Some Advice Please!

ragnahrok

CAG Veteran
Alright, so I took in my 30gb Ipod to Best Buy for repairs. Today I get a phone call saying that I can get an exchange / credit. At the time the 30gb was around $350, so here are my options:
A) Ipod 80GB
B) Microsoft Zune
C) Microsoft Xbox 360 + Gears of War

Obviously by me posting in the 360 Forum, must mean something.
Help me out dudes, and give a brotha some advice!

I guess it depends on what you would use most.

I mean, the obvious answer is that you can do a whole lot more with a 360+GoW than you can with the other options. But if you value a portable music player a whole lot, then maybe you should go with that.

Most people don't come close to filling up their iPod, so I suggest this: Now that you know how much space you need for your mp3s, buy a cheaper/smaller mp3 player with your own money, and use the refund to get the 360.

Pretty much,
I was basically looking for an user advice (pros & cons), my main concerns are whether or not HD-DVD will survive, any problems console-wise, and what other games are solid other than Gears of War

Man, that'd be super tough for me. I NEED my iPod with me basically everywhere I go, especially when I'm at school. But, if you're looking to get a new iPod, I say wait. I know it's been rumored for a very long time, but the chances of the touch-screen iPod being announced at MacWorld (January) are VERY good. That's what I'm personally waiting for.

If you can afford to wait and get an iPod a few months later, get the 360 and GoW, and prepare to be amazed.

Wait until you can afford a Premium 360 - with $350 in credit, you're thinking core system and one game, right?

Wrong. You'd still need a memory card or hard drive.

[quote name='anomynous']nothing, just Ipod fanboys bad mouthing it[/QUOTE]

Nothing is really wrong with it. I personally like it, but I have a couple gripes. The thing is fucking big. It looks cool, the interface is slick, but couldn't they have put it into a smaller unit?? Also, the store isn't quite up to snuff with the iTunes store.

I use my IPod ten times as much. It's my friend, car companion, and work buddy. I use it all the time. As much as I love 360, I feel I would go with the thing I would use the most which is the IPOD. Then when I have the money I would buy a 360.

(note I have both except my Ipod is a 4th gen so its behind the times)

Turns out that I only had $300 store credit, so I paid $50 more for a an 80gb Ipod Video...

Sorry dudes... Soon my friends, soon I will have a 360.

Anyways, $50 for 50 more gigs is a cheapassdeal. Haha.

[quote name='anomynous']nothing, just Ipod fanboys bad mouthing it[/QUOTE]

Not just iPod fanboys. Pretty much everybody is bad mouthing it.

The Chicago Sun Times reviewer called it "The Zune is a complete, humiliating failure."

PCMAG reviewer John Dvorak starts his review of the Zune by saying "If anything is doomed to failure, it is the Microsoft Zune."

Every major news or review outlet has pretty much trashed it. I defy you to find a glowing, positive review of a Zune (from a major source, not just some guy trying to validate the purchase he just made.)

Congrats to the OP on your purchase! :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back