda fun pretending to be someone I am not online.

Although, I am a bit of an X-Files fan, and I do have a bi-sexual girlfreind* who smoked weed (but recently quit), and I did work at Food Lion (and all related stories were true). But other than that, everything else about me is a lie.

Actually, I find it kind of boring pretending now, so I am going to be myself. Well, some of the time. I from now on will be half me and half quackzilla, by decree of the official order of me.

*actually, she won't admit it, but I think any girl who says she prefers sex with women but wants to marry a man is a lesbian in denial. I don't know why but I find crazy to be an attractive trait, which is why any and all relationships are pretty much doomed from the start.

AND NO I AM NOT HIGH RIGHT NOW!
...I am drunk :)[/QUOTE]

you're hiding something. just come out. you're a furry, right? I mean, all the signs are there.

In real life I don't make constant stupid jokes. Also I'm not as big of a smartass as I can be on here. I smart off from time to time in the RL. But here its nonstop. Thats the only difference between Graystone/CitizenB, and Joshua.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']With the differing thread title and poll question I can't be sure what's really being answered. :lol:
[/QUOTE]
hey my drunk grammar is perfectly great and correct and stuff.!

Do not criticise my poll!

Plus I have logical thinking and conversation ability.

Usually, I act like the more civilized me, but it's still me. I'm more abrasive in person, but I'm not interested in having heated arguments on the internet with strangers because I find it boring. Plus, I find text chat rather obs

Usually, I act like the more civilized me, but it's still me. I'm more abrasive in person, but I'm not interested in having heated arguments on the internet with strangers because I find it boring. I don't mind writing long posts as long as there's no emotion involved, and everyone is playing nice :)

Plus, I find text chat rather obstructive to having long drawn out "conversations." Two reasons are the lag in response, and the mis-reading of text and its context.

The results are probably FUBARed because you asked the question one way in the thread title and the opposite way for the official poll question.

(Already mentioned several times, but it's true.)

Yes, my personalities differ because in real life I am mute.

Kidding. Actually in real life I'm a much bigger asshole than I am online, but since the Internet already suffers from a glut of professional grade assholes, I figured there's no point in going down that road because it's already covered.

yep. why the hell be anything but yourself? this place is all about gaming and game deals who the hell do you think you need to impress by trying to be something youre not? same for any webboard just go on chat it up post your thoughts and ideas and have fun. what always cracks me up are those guys on webboards that always try to act tough or bully people around especially when theyre made moderators.

they drop all these lame arbitrary rules and people clamber around them like their shit dont stink and they want a whiff. this is the only webboard where i havent seen any of that and its a great change from the norm even though theres a big gap in the differences in ages , races and sexes here everyone for the most part is very chiil and cool. even if you get heated sometimes everyone lets it go and moves on and nobody tries to hold a lame grudge. must be the love for videogames or something i dunno.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I'm a horse too, the original CAG horse might I add. ;)[/quote]

do you guys ever... you know... bein' horses and all...

on a side note, yes i'm a ninja, i have my degree in ninjology, and i am the oldest ninja alive, what what what.

okay there is this girl i know jusst smoked hehe but anyway she says she is bisexualwhich i think is cool i mean hey why not but then she says she likes to wear colone and be the man okay that is freaky isnt is but wow that is creepy what should i say to her im not into that stuff but she is reely nice an hot too but i think she is a total lesbian which is okay kind of cooll actually but she need admit it and stop lying to hersefl and stuff1

So, Quack, is this how you act in real life? Or are you just pretending for a message board?

Just so everyone knows, this little nugget of joy was written by Quackzilla himself, who is supposedly always better than all of us.

[quote name='Roufuss']So, Quack, is this how you act in real life? Or are you just pretending for a message board?

Just so everyone knows, this little nugget of joy was written by Quackzilla himself, who is supposedly always better than all of us.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that the original thread was deleted.

Reality's Fringe;2447175 said:
Interesting that the original thread was deleted.

He probably whined to a mod to get rid of it when he found out he couldn't have his way and just delete the idiocy he posted.

Wow it's exactly 50/50 after I voted... but yeah I'm myself... when I want to pretend to be someone else I just drop some acid.

[quote name='Roufuss']So, Quack, is this how you act in real life? Or are you just pretending for a message board?

Just so everyone knows, this little nugget of joy was written by Quackzilla himself, who is supposedly always better than all of us.[/QUOTE]
wow, you are gonna get all holier-than-though and claim you never smoked weed?

yeah, it was dumb to smoke as much as I did, but I refuse to believe that in a group of this many people in their 20s I am the only person who has a little extra "fun" every once in a while.

but if you must know, I can't lie when I'm high, so I do some real stupid things online. assume what you will, you are just anonymous people on a message board I don't care who you think I am. my real life freinds are the only ones who get to know who I really am.

jesus, it's like I'm the only person here in college...

[quote name='Quackzilla']

jesus, it's like I'm the only person here in college...[/QUOTE]

No, you aren't. It's just a large quantity of college students, including myself, have gotten over themselves enough to know that doing illegal drugs and intoxicating yourself is idiotic.

And I am pretty different in real life than on the interwebs, though I really think my true self shows through on the interwebs. I am very shy in real life, but there are no real barriers online. I am much more outspoken and say sarcastic and assholish things online than in real life because of my shyness. Though if one gets to know me in real life, I do that more often, but still on a lesser scale than online.

yeah what's said last post and im much bigger in the flesh, that sounds way different than what it sounded like in my head...

[quote name='Quackzilla']wow, you are gonna get all holier-than-though and claim you never smoked weed?

yeah, it was dumb to smoke as much as I did, but I refuse to believe that in a group of this many people in their 20s I am the only person who has a little extra "fun" every once in a while.

but if you must know, I can't lie when I'm high, so I do some real stupid things online. assume what you will, you are just anonymous people on a message board I don't care who you think I am. my real life freinds are the only ones who get to know who I really am.

jesus, it's like I'm the only person here in college...[/quote]

Liar you dont have any friends, you just follow people around so you look like your part of their group, pathetic...

[quote name='Quackzilla']wow, you are gonna get all holier-than-though and claim you never smoked weed?

jesus, it's like I'm the only person here in college...[/quote]

Nobody cares or thinks you're cool because you smoke weed. Quit fucking mentioning it.

makes me wonder what would happen if all of us in the CAG Lifestyle & off topic forum met in real life in one small room to talk about that shit we talk about here :)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']With the differing thread title and poll question I can't be sure what's really being answered. :lol:

I'm the same online and off.[/quote]

What he said.

jesus, it's like I'm the only person here in college...[/QUOTE]

Wow banned never though I see that. Sweet zombie Jesus thats awesome.

The only difference between me online and offline, is I talk a bit more online. Mainly because of my ability to edit myself, and the fact that no one is going to interrupt me mid-sentence.

[quote name='CitizenB']Wow banned never though I see that. Sweet zombie Jesus thats awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's only temp.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's only temp.[/quote]Sadly.

In regards to the thread, I'm pretty much the same, but I'm more of an asshole offline, mainly because I get annoyed much more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back