Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

[quote name='CocheseUGA']People have way more money than sense.[/QUOTE]

So people are sad when Sony isn't making money, and others are confused when they do. Guess you can't please everyone.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I went in Home today to get the free RE shirts. I could only get one for some reason, and I'm mad that they changed the Mall layout. Pretty much everything costing more than a dollar is now on Floor 1 while the cheap stuff is on the 2nd floor.

Seriously, why can't I just get this stuff of the Playstation Store?[/quote]

Than you could gameshare that stuff? As it's setup now, I believe it's like singstar where you can't actually gameshare any of these virtual items, it's only for personal use. Either way, I don't really care. My brother has become a Home whore though and even bought the Summer Home for $5.00 and he's been eyeing other clothing items also.

Here's a walk-through video of the EA Sports Arena. (I can't imbed the video because there's a part of the text that makes a emoticon. Bah!)

From PS3Fanboy.com

[quote name='PS3Fanboy.com']We're fairly certain that there's a good number of you who responded to the news of an EA Sports Home space with nothing more than a "meh." Some of us did too, to be honest. Some of us are not particularly big fans of sports games, so we assumed this Home space is for other people. The new walkthrough video that has appeared on the PlayStation Blog shows off the entire space, including the three mini-games.

Home users will be able to race go-karts against each other, with four people racing at once. There's also a golfing minigame and poker tables. While these are nothing too exciting on their own, EA are introducing a "light progression system" with their area. That means that you'll be able to spend your winnings on upgrading your go-karts, and progressing to higher level poker tables. There will also be wearable prizes and stuff for your Home apartment, as usual.

So even if you're not a sports fan, you should find something to do within the EA Sports Home space when it launches around March.[/quote]

Color me very impressed. I'll definitely check it out, and try to get some of the low-level goods from the various mini-games.

Amazingly, EA has just set the bar for new Home spaces.

If this level of quality proves true, then I think Home is shaping up nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Check the option to not show emoticons in your post and it'll work. ;)[/QUOTE]

Alright, I figured out how to disable the emoticons (never bothered switching to a more options). But the imbedding still won't work.

Do I just post the link ala Youtube, or is there additional code I need to put in for the video to show?

[quote name='Maklershed']To the people that have contributed to that $1 million in purchases, I'd like to quote a line from The Simpsons ... ahem ... "Your loneliness saddens me."[/quote]

And coming from a person with a frosty head, a santa and business suit. I don't care. Causing grief is more effective by a person with a frosty head and business suit.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Alright, I figured out how to disable the emoticons (never bothered switching to a more options). But the imbedding still won't work.

Do I just post the link ala Youtube, or is there additional code I need to put in for the video to show?[/quote]
Pretty sure embedding videos only works on certain sites. I know it works on youtube and gametrailers...

[quote name='Paco']And coming from a person with a frosty head, a santa and business suit. I don't care. Causing grief is more effective by a person with a frosty head and business suit.[/quote]

Touche

I've got a little red bow
And I bought it for you
'Cause I know you're not fair
I don't get it, oh well
And you color my skin
And the colors don't blend
'Cause I'm gonna get you
And your little dog too

There's a yellow brick road
That we follow back home
And I know you can't wait
Your belligerent hate

There's no place like home
There's no place like... home
Home

I've got a southern belle too
In her ruby-red shoes
With a body of straw
Are you sick of it all?
There's a man made of tin
With an oil-can grin
And I'm gonna get you
And your little dog too

There's a yellow brick road
That we follow back home
And I know you can't wait
Your belligerent hate

There's a little white porch
And you wanted it so
Can you let me go down
To the end of the road?
In the black and the white
A technicolorful life
Can I stand by your side?
We can make it alright

I'm home

'Cause I'm home
There's a little white porch
And you wanted it so
Can you let me go down
To the end of the road?
In the black and the white
A technicolorful life
Then another arrived
It's a cowardly lion

What I want from this world
What I want to resolve
Well, I want you to stay
So I want you to wait
I don't wanna be bold
I don't wanna be cold
I don't wanna grow old
I wanna go home

Well that was random. I think I just realise this thread is like Home, with most just being here and there, and Malik being one of those griefers in it.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well that was random. I think I just realise this thread is like Home, with most just being here and there, and Malik being one of those griefers in it.[/quote]

**Humps Thongsy's female character**

[quote name='Maklershed']Hey guys! I'm a girl!

*casual dance*[/quote]

1227696154008jj3.jpg

The Red Bull thing isn't bad.. but WTF? Everytime I walk up to the fence to try and play, it won't let me focus on it because fucktards keep running within five feet of me and I can only focus on them.

[quote name='QiG']The Red Bull thing isn't bad.. but WTF? Everytime I walk up to the fence to try and play, it won't let me focus on it because fucktards keep running within five feet of me and I can only focus on them.[/quote]

You can hit a button to cycle through what your avatar is focused on. Might be circle

[quote name='QiG']The Red Bull thing isn't bad.. but WTF? Everytime I walk up to the fence to try and play, it won't let me focus on it because fucktards keep running within five feet of me and I can only focus on them.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Do we get any prize for achieving a certain time?

Just use the d-pad to cycle through objects you can focus on. I thought there was nothing to do there since it would take a few minutes for the planes and game to show up on the island.

They should put fucking go carts in there somewhere. That would be badass. And while you are waiting in line you can watch all the other people race around like blind retards. It would also be funny if people got on the track and fucking ran over. That would be fun.

anyone know how to unlock the parental controls? I tried entering the plaza (and the red bull space) and it said I didn't have permission...wtf?!? my parental locks are not set on my machine, is there a place in the home menu to disable it?

[quote name='Malik112099']They should put fucking go carts in there somewhere. That would be badass. And while you are waiting in line you can watch all the other people race around like blind retards. It would also be funny if people got on the track and fucking ran over. That would be fun.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever watched the bowling ? The ball goes down the midlle every time if you see it as a spectator .
Go-karts would be way too much of a challenge for these guys .

[quote name='Maklershed']The downside however is that it apparently serves no purpose other than just being a place to hang out in [/quote]

You described Home!

And Home's obsession with spiral staircases continue. If they could, I'm sure they'd put a spiral staircase INSIDE a spiral staircase. It's like Starbucks, but with stairs.

[quote name='OatmealMu']And Home's obsession with spiral staircases continue. If they could, I'm sure they'd put a spiral staircase INSIDE a spiral staircase. It's like Starbucks, but with stairs.[/quote]
:lol:
Yo dawg... I heard you like walking up stairs in circles, so we put a spiral staircase in your spiral staircase so you could walk up stairs in circles while you walk up stairs in circles.

Namco Museum goes final on PSN tomorrow

267336_1_hs.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Namco Museum[/FONT] has been available for months now in beta form for PlayStation 3 owners with PlayStation Network accounts. Tomorrow, a final version of the game will at long last see release, and will include a new version of Xevious.

Can we get this in USA? Would be nice. Also, priced at 1200 yen. Is it only accessible through Home?

If it's like the beta version, no. That version shows up under games and unlocks stuff for Home, though I hope it won't remove the items it's given out already.

[quote name='smiggity']Namco Museum goes final on PSN tomorrow

267336_1_hs.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Namco Museum[/FONT] has been available for months now in beta form for PlayStation 3 owners with PlayStation Network accounts. Tomorrow, a final version of the game will at long last see release, and will include a new version of Xevious.

Can we get this in USA? Would be nice. Also, priced at 1200 yen. Is it only accessible through Home?[/quote]

yeah we need a US version of this..

bread's done
Back