So Lumines II and Every Extend Extra... how are they?

jfunkdpg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Been thinking about picking up Lumines 2 and EEE @ Buy.com using the $20 off promotion with Google Checkout (would put me at about $48.xx after shipping, since they charge $4.40 shipping, PER fuckING GAME!). I've heard the Lumines 2 has some really bad music and for me, that was the best part of the first game. I've read that you can change the rotation of skins in single player mode, is that true? Aside from the mainstream bullshit, how is the rest of the music?

I've also been thinkin about picking up EEE, but does it have the replayability of Lumines? How's the music?

I'm pretty sure I'll get Lumines 2, but I'm still wavering on EEE (although part of me wants to buy it purely based on its incredibly kick ass box art)

EEE has a great soundtrack, just as good as Rez or Lumines 1. I also think the replayability is high, even if the game does end.

Also dont forget Gunpey

Dude, f the haters! Even with the commercial annoying songs, Lumines 2 is far superior to Lumines. The skin edit mode where you can choose your skins is awesome for playing all your favorite skins over. But it's useless if you suck and can't unlock a lot of skins. I had my doubts, I figured the first one is all the Lumines I needed, but 2 converted me into a believer and now I hope they make a third one as well =)

I rented EEE and couldn't really get into it. Might I suggest Gitaroo Man Lives instead....

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Dude, f the haters! Even with the commercial annoying songs, Lumines 2 is far superior to Lumines. The skin edit mode where you can choose your skins is awesome for playing all your favorite skins over. But it's useless if you suck and can't unlock a lot of skins. I had my doubts, I figured the first one is all the Lumines I needed, but 2 converted me into a believer and now I hope they make a third one as well =)[/QUOTE]I'll be honest that I liked Lumines, but thought it was a tad overrated. I bought EEE, played the Lumines II demo, and I've played it more than EEE (although I feel its a good game). I actually like Lumines II much more and want to buy it now. However, what holds me back is that I can't decide between Lumines II, Gitaroo Man Lives, and two GBA games.

EEE's cover enchants the fuck out of me, so I'll probably be getting that, and Lumines II, next week.

[quote name='spidey']I just put the same two games in my cart and shipping is only coming up at $5.36.

$45.34 total.[/quote]

Really? I'll try again.

Edit: shipping is still coming out to $8.80 for standard shipping (which is bullshit, it doesn't even cost half that to send both of those games)

if you played Luines Live, then you've played Lumines 2 almost... EEE is a better investment since it is alot more fresh and brings back the feel of REZ.

The reviews for EEE have been all over the place, but... I guess you guys have convinced me... I loved Rez and Lumines so I should like this game a lot.

How exactly does EEE keep track of your scores? I swear I should be on the leaderboard but because I've seen new record (even though I'm guessing that only means I beat my own score) and I've gotten a couple S-rankings, but my name is nowhere to be found on any of the rankings lists.

I'm way confused.

And also, how come I got to stage six, but can only select stage one and two on caravan mode?

And fuck the boss on the stage with planets as enemies. I had 5 continues going into that stage and used them all. What a bitch.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']How exactly does EEE keep track of your scores? I swear I should be on the leaderboard but because I've seen new record (even though I'm guessing that only means I beat my own score) and I've gotten a couple S-rankings, but my name is nowhere to be found on any of the rankings lists.

I'm way confused.

And also, how come I got to stage six, but can only select stage one and two on caravan mode?

And fuck the boss on the stage with planets as enemies. I had 5 continues going into that stage and used them all. What a bitch.[/QUOTE]

if you don't continue then you can put your score down.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you don't continue then you can put your score down.[/quote]

That's weak, especially when you're trying to unlock new skins.

Any ideas on my question regarding caravan mode?

[quote name='jfunkdpg']That's weak, especially when you're trying to unlock new skins.

Any ideas on my question regarding caravan mode?[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain... you have to get at least an A rank on a level to unlock it... I have yet to get past the little planet level you were talking about. That boss is a real bitch.

Personally I like a lot of the music they included. I'm not willing to pay $30 for it, but I'll probably pick up Lumines 2 when it hits $15-20ish.

I thought the original was overrated too, but it is the only puzzle game I've been able to spend any real time with in years, and the great graphics and music did most of that.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Just a heads up, but E3 is down to $19.99 at GameStop (new).[/quote]
fuck I just bought it there a couple of days ago. I doubt you can, but does anyone know if you can bring it back and they'll pm their own price and give you the difference?

Same here, I just got it last night. I so better be able to get my ten dollars back, or else I'll just buy another one and return the $30 one.

i was set to buy gunpey until i read soem of the reviews, i dont know that ill like it, ill pick it up used if i get the chance though.

Yeah when I first saw Gunpey watching the 1up show it looked really good and the guys talking about it seemed to really like it. But after reading the reviews I decided to go with Lumines II and EEE instead. Maybe I'll pick up Gunpey on the cheap some other time.

bread's done
Back