Sony PSP Core for $139.99 and UMDs for $4.99

Rivithed

CAG Veteran
Here's a deal that was spotted at a Sam Goody store for a Sony PSP core system, putting the price at only $10 more than a DS. See an in-store picture here. The deal may only be available until this Wednesday, but may be extended one more week. Several UMD movies are also available for $4.99 (can't remember which ones, but a couple were Harry Potter and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Sadly, all the Sam Goody's in my *state* closed down. Wonder if the offer applies at any of the sister stores? (can't remember what they are ATM).

Wow, if sony had dropped the PSP down to 140 instead of 160, i would have bought it. I wont now, cause of this new psp rumor floating around.

Yes - I did this deal at FYE a week ago. Already got the email my rebate was processing...

As usual for their deals, the FYE in my area only had ONE new core PSP - the rest were value pak and thus do not qualify for the rebate. Don't know if they got more since then.

[quote name='help1']Wow, if sony had dropped the PSP down to 140 instead of 160, i would have bought it. I wont now, cause of this new psp rumor floating around.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, when HASN'T there been a new PSP rumor going around? There'll be a new PSP when there's a new Gameboy or a DS2. Why? The hardware's fine. It's solid. It's a contender. It's already got more horsepower than a DS. It's just a matter of getting titles out, and while it's no DS in the software lineup, business has been picking up lately. It's pretty solid now. Can't wait for GOW.

I would not bet on any PSP rumors and the $140 price tag is well worth the price if you invest in a few games a solid memory card.

It's a $30 mail in rebate. They won't match rebates at most major stores. This has nothing to do with sony. This is just FYE moving some inventory and hoping people don't mail in the rebate. (Which actually happens a lot.)

[quote name='robbart914']Seriously, when HASN'T there been a new PSP rumor going around? There'll be a new PSP when there's a new Gameboy or a DS2. Why? The hardware's fine. It's solid. It's a contender. It's already got more horsepower than a DS. It's just a matter of getting titles out, and while it's no DS in the software lineup, business has been picking up lately. It's pretty solid now. Can't wait for GOW.[/QUOTE]
I think it's been confirmed by someone at Sony of Europe that there is one being worked on.

hmm, I would get a psp for $140 its puts it just a bit more than a DS which I also want. Hope this is at FYE even if it is via rebate.

The psp is slowly getting better but I wish i didn't get one as a gift when it launched. Seriously, I mostly only play Capcom and Neogeo emus on it.

I definitely need to get some more UMDs. I only get anime and superhero flicks that I'll watch over and over again. Seeing as though Sam Goody is in the same boat at FYE, is there a similar sale on that end?

Tempting... I think I'll wait until later this year though. I'm really interested in seeing the reviews for Dracula X Chronicles when it comes out in (probably) fall. That may be a system seller for me. :)

Pensacola: The "Help me I'm stuck 20 years in the past!" city.

At least we have a Gamestop...

Wait... #-o

I'm not in the market for a PSP, but I wish I'd known about this for the sake of a buddy of mine.

I live very close to an absolutely DEAD FYE (in a big dead mall, Sears is the only anchor retailer left, with like four empty anchor spots) in which I've never seen more than two or three customers. If they had any at this price, they probably still do. I'll need to go on a scouting mission tomorrow.

For the UMDs though, heck, I might buy a few just in case I ever get a PSP.

Tell your buddy to get it from Amazon by applying for their instant credit card before checkout and you'll get $30 credit back after first purchase - thus making it 139.99'ish too. Free ship, mostly no tax, and not waiting for a longer rebate process.

bread's done
Back