Sonic Mega Collection + Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (Xbox) $20 shipped at TRU

Wow.. that sucks. I picked up SMB:D for $30 and Sonic for $20. Both for $20 is one of the best deals.. ever. I can't recommend these two games enough, and to get both for $20 is absolutely insane.

Is this two separate discs?

Sonic Mega Collection

and

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

OR

is it one disc?

Sonic Mega Collection Plus & Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Family Platinum Hits

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Is this two separate discs?

Sonic Mega Collection

and

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

OR

is it one disc?

Sonic Mega Collection Plus & Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Family Platinum Hits [/quote]

From what I've seen at TRU, it should be two separate games just taped together with a label.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']too bad SMB2 is unplayable on the xbox. literally.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's all rolled up into one game, yeah, both SMB and SMB2 are unplayable, they don't exist for the XBox ;) SMB: D is a combination of the two with a few extra levels or something, it's not like you put it in and select SMB1 or 2. Why is it unplayable? I've never had any problems out of it..

[quote name='Scorch']Considering it's all rolled up into one game, yeah, both SMB and SMB2 are unplayable, they don't exist for the XBox ;) SMB: D is a combination of the two with a few extra levels or something, it's not like you put it in and select SMB1 or 2. Why is it unplayable? I've never had any problems out of it..[/QUOTE]

the xbox pad is simply too loose for anywhere near the level of control you need for anything past the first set of boards. are you using a 3rd party controller of some sort?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I've seen at TRU, it should be two separate games just taped together with a label.[/quote]

This might be different. Sonic Mega and SMBD were re-released together in one Platinum Hits box a little while ago. I've seen it at EB, and have been waiting for it to come down a bit from 29.99. I don't know if it's one disc or two.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Is this two separate discs?

Sonic Mega Collection

and

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

OR

is it one disc?

Sonic Mega Collection Plus & Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Family Platinum Hits [/QUOTE]

The PH one I've seen at EB is just one disc.

Thanks, picked up the Sonic Mega/SMB-D 2 pack along with the Sonic Heroes/SMB-D 2 pack. Will give them as gifts to spread the Monkey love.

Man, that's a great deal. Thanks, Cheapy!

Too bad I already have SMB on Xbox, or I'd bite on this in a heartbeat.

I went ahead and bit on this, but isn't it pretty unusual for a platinum hits title to be anything besides $19.99 normally (I assume this one is $29.99)? I would think you could catch this quite easily in many of the sales for platinum hits titles and get as good of a deal or better, since places are used to selling them for $19.99 and this unusually priced title wouldn't be excluded from the sales.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']the xbox pad is simply too loose for anywhere near the level of control you need for anything past the first set of boards. are you using a 3rd party controller of some sort?[/QUOTE]
Playing it with a Duke feels a lot more precise to me.

[quote name='radjago']Playing it with a Duke feels a lot more precise to me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this is a noob question, but what's a Duke?

I'm curious if the xbox controller is really no good for SMB, because I'm tempted to sell my gamecube copy of SMB1 and my xbox sonic to pick this up. I can probably sell those for almost $20, and net an essentially free SMB2.

[quote name='ma']Sorry if this is a noob question, but what's a Duke?

I'm curious if the xbox controller is really no good for SMB, because I'm tempted to sell my gamecube copy of SMB1 and my xbox sonic to pick this up. I can probably sell those for almost $20, and net an essentially free SMB2.[/QUOTE]

A Duke is the original xbox controller, which was larger.

[quote name='Jedi1979']does this version work on the 360?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm wondering, too. If it's two discs it'll play (since both games seperately do), but if it's one it probably won't.

[quote name='turls']I went ahead and bit on this, but isn't it pretty unusual for a platinum hits title to be anything besides $19.99 normally (I assume this one is $29.99)? I would think you could catch this quite easily in many of the sales for platinum hits titles and get as good of a deal or better, since places are used to selling them for $19.99 and this unusually priced title wouldn't be excluded from the sales.[/QUOTE]
the tom clancy collection was a PH, but it cost like $39.99. Also I only seen this game at EB/GS.

Sweet! I was a bit bummed when this came out as a PH at $30. I'm glad to see the price spike down so fast. Picked one up so add another few commission cents for keeping up CAG. Thanks again!

[quote name='62t']the tom clancy collection was a PH, but it cost like $39.99. Also I only seen this game at EB/GS.[/quote]

Its 9.99 this week at Circuit City.

I just got my combo pack in the mail from Amazon... there are indeed 2 discs.

HOWEVER... the case is not designed for 2 discs, either with the extra disc holder slot, or the longer peg that Halo 2 CE or Tom Clancy Trilogy has. Instead, they give you the Sonic Mega Collection Plus disc on the peg, and a paper envelope with Super Monkey Ball Deluxe in it.

What is even more odd is that the Sonic disc is the Platinum Family Hits version... but the Monkey Ball disc is a standard, original disc.

Does PS2 even have any "Combo Packs" for anything?

Here's a picture, if anyone cares...

monkey.jpg

[quote name='spooie_redux']Does PS2 even have any "Combo Packs" for anything?

[/QUOTE]

I care. Thank you. That sucks that they dont have 2 disc case. I'm glad I kept my case from Mechasault 2 back in the day. I'll be using it for this.

[quote name='spooie_redux']Does PS2 even have any "Combo Packs" for anything?

monkey.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that blows chunks
I'm a collector, I need the case & manual
:(

That casing is sort of bizarre, but it's no big deal given what a bargain that is. The TC Trilogy is $10 at Best Buy, so maybe it's a universal price drop.

bread's done
Back