Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

I'm kind of getting sick of Sony. That's misleading as hell. "Download the Theme for a Chance to Get In". Apparently, they were only looking for Qore subscribers to begin with. Seedy.

I looked for a way to invite in the game, but couldn't find anything.

As soon as I find something out about the invites, you'll know.

I thought I remember reading somewhere you could "gameshare" the beta, meaning another ps3 could log into your account and download it onto their system and use it. Don't take that as any sort of confirmation, just something I think I remember.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I thought I remember reading somewhere you could "gameshare" the beta, meaning another ps3 could log into your account and download it onto their system and use it. Don't take that as any sort of confirmation, just something I think I remember.[/quote]

They can share it and start it up, but can't log-in to home.

Sounds like we'll all get in eventually. It's been delayed so long, what's a couple more weeks. Months. Years. Whatever. :p

[quote name='warpedcore']I'm kind of getting sick of Sony. That's misleading as hell. "Download the Theme for a Chance to Get In". Apparently, they were only looking for Qore subscribers to begin with. Seedy.[/quote]
Do you really think this is all that they're inviting from the sign-ups?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck man... it feels so unfair... especially when I've been pretty much grinding my teeth to get in.[/quote]

Shit, I've bought a ton of PSN content since I've downloaded the theme - I kinda feel shafted, but fuck it dude...let's go bowling...

I thought I remember reading to share home you give someone your download code.

It wouldn't hurt for someone to try, since if that isn't the way to share the code would be useless after the first download right?

[quote name='mguiddy']I thought I remember reading to share home you give someone your download code.

It wouldn't hurt for someone to try, since if that isn't the way to share the code would be useless after the first download right?[/quote]

Doesn't work but feel free to try anyway.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do you really think this is all that they're inviting from the sign-ups?[/quote]

From what I've been reading on the official Playstation forum and around here... it seems that the "activity" that Sony was looking for on your account wasn't anything more than buying a Qore subscription. It's just a pattern I've observed, most have claimed to be Qore subscribers, some have only bought Qore, others have very few forum posts. I don't understand the logic of using Qore subscribers as a basis of being a candidate if it is the case. At the very least, any Qore subscriber will only log into and download an episode once a month. They should hold to their "activity" claim and pick people, such as myself and others, that have bought Warhawk (Home capable) and the expansions as well as other games on PSN (Bionic Commando, Mortal Kombat II, etc).

[quote name='Methadon']Wow, Off-topic as hell.

No, the new PS3 will play PS1 & PS3 games, but NOT PS2 games.[/quote]

Sorry, I seen this was the general discussion topic and thought it would be the place.

[quote name='warpedcore']From what I've been reading on the official Playstation forum and around here... it seems that the "activity" that Sony was looking for on your account wasn't anything more than buying a Qore subscription. It's just a pattern I've observed, most have claimed to be Qore subscribers, some have only bought Qore, others have very few forum posts. I don't understand the logic of using Qore subscribers as a basis of being a candidate if it is the case. At the very least, any Qore subscriber will only log into and download an episode once a month. They should hold to their "activity" claim and pick people, such as myself and others, that have bought Warhawk (Home capable) and the expansions as well as other games on PSN (Bionic Commando, Mortal Kombat II, etc).[/quote]

Correlation does not mean causality. Just because you see some small correlation between people who subscribe to Qore and those who got into Home does not mean there's a connection.

Remember that there's still a very limited number of Home beta positions, and there are a lot of PS3 users who have just as much, if not more usage of their PS3 than you. From this pool they just choose randomly, and you just weren't chosen.

[quote name='Vanigan']Correlation does not mean causality. Just because you see some small correlation between people who subscribe to Qore and those who got into Home does not mean there's a connection.

Remember that there's still a very limited number of Home beta positions, and there are a lot of PS3 users who have just as much, if not more usage of their PS3 than you. From this pool they just choose randomly, and you just weren't chosen.[/quote]

Basing it on the fact that this is Sony we're talking about here and it'd be within their morality to pull a dick move like that.

[quote name='smiggity']Officially? You mean beyond the CS phone calls?[/quote]

yeah, a couple of people have e-mailed sony and the responses they have received back stated that this would be a weekly thing.

Now for the real meaty section of the game -- the community and apartment lifestyle. Right away you'll realize that Home is all about interacting with other gamers. Think of an MMORPG without the RPG. As soon as you enter the main Plaza, you are thrown into the middle of a large community. Within this plaza you'll find a theater, shopping mall, music center, and bowling alley with arcade machines and pool tables. Despite offering several locations to visit and interact with other players, you'll do a lot of interacting with people on the main strip. Plastered on the exterior of the previously said locations, you'll find giant televisions broadcasting trailer of the newest and latest games. As of now, you'll find a trailer of Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 playing throughout the main plaza. Don't get your hopes too high, though. The trailers are what we saw from E3 and don't reveal any new information or content. Aside from those two main screens, there is also the Theater. At the theater, you'll find one big screen that also plays one recently released game trailer. Currently playing is The Last Guy gameplay trailer. Definitely a neat addition. You'll also find movie style posters on the theater walls advertising recently released titles like Siren, The Last Guy, and Coming Soon titles like WipeOut HD.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=8002

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, a couple of people have e-mailed sony and the responses they have received back stated that this would be a weekly thing.[/quote]

Sony's support seems to know crap about this as many of the statements have been proven false. I wouldn't get your hopes up man.

I think more are coming as well RR, but you do know that is probably the standard response they are giving right? I would definitely not put too much weight into that.

[quote name='smiggity']I think more are coming as well RR, but you do know that is probably the standard response they are giving right? I would definitely not put too much weight into that.[/quote]

yeah my thoughts exactly, I just can't stand the wait. that's why whatever they say about home I pounce on.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah my thoughts exactly, I just can't stand the wait. that's why whatever they say about home I pounce on.[/quote]

Lol. I am the same way my friend...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think tonight may be when they send out more invites... in approx 2 and a half hours from now.[/quote]

You're very optimistic about this, I hope you're right but I don't have a good feeling about it.

I want sony to allow the ability to fight people. Imagine the fun we can have if we are able to punch and kick each other. I want to brawl with people on Home if they have any E-Beef

[quote name='Paco']I want sony to allow the ability to fight people. Imagine the fun we can have if we are able to punch and kick each other. I want to brawl with people on Home if they have any E-Beef[/quote]

knowing sony, it'd have to be done not with our fists but virtual PSPs

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']knowing sony, it'd have to be done not with our fists but virtual PSPs[/quote]

I want the Eyetoy to be used to record fantabulous hooks and nice ducks and weaves.

bread's done
Back