SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

Did anyone in canada get a code by email yet? I've been waiting all day for mine :'(

If someone doesn't mind loaning me a code, I'd return the favor as soon my email is received. I don't have all night to play so i'd really like to have one now.

Well, I got my email at 1:01pm (first batch) and at the time, I was in school in my C++ class. What I did was just leave (my teacher is a really nice guy and always lets us leave whenever we want). I started to leave (was in the class since 11:25am) and he asked if I was leaving, and told him yes "to play some Socom". He just laughed and said "enjoy."

Also, if there is gonna be a CAG clan PM me or tell me who to add. PSN name is Adorada.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NamPaehc']Going to send some friend invites to those in the beta, hopefully we'll be able to play together soon. *hint-hint-needa code too*[/quote]

I still got you covered.

If anyone has any extra of the friends codes left over I would like to get one. Otherwise I'll probably just pick up Core close to when the Beta becomes available through that.

pretty cool so far. It takes a while to load even though it is on the hard drive. The game also skips/lags for me. Even changing options such as your hat or weapon attachment takes a sec to load. I'm sure these are just beta issues though. Awesome game though. It's gonna take some getting used to in order to quickly notice enemies on such large maps!

[quote name='Malik112099']pretty cool so far. It takes a while to load even though it is on the hard drive. The game also skips/lags for me. Even changing options such as your hat or weapon attachment takes a sec to load. I'm sure these are just beta issues though. Awesome game though. It's gonna take some getting used to in order to quickly notice enemies on such large maps![/quote]

Yeah I just read some comments on the offical site, seems like lag/loading is an issue. Don't like hearing that but it is a beta test anyway so hopefully they fix it.

Thanks to DefinedByClass13 btw.

Sooooo

Here's proof that I will eventually get my code, the clearance code has already been used(by me) so there's no point in trying it. (don't let you use clearance code twice)

If someone could please loan me a code for now so I'd return the favor as soon my email is received.

I just want to try play the game before I got work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flatliner718']I'll gladly pay 5.00 dollars paypal for a working code, pm me, and we'll work it out.[/QUOTE]

Why not take those 5 dollars to EBGames?

[quote name='MatiasB']Sooooo
proofnb9.jpg

Here's proof that I will eventually get my code, the clearance code has already been used(by me) so there's no point in trying it. (don't let you use clearance code twice)

If someone could please loan me a code for now so I'd return the favor as soon my email is received.

I just want to try play the game before I got work.[/quote]

Haha! My high school gives out the same agenda books!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. This is starting to get out of hand.[/quote]Agreed.

Enough with the begging for codes. Someone should go make a thread in the Trading Forum for the usual begging for stuff like this.

don't order anything from them or gamestop. Although if i were to download the qore episode now...does that entitle me to the beta when those people get it as well. I mean i'm in no rush, but as a new ps3 owner i'd like to get my hands on some of the fall/winter lineup

[quote name='smiggity']Network Initialization failed???? After all that...[/quote]

Servers are getting bombarded right now. Keep trying, it will go through. Had that happen about 15 times, finally got in though.

Give it a couple of days and I'm sure it will be faster, atleast lets hope so. Not gonna wait 10 minutes to get to the lobby and another 15 minutes to get into the game....wait a sec, its Socom, so um...yeah... I will wait (just won't be happy).

[quote name='flatliner718']don't order anything from them or gamestop. Although if i were to download the qore episode now...does that entitle me to the beta when those people get it as well. I mean i'm in no rush, but as a new ps3 owner i'd like to get my hands on some of the fall/winter lineup[/quote]

Those who bought the first Qore episode don't get into the beta until next Friday. You will go into the download section of the episode and the option to download will be available.

I am also interested in getting a beta code if anyone has a spare... they were out when I pre-ordered (I checked three stores). Thanks in advance...

[quote name='Malik112099']pretty cool so far. It takes a while to load even though it is on the hard drive. The game also skips/lags for me. Even changing options such as your hat or weapon attachment takes a sec to load. I'm sure these are just beta issues though. Awesome game though. It's gonna take some getting used to in order to quickly notice enemies on such large maps![/quote]

MAN, the load lag in game on the menus are HORRIBLE! My bro can't even play b/c his 40gb keeps freezing? Weird, mine has been okay, just terrible menu lag, this better be fixed.. so slow can't even customize my guy right b/c it's so bad and annoying swapping through the weapons and character stuff. In gameplay there are some lag hitches every so often but fun still. The controls aren't entirely customizable but enough. I tweaked mine to what I feel is good. I like the controls now.

I played 5-Ten minute matches all on the same map 8players max (practice custom game), I assume is crossroads not sure, first SOCOM game, but very fun indeed. I already made 4 friends, we all went through the same matches so I got to know them. Everyone was right, a lot of chatting is used in this game, teamwork owns. I enjoyed my first time through a lot, minus the menu problems...

it wont load for me just a blank screen and I get redirected to the other site I put up, I will give the code to someone else if they share my code with me

[quote name='Costa']i just got pre-order thing from gamestop what site do I go to, so I can get the email of my code?
I went to this sight and it was blank http://www.us.playstation.com/Promotions/Confrontation/Registration.aspx

wtf do I do?[/quote]

Site looks like it's still working to me. You just go to that site, fill it in with your email address linked to your PSN account and the code that's on the card you got from Gamestop, and then you'll get an email sent to you that has the code you put into the PSN to get the beta.

Edit: Looks like it's an issue with the browser/pc you're using as myself and two others get the site fine, but you for some reason don't. I suggest trying a different browser or a different pc.

I tried firefox and IE and nothing I can go to any other site fine, this is BS

I will give my code to someone else to try if they send me 1 of the 2 invites, Im sick of trying b/c it makes no sense

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Either there's a lot of bursts or a lot of time between them since I've yet to get my codes.[/quote]

It may depend on when you entered your code. I entered mine only a couple days ago and got mine at 1:10 EST

[quote name='Costa']I tried firefox and IE and nothing I can go to any other site fine, this is BS

I will give my code to someone else to try if they send me 1 of the 2 invites, Im sick of trying b/c it makes no sense[/QUOTE]

If you want, PM me and I can try... and I need a code :whistle2:D

[quote name='smiggity']It may depend on when you entered your code. I entered mine only a couple days ago and got mine at 1:10 EST[/quote]
August 12th. :whistle2:(

You bastard.

[quote name='shrike4242']Agreed.

Enough with the begging for codes. Someone should go make a thread in the Trading Forum for the usual begging for stuff like this.[/quote]

Did someone do that? I'll link in the 1st post if so.

From first booting up to getting into 'gameplay' took me over an hour. Sad state of affairs, and they're saying the 'load' problems probably won't get resolved for a week!

What I did see looked good though!

Yeah I had a long load time, but was only like 5 minutes. Though after I got into the game I could hardly move, and then 3 minutes the game froze up on me...

[quote name='Costa']if you get the email with code can 2 other people use it?[/quote]

Yes, it says here is a code for you AND 2 friends to download the beta.

I'm about to hop on and play now sadly I only had time to look at the character creation options before going to work.

just played with some buds, really really bad load times, but when i finally got into a game, it was a blast, at lease a buy for the headset for a trade in on resistance the next month :)

bread's done
Back