Sonic Generations (360/PS3) $37.49 at Amazon

Lol not even released yet and it's tanking like regular.

Half joking, but really as a b title it is getting massive discount already at multiple stores.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Lol not even released yet and it's tanking like regular.

Half joking, but really as a b title it is getting massive discount already at multiple stores.[/QUOTE]

After playing the demo, I was pretty excited about this game. They really nailed everything about it, and it's an absolute blast to play. Much unlike the garbage that was called Sonic 4 ;)

But with a $15 credit Amazon gave me for a previous mishap, this was a no brainer. It's a really fun game.

I thought about the Best Buy thing too, but by the time I buy the Gamer mag, and add tax, it ends up being about the same within a few cents... plus with my Prime shipping, I'm getting on Thursday anyway... So really no reason not to order it, haha.

Wow. I love sonic but why should I bite at this price before launch? Anything releasing same time as MW3, BF3, Skyrim is doomed to fail sales wise.

Black friday 19.99 for me - i have a huge backlog as it is right now

Man, you guys are fast, I was just about to post this deal myself. This is back to the pre-order price of when Toys R Us ran the promo a few weeks back. Price isn't tanking lol

This is THE SONIC game you want to play if you're a fan. SEGA has been planning this for a long time now, and the ratings from all sources say it's very good.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Wow. I love sonic but why should I bite at this price before launch? Anything releasing same time as MW3, BF3, Skyrim is doomed to fail sales wise.

Black friday 19.99 for me - i have a huge backlog as it is right now[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it will hit $19.99 in three weeks time. I think this will be the black friday price as it's $49.99 MRSP. Also, this game hits a different spectrum of gamers. Kids, Young teens, Old school Sonic fans and casuals will still get this game and not First Person Shooter 3.

And if you were a real hard core gamer, you'd get everything anyway...

this looks like the best sonic game released since sonic 3....

but i cant help but wait on a sonic title. they always fall in price and fast...willing to wait around 20-25 for this.

[quote name='dgwillia006']
Would buy it for this price, but i'll wait for the 30$ price at Best Buy on thursday[/QUOTE]

Eh? What's this?

[quote name='ck76']Eh? What's this?[/QUOTE]

It's on sale for 40 but for only one day which is Thursday (bestbuy has daily gaming deals now). Stack the @gamer coupon and get it for 30 :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']It's on sale for 40 but for only one day which is Thursday (bestbuy has daily gaming deals now). Stack the @gamer coupon and get it for 30 :)[/QUOTE]

I was gonna do that, but by the time I buy the magazine and pay tax, even drive to the store, id break even

The fat kid at my BB makes you buy the magazine if you want to use the coupon. So it's a wash for me. Either $37 at Amazon, or $30 + 5 + tax + gas from BB.

Edit: Lol Ajumbaje, I got the same problem.

[quote name='DDustiNN']I thought about the Best Buy thing too, but by the time I buy the Gamer mag, and add tax, it ends up being about the same within a few cents... plus with my Prime shipping, I'm getting on Thursday anyway... So really no reason not to order it, haha.[/QUOTE]but what happens when the price drops AMZ doesn't price protect & that $8 could jump to $18.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']thinking about getting this at kmart with my $30 coupon...but i know itll drop real fast and be dirt cheap in a few months[/QUOTE]won't take months weeks

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Wow. I love sonic but why should I bite at this price before launch? Anything releasing same time as MW3, BF3, Skyrim is doomed to fail sales wise.

Black friday 19.99 for me - i have a huge backlog as it is right now[/QUOTE]1-buy now for cheap
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306748
2-Play it beat it fast
3-trade in high with extra % offers
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&aCap=S&pf=
4-price match when avail. & you could actually make money on the game

[quote name='ck76']Eh? What's this?[/QUOTE]

BBY has it for a 1 day sale of $40. There is also a coupon in their @gamer mag for $10 off which stacks.

The mag costs $5 if you don't have a sub to it (sub is $15 for 1 year). They do have good coupons in it so I got the sub.

For PC gamers, Amazon I believe has it for $27.99 as a digital download. It requires Steam. The game comes out Friday for PC, but it's a $10 savings.

I went for the PC version just for the $10 savings (although I got mine on Green Man Gaming with an extra 10% off for 25 total :D).

Plus this is one of those game I wont just beat once and be done with it. I can suspect many playthroughs over the years of this game. It just is so fucking good (well if it is as amazing as the demo).

I ordered when the Toys R Us promo was going and mine still hasn't shipped. Wouldn't be surprised if the ppl who order it today from Amazon get it before I do and with no tax.

You did know that when Toys R Us was running said promo, Amazon matched right? Of course, they stopped once it was over. I'm glad they are putting it up for people who missed it.

Cancel from Toys and order from Amazon and be happy?

Great price plus it saves me from using my 30 buck K-mart coupon I'm in thanks now only if they would sell Warhammer 40k: SM around that number

[quote name='lutz']You did know that when Toys R Us was running said promo, Amazon matched right? Of course, they stopped once it was over. I'm glad they are putting it up for people who missed it.

Cancel from Toys and order from Amazon and be happy?[/QUOTE]
Originally, Amazon only matched on the PS3 version so I went with TRU instead. Also, I checked to see if I could cancel, but since the order has been processed that's out of the question.

For PC gamers, Amazon I believe has it for $27.99 as a digital download. It requires Steam. The game comes out Friday for PC, but it's a $10 savings.

It also has obscene system requirements, which may not be worth it for most poeple.

Dammit Amazon I got the PS3 verison when you PM at TRU but I really want the 360 version. Ugg I ordered a 360 verison. Do I just craiglist my PS3 one or return it to Amazon.

I've always been told to "refuse the package" to avoid shipping fees on returns, but the mail man always manage to get it delivered before that could be an option.

I bet if you trade it in on day one and use some sort of trade in bonuses, you might break even. You could also try to sell it, but who knows if you will find a buyer. I find that craiglist are full of lowballing resellers, but maybe that's just me.

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Originally, Amazon only matched on the PS3 version so I went with TRU instead. Also, I checked to see if I could cancel, but since the order has been processed that's out of the question.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I only saw the PS3 pricematch and assumed that xbox would be the same.

[quote name='lutz']I've always been told to "refuse the package" to avoid shipping fees on returns, but the mail man always manage to get it delivered before that could be an option.

I bet if you trade it in on day one and use some sort of trade in bonuses, you might break even. You could also try to sell it, but who knows if you will find a buyer. I find that craiglist are full of lowballing resellers, but maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]
to refuse a shipment, you can write in marker, "RETURN TO SENDER," and they will return it at no cost to you. i have done this with 2 - 3 times at amazon, and my mom does it with QVC & shopNBC alot, so i know this is fact.

[quote name='DDustiNN']After playing the demo, I was pretty excited about this game. They really nailed everything about it, and it's an absolute blast to play. Much unlike the garbage that was called Sonic 4 ;)

But with a $15 credit Amazon gave me for a previous mishap, this was a no brainer. It's a really fun game.[/QUOTE]

Went through the first era so far and it was outstanding. Really enjoying this game, and with the challenges and bonuses it will keep me occupied for a while.

[quote name='twztid13']to refuse a shipment, you can write in marker, "RETURN TO SENDER," and they will return it at no cost to you. i have done this with 2 - 3 times at amazon...[/QUOTE]Do it enough and Amazon will permanently close your account.

I rented it from Redbox today because I heard that it was relatively short. It's really fun but I'm gonna wait until it's around $30 or less. I have too many other games to play right now.

[quote name='snowmint']Dammit Amazon I got the PS3 verison when you PM at TRU but I really want the 360 version. Ugg I ordered a 360 verison. Do I just craiglist my PS3 one or return it to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why you want the 360 version so bad over PS3's? I preordered the PS3 version when it was the same price briefly and just received it today with Prime. If the 360 version is better, I'd like to get that version too and return/sell PS3 version. Let me know why please.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']BBY has it for a 1 day sale of $40. There is also a coupon in their @gamer mag for $10 off which stacks.

The mag costs $5 if you don't have a sub to it (sub is $15 for 1 year). They do have good coupons in it so I got the sub.[/QUOTE]

Ack, be out of town on business and likely won't be able to get to store as be at seminar all day Thursday and Friday. Thanks for the heads up though, keep my eyes out for this promising Sonic title (feels good to say that!)

Hey, if you get it from Gamestop, don't you get some free DLC? I wouldn't pay an extra 13 bucks for that, but it's not like you're paying more for nothing (DLC + playing it now).

Only reason I got it from GS was because of the DLC and because I had leftover credit to burn which made me only have to pay $20 out of pocket.

I'm very much enjoying this game. If you grew up playing Sonic (like I did) then you'll love it. Nostalgia is a beautiful thing.

I've already got 3 games on pre-order this month or I would jump on this without hesitating.

I'm so excited for this game and will without a doubt buy it before the year is over. I can't fucking wait to play it! It's everything I've been waiting for in a Sonic game. So glad he's back.

That's a good price, but I think I can wait a little bit longer... Sonic Unleashed came out like a week before black friday and I ended up getting it for like $30 (maybe even less!) at amazon during their BF sale so given all of the sales it's possible this one might follow suit.

It certainly looks fun to play, but how is the story, or more importantly the voicework? Is it going to make me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears like Sonic Adventure and such? I kinda miss the days when all Sonic would say was "YEAH!" when you got a 1-UP, and he didn't have a whole cadre of weird animal friends except maybe for Tails and that slutty pink hedgehog.

Except Sonic Unleashed sucked a lot. This is a good game that already gotten great reviews.

You guys really shouldn't expect a $19.99 on black friday or you're gonna be disappointed.

WTF, Amazon?? I pre-ordered this game yesterday, and while I'm glad that it arrived today, I'm pissed that the price has suddenly dropped.

Any chance Amazon will credit me the difference?

[quote name='lutz']Except Sonic Unleashed sucked a lot. This is a good game that already gotten great reviews.

You guys really shouldn't expect a $19.99 on black friday or you're gonna be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Well it's already $30-40 at some places, I don't think it's out of line to think it might be a bit cheaper during BF. Not $20, but maybe $26-30

bread's done
Back