Sold and shipped by Amazon - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection PSP - $19.99

There are also these for the PSP:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - $19.99
Tactics Ogre - $25.99

They are part of the Dads and Grads sale.

also noticed a couple more Square-Enix games from Amazon are on sale:

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $17.99
The 3rd Birthday - $17.99

If you have any interest in Dissidia at all get the new one for that price. Once you beat the campaign for 012, it unlocks the campaign from Dissidia 1 with the new gameplay mechanics. 012 is a prequel to the original.

Is this available on PSN at all? I am tempted to pick this up, but at the same time if there is a PSN version I think I may hold off that way I can play on NGP eventually too.

[quote name='djricekcn']do these have JPN options?[/QUOTE]

It has Japanese text, but the game is censored no matter what setting it's on.

[quote name='takotchi']It has Japanese text, but the game is censored no matter what setting it's on.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, how is it censored?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Is this available on PSN at all? I am tempted to pick this up, but at the same time if there is a PSN version I think I may hold off that way I can play on NGP eventually too.[/QUOTE]

Yes all of SE's current releases are on PSN also. It's just their back catalog prior to Dissidia 1 plus Kingdom Hearts that's not on PSN (and no PSN KH is because of Disney.)

Thanks. KH was exactly why I asked. Figured since it was not on there was a good chance this would not be either. As I said this is REALLY tempting but I think I will wait for the PSN version to drop.

[quote name='JohnHarker']I didn't know that, how is it censored?[/QUOTE]

As ridiculous as it sounds, I believe the "dancing scene" is censored again, which has been uncensored many times prior to this release.

Freaking Amazon, I bought this day one because I had some credit burning a hole, they wouldn't price match the Gold Box deal, so had to buy it then return the full price one. Now it's down to $19.99. Well I guess hopefully it goes lower so I can just rebuy/return it again.

[quote name='opportunity777']As ridiculous as it sounds, I believe the "dancing scene" is censored again, which has been uncensored many times prior to this release.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's stupid, but I guess I can tolerate it.

Completely forgot about the Grads/Dads Sale! Picked up Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection!! ^__^

Lets hope this is the final port of this title!

Who I am kidding? They will release one for the 3DS... >_>

too bad the DLC code is now almost worthless (around 3 to 5 bucks on ebay)

sold mine for around 20 day one when this game came out .

[quote name='opportunity777']As ridiculous as it sounds, I believe the "dancing scene" is censored again, which has been uncensored many times prior to this release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. As far as I know, it was censored in the GBA version but not the DS version. (Which is weird, because the DS is more detailed, of course.)

Oddly enough, the art of Rydia, Ursula, etc. displayed in-game (here) is not censored like it was on the English WiiWare version's web site (here). So you get to see Rydia showing off her thighs and the sides of her torso - what a whore! :roll:

Yay for uncensored Rydia! :lol:

Well, I'd buy this and Parasite Eve 3 in a heartbeat...if I hadn't bought at launch. Don't regret it at all though.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Does the game still come with the DLC code?[/QUOTE]

I didn't place an order until May 13 (with Amazon) and my copy came with the code.

I like to order from Amazon in such cases because I believe that their large pool of inventory means it'll take them longer to run out of first press copies.

I'd like to think that if you placed an order right now with Amazon you'd be fine, but that's pure fanboy supposition on my part, so don't take that as a guarantee.

I will say however that were I in your position, I would go ahead and place an order and I would be fairly confident that I'd get the code. I've taken longer to order games from them with first-press schwag and I've still received it. I think FFIV was not as high-profile as they hoped, so I'd suspect that even some BB and WM copies have the code still.

Good luck.

it should cause every copy of the game has the code... it wasnt a preorder bonus

I guess 3rd Birthday went up a buck. I ordered yesterday and it's $18.99 instead of the $17.99 reported here.

Bah, I just bought KH: BBS for 29.99 at Target since it had the slipcover. And I barely touched Dissieda 012 D:!

Guess I'm in for 3rd birthday and FF: IV.

Thanks for the post.

If it bothers you that much, you can import the Japanese version. The Japanese version is uncensored, and in full English

sorry can i get clarification on two things.. 1st: what is this censored dancing scene everyone keeps aluding to? 2nd: what DLC code is everyone talking about? people keep mentioning both these things but not really clarifying what they are for those of us not in the know.

im not even sure if its worth getting. I have a couple copies of the UK import version but havent opened them yet. Im also wondering if it will drop

[quote name='Kenshindono']sorry can i get clarification on two things.. 1st: what is this censored dancing scene everyone keeps aluding to? 2nd: what DLC code is everyone talking about? people keep mentioning both these things but not really clarifying what they are for those of us not in the know.

im not even sure if its worth getting. I have a couple copies of the UK import version but havent opened them yet. Im also wondering if it will drop

Got my copy from Amazon yesterday and yes it has the code for Dissidia.

[quote name='Kaiser499']

Looks pretty harmless, don't see why they should censor that. America needs to get with the times and stop censoring everything.[/QUOTE]

Thats from the DS version, which wasnt censored.

Oddly enough, the art of Rydia, Ursula, etc. displayed in-game (here) is not censored like it was on the English WiiWare version's web site (here). So you get to see Rydia showing off her thighs and the sides of her torso - what a whore!

Hopefully it's not when she was a child, but as adult, correct? :whistle2:#

Well, adult by Japanese RPG standards is like 15, right?

And then they have the really old, over the hill 24 year old who uses a walking cane and everyone refers to as being shockingly old :lol:

Okay, I'm...actually not really exaggerating :lol: It was weird when I was 13. It's SUPER weird for me now.

[quote name='Kaiser499']
Looks pretty harmless, don't see why they should censor that. America needs to get with the times and stop censoring everything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']Thats from the DS version, which wasnt censored.[/QUOTE]

ok.. can someone elaborate on that? still havent really got an answer to my question. What exactly is this censorship issue. I see some girl in purple hair just dancing around in a swimsuit... so? Are you guys saying that this scene was removed from the PSP version of this game for some reason? Or they added more clothes to her? That would be utterly ridiculous if thats the case. What about the remake that was on the ps1? (wondering how that works in sprite form)

By the way, does anyone know if the UK version is also censored? If someone will tell me when and where this scene occurs maybe i can check when i get around to playing it

I'll also ask again: what is the dlc code everyone is talking about? People were guessing if this came with it or if it was a pre-order bonus but no one mentioned what it really is.. doesn't seem we've come to a consensus on whether this comes with it or not either. Thats kinda important because frankly if this game is censored, AND doesn't have the DLC code, then i dont see much of a reason to buy it if I have the UK version. The only reason i would think of doing so would be for some exclusive DLC honestly. I dont want to support a game that was censored

[quote name='Kenshindono']ok.. can someone elaborate on that? still havent really got an answer to my question. What exactly is this censorship issue. I see some girl in purple hair just dancing around in a swimsuit... so? Are you guys saying that this scene was removed from the PSP version of this game for some reason? Or they added more clothes to her? That would be utterly ridiculous if thats the case. What about the remake that was on the ps1? (wondering how that works in sprite form)

By the way, does anyone know if the UK version is also censored? If someone will tell me when and where this scene occurs maybe i can check when i get around to playing it

I'll also ask again: what is the dlc code everyone is talking about? People were guessing if this came with it or if it was a pre-order bonus but no one mentioned what it really is.. doesn't seem we've come to a consensus on whether this comes with it or not either. Thats kinda important because frankly if this game is censored, AND doesn't have the DLC code, then i dont see much of a reason to buy it if I have the UK version. The only reason i would think of doing so would be for some exclusive DLC honestly. I dont want to support a game that was censored[/QUOTE]

As I said in my previous post, my copy that arrived yesterday came with the DLC code and it is for the new Dissidia 012 game. It's an alternate costume for Cecil (Knight Of The Twin Moon) So unless you have the game (which I don't at this time) the code doesn't have much use.

tnx for the answer on the DLC stuff guys.. now the only question is if it was a first print thing or a permanant thing. Not really sure. I do have dissidia though i have not opened it. In fact i have a couple copies of the UK version and one of the US version (for the cloud outift) havent opened any. I was hoping i could mix the dlc codes but i dont know if you can do that.

still really wanted some clarification on the censorship thing. when i google it all i see is that they censored a siren summon animation i guess? Thats not the dance thing that i see. The sale ends tomorrow so if im gonna pick it up that would be the time. Im hoping someone can clarify the censorship thing for me and let me know if the UK version is censored or not. If it isn't i'll just stick with that instead of supporting a pointlessly edited US release. DLC outfit or no

[quote name='Kenshindono']tnx for the answer on the DLC stuff guys.. now the only question is if it was a first print thing or a permanant thing. Not really sure. I do have dissidia though i have not opened it. In fact i have a couple copies of the UK version and one of the US version (for the cloud outift) havent opened any. I was hoping i could mix the dlc codes but i dont know if you can do that.

still really wanted some clarification on the censorship thing. when i google it all i see is that they censored a siren summon animation i guess? Thats not the dance thing that i see. The sale ends tomorrow so if im gonna pick it up that would be the time. Im hoping someone can clarify the censorship thing for me and let me know if the UK version is censored or not. If it isn't i'll just stick with that instead of supporting a pointlessly edited US release. DLC outfit or no[/QUOTE]

Why don't you do some research on your own instead of bitching at people constantly to answer your questions? ------------ www.google.com

bread's done
Back