So You Think You Can Ride RPG Thread XIV's Chocobo!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='blueshinra']If I really disliked Xenosaga Ep. 1 (and I think I would've hated Xenogears, going by the Let's Play I read), would I like Xenoblade?

I want to give it a chance, but at full price, I also don't want to have to put up with bad pacing, overlong cutscenes, a merely average battle system, and forgettable dungeons with no background music whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

The first Xenosaga was actually pretty deluxe.

The cutscenes were long but IMHO never boring. The gameplay was simple but fun and they piled on a bunch of extras.

[quote name='blueshinra']If I really disliked Xenosaga Ep. 1 (and I think I would've hated Xenogears, going by the Let's Play I read), would I like Xenoblade?

I want to give it a chance, but at full price, I also don't want to have to put up with bad pacing, overlong cutscenes, a merely average battle system, and forgettable dungeons with no background music whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I loved both games, but they share very little aside from their name. So I wouldn't decide based on liking Xenosaga or not.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I finished Persona 2 Innocent Sin PSP the other day. It was a pretty wild ride. More RPGs should incorporate nazis..[/QUOTE]
I've actually been saying this about FPS games for a while now. Case in point: The Medal Of Honor game this gen was allowing you to play as the 'enemy combatants'(Taliban) w/o really mentioning them by name.

Personally, I'd like to see a WWII era strategy game where you could play as all of the factions during the war.

Welp, managed to beat Strange Journey, heeeeeeeeey.

Had to grab two demons off the internet; mostly because I was pretty pissed at the final boss and just wanted to end the damn thing.

Now, to wait for DS2 to come out... so I can stare at it for a while because I am kinda SMT'd out.

...or maybe I'll start it

[quote name='jello44']Welp, managed to beat Strange Journey, heeeeeeeeey.

Had to grab two demons off the internet; mostly because I was pretty pissed at the final boss and just wanted to end the damn thing.[/QUOTE]
I had to do the same thing. SMTs get way too hard at the end, I just don't have the patience.

Probably. I wasn't paying attention to cutscene length but I'm pretty sure they're not nearly as long (except towards the end, but I can't name many JRPGs that aren't like that.) Dungeons/fields are big and fun to explore, and the music is mostly wonderful. Just be prepared for a long haul.

I'm back!!! my errands are done and Suikoden time starts NOW!!

this game has like 108 characters, all with a story of some sorts to tell,

except for one random ass lady, that jus kinda enters your party for no reason, and yet she has her own dedicated room in your castle.

then finally really late in the game, they decide to finally give her a small piece of the story:

CVVlW.jpg

and thus is the story of Josephine.

whoooo~!!! I gotta caught them all!!!

all the 108 stars of destination!!

thanks gamefaqs!!!

my suikodans, let me show u them!!

I beat FF13-2 with 87 fragments over the weekend. Has anyone here gotten 100% and found it worthwhile to open up the paradox endings and other secrets? I don't own the strategy guide, so I wasn't sure how long it would take just hunting around and reading Gamefaqs every so often for help. I really did enjoy the game, but I'm interested in starting up my $10 PSN copy of Darksiders soon too.

[quote name='coolz481']I beat FF13-2 with 87 fragments over the weekend. Has anyone here gotten 100% and found it worthwhile to open up the paradox endings and other secrets? I don't own the strategy guide, so I wasn't sure how long it would take just hunting around and reading Gamefaqs every so often for help. I really did enjoy the game, but I'm interested in starting up my $10 PSN copy of Darksiders soon too.[/QUOTE]
Takes maybe 55 hours, much shorter than completing Final Fantasy XIII. The game becomes incredibly easy as you max your characters, even the superbosses are pushovers compared to anything in XIII. There are lots of fetch quests and stuff like that that can feel like a chore, but mostly it's smooth sailing to 1000.

I finally started Skyrim this morning. I thought the game froze right at the beginning to the game
where you're about to be executed and end up escaping when the dragon swoops down
. But luckily I waited a minute and the game unfroze or whatever and as it turns out it was attempting an autosave at that point.:roll:

Hopefully the rest of the game isn't that buggy that it appears like it's frozen when too much is going on on the screen.

But after that lil hiccup I found myself playing for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I almost didn't wanna stop playing this morning.:shock: Very shocking, considering that I gave Oblivion all of about 30-40 minutes before I got annoyed and stopped playing for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back