Sony Ad Department at it again! Now encouraging kids to play PSP in class!

Scrubking

CAGiversary!

When will Sony learn that their hip, controversial ad strategy sucks, has not worked and will never work?

Yeah, you're just helping them out Scrub.
Haha, they're marketing does work. Gets people talking.
I would have never heard of this otherwise.

This doesn't beat their UK PS2 slogan (no lie), "PS2, because your girlfriend bores you shitless"

http://feministlawprofs.law.sc.edu/?p=1959

PS2-ad2.preview2.jpg

PS2-ad1_0.preview.jpg

[quote name='dallow']
This doesn't beat their UK PS2 slogan (no lie), "PS2, because your girlfriend bores you shitless"
[/QUOTE]
Well it's true...

I am so happy this thread was posted. I was really wondering what the status was of the PSP ad campaign.

Why would you want to associate something boring like school with something boring like the PSP?

/ba dum tsh!

[quote name='Strell']Why would you want to associate something boring like school with something boring like the PSP?

/ba dum tsh![/quote]Exactly, when you could do those boring ass school things on your DS with Brain Age!

I have never seen any other company produce such a long, unbroken stream of disastrous, backfiring ads. Racism, sexism, and now delinquency? Predicion: the next PSP ad will involve either rape or pedophilia, or both.

Eh. They've made some shitty PR/advertising choices in the past, but this one ain't half bad. Who is this offensive to, elderly italian english teachers? Not a big deal. For once they're not trying to be edgy ("Hey kids! Poochie loves the PSP! It's full of bad-itude!") and it works.

[quote name='Scrubking']When will Sony learn that their hip, controversial ad strategy sucks, has not worked and will never work?[/QUOTE]
You must not be E

Reminds me when I used to play wireless billiards on our Palm Pilots in class against other kids when we were bored (we were required to have the Palm Pilots for the major)

Some of you ninnies are worse then Jack Thompson.

Seriously, this is the biggest plague on the Italian education system? DC would pay to have problems like this :lol:

failure.

They should just be advertising downgrading and custom firmware, it'd work 100x better.

Imagine how stupid you'd look and feel using that. Even worse than normally using a PSP in public. lol.

[quote name='dallow']How lame for the PSP haters to enter this thread.[/QUOTE]
Totally, because before they got here, this was a big Sony knob-slobbing thread, right?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Totally, because before they got here, this was a big Sony knob-slobbing thread, right?[/quote]Nope, it was a marketing discussion.

[quote name='dallow']Nope, it was a marketing discussion.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a discussion about how much Sony's ads suck. Mentioning that their products suck as well is a predictable and not-inappropriate coarse for the discussion to take (though to note, I own a PSP and love it).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yeah, a discussion about how much Sony's ads suck. Mentioning that their products suck as well is a predictable and not-inappropriate coarse for the discussion to take (though to note, I own a PSP and love it).[/quote]Seemed to be half and half on whether or not they suck. (the ads)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I have never seen any other company produce such a long, unbroken stream of disastrous, backfiring ads. Racism, sexism, and now delinquency? Predicion: the next PSP ad will involve either rape or pedophilia, or both.[/QUOTE]

Its MJ/Akon endorsed?

Why does Sony get the heat? Why not also complain about "jumping in" or portraying your console as being played by old people/little kids jumping wildly around like idiots.

All 3 companies pretty much suck at advertising

Ha, this just reminds me of my high school times. I would take a regular sized novel and have my GBA SP fully opened in it...they never suspected a thing.

[quote name='Strell']I think YOU suck at advertising!

And don't even think about a mom joke, I CALL MOMJOKEDEFENSIES ON THIS ONE.[/QUOTE]

curses, who'd a thunk you could call something of that caliber. :bomb:

[quote name='seanr1221']Why does Sony get the heat? Why not also complain about "jumping in" or portraying your console as being played by old people/little kids jumping wildly around like idiots.

All 3 companies pretty much suck at advertising
[/quote]Dude, you're crazy. I always see guys with 3 foot pink mohwaks playing Wii. And I walk by "the hood" everyday, and sure enough, there's always a big jump rope circle going on.

The fun just doesn't stop with idiotic Sony advertising! A new PlayStation 3 print ad perfectly illustrates the PS3 for what it is: a gigantic bomb.

No clever catchphrase. No justification or explanation of the image (other than the creepy fucking clownface, which is hardly my definition of fun). Just the PS3, illustrated as a bomb. How utterly poetic.

playstation31ul1.jpg

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The fun just doesn't stop with idiotic Sony advertising! A new PlayStation 3 print ad perfectly illustrates the PS3 for what it is: a gigantic bomb.

No clever catchphrase. No justification or explanation of the image (other than the creepy fucking clownface, which is hardly my definition of fun). Just the PS3, illustrated as a bomb. How utterly poetic.

playstation31ul1.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks like the Clown from Twisted Metal.

[quote name='mwynn']Looks like the Clown from Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

Uh....not really. Not at all, actually.

tmsweettoothfk5.jpg

Sweet Tooth has never had the hair poofing out on the side of his head. In fact, he's never had much hair at all. Due to his head being on fire and all.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh....not really. Not at all, actually.

tmsweettoothfk5.jpg

Sweet Tooth has never had the hair poofing out on the side of his head. In fact, he's never had much hair at all. Due to his head being on fire and all.[/QUOTE]
Well to get the mushroom cloud, they had to make changes. I'm gonna go with Twisted Metal until Sony proves me wrong.

[quote name='mwynn']Well to get the mushroom cloud, they had to make changes. I'm gonna go with Twisted Metal until Sony proves me wrong.[/QUOTE]
Uh, ok. It's an ad for the system, not a game, but, whatever.

[quote name='mwynn']Well to get the mushroom cloud, they had to make changes. I'm gonna go with Twisted Metal until Sony proves me wrong.[/quote]

I'm on board with this hypothesis as well. What other game contains explosions AND creepy clowns?

[quote name='camoor']I'm on board with this hypothesis as well. What other game contains explosions AND creepy clowns?[/QUOTE]
I seriously doubt it. For one thing, Incog is completely busy with that piece of shit Warhawk.

And for another, ads of Sony's products exploding are nothing unusual:
sonybraviaonfirejz6.jpg

Well...

At least they didn't bring back the "gangsta" squirrels, or the Mexican dust bunnies.

As a consumer, I think this is actually another bad move on Sony's part in their marketing. We've had the US with its stereotyping ad campaign. Europe had the white vs black campaign that had to be gotten rid of due to views of it being racist. Now Italy has an ad encouraging delinquincy. None of those would make average Joes want a PSP.

You know what guys? PS2 had some pretty odd commercial campaigns as well.

Guess with 100+ million sold, it didn't hurt them too bad.

[quote name='dallow']You know what guys? PS2 had some pretty odd commercial campaigns as well.

Guess with 100+ million sold, it didn't hurt them too bad.[/QUOTE]

That is really, really bad logic.

[quote name='camoor']I'm on board with this hypothesis as well. What other game contains explosions AND creepy clowns?[/QUOTE]
Hey what can it hurt to think it is Twisted Metal? Clowns are bad.

[quote name='dallow']You know what guys? PS2 had some pretty odd commercial campaigns as well.

Guess with 100+ million sold, it didn't hurt them too bad.[/quote]
Name the so called PS2 ads. Since PSP, their ads for non-PS2 products have been abysmal and don't make people want to buy the products they're trying to sell.

PSP had stereotyping black people and Mexicans, a white woman holding a black woman by the face, and now has "PLAY PSP WHILE LOOKING LIKE YOU'RE STUDYING, KIDS."

I thought ads for a portable handheld couldn't get worse than Sega's bashing attempts at Game Boy with its Game Gear. I now stand corrected.

[quote name='Strell']That is really, really bad logic.[/quote]You're right, I shouldn't have posted that.
Sounded whiny.

I'm just saying that ads are hardly anything to get uppity about, as some people do.
I don't care.

Name the so called PS2 ads

Does no one remember these works of art?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tOvkvCvwQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgXHRkR23s[/media]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z06X8mmMtZI[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Tsukento']As a consumer, I think this is actually another bad move on Sony's part in their marketing. We've had the US with its stereotyping ad campaign. Europe had the white vs black campaign that had to be gotten rid of due to views of it being racist. Now Italy has an ad encouraging delinquincy. None of those would make average Joes want a PSP.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget how stupid Sony thinks it's audience is, as evidenced by alliwantforxmasisapsp (the worst "viral" ad campaign of all time), and the Indian ads about how boring girls are.

Sony seems to think there is some sort of hipster crowd that would find these ads really edgy, provocative, and attractive, but I'm thinking they're stupid.

bread's done
Back